Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A (13842 Views)

New Band A Tariff: NERC Orders Automatic Downgrade After 7 Days Non-Performance / Discos Post 37 Apologies To Band A Customers In 1 Week / FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by motionarena: 6:15pm On Apr 12
are they providing dem with 20HRS light or just migrating dem

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Tokskob2008: 6:16pm On Apr 12
Gone are the days when Band A made sense

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by patrickcollins: 6:16pm On Apr 12
tefishy:

The way they keep making emphasis on Band A, you go think say na 24hrs light dem dey get
Just way to make more money, with time all the Discos will do same with availability of supply to remain same

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by yemmywesey(m): 6:17pm On Apr 12
Nah band j I want.
They should give me light 10.00 am to 3pm
And 11.00 pm to 8.00 am
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Snowx: 6:19pm On Apr 12
Kukuma finish your people with hardship
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Blitzking: 6:20pm On Apr 12
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by khalleb(m): 6:21pm On Apr 12
Ozommadu:

BandA mostly estates and industrial areas...increase in tarrif for industrial areas= increase in prices of finished goods.

Tomorrow Nigerians will start asking why is dollar coming down and food prices going up yen yen yen.

Tinupoo is playing you the devil's advocate...give you with right hand, collect it back with left hand, nitoru olorun abi how Una talk amπŸ˜‚
You're very wrong with your view if a kw is 268/hr petrol is 650/L diesel 1500/hr if you are using diesel or petrol you'll need to service your Generator you'll need to put engine oil and the environment pollution that comes with it and tell me if you're an entrepreneur which one will you go for cost wise

2 Likes

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by tollyboy5(m): 6:21pm On Apr 12
Ozommadu:

Where's the constant light? Don't be unfortunate
You might be unfortunate one who knows?
BadMaster:

Well, the 107 band A feeders on AEDC franchise are enjoying virtually 24hrs supply right now. But those on lower bands are not guaranteed of anything. It's so annoying.

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by tefishy(m): 6:22pm On Apr 12
You are simply saying that with time the demand will be more than supply and so therefore gbege go shele

patrickcollins:
Just way to make more money, with time all the Discos will do same with availability of supply to remain same
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Brushstrokes20: 6:22pm On Apr 12
With the useless, shameless, less than 5k megawatts since independence?πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€
The shyyythole is a stupid joke πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜œπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ’―πŸ’―
# useless govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY RULERS! 😝

2 Likes

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by zoomzoom(m): 6:24pm On Apr 12
[quote author=Ozommadu post=129403948]
BandA mostly estates and industrial areas...increase in tarrif for industrial areas= increase in prices of finished goods.

Tomorrow Nigerians will start asking why is dollar coming down and food prices going up yen yen yen.

Tinupoo is playing you the devil's advocate...give you with right hand, collect it back with left hand, nitoru olorun abi how Una talk amπŸ˜‚

Go to the head of the class!!.
Sense no go kill you!!.
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by PHAYOL81: 6:24pm On Apr 12
It's well!
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Ozommadu: 6:29pm On Apr 12
tollyboy5:

You might be unfortunate one who knows?

That's how you believed and defended buhari propaganda for 8wasted years.

You believe this shit??

2 Likes

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Greenfusion: 6:30pm On Apr 12
All these are just rubbish, why would some be assigned 24 hours electricity and others less....this is discrimination.......i just thank God, man doesn't have access to control the oxygen we breathe, hmmm .if not... i wonder wetin Nigerian politicians 4 take our eye see.....

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Ozommadu: 6:31pm On Apr 12
khalleb:

You're very wrong with your view if a kw is 268/hr petrol is 650/L diesel 1500/hr if you are using diesel or petrol you'll need to service your Generator you'll need to put engine oil and the environment pollution that comes with it and tell me if you're an entrepreneur which one will you go for cost wise

Where's the 24hrs light?? With constant grid fall nationwide, how long do you think the 24hrs light will stay??

This is same propaganda buhari used playing right in front of you.

So an increase in tarrif won't affect food prices when you know the epileptic power supply in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by VanuatuWycombe: 6:37pm On Apr 12
tefishy:

The way they keep making emphasis on Band A, you go think say na 24hrs light dem dey get

Walahi, I am surprised. We are getting more than 20hrs here.
Our light has always been good before sha but in the last 3 months, it has improved greatly. We have had more than 4 days of uninterrupted power supply.

