Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones (18581 Views)

Ayam Cemani: The Most Expensive Chicken In The World - All Black (Video) / Man Buys Frozen Meat That Was Produced 15th Of March (Photo) / The World’s Most Expensive Wedding Cake Was Made In Dubai(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by chidiokay: 5:40pm On Apr 13
BscHolder:
brotherly as it stands so I am so heartbroken.
I went to the market and came back shattered.
Garri now is 5 cups for 1,000 naira

Nigerians are just so fixated on Garri, whats the nutritional value of drinking garri cheesy

i rather take oat meal, a sachet is as low as #200 comes with more nutritional value and e dey hold belle .. just bless it with milk,
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by wwwtortoise(m): 5:57pm On Apr 13
Jokerman:
- Did petrol price reduce?

- Did security in farmland reduce?

- Did tax and tariff collectors reduce thier price from the market people and farmers?

- Did electricity price reduce?

- Are workers not going to request for increase in Salary?

You’re the only person that highlighted the core issues bedeviling the cost differentials.

All hope is not yet lost as we still have right thinking people here.
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Ken4Christ: 6:16pm On Apr 13
In summary; while prices of foreign food items are dropping, local food prices are rising. Nigerians are Nigeria problems. Who do us?
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Acidosis(m): 6:37pm On Apr 13
banku:
Right, lion nor dey born goat. They come from within. You papa go do worse if dem give you chance.
People dey tok about individual greed, dis one wan divert attention to votes.
Ndi iberiberi

Wetin bring papa into this? As your papa no get sense to birth a sensible human being, I no fit blame you too much, my brother.

The difference between you and me is your affinity for self-deceit and fo, oli, shness. You have unaccountable thieves at the helm of affairs, yet you suddenly expect a common retailer to be upright. You will wait in vain. cheesy

I used to be like you a while back. But I know better now. Like the National Assembly, everyone is just trying to inflate and pad their budgets. cheesy

Next thing na to escalate fayawo (smuggling) business grin Since the government has decided to carry Bobrisky's matter on their head, rather than go after smugglers with hard evidence from Fisayo, I expect more smugglers in the coming days/weeks.

Like a funnel, this corruption will trickle down, from the richest to the poorest.

1 Like

Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Qadaffi2idiamin: 7:39pm On Apr 13
victorclean:
Gbam. Very foolish middle men causing hardship. FG out of pity banned importation for Nigerian farmers to enjoy, but their greed for money lead to increase in price above imported foods despite not paying import duties.

Nigeria middle men should be examine.
Just one month of border reopening...

Their ego will calm.

Useless traders.

1 Like

Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Cromagnon: 10:15pm On Apr 13
wittywriter:

Nigeria's food hike solution will come when Nigerians decide to take agriculture as a norm.
Normal normal I make sure I plant yearly even if it's third party planting and harvesting process.
If you have funds that you can invest in agriculture for personal consumption then make sure to...thank me later.

Read to comprehend...there's no award for hasty mentions...

Ability to comprehend is a rare trait..you have it though...stay blessed.

Start an Agric community... If you need help to facilitate your Agric goal(s) then drop your contact I'll link you for further actions.

You'll lias with farmers....if you need such process drop your digits in any of your own thread here on NL then quote my moniker I'll
link you up.

Wittyness
How do you mention multiple ppl in one mention
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Cromagnon: 10:17pm On Apr 13
victorclean:
Gbam. Very foolish middle men causing hardship. FG out of pity banned importation for Nigerian farmers to enjoy, but their greed for money lead to increase in price above imported foods despite not paying import duties.

Nigeria middle men should be examine.
Why are they foolish
Why don't you do the work and make less profit

Talk is cheap
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Cromagnon: 10:18pm On Apr 13
BscHolder:
then what is FG doing to curb the excesses of middlemen, they'll blame high cost of transportation
What do you want them to do
Do you think govt is not worse than middlemen
Why not become a middleman and reduce your profits since it's easy to Talk
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Cromagnon: 10:19pm On Apr 13
victorclean:

The Agric minister is still asleep. Not yet a problem to the rich people. NIGERIA will definitely act when it affect the rich, they will act, just as they are fighting dollars
When will your poorppl problem affect the rich
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Cromagnon: 10:20pm On Apr 13
id4sho:
FG should import food and send these fools to village tongue, nonsense ingredients undecided
With which dollars
You've used it all to defendnaira for few weeks
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Cromagnon: 10:21pm On Apr 13
MuslimIgbo:
Nothing but greed.

Imagine beans more expensive than rice. See price of common garri now..

