Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same (653 Views)

Old Post That Warned Christians About Naira Marley's Kind Of Music / "Trinity" Verse (1 John 5:7) Missing In Most Modern Bible Translations. / Jesus Appears To Group Of 72 Christians About To Be Slaughtered By Boko Haram... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 9:30pm On Apr 18
FxMasterz:

God knew where Adam was and knew Adam had sinned. He asked Adam that question in order to test his sincerity. That sincere answer "I hid because I was naked' was what made God to eventually help him cover his unclothedness.

When we open up our shortcomings to God and live a life devoid of hypocrisy, His mercy flows towards us to give us strength where we're weak.

The same thing happened in Number 22:9 when God visited
Balaam:

"God came to Balaam and asked, “Who are these men that are staying with you?” 10He answered, “King Balak of Moab has sent them to tell me 11that a people who came from Egypt has spread out over the whole land."

God knew who the visitors were but He asked Balaam to see if he'll answer the question hypocritically. His honest answers moved God to provide him instructions regarding those visitors.

In Acts 5, some people sold a piece of land and came to Peter to lie about the sales. They brought part of the sales but lied to Peter that they brought the whole money. Peter knew instantly that they lied, and the judgement of God immediately came upon the liars. Till today, there are men of God who have a very close walk with God. You can't lie in that presence, it's dangerous. How much more the Omniscient God.

Acts 5:1-10
[b]"1 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.

3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”

5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?”

“Yes,” she said, “that is the price.”

9 Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”

10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events."[/b]
So your God but continue to asked that jamb questions too or
Ọgbẹnu tan
😂😂🤣🤣🤣
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by FxMasterz: 9:35pm On Apr 18
Expanse2020:
So your God but continue to asked that jamb questions too or
Ọgbẹnu tan
😂😂🤣🤣🤣

He does till today.

Meanwhile, Allah cannot talk, let alone ask questions. Tell us any other person who.heard Allah speak apart from Mohammed who blows his own trumpet.
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 7:12am On Apr 19
FxMasterz:

He does till today.

Meanwhile, Allah cannot talk, let alone ask questions. Tell us any other person who.heard Allah speak apart from Mohammed who blows his own trumpet.
I wonder when your God is talking in the bible
When he asked Adam where are
Who is your God talking to
Because Adam didn't wrote the bible
Moses didn't wrote the bible
Jesus didn't wrote the bible
Who is he following talk to
🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
God says😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 who is he talking to is it the dead people or Paul that wrote the books
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by FxMasterz: 7:29am On Apr 19
Expanse2020:

I wonder when your God is talking in the bible
When he asked Adam where are
Who is your God talking to
Because Adam didn't wrote the bible
Moses didn't wrote the bible
Jesus didn't wrote the bible
Who is he following talk to
🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
God says😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 who is he talking to is it the dead people or Paul that wrote the books

Deuteronomy 31:9
"So Moses wrote this law and delivered it to the priests, the sons of Levi, who bore the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and to all the elders of Israel."

Moses wrote from Genesis up to Deuteronomy 31. He then delivered the book to the Levites who completed the book after Moses climbed mount Nebo to die.

Allah couldn't speak to anyone. Only mohammed claimed to hear his imaginary Allah. No witness. No other person ever heard Allan. Allah can't talk. Mohammed lied. Fact!

Stop listening to lies. The devil is out there attacking the truth with many lies. Islam is just one of them. Do you know that when people are joining satanism, it is part of their initiation process to blaspheme Jesus and the Holy Spirit? Only after that are they recruited into satanism. The religion of the person does not matter, he must first blaspheme Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Why? Think about it.
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 8:06am On Apr 19
FxMasterz:

Deuteronomy 31:9
"So Moses wrote this law and delivered it to the priests, the sons of Levi, who bore the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and to all the elders of Israel."

Moses wrote from Genesis up to Deuteronomy 31. He then delivered the book to the Levites who completed the book after Moses climbed mount Nebo to die.

Allah couldn't speak to anyone. Only mohammed claimed to hear his imaginary Allah. No witness. No other person ever heard Allan. Allah can't talk. Mohammed lied. Fact!

Stop listening to lies. The devil is out there attacking the truth with many lies. Islam is just one of them. Do you know that when people are joining satanism, it is part of their initiation process to blaspheme Jesus and the Holy Spirit? Only after that are they recruited into satanism. The religion of the person does not matter, he must first blaspheme Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Why? Think about it.

