Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same (660 Views)

Old Post That Warned Christians About Naira Marley's Kind Of Music / "Trinity" Verse (1 John 5:7) Missing In Most Modern Bible Translations. / Jesus Appears To Group Of 72 Christians About To Be Slaughtered By Boko Haram... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Antiislaam(m): 9:25pm On Apr 17
Expanse2020:

https://www.facebook.com/reel/7401318523261024?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v
Mofos here is the videos stop talking on what you don't know the Genesis....let those who knows the truth speak up ..
With out lie Christianity is paper

Abirun but you said "Your father for bible married 3years gilr"

Is Facebook now Holy Bible? abi iru eru-iku ofo wo ni e na? Stop drinking expired camel urine you won't hear ehn
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 9:30pm On Apr 17
Antiislaam:

Abirun but you said "Your father for bible married 3years gilr"

Is Facebook now Holy Bible? abi iru eru-iku ofo wo ni e na? Stop drinking expired camel urine you won't hear ehn
Ofonu I no say u no go gree
Oponu you really know the customs and tranditions of Jewish more than them..
I expected you to abused and cursed after you saw the video.. because there is no card left for you to play...

I closed this thread for you
Make research and comeback
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Antiislaam(m): 9:38pm On Apr 17
Expanse2020:

Ofonu I no say u no go gree
Oponu you really know the customs and tranditions of Jewish more than them..
I expected you to abused and cursed after you saw the video.. because there is no card left for you to play...

I closed this thread for you
Make research and comeback

Is like the expired camel urine you are drinking has affected your brain abi?

With Bible reference, show us the name of the person that married a 3yr old girl?

Eru-iku, quote the verse lobatan, sebi you wan drag pedophile messenger Muhammad useless lifestyle inside the Bible abi, oya make we see
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 10:15pm On Apr 17
Antiislaam:

Is like the expired camel urine you are drinking has affected your brain abi?

With Bible reference, show us the name of the person that married a 3yr old girl?

Eru-iku, quote the verse lobatan, sebi you wan drag pedophile messenger Muhammad useless lifestyle inside the Bible abi, oya make we see
Odẹ everything is the Genesis open your bible

Serah died at the age of 127 .....check Genesis if I lie and Isaac was 37 at the age
Rebecca was born the same year Serah died
And Isaac was married at age of 40 according to genesis

Open your brain now
Between the age Sarah died and Isaac married was 3years interval

Sarah die the same year Rebecca was born and Isaac was said to married Rebecca shortly after her mother died
No be 3years be that... maybe you should pick up of bible and read through Genesis.. I know that how they had been fed lie to your forefather but the truth already in the bible

Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Apr 17
Expanse2020:

https://www.facebook.com/reel/7401318523261024?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v
Mofos check it out
When a whole Rabi talk please keep shut your trash
A whole rabbi? Jesus Christ cast woes on "whole" Rabbis during His time, and condemned them as not being of God. So why in the world are you here over 2000 years later attempting to present the musings of the mind of a man whom you claim is a "whole" rabbi in place of that stated in Scripture as proof of this claim of yours? undecided
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 10:37pm On Apr 17
Kobojunkie:
A whole rabbi? Jesus Christ cast woes on "whole" Rabbis during His time, and condemned them as not being of God. So why in the world are you here over 2000 years later attempting to present the musings of the mind of a man whom you claim is a "whole" rabbi in place of that stated in Scripture as proof of this claim of yours? undecided
are you Jew, if you are not Jew and don't know anything about thier customs and traditions please stay out of the lane.. awhole rabbi did Jesus didn't Jewish tradition hasbeen before Jesus was born
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Kobojunkie: 10:54pm On Apr 17
Expanse2020:
■ are you Jew, if you are not Jew and don't know anything about thier customs and traditions please stay out of the lane.. awhole rabbi did Jesus didn't Jewish tradition hasbeen before Jesus was born
Stop rambling! undecided

Jews did not exist at the time of Abraham. What you refer to as Jewish traditions began about 2500 years ago when the people of the Nation of Judah, who were meant to live by the tradition that is the Old Law of Moses, were captured by the Babylonians. So anyone spewing nonsense about Jewish traditions where it concerns Abraham needs to get his head correct. Abraham lived at the time according to the Law of God and that allowed by God, not what you consider Jewish tradition which was meant, by God to be based on the Law of Moses, a Law God did not give to Abraham. undecided
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 11:04pm On Apr 17
Kobojunkie:
Stop rambling! undecided

Jews did not exist at the time of Abraham. What you refer to as Jewish traditions began about 2500 years ago when the people of the Nation of Judah, who were meant to live by the tradition that is the Old Law of Moses, were captured by the Babylonians. So anyone spewing nonsense about Jewish traditions where it concerns Abraham needs to get his head correct. Abraham lived at the time according to the Law of God and that allowed by God, not what you consider Jewish tradition which was meant, by God to be based on the Law of Moses, a Law God did not give to Abraham. undecided
was isaac not the father of Jacob again...
You are just rambling those who leave during the Isaac what did they called them..
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On Apr 17
Expanse2020:
was isaac not the father of Jacob again... You are just rambling those who leave during the Isaac what did they called them..
Isaac was not a Jew. Neither was Jacob a Jew. Pleading this idea you call Jewish tradition where those involved were not themselves Jewish makes no sense. undecided

There are at least 9 tribes of Israel that are non-Jewish out there, mind you! Those considered Jews were those 3 tribes - Benjamin, Levi, and Judah - who were part of the breakaway nation of Judah as those we now call the Jews. So anyone who pretends that what they call Jewish tradition is some sort of umbrella under which all characters in scripture lived is already a fraud. undecided
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by gaskiyamagana: 11:23pm On Apr 17
FxMasterz:

What problems do you have with the texts?

Even the King James version has been revised continually to bring it at par with the Greek texts.

We Christians understand that Translators are human and are therefore susceptible to errors.

While the publishers are truthful enough to let readers know the flaws in their translations because they want the readers to have the true Word of God, in Islam, the reverse is the case. Each publisher defends lies with more lies. They even deliberately mistranslate Arabic texts to mean something different when it derogates Allah.

Hypocrite, each publisher of how many Quran?
True Word of God with multiple errors from translators and publishers? Who is deceiving who among God of Words in the Bible, the translators, the publishers and Christians?
No amount of your super story will clear Christianity as religion founded on FICTION,FALLACY,FALSEHOOD, FABRICATION MISREPRESENTATION AND MISINTERPRETATION of TRUE GOD and prophets especially prophet Isa (asw).
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On Apr 17
gaskiyamagana:
Hypocrite, each publisher of how many Quran?
True Word of God with multiple errors from translators and publishers? Who is deceiving who among God of Words in the Bible, the translators, the publishers and Christians?
No amount of your super story will clear Christianity as religion founded on FICTION,FALLACY,FALSEHOOD, FABRICATION MISREPRESENTATION AND MISINTERPRETATION of TRUE GOD and prophets especially prophet Isa (asw).
Every religion that associates itself in one way or another with the God of Israel and/or His Son Jesus Christ, happens to fall smack under that same indictment, I am afraid! lipsrsealed
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 4:53am On Apr 18
Kobojunkie:
Isaac was not a Jew. Neither was Jacob a Jew. Pleading this idea you call Jewish tradition where those involved are not themselves Jewish makes no sense. undecided

There are at least 9 tribes of Israel that are non-Jewish out there, mind you! Those considered Jews were those 3 tribes - Benjamin, Levi, and Judah - who were part of the breakaway nation of Judah as those we now call the Jews. So anyone who pretends that what they call Jewish tradition is some sort of umbrella under which all characters in scripture lived is already a fraud. undecided
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Tribes_of_Israel you should better picture your knowledge from the wright source instead reading fake Ajeri book you reading up and down
3 of them are not Jewish can u imagine
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Kobojunkie: 5:04am On Apr 18
Expanse2020:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Tribes_of_Israel you should better picture your knowledge from the wright source instead reading fake Ajeri book you reading up and down
3 of them are not Jewish can u imagine
You are joking, right? The information you need to know this particular topic is contained right there in Scripture. Since when did Scripture become a fake Ajeri book now? lipsrsealed

Use your brain abeg! After Solomons death, the original nation of Israel was divided into two with the descendants of David retaining the throne in the smalll nation of Judah. That is the same nation which the people in it were referred to as Jews particular from after the nation was captured by the Babylonians. The word Jews is originally derived from the Hebrew word Yehuidi and was used to describe the people of the nation of Judah. undecided
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 5:17am On Apr 18
Kobojunkie:
You are joking, right? The information you need to know this particular topic is contained right there in Scripture. Since when did Scripture become a fake Ajeri book now? lipsrsealed

