Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,904 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner (21751 Views)

Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death / Police Arrest 3 Dowen School Students Over Sylvester Oromoni’s Death / Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:05am On Apr 16
Max24:

What better things is better than knowing the true cause of a young boys death in order to prevent a reoccurrence ? Is it a story of Tonto Dike or portable that we should be watching ? To change this country we need to prioritize our social discuss on tangible things, not irrelevancies.

For how long will they drag it? In a much better country this case would have been dead close since and those found guilty are brought to justice so why is this one different?
After how many months they couldn't get anything, then from no where the school is saying such statement again.....does it make sense to you?

1 Like

Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:09am On Apr 16
gobuchinny:

Becos it's not ur son abi? Better things sud trend like what bobrisky, vdm? If it concerned u u wouldn't be this childish.

I dnt reply to comments on nairaland from people especially your type that dont reason n criticised out of sentiments. If na your son dey involved for this matter all this years or months na him the sch and police dey use am play....they keep going back and forth yet the killers dem no won reveal them cos na naija you dey..
You heard the story n how the boy died..so what is stoping those involved from facing the law....the same sch dey cover up becos it involves big man children, na the same sch dey come put out this statement again...how you take see am?
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by Danabu(m): 7:29am On Apr 16
Yugoslavia247:
Right from the beginning they tried to cover up this case. Now they buried it.

But the bully are under age.
So even if they found them guilty they won't imprison them.
The school does not want to take the blame and the children in question are not poor children.

The school and the bullies parent fought as one against the parent of the diseased.

In all what I see is that, the child has died. The case buried and the parents must move on.

Reports have it that one of the students suspected to be involved is a son to BURUJI KASH.. a well known senator .
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by dontrulee: 7:31am On Apr 16
EreluRoz:
I only know him as Beyonce's husband lol

See your head, that's the only thing you know
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by EreluRoz: 7:33am On Apr 16
dontrulee:

See your head, that's the only thing you know
I don't know anything about his songs, I thought he was Beyonce's producer or so
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by Danabu(m): 7:33am On Apr 16
KennethOkonkwo:

The presidential election outcome just dey chase you people in your dream even a year after.Nigeria is beyond Igbo land!

It has now damaged your brain that when you die and the angels ask you who is your God?.you people answer will be "2023 elections "

Shebi naigbo man deliver that judgment?
Volunteer no fit injure.
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by kingthreat(m): 7:40am On Apr 16
My heart goes out to the young boys who were wrongly accused and bullied on this boys case.
May they find strength to put what happened aside and move on.

1 Like

Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by blackgold2018(m): 7:48am On Apr 16
valentineuwakwe:

Its beats my imaginations for a nobody like you to come online and insult someone you dnt know over his personal opinions. Why not just air your views or criticised him..must you insult that person..inside me and you now who is the bigger fool?
you re actually a confirmed mugu.

So a nobody insulted a somebody like you. Lol. Its only poor fools that think highly of themselves
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by GLouis: 7:49am On Apr 16
KennethOkonkwo:

The presidential election outcome just dey chase you people in your dream even a year after.Nigeria is beyond Igbo land!

It has now damaged your brain that when you die and the angels ask you who is your God?.you people answer will be "2023 elections "

You are posing as a Igbo man
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by GLouis: 7:50am On Apr 16
Vengeance belongs to God.

Court can pass their judgement but Justice comes Only from God.
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by Chibuezem(m): 7:58am On Apr 16
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by Max24: 8:16am On Apr 16
valentineuwakwe:

For how long will they drag it? In a much better country this case would have been dead close since and those found guilty are brought to justice so why is this one different?
After how many months they couldn't get anything, then from no where the school is saying such statement again.....does it make sense to you?
I agree with you that it should be faster. But I think half bread is better than none. There are too many deaths that are never accounted for in this country hence my view. We need to develop our autopsy system and coroner processes to learn from the death of others.

1 Like

Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by Temptee101(m): 8:32am On Apr 16
gaby:
The coroner report reads like the presidential election petition judgement.

Laughable, to say the least.