The same duetoronomy where the Moses died in the bible was he written...
The same duetoronomy he died in the land of Moab and was buried there but nobody no who buried him
The same duetoronomy he died but God came down to take his remain and nobody no where Moses was buried till today
🤣🤣🤣🤣😂🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
So you said Moses wrote genesis where it's full of Abraham and his first to 4th generation...did Moses meet Abraham alive to interview him directly to wrote about him
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by FxMasterz: 8:14am On Apr 19
Expanse2020:

The same duetoronomy where the Moses died in the bible was he written...
The same duetoronomy he died in the land of Moab and was buried there but nobody no who buried him
The same duetoronomy he died but God came down to take his remain and nobody no where Moses was buried till today
🤣🤣🤣🤣😂🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
So you said Moses wrote genesis where it's full of Abraham and his first to 4th generation...did Moses meet Abraham alive to interview him directly to wrote about him

You read what I wrote isn't it? Remove your Islamic biases and go back to read again.

I repeat. Moses wrote from Genesis to Deuteronomy 31 before handling over to the Levites. The Levites completed the rest of the book to tell us how Moses died.

Moses wrote by divine revelation. Everything he wrote in Genesis were revelations, some of which were copied into the Quran with some accounts even corrupted.

I know you'll never see that because Islam is a serious blockade for truth. Keep deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 9:16am On Apr 19
FxMasterz:

You read what I wrote isn't it? Remove your Islamic biases and go back to read again.

I repeat. Moses wrote from Genesis to Deuteronomy 31 before handling over to the Levites. The Levites completed the rest of the book to tell us how Moses died.

Moses wrote by divine revelation. Everything he wrote in Genesis were revelations, some of which were copied into the Quran with some accounts even corrupted.

I know you'll never see that because Islam is a serious blockade for truth. Keep deceiving yourself.
Ehen shows us where were copied in the Quran oooo
So Levites were the people who said Moses was died in the Moab and buried there and they are
They are also that said he was died but God came down to pick him up himself..
I asked you did Moses meet Abraham and his third generation before he wrote the conversation between Adam and God
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by FxMasterz: 9:46am On Apr 19
Expanse2020:

Ehen shows us where were copied in the Quran oooo
So Levites were the people who said Moses was died in the Moab and buried there and they are
They are also that said he was died but God came down to pick him up himself..
I asked you did Moses meet Abraham and his third generation before he wrote the conversation between Adam and God

Can you quote where the Levites wrote that God came to pick Moses up Himself?

You know, in Islam, they're no revelation, so I wouldn't blame you for not understanding what revelation is.

Even today, there are prophets that can see you and God would show them your entire past life in an open vision as if they're watching a television screen.

If you can get to Ibadan, there's a prophet called Jide Orire. If you meet him, he can narrate a dream you had many years ago which you yourself might have forgotten about.

This is what the Bible says about Moses:

Exodus 33:11

"Inside the Tent of Meeting, the LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Afterward Moses would return to the camp, but the young man who assisted him, Joshua son of Nun, would remain behind in the Tent of Meeting.'

God narrated the past events He wants the world to know about unto Moses.

1 Like

Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 12:24pm On Apr 19
FxMasterz:

Can you quote where the Levites wrote that God came to pick Moses up Himself?

You know, in Islam, they're no revelation, so I wouldn't blame you for not understanding what revelation is.

Even today, there are prophets that can see you and God would show them your entire past life in an open vision as if they're watching a television screen.

If you can get to Ibadan, there's a prophet called Jide Orire. If you meet him, he can narrate a dream you had many years ago which you yourself might have forgotten about.

This is what the Bible says about Moses:

Exodus 33:11

"Inside the Tent of Meeting, the LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Afterward Moses would return to the camp, but the young man who assisted him, Joshua son of Nun, would remain behind in the Tent of Meeting.'

God narrated the past events He wants the world to know about unto Moses.
I taught you know bible Sha

DEUTERONOMY 34 5:6
The Death of Moses
5So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD. 6And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Beth-peor: [/b]but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day

[b][So God pick his remains up and buried him secretly 😂😂🤣🤣🤣 and they claimed no one knows the place till today.. in the same verse he was buried in the valley in Moab against or across beth-peor......

Another verse claimed when he died arch angel and devil are fighting each other on whose to claimed the body

Toor bible no go kill us...
My main question is who is there and who saw the God when he came down to buried him
To know that it's God that buried him

But even Michael, one of the mightiest of the angels, did not dare accuse the devil of blasphemy, but simply said, 'The Lord rebuke you!' (This took place when Michael was arguing with the devil about Moses’ body.)
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by FxMasterz: 1:07pm On Apr 19
Expanse2020:

I taught you know bible Sha

DEUTERONOMY 34 5:6
The Death of Moses
5So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD. 6And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Beth-peor: [/b]but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day

[b][So God pick his remains up and buried him secretly 😂😂🤣🤣🤣 and they claimed no one knows the place till today.. in the same verse he was buried in the valley in Moab against or across beth-peor......

