Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. (27452 Views)

Private School Teachers Are Currently Benefiting From The Closure Of Schools. / How Private School Teachers Work / School Teachers Shocked At What They Found Under Student's Cardigan (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by Villa12(m): 7:21pm On Apr 16
Tranquility2345:

See this hopeless space booker.
the guy na animal

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by philos(m): 7:23pm On Apr 16
WhiteWood:
The Nigerian school teachers/private School teachers are not going through anything -- I love that our younger generation are beginning to stand up for themselves. Those who should be teaching us good manners by setting an example and through diplomacy have oppressed Nigerian children for too long/many years, undermining their confidence. This is the primary reason why Nigerian youths today are unaware of their rights and, consequently, idolize their oppressors.

Hats off to our younger generation -- they are educating themselves about their rights via the internet. In a rational society, that teacher should be suspended for directly confronting the child instead of reporting the matter to the school's disciplinary authority. The teacher is not the child's parent.

Many of you advocating for this boy's punishment are the same individuals who spend their entire day on the internet lamenting about our government and our failed nation. However, you seem to forget that only children who are nurtured with love and set a positive example grow up with the confidence to effect change. These children do not grow up worshipping individuals simply because some FOOLS believe it is their right for the younger generation to worship them.

This is absolutely stewpeed!

5 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by kingmsookwagh(m): 7:26pm On Apr 16
MaziX:
Customer is always right
is that how far your brains can carry you??
Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by Truvelisback(m): 7:28pm On Apr 16
Divinediva2:

Your talking trash,you dont know what you are talking about, government school students that easily stab a teacher,that even beat up teachers you are hear busy talking rubbish
What trash are you talking about? You can arrest a public school student for misconduct but you can't do the same to a private School student. Can you? The discipline in public schools is stricter than private Schools. In a public school you could be expel for mere fighting. Can that happen in private Schools? I have attended a public school where two junior students were expelled because they in the school. The principal was very strict and she doesn't take nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by sunsweet33: 7:28pm On Apr 16
That is one thing, the other one is the detestable state of Textbooks that children are being forced to buy, see them riddled with horrible errors and fallacies.

sometimes they were even written by the headmaster of that same school which is even more worrying.

After they will ask why a law graduate speaks bad English. Was the bad English not supplied by the school in the first place?

Textbooks should be published according to the curriculum by respectable companies like in other countries and not used as a ploy to extort parents.

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by WhiteWood: 7:32pm On Apr 16
MajorOvakporaye:

You need brain transplant

I feel so sorry for you - E get why
Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by YourKarma: 7:34pm On Apr 16
This is one reason I always respect the secondary school I attended. It was a private school, a Catholic school. Any student who misbehaved and got punished and the parents came to school go make noise, our principal will rubbish you, walk you out of the school and suspend the student

4 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:36pm On Apr 16
Nazgul:
I don't subscribe to flogging of students because most teachers abuse such privilege. Some male teachers target female students who don't agree to their advances for flogging. It's becomes a case of if you fall into my trap, I'll deal with you.

Others just hate some students for no reason. Thus taking out their frustrations on the innocent child.

I witnessed first hand of how teachers flog students during my NYSC and I can tell you that it's pure wickedness and has absolutely nothing to do with discipline. Because flogging reduces the self esteem of some kids. It makes them timid and in most cases vulnerable to abuse (sexual inclusive). Some even avoid going to school because of this. They would leave their homes and go somewhere else just to avoid these wicked teachers.

When you see the way some of these frustrated teachers flog their students over unnecessary things, you'll understand why most parents after paying so much money to the school management take necessary steps to ensure that their kids are not turned to animals.

I'm against kids being rude to adults, but as a teacher once you know the kind of kids you're dealing with, just focus on your lectures and let them be. As long as your salary comes promptly at the end of the month, avoid unnecessary confrontations with them.

During my NYSC, I never laid my hands on any student . If you're making noise, na you sabi, if I'm teaching and you walk out of the classroom, na you sabi, I won't even call you back. If you don't do your assignment na you sabi, I'll just mark the ones that submitted and go to the staff office, sit down and press my phone. I'm already a graduate with limited time there so why should I bother myself with stubborn people who aren't ready to learn?
u are a very bad teacher if u care less if ur students are learning or not!

I will deliberately avoid u handling any class once I know u.

wtf!