Swears, exactly what came to my mind while reading the embarrassing judgment

Nigeria is irredeemable, sadly

1 Like

Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by phineas: 8:47am On Apr 16
The crux of the fathers denial at this stage appears to be based mainly on the black substance found In the late boys belly.He insuniates it's from some substance he was made to drink at the time of the suspected bullying incidence

It is important for everyone to note that the stomach is cleared of anything eaten within 24hrs, so this so called black substance over a week, even 2 weeks in the late boys belly way after the purported incidence cannot be what they swallowed

2.Dying people say a lot of untrue stuff,due to low oxygen to the brain, you can all read up delirium before deaths.... in this particular case the autopsy showed low oxygen to his brain, apart from widespread sepsis in his body which also causes low oxygen to the body,so how did the country take those statements as the clear evidence of guilt of 5 boys,some who were not even where he said they were at

3.Public lynching on social media must stop,especially in this case where they are children,the child rights act must be drought to full use as example here,anyone saying crap about those boys must be made to face the full weight of the law,

I understand and commend greatly the silence of the parents of the dowen 5,it must not have been easy but they held their peace,I assume it was in honor of the late boy and the grief of the late boys father,as such it is the duty of the state,now that this judgement has been pronounced to protect those boys from the mob,everyone that drags them now outside a court of appeal must face the wrath of the law,that's how and why we are not animals

Lastly let us all remember the person primarily responsible for the death of this boy is his father.the buck stopped with him,and he made the call to allow a child die of sepsis( widespread infection ) without treatment in this day and age and that is the crux of the matter
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by phineas: 8:50am On Apr 16
kingthreat:
My heart goes out to the young boys who were wrongly accused and bullied on this boys case.
May they find strength to put what happened aside and move on.

May God strengthen the 5 boys wrongly accused of murder,let us all remember they spent a few days in detention over the christmass period,the fear and terror they must have faced,and sadly we all knew that they were safer in prison then than in their homes

All because of a father that failed in his responsibilities as a father

May God strengthen those boys and I pray their future turns out brighter through this adversity

1 Like

Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by phineas: 8:53am On Apr 16
valentineuwakwe:

I dnt reply to comments on nairaland from people especially your type that dont reason n criticised out of sentiments. If na your son dey involved for this matter all this years or months na him the sch and police dey use am play....they keep going back and forth yet the killers dem no won reveal them cos na naija you dey..
You heard the story n how the boy died..so what is stoping those involved from facing the law....the same sch dey cover up becos it involves big man children, na the same sch dey come put out this statement again...how you take see am?

Every medical report as told all of you that the cause of the boys death is lack of treatment,they have told you that his last words cannot be reckoned with because there was low oxygen in his brain, that something black swallowed cannot stay I the sto ach for 2 weeks. If you have any dr in your family at all ask them too,then come back and apologize to the dowen 5
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by phineas: 8:56am On Apr 16
seborrhic:
Didn't know Nigeria still has this calibre of erudite judges.
The verdict is on point.
With the kinds of nonsensical rulings judges in the appeal and even SC are delivering,this judge is being wasted at the the level he is.
The only area of disagreement I find with the judge is that he may have considered the state of mind of the parents for him to have been a bit soft on them.
The parents negligence was largely to blame for their son's death and their actions of deception and intimidation on SM has left 5 innocent kids probably traumatized for life.
Who is going to compensate the 5 kids alive for the enormous psychological trauma the accusations of oromini's parents has made them go through?
P.S,Falana is a disgrace.
Instead of accepting this well thought out judgement,he is disgracing himself by finding childish issues with the judgement.
Falana is just like SERAP:they always want to stay relevant and important for clients by making all sorts of silly noises and bringing up laughable issues and cases.

From your user name I see you are a medical person,please keep loading it don't stop,evil thrives when good men stay silent.Every medical person everywhere must speak up for those boys,we can't let this happen in Nigeria to kids cos we were silent
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by Lomprico2: 9:55am On Apr 16
Yugoslavia247:

The school does not want to take the blame and the children in question are not poor children.

The school and the bullies parent fought as one against the parent of the diseased.

In all what I see is that, the child has died. The case buried and the parents must move on.

Most or all of the bullies have been flown abroad since.

It's a pity sha.

Justice in Nigeria is for the highest bidder

1 Like

Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by Lomprico2: 10:01am On Apr 16
remsonik:
Nawa o,it is well. That's why the education, discipline and training the parents give their children is even much more higher than what a school will give. So parents should be careful and no child should face negligence.
Two wrongs does not make a right, Dowen college too is wrong but parents too needs to put more face into what the kids do/face/learn in school.
May his soul rest in perfect peace.