Another verse claimed when he died arch angel and devil are fighting each other on whose to claimed the body

Toor bible no go kill us...
My main question is who is there and who saw the God when he came down to buried him
To know that it's God that buried him

But even Michael, one of the mightiest of the angels, did not dare accuse the devil of blasphemy, but simply said, 'The Lord rebuke you!' (This took place when Michael was arguing with the devil about Moses’ body.)

You said God picked him up, and now you want to be playing smart using falsehood. God buried him. God didn't pick him up. Come on. If you've said God picked him up for burial, it would have been a bit accepted, but you said categorically that God picks him up. Why do you guys love lies?

Michael is not God okay. Michael is an angel.

Your question is unnecessary. Moses was a servant of God, and after he climbed the mountain to die, it is reasonable for the people to climb up after him to bring him down for burial. As they couldn't find his remains anywhere on the mountain, the people could logically conclude that God buried him. God could also reveal it to a priest among them that He had buried him.
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by TenQ: 2:47pm On Apr 19
AbuTwins:
Abu vs Christian 1 and 2 Part 1

Christian 1- The Bible is wholly the word of God!

Abu - Which Bible?

Christian 2 - We have one Bible! Why do you ask which Bible?

Abu - No the Bible is not one. Apart from the fact that some Bible has 73 Books, others have 66 books, 82 books, 83 Books, etc. There are also KJV, RSV, NASB, ESV, CSB and many more!

Christian 1 - But they are all the same Bible. All scriptures are the same! This KJV i have with me will be the same in those other Bible translations you mentioned. The extra Books are what we termed Apocrypha! The main Protestant Bible has 66 Books with 27 Books of the new testament!

Abu - What does Apocrypha mean?

Christian 2 - Not Genuine! Obscure or something like that! So those books were rejected by the Church.

Abu - Do you think the KJV is entirely the same with the RSV or the ESV?

Christian 1 - All Bibles are meant to be the same since it is the word of God!
Christian 2 - More so the Bible says "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Abu - The Bible cannot talk. There must be someone writing your scripture. You can say Paul said that in the 2nd Book of Timothy 3:16.
So the Apocrypha is not scripture but some Christians agree to it as scripture? Why is there no consensus on what is scripture and what is not? When did your Church fix the Bible Books to be 66 Books and deem others Apocrypha?

Christian 2 - lipsrsealed
Christian 1 - I think around the 14 or 15th Century or so!

Abu - Who fixed the Bible to be 66 Books?

Christian 1 - I think it started from Martin Luther when the Protestants broke away from the Catholic Church!

Abu - The Protestants Protested and rioted? Let's talk about that later! Back to our KJV vs RSV!
Your claim is that they are the same. My claim is that they are not the same.

Can you google Bible hub Matthew 6:13 while your brethren open it up in his KJV?

Christian 2 - KJV: "For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."

Abu - In the RSV this part is omitted in many modern translations as it is not found in some of the earliest manuscripts.

Christian 1 - How is that possible? There must be a mistake.

Abu - There is no mistake. Let me quickly show you one more verse called "Johannine Comma" before I leave and that's 1 John 5:7-8

Christian 1: KJV: For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Abu - Look for that same verse in the RSV and you'll see that it is missing in modern translations as it is not found in early Greek manuscripts.

Christian 2 - I can't find it. There must be an explanation for the omission!

Abu - I have to leave for Salah! It is not an omission. It was deliberate. The KJV was translated from the Textus Receptus as its source document while the RSV used the Greek critical texts for the New testament! The former is a very much later manuscript than the later! And KJV is the most popular translation of the Bible. Hope you agree the Bible is not just one now?

Christian 1 and 2 - undecided lipsrsealed

Abu - Let's meet sometime later. I have to go now! Bye!
As if Quran translations are the same!
Many will translate obvious lies not in Arabic

Example:

Quran 19:71
وَإِن مِّنكُمۡ إِلَّا وَارِدُهَاۚ كَانَ عَلَىٰ رَبِّكَ حَتۡمٗا مَّقۡضِيّٗا
There is not one of you who will not go down to it (the fire), that is a fixed Decree of your Lord

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
And there is none of you except he will come to it. This is upon your Lord an inevitability decreed.
YUSUF ALI
Not one of you but will pass over it: this is, with thy Lord, a Decree which must be accomplished.
ABUL ALA MAUDUDI
There is not one of you but shall pass by Hell. This is a decree which your Lord will fulfil.
MUHSIN KHAN
There is not one of you but will pass over it (Hell); this is with your Lord; a Decree which must be accomplished.
PICKTHALL
There is not one of you but shall approach it. That is a fixed ordinance of thy Lord.
DR. GHALI
And decidedly not one of you (there is), except that he will go (herded) down to it; that, for your Lord, has been a thing decreed, a must.
ABDEL HALEEM
but every single one of you will approach it, a decree from your Lord which must be fulfilled.