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by Truvelisback(m): 7:38pm On Apr 16
YourKarma:
This is one reason I always respect the secondary school I attended. It was a private school, a Catholic school. Any student who misbehaved and got punished and the parents came to school go make noise, our principal will rubbish you, walk you out of the school and suspend the student
Yes, I agree with you. Catholic schools don't take rubbish. I have taught there before. They are strict and against indiscipline.

5 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by NoToPile: 7:38pm On Apr 16
Shout out to the private schools that are still maintaining discipline.

You get your money you get am for your pocket, they don't give a damn, you will be expelled and nothing will happen.

They are not common though.

3 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by FreeStuffsNG: 7:40pm On Apr 16
MaziX:
Customer is always right
Not applicable to education o. This is a serious issue.

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by enemyofprogress: 7:40pm On Apr 16
OP who told you that students don't misbehave in public schools? You've not heard of public schools teachers being beaten up by their students? Dey there dey play.

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by sonnie10: 7:41pm On Apr 16
Divinediva2:

Honestly you sound stupid

I have children who attended primary school to secondary school ( high school ) in the US. You better learn, and stop being ignorant.
Forget what you see on movies, reality is different.
Just uttering certain words in school even among your peers can land you in juvenile.

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by Goldbw122(m): 7:44pm On Apr 16
Truvelisback:
Yes, until person come your restaurant eat #5000 come tell you say him no get money 💰 to pay now.

So far e nor chop Meat 🍖
Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by Nemesis0147(m): 7:44pm On Apr 16
Yes but some private schools are also good.
Especially missionary schools….the ones being handled by a reverend father or sister.
I did both my primary and secondary education in a mission school and I can tell you that body tell us.
Students were withdrawing because the reverend fathers and sisters in charge where not playing at all.

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by Badmashiii: 7:46pm On Apr 16
JohnOkolo:

“If your papa do anyhow, dem go luck am up”

Shows you are a product of those public secondary schools.

Dem go really luck am up and not lock

ITK who asked you? He's point is already understood even as he used "luck" instead of lock.

People should learn to ignore somethings.

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by Nazgul: 7:47pm On Apr 16
MichaelSokoto:

u are a very bad teacher if u care less if ur students are learning or not!

I will deliberately avoid u handling any class once I know u.

wtf!
If I come into your class as a corper by 9am for lectures and you feel I should start flogging SS2 and SS3 teenagers like animals so they can sit down and listen to lectures that would benefit their lives, you're in for a long ride.

I wrote my first GCE in SS1. My dad called it testing the waters. My result was very poor but I had the experience. By SS2 I wrote the second one, when I got to SS3 I cleared my WAEC in one sitting because I sat down and listened to my teachers. I didn't wait for them to chase me about with canes and force or beg me to learn, cos I knew what was best for me.

And for the record, I'm not a teacher and would never be a teacher, so assign your class to someone else.

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by jaxxy(m): 7:54pm On Apr 16
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. After seeing a video of how a student disrespected a teacher in a school, I am prompted to share this.

Note:

Private School Students are more corrupt than public school students, yes. I know many of might be wondering but it's the truth.

Most of their parents spoilt them by over pampering them. Some of them misbehave a lot and if you discipline them, their parents will fight you and the school management will blame you for that even when they know that you are right as the teacher.

Do you know why? Money 💰 is the reason. The management don't want to lose any student. They rather prefer losing you the teacher than to lose any student. These most times give some of these students negative confidence to misbehave.

But public schools won't give you that room to misbehave. If you mess up as a student, you will be seriously dealt with without minding who your parents are.

Explain what u mean by seriously deal with a student?

So u still want to use those archaic and barbaric practices of discipline on other people's children in the name of school teacher?

As a teacher u are only ment to impart necessary knowledge and give guidance to a child not oppress or molest them.

Teachers should update their teaching skills on how to handle and address difficult students. Flogging a child that's not urs is not the only or best option for discipline most times its just ego trip and not correction.

The school should give guidelines for methods of discipline and what constitutes wrong/bad behaviour in class or outside class and required punishment that can be deployed.

We Africans think violence is correction.

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by sprints1: 7:59pm On Apr 16
WhiteWood:
The Nigerian school teachers/private School teachers are not going through anything -- I love that our younger generation are beginning to stand up for themselves. Those who should be teaching us good manners by setting an example and through diplomacy have oppressed Nigerian children for too long/many years, undermining their confidence. This is the primary reason why Nigerian youths today are unaware of their rights and, consequently, idolize their oppressors.

Hats off to our younger generation -- they are educating themselves about their rights via the internet. In a rational society, that teacher should be suspended for directly confronting the child instead of reporting the matter to the school's disciplinary authority. The teacher is not the child's parent.

Many of you advocating for this boy's punishment are the same individuals who spend their entire day on the internet lamenting about our government and our failed nation. However, you seem to forget that only children who are nurtured with love and set a positive example grow up with the confidence to effect change. These children do not grow up worshipping individuals simply because some FOOLS believe it is their right for the younger generation to worship them.

****** Most of you quoting me are some of the reasons Nigeria as a country is not moving forward, -- brainwashing is a BIG problem. Are you all suggesting that the child shouldn't defend himself even if the teacher verbally abuses him or physically assaults him, as seen in numerous Nigerian YouTube videos SMH

******* This is the same reason Junior Pope ( Rest in Peace) was surrounded by over 100 people, yet not a single one could muster the initiative to administer CPR to him, Instead, they returned him to the river that claimed his life -- because these people weren't taught anything while growing up apart from how to worship their oppressors.

are you a teacher or where you. I have had the privilege to teach in one of the prestigious schools in nigeria. My experience is a living testimony. Teachers faced hell. I never did due to my diplomacy and my astute firmness in standing against oppressors. I will put you where you belong. Let me enlighten you, the yoruba teacher then was trying to explain to the kids hoe important the subject is and school as a whole and how parents are working hard to ensure quality education for the children. The teacher said to them that #600k is huge amount of money and the kids shouldn't take it for granted a child immediately responded and told the teacher chicken change how much is #600k. The child is from a wealthy family in fact he has snapped picture with his best football player in the world leo Messi. I have been to his house I know how rich the father is. So Mr man these children are unaware of anything they are just plain ignorant. Your analogy is pitiful sir

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by sprints1: 8:01pm On Apr 16
philos:

This is absolutely stewpeed!
I have given him a resounding response he will take his time.. he is just ignorant and plays with chatGPT a lot you will know from his writeup
Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by Lamasta(m): 8:15pm On Apr 16
WhiteWood:

****** Most of you quoting me are some of the reasons Nigeria as a country is not moving forward, -- brainwashing is a BIG problem. Are you all suggesting that the child shouldn't defend himself even if the teacher verbally abuses him or physically assaults him, as seen in numerous Nigerian YouTube videos SMH

******* This is the same reason Junior Pope ( Rest in Peace) was surrounded by over 100 people, yet not a single one could muster the initiative to administer CPR to him, Instead, they returned him to the river that claimed his life -- because these people weren't taught anything while growing up apart from how to worship their oppressors.

Are you typing in the position of a teacher or as a stubborn student

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:17pm On Apr 16
WhiteWood:

I feel sorry for my stupid drunk father and my useless mother

Pls take it easy on them. Have you taken your medication today?

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by jeromestarks: 8:20pm On Apr 16
Villa12:
go and make money first before talking about who and who not to marry. When you make money then you can marry your choice.
Exactly.
Imagine you suffering to make your money only to pay the bride price and sponsor the wedding with a woman who has been fvcked and mounted with just two eggs and indomie. You will even use your hard-earned money to take care of her family (in laws) while the men who fvcked her brains out only gave her two eggs and indomie.

Is that the life you wish for your self?

(If you say no, may thunder fire you into sixteen pieces)

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by Akilek: 8:27pm On Apr 16
[quote author=WhiteWood post=129472831]The Nigerian school teachers/private School teachers are not going through anything -- I love that our younger generation are beginning to stand up for themselves. Those who should be teaching us good manners by setting an example and through diplomacy have oppressed Nigerian children for too long/many years, undermining their confidence. This is the primary reason why Nigerian youths today are unaware of their rights and, consequently, idolize their oppressors.

[/quote

So a teacher should be suspended for correcting a spoilt child because you want to copy the Western world. Let me ask u a question do you think the westerners got everything right. The same way a parent can correct his/her child and be reported to the police. Don't you think these teachers are the ones molding the lives of these young generation and all they get is insults and sometimes abuse. If you feel you know so well then go ahead and become the perfect teacher
Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by Rumundele(m): 8:35pm On Apr 16
I really pity empathize with them, its very terible for them, i do tipped them sometimes whenever i took my children to school and they really appreciate it except for one who is expecting more than what i gave to her. The expression in her face said it all. I can't tipped all of them, i was not happy with her reaction but its ok. I really feel their pain
Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by Judd007: 8:36pm On Apr 16
E get where them de try this kind shit though
Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by placeofallure(f): 8:40pm On Apr 16
Nazgul:
I don't subscribe to flogging of students because most teachers abuse such privilege. Some male teachers target female students who don't agree to their advances for flogging. And it becomes a case of if you fall into my trap, I'll deal with you.

Others just hate some students for no reason. Thus taking out their frustrations on the innocent child.

I witnessed first hand of how teachers flog students during my NYSC and I can tell you that it's pure wickedness and has absolutely nothing to do with discipline. Because flogging reduces the self esteem of some kids. It makes them timid and in most cases vulnerable to abuse (sexual inclusive). Some even avoid going to school because of this. They would leave their homes and go somewhere else just to avoid these wicked teachers.

When you see the way some of these frustrated teachers flog their students over unnecessary things, you'll understand why most parents after paying so much money to the school management take necessary steps to ensure that their kids are not turned to animals.

I'm against kids being rude to adults, but as a teacher once you know the kind of kids you're dealing with, just focus on your lectures and let them be. As long as your salary comes promptly at the end of the month, avoid unnecessary confrontations with them.

During my NYSC, I never laid my hands on any student . If you're making noise, na you sabi, if I'm teaching and you walk out of the classroom, na you sabi, I won't even call you back. If you don't do your assignment na you sabi, I'll just mark the ones that submitted and go to the staff office, sit down and press my phone. I'm already a graduate with limited time there so why should I bother myself with stubborn people who aren't ready to learn?

Kudos to you for your last paragraph but to what end? You have achieved little or nothing with the children. Was your teacher like that while you were in school? Allow the children do what they like? You no try. People like you are the problem of Nigeria. You collect allowy from government and your conscience justified you? You didn't do a good job with the children, Owo yẹn o le mọ ẹ lọwọ o cause you didn't merit it in all ramifications.

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by Truvelisback(m): 8:44pm On Apr 16
jaxxy:

Explain what u mean by seriously deal with a student?

So u still want to use those archaic and barbaric practices of discipline on other people's children in the name of school teacher?

As a teacher u are only ment to impart necessary knowledge and give guidance to a child not oppress or molest them.

Teachers should update their teaching skills on how to handle and address difficult students. Flogging a child that's not urs is not the only or best option for discipline most times its just ego trip and not correction.

The school should give guidelines for methods of discipline and what constitutes wrong/bad behaviour in class or outside class and required punishment that can be deployed.

We Africans think violence is correction.
You don't what you are saying until you become a victim. By the way, I didn't mention oppression or molestation of students by teachers in my post. The post is about mannerless attitude from spoilt students engineered by their parents. That attitude that the displayed, if it were in public school, the boy would be suspended or even expelled but most private schools won't do that because the fee 💰. The management may even blame the teacher for making the issue escalate.

1 Like

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by aurecia: 8:45pm On Apr 16
jeromestarks:
Private school is a business center. It's as simple as that.
They management only want money. They have no business with inculcating morals in their students.
Shame!

Plus, a lot of immortality go on in such schools; children fvcking in toilets, teacher fvcking students, lesbianism, gaybriels etc.
So true
Put your children in any school you deemed fit but take time to personally teach them good morals. That's my concern.

Finally, fvck any girl you want but when it comes to marriage, find a young virgin woman and marry else, your children will be fathered by another man.
Never marry a woman who has many male besties if you want to live long.
Avoid single mothers at all costs. These ones are carrying a very different demonic spirit. Don't date them, don't befriend them , don't relate with them. Just avoid them!
so true.
Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by EreluRoz: 8:46pm On Apr 16
Solofresh2:
And they aren't paid well damn angry
Next time don't dare a tigress.
Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by YemyTemmy: 8:48pm On Apr 16
[/b]My heart bleeds for the teachers out there[b]
The worst thing to become in this life is to be a teacher, especially in Nigeria.

Salary will look down on you
your boss will look down on you
ungrateful parents will look down on you
Stup1d students will look down on you...

This is the reason i dumped the profession and eversince my life changed for good.
Now ungrateful parents that looked down on me now drives same car as my self, we live in same neighbourhood and they respect me more and some even seek advise from me.

If you're still in that profession, get other skills and crawl out of that profession.

pls leave this profession

2 Likes

Re: Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. by domnwan(m): 8:50pm On Apr 16
You wrote like my boss's son who think differently unlike humans.
WhiteWood:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games / These Two UNIOSUN Students Are Missing. / Leakage Of JUPEB Exam: ICPC, DSS Arrest 48 Lecturers, Security Officials, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.