So if your child is in a boarding school and he/she is bullied to the point where they become so sick and dies after a short while, it's your fault, not the bullies or the school you paid millions to cater for that child, hm?

2 Likes

Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by Lomprico2: 10:03am On Apr 16
Fiscus105:
The father is crying foul when he is the biggest culprit in the whole saga.

Why did you send a pre-teenager to boarding school as far as Lagos, when so many quality schs abound PH? The town of your residence.

People want to have kids, but giving them, time and attention they needed to become a better person in life, would become problem for the parents.

See wetin human being dey type? SMH
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by Montaque(m): 11:01am On Apr 16
How? A boy that is in Boarding school. How are the parents expected to know his daily activities in school?

I don't like that this matter when to the Coroner. Now the issue has been made worse. The parents should just commend the matter to natural justice. The boy's spirit should seek for those that wronged him, if he was truly wronged while alive.

1 Like

Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by YourKarma: 11:04am On Apr 16
ValCon888:
No young child can die a natural death. This judgment is a sham.
Just imagine the nonsense you just spewed
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by kingthreat(m): 11:30am On Apr 16
phineas:

May God strengthen the 5 boys wrongly accused of murder,let us all remember they spent a few days in detention over the christmass period,the fear and terror they must have faced,and sadly we all knew that they were safer in prison then than in their homes

All because of a father that failed in his responsibilities as a father

May God strengthen those boys and I pray their future turns out brighter through this adversity

Amen. Glad to see a reasonable person here. Such an irresponsible father. Wanted to drag a whole institution and 5 families down with him over the departure of his child. May his son also find rest, poor boy.

1 Like

Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by OniyideAmplify(m): 11:56am On Apr 16
OGHENAOGIE:
am sure u are a deluded obidient who thought peter obi can just win pdp or apc with small lp... The 2023 polls remain the best result since Nigerian Independence only sore losers think otherwise.. u ll still wail More since Obi has refused to have Sense and return to PDP but is parading around dividing opposition votes
Can you please take your frustration elsewhere. Na God I take beg you 🙏
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by hobat4cash(m): 1:08pm On Apr 16
Yugoslavia247:

If you were one of the parent, would you move on knowing the power play involved in this case? As for me I won't move on, but I won't disclose what I would do, just know that revenge would take place one way or the other.

1 Like

Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by Keji1012(m): 1:10pm On Apr 16
valentineuwakwe:
Abeg make dem go rest o.....after how many months or years sef! Abeg better things should trend biko!

May the same thing happen to you and it shall be forgotten. Amen
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by hobat4cash(m): 1:14pm On Apr 16
GloriousGbola:
Dowen college needs to sue Oromoni

LASG needs to prosecute him for neglect

Oromoni failed his son and then tried to pin the blame on the school rather than on the pastor who advised him

People like Oromoni and that mother of the 10 year old only fans aspirant are incompetent parents who refused to bear responsibility for their negligence of their children

You are one of the most useless thing that condom failed to block.
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by sunsweet33: 1:20pm On Apr 16
valentineuwakwe:

For your information there is such thing as a “cold case” in developed countries…crimes can go unsolved for decades and still be reconsidered in light of new evidence so you shouldn’t blame other countries for your callousness…
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:30pm On Apr 16
OniyideAmplify:
Can you please take your frustration elsewhere. Na God I take beg you 🙏
idiotic animal stop pollution the thread saying 2023 polls was not judged well frustrated fool
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by OniyideAmplify(m): 2:38pm On Apr 16
OGHENAOGIE:
idiotic animal stop pollution the thread saying 2023 polls was not judged well frustrated fool
Being a Yoruba won't stop me from telling the truth, my own bro wasn't the winner.

But Sincerely, you need to go commit $u!ç|de.
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by Khallicopyro: 3:08pm On Apr 16
Money has changed hands. Now black na white and white na blue
Re: Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner by seborrhic: 5:06pm On Apr 16
phineas:

From your user name I see you are a medical person,please keep loading it don't stop,evil thrives when good men stay silent.Every medical person everywhere must speak up for those boys,we can't let this happen in Nigeria to kids cos we were silent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? / Osinbajo Changes Federal University, Oye Ekiti To Adeyinka Adebayo University / ESUT Returns To Its Original Multi-campus Structure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.