Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? (8053 Views)

8 Things In A Guy That Have Prompt Many Ladies To Offer Their Body Cheap For Him / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Is Handsome And Educated, But Poor? / Why Are Ladies Shy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Blackteeth(m): 10:51am On Nov 18, 2011
Many Guys have seriously told me that I am good-looking, but when it comes to the ladies only very few have told me such. Does it mean that ladies are shy to say so? Or does it mean they have their own definition of a fine guy different from that of the guys? Or is it because I don't give them access to my wallet?
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 18, 2011
Open up your wallet and you will be Mr Universe to them
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Wexelion(m): 10:56am On Nov 18, 2011
Blackteeth:

Many Guys have seriously told me that I am good-looking, but when it comes to the ladies only very few have told me such. Does it mean that ladies are shy to say so? Or does it mean they have their own definition of a fine guy different from that of the guys? Or is it because I don't give them access to my wallet?

I think some ladies see it as being cheap or being too forward, i just don't know.
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Wexelion(m): 10:58am On Nov 18, 2011
Or let them access your wallet like access bank.
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Sijo01(f): 11:00am On Nov 18, 2011
Did u giv d guys access 2ur wallet?
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by slimyem: 11:13am On Nov 18, 2011
And what will telling you that you are handsome do to/for you??
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by thehunted(m): 11:34am On Nov 18, 2011
[size=13pt]most women will tell u if actually u are cute.[/size]
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 18, 2011
@poster
A) it doesnt matter what anyone says about your looks, if you aint got the total package then your looks are not important.
B) i am seriously curious to know how/why your male friends would tell you that you are beautiful?!
C) could it also be that you are attractive to male and not females, lol!
D) MOST IMPORTANTLY, are you THAT insecure in your life that you need women to tell you that you are good looking? look in the damn mirror and judge for yourself because it is the only person's opinion that truly matters.
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2011
Blackteeth:

[size=14pt]Nice topic. But your reference to giving them access to your wallet is inconsequential in all it's totality, as no sane man flashes his wallet to absolute strangers!. . .

Now, i wont say it's as a result of shyness! Some girls are congenitally shy though, but the underlying factor of unapproachability has to do with the completely unfounded statement that "Men must make the first move"! And believe you me, a lot of ladies are subscribers to this unsubstantiated statement. I ask again, why a lady should let something good pass her by just because she is shy to talk. Na wa o! Oya mi lenu gan! Smacks of immaculate discombobulation. Kudos to ladies who actually know what they want, and go for it, irrespective of whether the guy turns them down or not! That courage should be applauded. . . [/size]
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by megletters: 1:28pm On Nov 18, 2011
I agree that girls who r courageous enof to know what they want and go for it r to be commended, but not enof guys r comfortable to be around such girls for too long.

'Knew a guy once who LOVED a bold girl, confident, smart, extrovert and all and actually dated one who was bold enof to say to him she tot he was really good-looking and she would love that they got married, today however he is married to someone u can comfortably say is 'shy', calm and submissive. Whatever did my 'bold' sista do wrong?

Fact: most nigerian guys still don't know what to make of gurls who r not afraid to grab the bull by d horns. in all frankness.
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2011
A lady who is in loving with u ain't gon'be shy to tell u dat only if u are really handsome,speaking from experiences but this one wey ur name na blackteeth maybe dat is why they ain't telling u how ugly u are.
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by freecocoa(f): 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2011
Very seriously I agree with megletters,most of these girls are afraid the guys would think them cheap and loose if they are bold enough to say how they feel or what they think,which is definitely how most guys think,that not withstanding,there are still girls who are not afraid to make a move,so OP show your face let me see and if you are fine,I'll tell you straight no mincing words .BTW I'm suspecting you and your male pals.
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Nayah(f): 1:44pm On Nov 18, 2011
Poster, hell no it's always a pleasure to tell your brother is handsome!  wink
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 18, 2011
Op share the money and u will become a mister universe to a naija babe grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2011
Sexkillz i have come accross many of ur posts and i notice u're unrepentantly using the word'discombobulation'abeg o no offence,my teacher died in 9/11 attack.wetin dat one mean?
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 18, 2011
Fact: most nigerian guys still don't know what to make of gurls who r not afraid to grab the bull by d horns. in all frankness.
[size=14pt]+100[/size]
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by omega25red(m): 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2011
Sijo01:

