Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,623 members, 7,816,565 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) (44108 Views)

Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel By Road And Sea From Its Complex In Lekki / Islamic Group Warns Amotekun For Arresting Northerners Traveling In Trucks / Convid-19: Nnamdi Kanu Brings In Trucks Load Of Food To Be Shared To Biafrans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by 7lives: 8:56pm On Apr 15
Dittodat:

grin grin grin

Ok, we believe you instead. I thought you people said it would not even work anyway. grin grin grin

Pls take medication for your pain.

Em actually,.... em you see, em in fact Dangote is dangerous to the Nigerian economy.
How can government allow one man to single handedly own a refinery.
Some fools will swallow this bait.
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by Splashme: 9:01pm On Apr 15
Donaldoni:

Then why was there a terrible, destructive N300+ gap between the official market and parallel market during Emefiele's era

Yes, CBN is back defending the Naira by selling fx to BDCs at subsidised rates.
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by Christlike01: 9:04pm On Apr 15
SeeWahala:
When will we see the petrol that they have been using to hype this refinery since buhari yeye saga? undecided

The common man on the street in nigeria has no use for diesel. He fuels his gen with petrol, fuels his car with petrol, bike and keke nko? What of public transportation? Does danfo use diesel?

And let no agbad0 muncher come to talk to me about factory and manufacturing sector using diesel here angry afterall the dollar going & coming UP-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT has done absolutely nothing to mitigate the high and still rising cost of food in the market for the same common man on the streets to buy and eat cry

Lol! Chinedu,cry,cry very well;Nigeria won't collapse because your tribal man failed at the polls!
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by providencia(m): 9:05pm On Apr 15
Kenochi:
When some individuals ask why the naira is strengthening against the dollar,this right here is one of the Reasons

For close to 15 years,the Nigerian Government has totally removed subsidy on Diesel and Aviation fuel.This means companies have to source for dollars to keep importing this product,the reason why this is important is because almost all economic activities in Nigeria are done using Diesel.Infact I call the Nigeria the only country in the world that runs it's economic activities on Diesel
Now imagine for a second,that a company in Nigeria now starts producing Diesel to serve the whole country and beyond,you don't need to be told that there will be a glut of foreign exchange
For some of us,we knew that this will happen and we started investing in properties along this corridor

Kindly go to my signature to see how you can get a piece of the action in the Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub and beyond....

This is the beginning of Nigeria's Industrial Revolution

But they said dangote is importing crude from usa
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by Fearyourcreator: 9:08pm On Apr 15
Villa12:
go and work on your failed marriage. You failure. You brought your wife issue to public. Telling the public you're tired of your marriage. You're a failure.
Iya e oni jare e ...
Ibanuje onikuro ninu Le yin ...
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by SeeWahala: 9:09pm On Apr 15
Christlike01:

Lol! Chinedu,cry,cry very well;Nigeria won't collapse because your tribal man failed at the polls!

Its only the yoruba and hausa (with a few other tribes) that have been running the country aground for decades now, of course my tribe can't be blamed in any way whatsoever when the country finally collapses undecided

It's common sense innit? cool
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by Brenbentondiaz: 9:14pm On Apr 15
Developers right now ...

Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by Brenbentondiaz: 9:14pm On Apr 15
Developers right now...

Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by Ezeifeduba: 10:43pm On Apr 15
The real question Will be: how much will he sell it?
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by lakesider2006(m): 10:51pm On Apr 15
CodeTemplar:
When is port Harcourt refinery coming on stream?
Those NNPC dude should be flogged with mature sugarcane stick.
not only sugarcane but with log wood and harmer. We are getting there seriously
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by Riskymarvelous(m): 10:55pm On Apr 15
triple996:
some people will be very sad after reading this news grin .
Since their lord and saviour failed, they wish evil 4 the country
because dey are selling diesel for 1300 per litter Why OP allow all dis clowns dey comment for here now
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by triple996(m): 11:11pm On Apr 15
Riskymarvelous:
because dey are selling diesel for 1300 per litter Why OP allow all dis clowns dey comment for here now
People like you will celebrate if it's a little higher than that
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by victorsola: 1:55am On Apr 16
Paraman:
Fake video by Lagos Ibadan news

I know someone who's working at the Dangote refinery and he said the refinery will start working in third quarter of 2026.
the person doesn’t work there . Because I was there and I saw with my own eyes trucks taking out fuel. So your guy just Dey claim worker , believe me he or she is jobless
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by nkpommpko(m): 7:13am On Apr 16
hakeemhakeem:

were you in mas or you don't have data when the price was posted on the forum last week
please grow up and while you are at it, correct your English. If you have the answer make it available, we all don't sleep on nairaland.
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by Villa12(m): 7:48am On Apr 16
Fearyourcreator:

Iya e oni jare e ...
Ibanuje onikuro ninu Le yin ...
you're a failure. Go and work on your failed marriage. Unfortunate being grin
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:48am On Apr 16
nkpommpko:
please grow up and while you are at it, correct your English. If you have the answer make it available, we all don't sleep on nairaland.

Use your English to search for the answer
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by 7lives: 10:21am On Apr 16
victorsola:
the person doesn’t work there . Because I was there and I saw with my own eyes trucks taking out fuel. So your guy just Dey claim worker , believe me he or she is jobless

That guy doesn't even work at Dangote refinery, he's just another online troll.
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by Donaldoni: 1:39pm On Apr 16
Splashme:

Yes, CBN is back defending the Naira by selling fx to BDCs at subsidised rates.