All of them hiding the fact that Muslims will ALL enter Hell Fire as a necessity from Allah!
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 3:14pm On Apr 19
FxMasterz:

You said God picked him up, and now you want to be playing smart using falsehood. God buried him. God didn't pick him up. Come on. If you've said God picked him up for burial, it would have been a bit accepted, but you said categorically that God picks him up. Why do you guys love lies?

Michael is not God okay. Michael is an angel.

Your question is unnecessary. Moses was a servant of God, and after he climbed the mountain to die, it is reasonable for the people to climb up after him to bring him down for burial. As they couldn't find his remains anywhere on the mountain, the people could logically conclude that God buried him. God could also reveal it to a priest among them that He had buried him.

Aaaahhh
Who did God told among them that he was the one who buried him
Can you see the assumption from you and the bible to lie to several billions of people

Who is there to confirm it that the God buried him
Who witness it that arch angel and devil are fighting for the corpse
Who are the witness

Jesus said nobody have ever seen God, hear him voice, see his appearance but here you are defending lies.....
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by FxMasterz: 4:22pm On Apr 19
Expanse2020:

Aaaahhh
Who did God told among them that he was the one who buried him
Can you see the assumption from you and the bible to lie to several billions of people

Who is there to confirm it that the God buried him
Who witness it that arch angel and devil are fighting for the corpse
Who are the witness

Jesus said nobody have ever seen God, hear him voice, see his appearance but here you are defending lies.....

Who was there when Allah or Jubril spoke to Mohammed? Who was there to confirm it that Jubril spoke to Mohammed? Can you see the assumption from you and your Quran to lie to several billions of people who have died serving a fake god?

Where did Jesus say nobody has ever heard God's voice?

Those who wrote the remaining parts of the book of Deuteronomy were not one person but many - Levites. The Levites are Priests for your information. They wrote and Joshua confirmed, being the leader God raised for the nation after Moses.

Kindly tell me why Mohammed endorsed the Torah if what was written inside it are lies as you claimed?

We believe God buried Moses as the Bible says. His body wasn't found till today. The Bible itself is a book of revelation. Those who said God buried him said it because they KNEW God buried him. They may not tell us how they knew but we know that their testimonies are true.
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 4:35pm On Apr 19
FxMasterz:

Who was there when Allah or Jubril spoke to Mohammed? Who was there to confirm it that Jubril spoke to Mohammed? Can you see the assumption from you and your Quran to lie to several billions of people who have died serving a fake god?

Where did Jesus say nobody has ever heard God's voice?

Those who wrote the remaining parts of the book of Deuteronomy were not one person but many - Levites. The Levites are Priests for your information. They wrote and Joshua confirmed, being the leader God raised for the nation after Moses.

Kindly tell me why Mohammed endorsed the Torah if what was written inside it are lies as you claimed?
Whenever Jubril A.S. bring verses to prophet Muhammad S.A.W. there is always one or to people beside or infront of him to pass the message across them..

We believe God buried Moses as the Bible says. His body wasn't found till today. The Bible itself is a book of revelation. Those who said God buried him said it because they KNEW God buried him. They may not tell us how they knew but we know that their testimonies are true.
Can you here yourself they may not tell you because there testimony is through... They didn't see him and they conclude that the God buried him...joke of the century 🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣 they just assumed

John 5: And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen, this is what Jesus himself said to nullify your claimed, John claimed and Deuteronomy lies being fed to your Brain
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by FxMasterz: 4:56pm On Apr 19
Expanse2020:
Can you here yourself they may not tell you because there testimony is through... They didn't see him and they conclude that the God buried him...joke of the century 🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣 they just assumed

John 5: And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen, this is what Jesus himself said to nullify your claimed, John claimed and Deuteronomy lies being fed to your Brain

Jesus was telling the Pharisees that they have never heard the voice of God. He didn't say no one has ever heard the voice of God. Stop falsifying what Jesus said. Many people in the Bible heard the voice of God before and after Jesus came. God's voice is still being heard today.

Did I say they may not tell us because their testimony is true? Please go back and read what I said slowly. Stop saying what I did not say.

Keep deluding yourself with the words of a fake prophet called Mohammed. May God bless mercy on your soul.
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 5:03pm On Apr 19
FxMasterz:

Jesus was telling the Pharisees that they have never heard the voice of God. He didn't say no one has ever heard the voice of God. Stop falsifying what Jesus said. Many people in the Bible heard the voice of God before and after Jesus came. God's voice is still being heard today.