Did u giv d guys access 2ur wallet?
fell off the chair grin grin grin

this poster is either a pretty boy wannabe or gay. You go around waiting for people to validate how good looking you are. Home boy even if you are good looking but have a shitty personality you will be ugly. One trait that i know that most women find irritating in a guy is a mirror hugger who constantly has to be reassured that he looks good that is just gay.
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Blackteeth(m): 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2011
Freecocoa, what are you suspecting?
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Talking(m): 4:21pm On Nov 18, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Nice topic. But your reference to giving them access to your wallet is inconsequential in all it's totality, as no sane man flashes his wallet to absolute strangers!. . .

Now, i wont say it's as a result of shyness! Some girls are congenitally shy though, but the underlying factor of unapproachability has to do with the completely unfounded statement that "Men must make the first move"! And believe you me, a lot of ladies are subscribers to this unsubstantiated statement. I ask again, why a lady should let something good pass her by just because she is shy to talk. Na wa o! Oya mi lenu gan! Smacks of immaculate discombobulation. Kudos to ladies who actually know what they want, and go for it, irrespective of whether the guy turns them down or not! That courage should be applauded. . . [/size]

^^^ On point amigo. Kudos to those chics who know wat they want and don't let it slip by.
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by iice(f): 4:52pm On Nov 18, 2011
Nigerian men have this thing with their looks. 'i'm a fine boi', 'people been telling me i'm handsome', 'i fine well well'.
Like they need to reassure and be reassured that they have 'looks'. Anyway all cause and effect.

I'm not shy to tell a guy he's handsome. Why should i be?
I can understand where megletters is coming from though.
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by yoriyori15(f): 7:18pm On Nov 18, 2011
I also can understand what megletters is saying. Guys are not really sure of what they want, in thier mind they want a girl who's bold and takes control but some times when men get that woman they really don't know how to handle someone who can handle them. I personally can tell a guy he's good looking, but if he is good looking most of the time he already knows it cuz everyone else has boosted his ego to ridiculous heights, therefore i wont say anything about it.
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Blackteeth(m): 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2011
No need to reply the trash posts from omega and iice. Am not a newbie here, so i expected the usual stupid assumptions posters cook up.
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Sijo01(f): 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2011
omega25red:

fell off the chair grin grin grin

oh, swerry, so sory abut dat. i di'nt wish u dat.
bt hope u'r up now. wink wink

this poster is either a pretty boy wannabe or man-lover. You go around waiting for people to validate how good looking you are. Home boy even if you are good looking but have a shitty personality you will be ugly. One trait that i know that most women find irritating in a guy is a mirror hugger who constantly has to be reassured that he looks good that is just man-lover.

Gbam!
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by iice(f): 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2011
Blackteeth:

No need to reply the trash posts from omega and iice. Am not a newbie here, so i expected the usual silly assumptions posters cook up.

And yet you replied.
Oh well cause and effect and contaminated water
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Blackteeth(m): 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2011
^^^ Did i use the quote button?
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by iice(f): 5:24am On Nov 20, 2011
Seriously that slow? grin
Naija no dey try
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by freecocoa(f): 10:22am On Nov 20, 2011
Blackteeth:

Freecocoa, what are you suspecting?
That maybe you and your friends love what amu suspecting. grin wink
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Blackteeth(m): 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2011
@iice. What do you mean by "slow"? You mean the response time? Asking just to be sure. And who says I have nothing doing?
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by InkedNerd(f): 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2011
@OP: Post your pic so we can all see what your male friends are seeing grin
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Blackteeth(m): 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2011
@freecoca. Yes suspicion is allowed. That sounds better and more sensible than omega's talk and also iice goofing around in the name of claiming miss smart chic of Nairaland.
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by purplekayc(m): 1:13pm On Nov 20, 2011
@inked nerd see u weh dey talk u dont even have a profile picture
Re: Are Ladies Shy To Tell A Guy That He Is Handsome? by Blackteeth(m): 2:09pm On Nov 20, 2011
^^^Ask her if she has posted a picture of her ears at least.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why In The Name Of HELL Would A Guy Be Doing This To His Girl / Lady Advises Other Ladies On Talking During Sex (photos) / Guys, What Irks You Most In A Lady That Makes You Turn Her Down ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.