Again I ask, if CBN is back to selling subsidised dollar like Emefiele era, how come we don't have a N300+ disparity between the official and parallel market today like we had then?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by christejames(m): 1:40pm On Apr 16
Nyouth:
you didn't attend classes in secondry school that's you are asking stupid question at your age

But I don't look like your father that you talk to anyhow na, which kind reply come be this 😕 undecided
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by Paraman: 2:03pm On Apr 16
nedekid:

https://punchng.com/dealers-demand-n850-litre-diesel-as-dangote-marketers-meet/
It has no correlation with my comment.

Around january and february, the price of diesel was sold for close to #1800 in some filling station because of the way the naira was losing value against the dollar. If Dangote bought his crude when dollar was 1350/$, he won't want to make a loss too nah

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by Paraman: 2:10pm On Apr 16
okoroemeka:
I am trying to imagine dangote trucks loaded with fuel and diesel flying on our highways,with the current drivers they have it will be the greatest terrorist attack in history,pls let them employ quality trained gradute drivers for this job,fuel is not cement
Does trucks you see belong to the marketers, not Dangote.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by gtown: 2:15pm On Apr 16
triple996:
I think you must be referring to those Afghanieastan cool cool who became emergency lovers of Nigeria towards the 2024 elections. tongue
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by Paraman: 2:16pm On Apr 16
7lives:

Em actually,.... em you see, em in fact Dangote is dangerous to the Nigerian economy.
How can government allow one man to single handedly own a refinery.
Some fools will swallow this bait.
Are you kidding?
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by gtown: 2:19pm On Apr 16
Paraman:

I know someone who's working at the Dangote refinery and he said the refinery will start working in third quarter of 2026.
That someone who told you the refinery would start working in the third quarter of 2026 must be one of those Afghanieastan nationals tongue
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by nedekid: 2:56pm On Apr 16
Paraman:
It has no correlation with my comment.

Around january and february, the price of diesel was sold for close to #1800 in some filling station because of the way the naira was losing value against the dollar. If Dangote bought his crude when dollar was 1350/$, he won't want to make a loss too nah
Dangote bought his crude supplied to him from Nnpc ie Agbani and exxon mobile here in Nigeria. The crude he imported from the US is for export market.
The question is did Nnpc give him crude in forex? And even if Nnpc gave him in forex it likely would not be at the market rate. Assuming it was even market rate, the cost of international shipping, insurance, taxes, customs duty etc ought to factored out of his current cost, not to talk of his local cheap labour.
What still is the benefit of having local refining capacity if imported Ago is still the same price.
Yes diesel was sold as high as 1600 to 1800, it came down to 1450 to 1700 before Dangote refinary started supplying. It is currently sold still between ₦1395 (some Nnpc with manipulated pumps) to ₦1650 in some stations, atleast within mainland Lagos.
It does not make sense that diesel refined in Nigeria will be dragging price with one imported from far away Russia.
You saw what air peace did, tickets was 3m, air peace came in and cut it to 1.2m despite their aircrafts being wet leased which is more expensive to operate (forex wise) for the airline than a dry leased aircraft foreign airlines mostly use. He used home advantage, dangote too should use home advantage to our benefit
Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by Paraman: 4:41pm On Apr 16
nedekid:

Dangote bought his crude supplied to him from Nnpc ie Agbani and exxon mobile here in Nigeria. The crude he imported from the US is for export market.
The question is did Nnpc give him crude in forex? And even if Nnpc gave him in forex it likely would not be at the market rate. Assuming it was even market rate, the cost of international shipping, insurance, taxes, customs duty etc ought to factored out of his current cost, not to talk of his local cheap labour.
What still is the benefit of having local refining capacity if imported Ago is still the same price.
Yes diesel was sold as high as 1600 to 1800, it came down to 1450 to 1700 before Dangote refinary started supplying. It is currently sold still between ₦1395 (some Nnpc with manipulated pumps) to ₦1650 in some stations, atleast within mainland Lagos.
It does not make sense that diesel refined in Nigeria will be dragging price with one imported from far away Russia.
You saw what air peace did, tickets was 3m, air peace came in and cut it to 1.2m despite their aircrafts being wet leased which is more expensive to operate (forex wise) for the airline than a dry leased aircraft foreign airlines mostly use. He used home advantage, dangote too should use home advantage to our benefit

Well, there's no way Dangote will sell at a loss. He's a private business man.

If he bought crude when naira was exchanging for 1500/$, there's no way you will expect him to sell at a loss.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by BALLOSKI: 4:43pm On Apr 16
triple996:
Ratio of smart people to cretins in Nigeria is very high, hence their high tendency to use their head less. People who believed it was Buhari's clone in Aso rock then could believe any hogwash. They even told us the refinery is fake and nonexistent despite the obvious fact. Some people stupid sha.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by Paraman: 4:44pm On Apr 16
nedekid:

The question is did Nnpc give him crude in forex?
How do you know the crude he imported from the US is for export? Provide your source.

Yes, he bought crude in dollars from the NNPCL

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Rolls Out Diesel In Trucks For Local Consumption (Video) by WorldRichest: 4:49pm On Apr 16
Paraman:

If the person you know who works as gateman at Dangote Refinery is a developer, then he is a bastard for working at his enemy's company

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Ambode Dance At Redeemed Convention (Photos) / Femi Adesina: The Dream I Had About Abba Kyari And My Last Contact With Him / Leave Presidency For Me, Take State – Peter Obi Begs Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.