Did I say they may not tell us because their testimony is true? Please go back and read what I said slowly. Stop saying what I did not say.

Keep deluding yourself with the words of a fake prophet called Mohammed. May God bless mercy on your soul.

Since you too have heard the voice of God let us here how the voice sweet to hear ooo
Show us those people who heard the voice of God...I have made a claimed by what Jesu said in the bible and note the Jesus didn't said pharisees people you haven't heard the voice of God rather he used the general word You for all and sundry that never God voice haven't been heard
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by FxMasterz: 5:10pm On Apr 19
Expanse2020:

Since you too have heard the voice of God let us here how the voice sweet to hear ooo
Show us those people who heard the voice of God...I have made a claimed by what Jesu said in the bible and note the Jesus didn't said pharisees people you haven't heard the voice of God rather he used the general word You for all and sundry that never God voice haven't been heard

Did he say "no one has ever heard God"?

He was talking to some people. Go and read the full passage and stop being a nuisance.

There are thousands of incidences in the Bible, both old and new testament where the voice of God was heard.

There's a place in John 12:27-32

"27 “Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name!”

Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.” 29 The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.

30 Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine. 31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32 And I, when I am lifted up[g] from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” 33 He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die
"
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 5:35pm On Apr 19
FxMasterz:

He was talking to some people. Go and read the full passage and stop being a nuisance.

There are thousands of incidences in the Bible, both old and new testament where the voice of God was heard.

"27 “Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name!”

Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.” 29 The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.

30 Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine. 31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32 And I, when I am lifted up[g] from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” 33 He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die
"
Can you heard yourself when people they argue there whether is God voice or Angel and some say his voice was like thunder how did they understand the sound of thunder to be voice 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by FxMasterz: 5:40pm On Apr 19
Expanse2020:

Can you heard yourself when people they argue there whether is God voice or Angel and some say his voice was like thunder how did they understand the sound of thunder to be voice 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What was Jesus' response?

I understand that spiritual blindness cannot allow you see that it was God Jesus was speaking to, and it was God who replied Him, and the people heard the reply. Those who heard it like thunder make us know that Gods voice in thunderous. Psalm 89:3 describes God's voice:

"The voice of the LORD is over the waters;
The God of glory thunders;"
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 8:59pm On Apr 19
FxMasterz:

What was Jesus' response?

I understand that spiritual blindness cannot allow you see that it was God Jesus was speaking to, and it was God who replied Him, and the people heard the reply. Those who heard it like thunder make us know that Gods voice in thunderous. Psalm 89:3 describes God's voice:

"The voice of the LORD is over the waters;
The God of glory thunders;"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 ehen so those tinder we they see up and down in the clouds could your God speaking
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 9:30pm On Apr 19
FxMasterz:

"
The soul is trouble be bawo no be the purpose the bible he came for why bros j de beg he no won die🤣🤣🤣, baba de beg on top 3by4 wood... I taught he is God please am confused here...
Who is your God begging here again🤣🤣🤣🤣
S
People even confused from God voice to angel voice🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂 some said na angel voice and some say na thunder 😂🤣🤣🤣🤣
Kiriyo àti irọ
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by FxMasterz: 8:39am On Apr 20
Expanse2020:
The soul is trouble be bawo no be the purpose the bible he came for why bros j de beg he no won die🤣🤣🤣, baba de beg on top 3by4 wood... I taught he is God please am confused here...
Who is your God begging here again🤣🤣🤣🤣
S
People even confused from God voice to angel voice🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂 some said na angel voice and some say na thunder 😂🤣🤣🤣🤣
Kiriyo àti irọ

It seems you're deliberately antagonizing your own soul. Keep it up.

If people are confused about whose voice they heard, whether it was that of an angel or God, is their confusion your confusion too? Jesus was conversing with God, and God replied Him openly, and the people heard it. Whatever they made of the voice does not negate the fact that Jesus was conversing with the Father and the Father replied.

If your dad speaks to you and I hear his voice like that of an angel or thunder, does that mean that you father never speaks to you? May God open your ears and eyes.

The Father and the Son are one but while Jesus was on earth, He was dependent on the Father and on the Holy Ghost as a man. May God give you understanding.
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by FxMasterz: 8:44am On Apr 20
Expanse2020:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 ehen so those tinder we they see up and down in the clouds could your God speaking

Who told you that thunder is God speaking? Do you need to go back to school?

If I speak to you with a thunderous voice, does that mean I'm the one who speaks whenever you hear thunder claps? Why are you asking such a childish question? Because you want to mock? You're mocking to the detriment of your own soul.

Your salvation has been provided through the sacrifices Jesus made on the cross. You might accept or reject it. But know for sure that Jesus sacrificed Himself for you so that you can have eternal life with God. No man would see God without being washed by the blood of Christ.
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 9:46am On Apr 20
FxMasterz:

Who told you that thunder is God speaking? Do you need to go back to school?

If I speak to you with a thunderous voice, does that mean I'm the one who speaks whenever you hear thunder claps? Why are you asking such a childish question? Because you want to mock? You're mocking to the detriment of your own soul.

Your salvation has been provided through the sacrifices Jesus made on the cross. You might accept or reject it. But know for sure that Jesus sacrificed Himself for you so that you can have eternal life with God. No man would see God without being washed by the blood of Christ.
Which salvation are you talking about when bible said no one can die for another person sin....
And whoever they nail on the cross is a cursed person
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Sey whinny ni yen
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Expanse2020(m): 9:51am On Apr 20
FxMasterz:

It seems you're deliberately antagonizing your own soul. Keep it up.

If people are confused about whose voice they heard, whether it was that of an angel or God, is their confusion your confusion too? Jesus was conversing with God, and God replied Him openly, and the people heard it. Whatever they made of the voice does not negate the fact that Jesus was conversing with the Father and the Father replied.

If your dad speaks to you and I hear his voice like that of an angel or thunder, does that mean that you father never speaks to you? May God open your ears and eyes.

The Father and the Son are one but while Jesus was on earth, He was dependent on the Father and on the Holy Ghost as a man. May God give you understanding.

Yoruba adage said one man cannot stand as two people.....
Abeggiii everyone one get his own Soul stop that lie fed into your brain..... Worship true one God
Jesus is a servant just like me to his master the creator, he didn't call himself God stop feedings ur soul a lie
He respected his maker he can't do anything except by the permission of our maker, abeg rest
If he know he will die on the cross why is it beggining his soul, Abi na spirit to stop the crucifixion...🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by AbuTwins: 10:38am On Apr 20
TenQ:

As if Quran translations are the same!
Many will translate obvious lies not in Arabic

Example:

Quran 19:71
وَإِن مِّنكُمۡ إِلَّا وَارِدُهَاۚ كَانَ عَلَىٰ رَبِّكَ حَتۡمٗا مَّقۡضِيّٗا
There is not one of you who will not go down to it (the fire), that is a fixed Decree of your Lord

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
And there is none of you except he will come to it. This is upon your Lord an inevitability decreed.
YUSUF ALI
Not one of you but will pass over it: this is, with thy Lord, a Decree which must be accomplished.
ABUL ALA MAUDUDI
There is not one of you but shall pass by Hell. This is a decree which your Lord will fulfil.
MUHSIN KHAN
There is not one of you but will pass over it (Hell); this is with your Lord; a Decree which must be accomplished.
PICKTHALL
There is not one of you but shall approach it. That is a fixed ordinance of thy Lord.
DR. GHALI
And decidedly not one of you (there is), except that he will go (herded) down to it; that, for your Lord, has been a thing decreed, a must.
ABDEL HALEEM
but every single one of you will approach it, a decree from your Lord which must be fulfilled.

All of them hiding the fact that Muslims will ALL enter Hell Fire as a necessity from Allah!

I am not here to discuss the Qur'an! You have been creating your threads on that!
If you can't discuss the OP!
Do get out or I'll report to the mod as regards rule 1 and rule 2 for any of your abuse!
I no get time to waste on diversion!
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by AbuTwins: 10:54am On Apr 20
Aemmyjah:

Wrong
Be clear! What exactly is wrong?

What we have today is translations
It is the scriptures itself that is inspired and not any translation or Bible format

The original books or copies of the Bibles are not available but we have copies of copies which are very much available today.
King James is not the original Bible but one of the most popular known English Bible and examination of the manuscripts help us to see that there are several additions, subtractions too and many translations have removed.

The error of one translation does not invalidate the entire texts...
The Apocryphal were not added to the scriptures and rightly so... Their authors are unknown and they were written long after the death of the Apostles. How are they verifiable accounts?

When the originals of a document is lost and the earliest copies of copies of the New Testament available are from mid 4th-5th Centuries?
That's how many years after Jesus?

AbuTwins
Is it reasonable for anyone to reject the account written by Jesus contemporaries about Jesus Christ, his role and what he did, but to believe that written by Muhammad who lived about 600 years later as accurate?
As much as possible i don't entertain derailing my thread. You can create your thread on any Islamic clarification you need and i will oblige you when I have time. And if you become abusive I'll either report you or leave you alone!

1. How sure are you that any of Jesus's contemporaries wrote any of the codex?
2. The Qur'an has been proven to be memorized by millions up till today! So Preservation is easy from generation to generation! This can't be said of the Bible!