Use your brain abeg! After Solomons death, the original nation of Israel was divided into two with the descendants of David retaining the throne in the smalll nation of Judah. That is the same nation which the people in it were referred to as Jews particular from after the nation was captured by the Babylonians. The word Jews is originally derived from the Hebrew word Yehuidi and was used to describe the people of the nation of Judah. undecided
The word Jew was use to describe the house, family ,children of the Jacob (just like Yoruba here have there own way of calling each house with their family) you should do more research If you don't understand a thing there ...
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Kobojunkie: 5:18am On Apr 18
Expanse2020:
The word Jew was use to describe the house, family ,children of the Jacob (just like Yoruba here have there own way of calling each house with their family) you should do more research If you don't understand a thing there ...
It was never used in Scripture to describe the entire House of Jacob. Nope! undecided

If you do not know what you are speaking of, it is best you stop talking completely. No person in all of Scripture made the mistake which you claim. This since the Jews were well aware of the existence of their brothers who lost their nation around 720BC because.of their disobedience to the God of Israel. Even the God of Israel is not called God of the Jews by any of His prophets for Good reason since He is instead God of all of Israel, not a subset. undecided
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 5:30am On Apr 18
Kobojunkie:
It was never used in Scripture to describe the entire House of Jacob. Nope! undecided

If you do not know what you are speaking of, it is best you stop talking completely. No person in all of Scripture made the mistake which you claim. This since the Jews were well aware of the existence of their brothers who lost their nation around 720BC because.of their disobedience to the God of Israel. Even the God of Israel is not called God of the Jews by any of His prophets for Good reason since He is instead God of all of Israel, not a subset. undecided
isreal was tag to the name of the Jacob initially not his family be guided..and Yehudi was given to the family as a family of Jacob..you better study from a great mind before you claimed what you don't know.. read on more Wikipedia, encyclopedia and Britannica for more explanation not what your pastor put in your head .
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Kobojunkie: 5:34am On Apr 18
Expanse2020:
isreal was tag to the name of the Jacob initially not his family be guided..and Yehudi was given to the family as a family of Jacob..you better study from a great mind before you claimed what you don't know.. read on more Wikipedia, encyclopedia and Britannica for more explanation not what your pastor put in your head .
So, in all of this what you are saying is that all of the Prophets of Israel, and later, the nation of Judah, including Jesus Christ and Moses got it all wrong. And Britannica is the standard as opposed to Scripture itself. undecided

Ok then! undecided
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 5:43am On Apr 18
Kobojunkie:
So, in all of this what you are saying is that all of the Prophets of Israel, and later, the nation of Judah, including Jesus Christ and Moses got it all wrong. And Britannica is the standard as opposed to Scripture itself. undecided

Ok then! undecided
Was Moses and Jesus wrote the bible 🤣😂😂
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Kobojunkie: 5:45am On Apr 18
Expanse2020:
∆ Was Moses and Jesus wrote the bible 🤣😂😂
Now your stickup is whether or not they wrote Scripture? Let me guess, Britannica did? undecided

I get it that what is recorded in Scripture does not matter to you in this, so I am choosing to opt out of the conversation as I would rather not waste my time. undecided
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 6:39am On Apr 18
Kobojunkie:
Now your stickup is whether or not they wrote Scripture? Let me guess, Britannica did? undecided

I get it that what is recorded in Scripture does not matter to you in this, so I am choosing to opt out of the conversation as I would rather not waste my time. undecided
I only asked did Moses or Jesus wrote that what I asked from u
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Aemmyjah(m): 9:01am On Apr 18
AbuTwins:
Abu vs Christian 1 and 2 Part 1

Christian 1- The Bible is wholly the word of God!

Abu - Which Bible?

Christian 2 - We have one Bible! Why do you ask which Bible?

Abu - No the Bible is not one. Apart from the fact that some Bible has 73 Books, others have 66 books, 82 books, 83 Books, etc. There are also KJV, RSV, NASB, ESV, CSB and many more!

Christian 1 - But they are all the same Bible. All scriptures are the same! This KJV i have with me will be the same in those other Bible translations you mentioned. The extra Books are what we termed Apocrypha! The main Protestant Bible has 66 Books with 27 Books of the new testament!

Abu - What does Apocrypha mean?

Christian 2 - Not Genuine! Obscure or something like that! So those books were rejected by the Church.

Abu - Do you think the KJV is entirely the same with the RSV or the ESV?

Christian 1 - All Bibles are meant to be the same since it is the word of God!
Christian 2 - More so the Bible says "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Abu - The Bible cannot talk. There must be someone writing your scripture. You can say Paul said that in the 2nd Book of Timothy 3:16.
So the Apocrypha is not scripture but some Christians agree to it as scripture? Why is there no consensus on what is scripture and what is not? When did your Church fix the Bible Books to be 66 Books and deem others Apocrypha?