Nigerians are GREEDY
You nko
You're not a Nigerian
Have you Reduced your charges? Why should the farmers
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Cromagnon: 10:21pm On Apr 13
Dialpad:
Are we our own enemies? Or why would it be more expensive
Cost of production
Bad farming
Bad roads
Bad bandits
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Cromagnon: 10:29pm On Apr 13
Day169:
A nation at crossroads..
We are our own worst enemies. undecided
No one is your enemy
How many fARm you get
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Cromagnon: 10:30pm On Apr 13
Kaybaba5:
Are we now doing ourselves?
You dinknow?
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Cromagnon: 10:31pm On Apr 13
Honestey:
Yes, it's wickedness of our people not 100% Tinubu policy that is making things hard for Nigerians
It's demand and supply not wickedness
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Cromagnon: 10:32pm On Apr 13
Flame333:
I just wish tinubu can look downward and see how he can use the same strategy he used against the Bureau de Change men on all this producers...
Wait for other foot to drop

Such an act of pure wickedness...
Nope
You're just lazy

it's just a matter of time they will all get tired
no one gets tired of money
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Cromagnon: 10:33pm On Apr 13
Akwamkpuruamu:

Not everyone will be a farmer. in the USA, less than 10% are farmers and they feed their nation while here is the reverse, yet food scarcity
Are Nigerian farmers same with American farmers
Talk with sense na
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Cromagnon: 10:34pm On Apr 13
Crafteck1:

Agriculture will be a Norm if security becomes a norm
Who will suffer pass, hunger or security
Continue waiting for security you hear
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Cromagnon: 10:35pm On Apr 13
Emeskhalifa:

Are you a farmer? How many hectares u dey farm? Una dey talk asif there is adequate security for farmers.
Do you all read news of how farmers are being attacked in their farms and k**led?

Fix the issue of security and a lot of people will dive into farming right now
When there was security how many of you went into farming
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Cromagnon: 10:37pm On Apr 13
pretydiva:
Apparently, the rise in dollar had no effect in the price of local food commodities.

If the problem of insecurity, and Fulani herdsmen killing farmers and destroying their farm produce can be brought to its barest minimum. Just maybe things might eventually go back to normal

Aside these factors stated above, sometimes na we dey do ourselves for this country. We are our own enemy
When there was no insecurity were foodprices not rising?
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Cromagnon: 10:37pm On Apr 13
R
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Dwightventures(m): 2:01am On Apr 14
Has petrol price increased in the last couple of weeks?

This is astounding. Naira gains a whopping one-third of its value in the last one month. I go to market happy that things would have come down. INSTEAD, THEY DON'T REMAIN SAME -- THEY'RE INCREASING!

One seller's excuse to me was she said "God" wanted to show Nigerians that they should change from their sins!

No human being can ever make sense of this evil failed state
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by FuckYeyeMods: 7:12am On Apr 14
When indians are left with rice industry, that's what you get.
They're very wicked and bad people who care only about gains at all cost.
Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by Jeje247: 8:43am On Apr 14
sprints1:
to buttress your point sir this is what we are facing at the moment
Milo(20g) satchet 150
Peak satchet 200
Peak tin 750
Tea top cafe 200
Cadbury 300
Bread 800 rubbish quality
Premium bread 1200 -1600 depend on quality
Sapagetti -900 -1k
Semolina - 5k for 2.5kg Auntie B na 4k
Wheat 2.5kg - 6k
Vegetable oil 5 litre - 12500k
Soya oil - 14k
Now Locally produced
Yam (6 tuber) cheap zone 14000
. expensive zone like akure and Lagos 17 - 20k
Rice short grain 5500-6k
Rice long grain 6500-7500k
Garri ijebu - 6500 -7500k
Carri normal custard rubber - 4500k
Beans white - 5500k
Beans drum - 6000
Beans oloyin -7k
Palm oil local 5 litre - 8k

Na the rubbish I dey spend money on top be that wey I no dey progress for life... I no put upkeep stuffs even extract soap wey fake na full market na 2500k

It's frightening. It's difficult to save right now cos prices are eclipsing income

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Locally-produced Foods Now More Expensive Than Imported Ones by banku: 2:39pm On Apr 15
Sorry about the translation, papa here means paapa: you sef as in even you.

Nothing to do with father.

Acidosis:

Wetin bring papa into this? As your papa no get sense to birth a sensible human being, I no fit blame you too much, my brother.

The difference between you and me is your affinity for self-deceit and fo, oli, shness. You have unaccountable thieves at the helm of affairs, yet you suddenly expect a common retailer to be upright. You will wait in vain. cheesy

I used to be like you a while back. But I know better now. Like the National Assembly, everyone is just trying to inflate and pad their budgets. cheesy

Next thing na to escalate fayawo (smuggling) business grin Since the government has decided to carry Bobrisky's matter on their head, rather than go after smugglers with hard evidence from Fisayo, I expect more smugglers in the coming days/weeks.

Like a funnel, this corruption will trickle down, from the richest to the poorest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

91.1% Of Tomato Pastes In Nigeria Are Fake / Lagos Bans Use Of Motorbikes,air Cooling Vans For Meat Transportation / Price Of Bread Set To Rise As Bakers Lament High Cost Of Ingredients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.