Codex Sinaiticus: Dated to the mid-4th century, it contains the full New Testament along with parts of the Old Testament.
Codex Vaticanus: Also from the 4th century, it includes most of the New Testament.
Codex Alexandrinus: From the 5th century, it contains the entire New Testament.
Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus: From the 5th century, it contains parts of the New Testament that had been overwritten by the writings of St. Ephrem.
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by SIRTee15: 10:57am On Apr 20
AbuTwins:
Abu vs Christian 1 and 2 Part 1

Christian 1- The Bible is wholly the word of God!

Abu - Which Bible?

Christian 2 - We have one Bible! Why do you ask which Bible?

Abu - No the Bible is not one. Apart from the fact that some Bible has 73 Books, others have 66 books, 82 books, 83 Books, etc. There are also KJV, RSV, NASB, ESV, CSB and many more!

Christian 1 - But they are all the same Bible. All scriptures are the same! This KJV i have with me will be the same in those other Bible translations you mentioned. The extra Books are what we termed Apocrypha! The main Protestant Bible has 66 Books with 27 Books of the new testament!

Abu - What does Apocrypha mean?

Christian 2 - Not Genuine! Obscure or something like that! So those books were rejected by the Church.

Abu - Do you think the KJV is entirely the same with the RSV or the ESV?

Christian 1 - All Bibles are meant to be the same since it is the word of God!
Christian 2 - More so the Bible says "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Abu - The Bible cannot talk. There must be someone writing your scripture. You can say Paul said that in the 2nd Book of Timothy 3:16.
So the Apocrypha is not scripture but some Christians agree to it as scripture? Why is there no consensus on what is scripture and what is not? When did your Church fix the Bible Books to be 66 Books and deem others Apocrypha?

Christian 2 - lipsrsealed
Christian 1 - I think around the 14 or 15th Century or so!

Abu - Who fixed the Bible to be 66 Books?

Christian 1 - I think it started from Martin Luther when the Protestants broke away from the Catholic Church!

Abu - The Protestants Protested and rioted? Let's talk about that later! Back to our KJV vs RSV!
Your claim is that they are the same. My claim is that they are not the same.

Can you google Bible hub Matthew 6:13 while your brethren open it up in his KJV?

Christian 2 - KJV: "For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."

Abu - In the RSV this part is omitted in many modern translations as it is not found in some of the earliest manuscripts.

Christian 1 - How is that possible? There must be a mistake.

Abu - There is no mistake. Let me quickly show you one more verse called "Johannine Comma" before I leave and that's 1 John 5:7-8

Christian 1: KJV: For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Abu - Look for that same verse in the RSV and you'll see that it is missing in modern translations as it is not found in early Greek manuscripts.

Christian 2 - I can't find it. There must be an explanation for the omission!

Abu - I have to leave for Salah! It is not an omission. It was deliberate. The KJV was translated from the Textus Receptus as its source document while the RSV used the Greek critical texts for the New testament! The former is a very much later manuscript than the later! And KJV is the most popular translation of the Bible. Hope you agree the Bible is not just one now?

Christian 1 and 2 - undecided lipsrsealed

Abu - Let's meet sometime later. I have to go now! Bye!

The problem is uthman burnt the different translation of Koran that existed b4 he became caliphate and approved only that compiled by Zaid.
Uthman even burnt the Koran compiled by people Muhammed said are the best of reciters.
Ibn mosood refused to accept the uthmanic codice U people have today. He continued to recite his own Koran until his death. The most interesting things is in mosood used to teach and remind Muhammed the Koran. Muhammed praises him as one of the best reciters and told people should learn from ibn mosood. When he died, his Koran was burnt.

If we Christians had done what uthman did to the different Korans with our manuscripts. Imagine if king James had ordered all bibles and old testament manuscripts to be burnt after the production of KJV bible.
Tell me how will U know about the johanine comma...U tell me.
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by Aemmyjah(m): 11:00am On Apr 20
AbuTwins:

When the originals of a document is lost and the earliest copies of copies of the New Testament available are from mid 4th-5th Centuries?

As much as possible i don't entertain derailing my thread. You can create your thread on any Islamic clarification you need and i will oblige you when I have time. And if you become abusive I'll either report you or leave you alone!

2. The Qur'an has been proven to be memorized by millions up till today! So Preservation is easy from generation to generation! This can't be said of the Bible!

Codex Sinaiticus: Dated to the mid-4th century, it contains the full New Testament along with parts of the Old Testament.
Codex Vaticanus: Also from the 4th century, it includes most of the New Testament.
Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus: From the 5th century, it contains parts of the New Testament that had been overwritten by the writings of St. Ephrem.

Well,
Does that invalidate what we have in the scriptures?
Bring the manuscripts together, you'll know where the addition and distortions come from

What about your Koran that was burned with fire?
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by SIRTee15: 11:23am On Apr 20
AbuTwins:

Its a big lie that the Koran is well preserved either written or memory.