Christian 2 - lipsrsealed
Christian 1 - I think around the 14 or 15th Century or so!

Abu - Who fixed the Bible to be 66 Books?

Christian 1 - I think it started from Martin Luther when the Protestants broke away from the Catholic Church!

Abu - The Protestants Protested and rioted? Let's talk about that later! Back to our KJV vs RSV!
Your claim is that they are the same. My claim is that they are not the same.

Can you google Bible hub Matthew 6:13 while your brethren open it up in his KJV?

Christian 2 - KJV: "For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."

Abu - In the RSV this part is omitted in many modern translations as it is not found in some of the earliest manuscripts.

Christian 1 - How is that possible? There must be a mistake.

Abu - There is no mistake. Let me quickly show you one more verse called "Johannine Comma" before I leave and that's 1 John 5:7-8

Christian 1: KJV: For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Abu - Look for that same verse in the RSV and you'll see that it is missing in modern translations as it is not found in early Greek manuscripts.

Christian 2 - I can't find it. There must be an explanation for the omission!

Abu - I have to leave for Salah! It is not an omission. It was deliberate. The KJV was translated from the Textus Receptus as its source document while the RSV used the Greek critical texts for the New testament! The former is a very much later manuscript than the later! And KJV is the most popular translation of the Bible. Hope you agree the Bible is not just one now?

Christian 1 and 2 - undecided lipsrsealed

Abu - Let's meet sometime later. I have to go now! Bye!

Wrong
What we have today is translations
It is the scriptures itself that is inspired and not any translation or Bible format

The original books or copies of the Bibles are not available but we have copies of copies which are very much available today.
King James is not the original Bible but one of the most popular known English Bible and examination of the manuscripts help us to see that there are several additions, subtractions too and many translations have removed.

The error of one translation does not invalidate the entire texts...
The Apocryphal were not added to the scriptures and rightly so... Their authors are unknown and they were written long after the death of the Apostles. How are they verifiable accounts?

AbuTwins
Is it reasonable for anyone to reject the account written by Jesus contemporaries about Jesus Christ, his role and what he did, but to believe that written by Muhammad who lived about 600 years later as accurate?
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Antiislaam(m): 9:06am On Apr 18
Expanse2020:

Pa Isaac married a 3years old girl Rebeka in the bible..... Stop screeming even a Jewish Rabi didn't argue the statement but a mofos from GenZ de argue here

Where is it written in Bible that Rebecca was 3yr old when Isaac married her?

You sha wan drag the useless lifestyle of your sugar daddy and pedophile messenger Muhammad inside the Bible abi
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Antiislaam(m): 9:09am On Apr 18
Expanse2020:

Odẹ everything is the Genesis open your bible

Serah died at the age of 127 .....check Genesis if I lie and Isaac was 37 at the age
Rebecca was born the same year Serah died
And Isaac was married at age of 40 according to genesis

Open your brain now
Between the age Sarah died and Isaac married was 3years interval

Sarah die the same year Rebecca was born and Isaac was said to married Rebecca shortly after her mother died
No be 3years be that... maybe you should pick up of bible and read through Genesis.. I know that how they had been fed lie to your forefather but the truth already in the bible

ABIRUN, you can't even stated the Chapter and Verse of that Genesis because you are lying. Stop drinking expired camel urine, it is turning your life to something miserable in nature
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Aemmyjah(m): 9:13am On Apr 18
Expanse2020:

Pa Isaac married a 3years old girl Rebeka in the bible..... Stop screeming even a Jewish Rabi didn't argue the statement but a mofos from GenZ de argue here

A 3 year old girl can fetch water for a group camels until they drank to their own fill?
Have you seen a camel drink water before?
I myself cannot do what Rachel did. I'll be completely worn out cos it's like fetching water for a community

If a mature man has sex with a 9 year old girl or claims to marry a 6 year old girl, to me it's madness
But someone that calls himself a prophet, haaaa
These days, whenever I see a 6 year old girl playing, I ask myself how a man more than double my age will be thinking sex and marriage. I shake my head
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 11:09am On Apr 18
Aemmyjah:

A 3 year old girl can fetch water for a group camels until they drank to their own fill?
Have you seen a camel drink water before?
I myself cannot do what Rachel did. I'll be completely worn out cos it's like fetching water for a community