This Band A thingy come make am dope. But let’s face it: the thing cost o. N20k light wey I buy today, na around 82 units dey inside o.

2 Likes

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by melodyogonna(m): 6:46pm On Apr 12
Ozommadu:

If you improve supply to industrial areas you're then enabling scale, which would result in more employment, which would result in more people being able to afford the goods
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Mubiola360: 6:56pm On Apr 12
Ozommadu:

If truely it can be implemented and the 20hrs is certain, it will save a lot of fund burn on fuel and Gen maintenance and hence , reduction in cost price , ease pressure on fuel , with stable power, more Manufacturers will troop in. A win win at the long run.
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by tefishy(m): 7:15pm On Apr 12
Still expensive for that amount

VanuatuWycombe:

Our light has always been good before sha but in the last 3 months, it has improved greatly. We have had more than 4 days of uninterrupted power supply.

This Band A thingy come make an dope. But let’s face it: the thing cost o. N20k light wey I buy today, na around 82 units dey inside o.

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by LaSenior: 7:24pm On Apr 12
Owerri people waiting for eedc to try nonsense

Since this month na only 3times we see light wey no reach 5hours

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Faposky95: 7:26pm On Apr 12
tefishy:

Then I ask, it was never a priority to trust our government to give us power.
That is, gen still exists and everything that comes with it.
We will move to those areas and see if you can maintain the capacity to provide for the increase
Mofos..why....APC
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by VanuatuWycombe: 7:27pm On Apr 12
tefishy:
Still expensive for that amount

Yes. It’s expensive. I hope it comes down.

It may still be ok around N200/kwh.

Those in that power value chain need money to invest heavily in that sector to give us good services.
I don’t know why it’s taking decades to distribute common prepaid meters to all homes and other premises. Prepaid meters are like SIM cards.

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Father4all: 7:34pm On Apr 12
AbuTwins:
Band A is for rich people!

Ikeja Electric Just leave me for Band B.

Minimum of 16 hours don do me! Small for night and small for day

I need prepaid meter o!
how were you informed about your band?
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Max24: 7:37pm On Apr 12
Ozommadu:

You are a liar. Increase in tariff for industrial areas does not necessarily mean increase in the cost of goods produced by them. It might even be cheaper. Stop misinforming people.
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Oju4190: 7:37pm On Apr 12
if u like migrate to band y

u see dis country Nigeria,,, will never have 247 power supply

the day it will happen, dat is the day isreal and palestine will make peace
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Prigidypogodo(f): 7:42pm On Apr 12
lol I said it weeks ago.
they use that band stuff to test waters.
gradually they'll migrate everyone to band A
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by justmi1: 7:57pm On Apr 12
Ozommadu:

How do you do your maths... these area were obviously having poorer electricity before which means they would use more diesel which is more expensive compared to increased power tariff so far the power is constant
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Bluntemperor: 8:07pm On Apr 12
tefishy:

These DISCOS can't give what they don't have!
It's all a ruse and attempt to Cheat -Nigerians. They saw the high increase in the rates - for high Money Returns and are keeying in it but they can't keep with the Service - as you can't give what you don't have!
So why suddenly changing many Bands to Band A!
Also, in Abroad,there is nothing like Band A,B,C or D.Lights na lights,for its only in Nigeria where this is done!
We shall all see it that it's all Corruption.

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by didymario7(m): 8:15pm On Apr 12
tefishy:

Even the 20hrs dem no fit get am consistently. Where the power wan come from when total power generated still dey below 4000mw nationwide.

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by tefishy(m): 8:24pm On Apr 12
You just said the fact.

If Nigeria can't produce up to 20,000mw, we shouldn't have a conversation of 247 light.

didymario7:

Even the 20hrs dem no fit get am consistently. Where the power wan come from when total power generated still dey below 4000mw nationwide.
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Magnumproperty: 8:30pm On Apr 12
VanuatuWycombe:

This Band A thingy come make an dope. But let’s face it: the thing cost o. N20k light wey I buy today, na around 82 units dey inside o.
Waoooo. So the 20 hours minimum supply for Band A customers is true? We went dey lower bands no see light enjoy at all. That means you have to be switching off everything switchable when you aren't at home so as to manage your units.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded / How Obasanjo, Jonathan Left Us To Suffer β€” Ex-nigerian Airways Workers / FG Commissions Centre For Basic Space Science Nsukka To Boast Space Researc. Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.