Even Muhammed's companions disagreed on the verses of the Koran, that's why uthman was forced to unify the koran.

The verse of son of Adam and seven valleys used to be recited during the time of Muhammed but has disappeared from the koran.

The verse of female breastfeeding and stoning of women used to recited during the time Muhammed and even enacted as punishment but it's lost and no longer in the Koran.
Aisha said a goat came into the house and ate the paper it was written on.

Abdullah bin 'Umar reportedly said: "Let none of you say, 'I have memorised the whole of the Qur'an.' How does he know what all of it is? Much of the Qur'an is lost. Let him say instead, 'I have memorised what's left of the Qur'an.'" (Jalal ad-Deen as-Suyuti, al-Itiqan fee 'Uloom al-Qur'an, Cairo: al-Halabi, 1935, vol. 2, p. 25)

Ibn Abbas reported ... [Umar said] Allah sent Muhammad (saw) with the Truth and revealed the Holy Book to him, and among what Allah revealed, was the verse of the Rajam (stoning for adultery) and we did recite this verse and understood and memorized it. Allah's Apostle did carry out the punishment of stoning and so did we after him. I am afraid that after a long time has passed, somebody will say, "By Allah, we do not find the verse of the Rajam in Allah's Book" (Sahih al-Bukhari 6830; vol 8, bk 82, no 817)

Now the question is where is the verse of stoning for adultery in today's Koran?
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by FxMasterz: 11:25am On Apr 20
Expanse2020:

Abeggiii everyone one get his own Soul stop that lie fed into your brain..... Worship true one God
Jesus is a servant just like me to his master the creator, he didn't call himself God stop feedings ur soul a lie
He respected his maker he can't do anything except by the permission of our maker, abeg rest
If he know he will die on the cross why is it beggining his soul, Abi na spirit to stop the crucifixion...🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣

Yoruba adage says ONE MAN CANNOT STAND AS TWO PEOPLE. That can apply to Allah who is limited by man's limitations. What man cannot do, Allah can also not do.

God wanted to help man, and the only way He could help man was to come among men. Anyone who sees God would die. Hence God has to take human form to execute His plan of salvation to help man.

Jesus was just a mere messanger like you, yet He gave life to birds of clay according to your Quran. If you said Allah permitted it, how many people has Allah permitted such for? Not even your mohammed. Think now. Think my friend. If someone is deceiving you, should you deceive yourself?

Jesus is a mere human like you, yet He is the only one who never had a human father to impregnate His mother even according to your Quran. How many people on earth have ever been born that way? If you say it was the will of Allah? Why did Allah do it. Why did Allah make one man without a human father? Ask questions now?

Jesus is human like you yet He is the one who never died according to your Quran, and He is coming back to the world to judge mankind:

The Hadith of Abu Hurariah (Sahih Bukhari 4:55:657) says,

“… surely (Jesus), the son of Mary will soon descend amongst you and will judge mankind…”

Why would Jesus judge the world if He too was a man like you? Is God not supposed to be the judge? The Judge of the world is God, and that God is Jesus Christ. Or tell me why Jesus would judge the world if He's human like you.

Jesus is human like you, yet mohammed is dead while Jesus is still alive today. Why?

If you're being deceived, should you deceive yourself? Remove the Islamic bias from your mind and search the truth for yourself. I was once a Muslim. My father became a Christian and I became a Christian too. But at a point in time, I sat down to see if my father's religion was the truth or Islam. My Christianity today is not because my father became a Christian but because I encountered Jesus. There was a time I was nether Christian nor Muslim because I was searching for truth.

Why should only Jesus be the only one born of the Word of Allah and of the Spirit of Allah? Why the special treatment if He was meant to be as ordinary as any other person? Ask questions and be wise. What is the essence of being born by Word and Spirit without a human father only to be as ordinary as Expanse2020? Why would Allah do all that just to make someone who is as ordinary as any other person?

If someone is deceiving you, don't deceive yourself. God has the ability to be God and man at the same time. Humans cannot do it, that does not mean it's impossible for God too.

Jesus is human like you, yet He is the only one recorded in the Bible and Quran to be sinless and extremely righteous? Why?

Why all these unusual qualities for only one man? Think my friend.
Re: Abu Chats With Two Christians about Bible translations not being the same by SIRTee15: 11:26am On Apr 20
Expanse2020:

Tell me what did Qur'an say Muslims should do if Allah truly has a son?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Letter To A Bishop / Would U Allow A Gay Priest 2 Conjugate Ur Union Considering D Fact Dat It's D Happiest Day Of Ur Lif / God Still Long For Your Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.