If a mature man has sex with a 9 year old girl or claims to marry a 6 year old girl, to me it's madness
But someone that calls himself a prophet, haaaa
These days, whenever I see a 6 year old girl playing, I ask myself how a man more than double my age will be thinking sex and marriage. I shake my head
But according to the bible she was 3years old and Isaac was 40years when they consumate there marriage...and it's just like we you follow him or wait a little and she agree to follow.. why are you rumbling when an elder, a rabbi, ascholar didn't disagree to there custom.. you wet u no èven no anything concerning their tradition. De chuck mouth
Go sit down somewhere and learn
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 11:10am On Apr 18
Antiislaam:

ABIRUN, you can't even stated the Chapter and Verse of that Genesis because you are lying. Stop drinking expired camel urine, it is turning your life to something miserable in nature
Oponu go read your bible I gave you expo already
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Aemmyjah(m): 11:11am On Apr 18
Expanse2020:

But according to the bible she was 3years old and Isaac was 40years when they consumate there marriage...and it's just like we you follow him or wait a little and she agree to follow.. why are you rumbling when an elder, a rabbi, ascholar didn't disagree to there custom.. you wet u no èven no anything concerning their tradition. De chuck mouth
Go sit down somewhere and learn

Kindly quote the Bible verse that mentions her age
Educate me pls 🙏
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by gaskiyamagana: 12:58pm On Apr 18
Kobojunkie:
Every religion that associates itself in one way or another with the God of Israel and/or His Son Jesus Christ, happens to fall smack under that same indictment, I am afraid! lipsrsealed
With objectivity or subjectivity or partial and impartial reasoning and comparison from believers in Abrahamic Faith of atheists?
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Antiislaam(m): 1:04pm On Apr 18
Aemmyjah:

Kindly quote the Bible verse that mentions her age
Educate me pls 🙏

ABIRUN Expanse2020, same Question we are all asking from you but why is this difficult for you to answer since you said she was 3yr of age when Isaac married her
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Antiislaam(m): 1:07pm On Apr 18
Expanse2020:

Oponu go read your bible I gave you expo already

ASIARA OLOFO OMO ALE JATI-JATI, I've read my Bible even before you were born, show the Bible verse that affirmed she was 3yr of age and stop being so stupid and crazy here on NL
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Kobojunkie: 1:16pm On Apr 18
gaskiyamagana:
∆ With objectivity or subjectivity or partial and impartial reasoning and comparison from believers in Abrahamic Faith of atheists?
You feel the God of Israel and His Son, Jesus Christ, should have consulted first your various religious ideas out there and your religious leaders as well before declaring all religions to that attempt to use their names and mention for any cause as frauds? Wow....God should have consulted the opinions of men before making a decision. That is powerful talk right there coming from a human being who is merely a sheep under some other man's ideas called religion. undecided
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by FxMasterz: 5:59pm On Apr 18
Expanse2020:
Ok I guess those to left the chart later
🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Me as God looking for Adam on earth in the bible
God: Adam where are you why are you hidden for me
Adam: my God don't come near me I don't want you to see as an naked..
God: continue to walk and search for Adam on the earth he created for himself
The same God searching for just one or two people in the bible Is

The same God watching all of us that we are billions of billions of human being on the earth

Is this not confusing
Abu 👍

God knew where Adam was and knew Adam had sinned. He asked Adam that question in order to test his sincerity. That sincere answer "I hid because I was naked' was what made God to eventually help him cover his unclothedness.

When we open up our shortcomings to God and live a life devoid of hypocrisy, His mercy flows towards us to give us strength where we're weak.

The same thing happened in Number 22:9 when God visited
Balaam:

"God came to Balaam and asked, “Who are these men that are staying with you?” 10He answered, “King Balak of Moab has sent them to tell me 11that a people who came from Egypt has spread out over the whole land."

God knew who the visitors were but He asked Balaam to see if he'll answer the question hypocritically. His honest answers moved God to provide him instructions regarding those visitors.

In Acts 5, some people sold a piece of land and came to Peter to lie about the sales. They brought part of the sales but lied to Peter that they brought the whole money. Peter knew instantly that they lied, and the judgement of God immediately came upon the liars. Till today, there are men of God who have a very close walk with God. You can't lie in that presence, it's dangerous. How much more the Omniscient God.

Acts 5:1-10
[b]"1 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.

3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”

5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?”

“Yes,” she said, “that is the price.”

9 Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”

10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events."[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The No1 And Only Christain Forum / The Lenten Season Challenge / Ash Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.