Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves (27993 Views)

Disquiet In CBN As Cardoso Retires ‘Emefiele’s Directors’ / Black Market Welcomes Cardoso With ₦960/$1, P2P Now ₦970/$1 / Naira Weakens At Forex Market As Foreign Reserves Drop To $43b (2) (3) (4)

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by Dittodat: 10:37pm On Apr 17
Too complicated for the pandora pathological liar Obi supporters to understand. grin

Make I try to simplify am for them.
He no dey use the reserves to save the naira. Dem use small chekere to pay some gbese.
Las las Naira go find he own level. This na temporary measures.
He just added 600 million Dollars yesterday for the reserves self.
Hope say una understand. grin

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by Lavor234: 10:38pm On Apr 17
Burnt bridges. Paraded Emefiele like a tout, sacked CBN staff who had the experience to stabilise the economy, now doing worse.Pride comes before a fall

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by Ykc2(m): 10:38pm On Apr 17
fortune1968:
People like you are already put into shame . Better open your eyes to see good things .
good things like buying painter of garri 3500 or bag of rice 70k meanwhile painter of garri was 400 naira during Jonathan rice 8k ,apc and its supporters are cursed

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by johnog4sure: 10:38pm On Apr 17
I wish Nigeria can collapse so that we all rebuild together, just that blood must flow, e.g Rwanda, ivory coast, Liberia
Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by tollyboy5(m): 10:40pm On Apr 17
naijaboy756:
The government or its supporters
Who is stupider
I think it's Obidient grin
Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by naijaboy756: 10:42pm On Apr 17
favor914:
Quite obvious that you are the one.
Do not highlight the stupider word

It is on purpose to show how hopeless things have become
Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by tollyboy5(m): 10:42pm On Apr 17
Ykc2:
good things like buying painter of garri 3500 or bag of rice 70k meanwhile painter of garri was 400 naira during Jonathan rice 8k ,apc and its supporters are cursed
Bag of rice is ₦51k to ₦60k stop lying Mr obidient tongue

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by dfrost: 10:42pm On Apr 17
erniok:

He said drop in reserve had nothing to do with defending the naira. The drop had to do with meeting obligations to maintain credibility.

There is ambiguity in such statements. What are the obligations to be met? Are Nigerians not entitled to know?

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by Ofunaofu: 10:44pm On Apr 17
OnionBandit:
you will drown in your tears eventually

Miserable haters

Just look at the kind of Monika you chose
OnionBandit

Infact, a Bandit

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by tollyboy5(m): 10:45pm On Apr 17
Lavor234:
Burnt bridges. Paraded Emefiele like a tout, sacked CBN staff who had the experience to stabilise the economy, now doing worse.Pride comes before a fall
The strengthened naira is what you call worst Mr obidient? shocked

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by tollyboy5(m): 10:47pm On Apr 17
dfrost:

There is ambiguity in such statements. What are the obligations to be met? Are Nigerians not entitled to know?
He mentioned them but you were somehow d£af. Now go back and replay the video
Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by Seunpapa65: 10:48pm On Apr 17
E be like say emefele better pass this one

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by tollyboy5(m): 10:50pm On Apr 17
lexy2014:

its already public knowledge
Why post August 2023 news in April 2024 lol.
All these pitobi guys ehn! grin grin
Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by tollyboy5(m): 10:53pm On Apr 17
Ofunaofu:

What is there to watch. An embarrassing interview by the patch patch CV CBN governor
It's embarrassing and disgraceful because it doesn't favor obidient. It favors only Nigerians.
Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:55pm On Apr 17
Themanleshey:

So what does this mean ? 🤷‍♂️

My brother eh... Thank God say this kind people no dey set exam questions... Are you defending or attacking? Which one is, it's not your plan to defend

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by Ofunaofu: 10:56pm On Apr 17
tollyboy5:

It's embarrassing and disgraceful because it doesn't favor obidient. It favors only Nigerians.

Does it favour you and your family members as well?

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by LegendHero(m): 10:57pm On Apr 17
tollyboy5:
cheesy as you can see CBN are trying to maintain liquidity not defending the naira.
Some people have been explaining this stuff that people are just speculating.
CBN cleared forex backlogs and paid several debt is it your extra free donations that did that? grin

Last last pressmybutton and the other guys like legendHero are right.
No be sey I dey support APC but respect Lagos men grin

socialmediaman

Oil dey your head brother.
Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by tollyboy5(m): 11:00pm On Apr 17
vengertime:
Tinubu the criminal will finish all our reserves for him and his fellow thieves
Bro shame on you. You're not a Nigerian, why care about Nigeria reserve?
You're just a BitterObi fan.

Nonsense
vengertime:
Obviously we can now agree that the whole Dangote refinery thing was a scam just like the Nigerian Air.

As my cousin that work there said, that refinery is not going to be ready until 2025/2026 depending on if he gets funds from international lenders.
Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by IfnobeGod20: 11:01pm On Apr 17
When we talk their defenders will say we are the enemies of the country, that we always wish bad luck fo the country. It is now clearer that we are the real lovers of the country while they are the enemies, that doesn't want better things for the country. How would a government be using her own reserve to be defending the naira? The reserve that serves as collateral and confidence to investors to come to the country to invest. They have gone to many countries to woo investors to come and invest in Nigeria. With the depletion of the reserve, which investor would want to come and invest in a country with unstable reserve. So that their investment will go down the drain in their own very eyes. We are in to a very serious trouble in this country but the hailers would not allow us talk. Hailers the enemies of Nigeria.

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:01pm On Apr 17
tollyboy5:

Can you give me location for bag of rice at this rate, please?

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by tollyboy5(m): 11:02pm On Apr 17
Ofunaofu:

Does it favour you and your family members as well?
I'm Nigerian bro. All the best for bitterobi guys.
Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by Anatolia: 11:04pm On Apr 17
I am anti- Tinubu but Cardoso is doing a great job of doing damage control to the stupidity of Tinubu impulsive economic policies. Anything that needs to be done to rescue the naira, I support it 100 percent.

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by Anatolia: 11:06pm On Apr 17
IfnobeGod20:
When we talk their defenders will say we are the enemies of the country, that we always wish bad luck fo the country. It is now clearer that we are the real lovers of the country while they are the enemies, that doesn't want better things for the country. How would a government be using her own reserve to be defending the naira? The reserve that serves as collateral and confidence to investors to come to the country to invest. They have gone to many countries to woo investors to come and invest in Nigeria. With the depletion of the reserve, which investor would want to come and invest in a country with unstable reserve. So that their investment will go down the drain in their own very eyes. We are in to a very serious trouble in this country but the hailers would not allow us talk. Hailers the enemies of Nigeria.

Do you prefer to have money in the bank and be suffering? I tire for you oh. Forget investor confidence.
Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by Deleolu75: 11:06pm On Apr 17
I read it that we are attacking not defending
Wen did dollar became football
Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by dfrost: 11:07pm On Apr 17
tollyboy5:

He mentioned them but you were somehow d£af. Now go back and replay the video

1. I wasn't talking to you.

2. Your choice of words shows your upbringing.

3. He said debts, what debts exactly? I say again there is ambiguity in his statements.

Now if you want to discuss, discuss intelligently else I won't entertain you.
Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by SmartMen: 11:08pm On Apr 17
iichidodo:
I don't see the need of a hullabaloo on the size of our foreign reserve, especially if it's used in something as crucial as improving the intrinsic value of the currency used and transacted by millions of Nigerians. If 2Billion$ helps to push naira from 1900 to 1100, then say another 4Billion$ can help us get to at least 200 naira. Now if 1$ equals to 200# in 2024, you wouldn't fail to realize that cash and savings of millions Nigerians just got far more valuable . What's the need of a foreign reserve, if it cannot help to execute crucial macroeconomic function we just highlighted before....And las las, we have crude oil sales to replenish the reserve...
bros, u still dey this forum?

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by dfrost: 11:09pm On Apr 17
Anatolia:

Do you prefer to have money in the bank and be suffering? I tire for you oh. Forget investor confidence.

Hopefully you should take up an MBA study, that is if you have not. Else, I beg you to do so.

Everyone, country, individual, business, organization should maintain a certain amount of liquidity.

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by tollyboy5(m): 11:09pm On Apr 17
IfnobeGod20:
When we talk their defenders willheir own very eyes. We are in to a very serious trouble in this country but the hailers would not allow us talk. Hailers the enemies of Nigeria.
I don't think you watched the video at all. The adrenaline rush just to comment opposite.
Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by dfrost: 11:11pm On Apr 17
Yampotatocarrot:

Can you give me location for bag of rice at this rate, please?

The funny thing about this forum, is how polarized most people have become. Ask a simple question that should beckon a discussion, it turns into tribal, political or all worth not.

When he gives you the location of the rice, please let me know. My own is about to finish.

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by Ykc2(m): 11:12pm On Apr 17
tollyboy5:

anyways na spoilt yam una dey take do amala so you don't care about price of rice gari or seno

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by PHIPEX(m): 11:15pm On Apr 17
datola:
Hmmm. Oga Cardoso should be careful granting interviews on issues of exchange rate.

The saboteurs are waiting to capitalise on any loophole.
He should keep shut like the oga in Aso Rock right? That's what olodos do in class, they keep shut because they are iti boribo

If you know what you are doing you will defend it any day any time

Re: It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves by Ikemba007: 11:20pm On Apr 17
lexy2014:

its already public knowledge

That they don't intend to defend the naira with forex? How dis their intention become public without they saying it?

8 Mistakes I Made Starting An Online Business In Nigeria That You Should Avoid! / Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs / How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady?