Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily (37008 Views)

Nigerian Woman Who Returned To Secondary School After Child Bearing Graduates / Crypto Kindergarten: A School Where You Get Paid To Attend / What Are Some Must Read Books For People In Their 20s? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by illicit(m): 12:16pm On Apr 21
Uche559:

It's not, most private school give this to parent that come for enquiry only especially when they suspect u ll not come back. They normally take parent that pay for admission form serious. After u enquire n pay d admission form fee, then a proper letter headed paper with all the requirements n breakdown is listed.

It doesn't work that way bro

There's a whole publicity dept in every international school, every enquiry is an opportunity to advertise

Even when we send teams out to market and poach clients

They go with branded fliers

Only mushroom schools will print their fees like this, and a mushroom school dont charge much
Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by Obierika(m): 12:52pm On Apr 21
nedekid:

Guy, it is not bragging from them ohh but fact.
I picked someone up from a university recently, a 20 year old, his friend that came along looked like a child. Omo, I had to ask how old, 17/18, and writing 300 level exams going on 400! Haba!
Thr person I picked said that is how they are plenty there, that they enter so young ie 15..
How Meanwhile he says forget it, that they are all smart, that they cope easily based on the standard of secondary schools attended.

No matter how brilliant, a child has no business starting school before the age of 3 or 4 at the very least!
Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by Villa12(m): 1:02pm On Apr 21
Enemyofpeace:
Na from there the baby will go for NYSC now.
they don't School in Nigeria
Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by FireUpNow(m): 1:22pm On Apr 21
illicit:

I teach in a British school

You are teaching in a British school and that's very good. But I asked you if you attended a British school and paid that much when your were in that level?
Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by TollinsN: 1:24pm On Apr 21
The high paying fee schools hinged on the fact that Nigerians still see more than enough to steal from their place of work and as a result always wants to show class.
Most parents are always ready to buy the container and not the contents for their children.
Gadgets employed for the training of the children are most often times not connected with true learning but just make believe to show business class.
I have discovered for long that those schools will never allow their students to do WAEC or NECO to avoid being disgraced. They do foreign examinations
Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by illicit(m): 1:41pm On Apr 21
FireUpNow:

You are teaching in a British school and that's very good. But I asked you if you attended a British school and paid that much when your were in that level?

When I was at their level I dont know a quarter of what they know now

Even as at now, they know more than some so called graduates

You need to see their curricula

These are well travelled kids

1 Like

Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by Uche559(m): 2:02pm On Apr 21
illicit:

It doesn't work that way bro

There's a whole publicity dept in every international school, every enquiry is an opportunity to advertise

Even when we send teams out to market and poach clients

They go with branded fliers

Only mushroom schools will print their fees like this, and a mushroom school dont charge much
Ohh ok
Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by nedekid: 2:14pm On Apr 21
Obierika:

No matter how brilliant, a child has no business starting school before the age of 3 or 4 at the very least!
My thought too.
But in current day naija, how many families can afford to leave a spouse at home to take care of children for 5 - 8 years assuming a 2-3 years interval between 2 kids?

1 Like

Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by Ken4Christ: 2:19pm On Apr 21
LyfeJennings:

Dey play
Just be playing
Is that what U think
If U send Ur pickin go better school
E go Sabi book
Not necessarily to be the best in the country but e go Sabi book
And sides,its not just about education but the class of life ur kids will be exposed to
Trust me, U cannot compared British International School with Jubril Martins High School
Atlantic Hall CAN NEVER EVER BE COMPARED TO Ireti Grammar School
I pray I have the money and mindset to do so to your offspring someday

I went to a government secondary school many years back in Benin City. When I wrote my A- level exam though in the north, my result was among the best in an exam that about 10,000 students took in the entire northern state. We have students from Federal government colleges across the country, some of them with A1 in six subjects.

When I got admission into Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, my result was the best in the entire Engineering faculty. We had students from so called best schools across the nation. So, forget about expensive school. You can get good education without spending that much.

1 Like

Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by ugbanante: 2:53pm On Apr 21
Madam, simple something u make it complex. Try other schools mbok.
If d school charges 200k just for books and u can afford it go ahead else check next school
Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by Themandator: 3:58pm On Apr 21
illicit:
This is fake

That list should bear the name of the school, if real

No school of repute prints on such miserable paper, it has to be letter head or a flier

✍️

Clearly , you never enter this realm so you no no

This is a continuation of the list for different categories.

Private schools list all the different pre and nursery in one swoop .

She only took the sort that is of concern to her

I no because I get 3 wonderful kids

1 Like

Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by Love800(m): 4:40pm On Apr 21
Pls what is pre-nursery?
Shebi in school we have crech, nursery and primary then secondary comes in.
Akalia:
Depends on the spate of a child's cognitive development. My son started pre-nursery at 1yr. At that age he was able to construct short logical sentences . Now he is 2+ and when he talks often times, I wonder how he is able to string words together to express his thoughts at that age.
Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by MuslimIgbo: 5:43pm On Apr 21
lomprico:
Some private school owners are worse than thieves.

But she for show us the school name na
That idìot only did that for attention.
It's fake
Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by MuslimIgbo: 5:44pm On Apr 21
Peakdesign23:
I wish she exposed the oversabi school.
It's not real.
Na attention seeker OLOSHO

1 Like

Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by MuslimIgbo: 5:46pm On Apr 21
Monaboo:
She is complaining when CharterHouse, Lekki, Lagos is charging N42M per session.

That is N14M per term.

A Primary School ooo.

Na these kind school I wan dey teach.

Make I use my B.SC in Geography and Planning do better thing for Naija.

If u are working in any big school in Lekki, VI or Ikoyi in Lagos, abeg connect me.

I also mark WAEC.
The reality here is that, that school will charge students that amount and still pay you below 200k as salary

1 Like

Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by Laka2bor(m): 6:03pm On Apr 21
If she can't afford it,she will never go close to the school environment,of course she have idea of what she will receive,God will kever let us regret each penny we spent on our children.
If u can afford it Madam pay ,some parent are paying over 50/million for the new British school in Lagos.
If I have my kids we get the best

1 Like

Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by FireUpNow(m): 6:40pm On Apr 21
illicit:

When I was at their level I dont know a quarter of what they know now

Even as at now, they know more than some so called graduates

You need to see their curricula

These are well travelled kids

You just chipped in another dimension which is travelling. Oga kids of today are more smarter. They have access to internet you never had when their age.

1 Like

Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by illicit(m): 6:53pm On Apr 21
FireUpNow:

You just chipped in another dimension which is travelling. Oga kids of today are more smarter. They have access to internet you never had when their age.

Yeah sure

Travelling and internet is part of their curricula

Do you know they learn coding from grade 8/jss2?

And travelling/excursion is part of their syllabus

1 Like

Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by Compliant(m): 7:28pm On Apr 21
CrossRhodes:

Na una dey put underaged children for school na...
No child should start school until 3years minimum.

My last daughter of less than 2 years alwayz cry aloud and will not stop each time her senior brother and sister are going to school, so i decided to enroll her in same school, omo na 200,000 for just a term.

All the money i paid as school fees from my 100 level days at the university till i graduated wasn't up to 200k

It is well

2 Likes

Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by Killermamba: 9:49pm On Apr 21
CrossRhodes:

Na una dey put underaged children for school na...
No child should start school until 3years minimum.
exactly the same thing wey I dey talk all the time, my son is almost 2 years, he can read abcd to an extent 123-7 for now, Identify colors very well, sing his rhymes though with little remix. His writing for now na signature be everything, all of these without going to one pre school scam. The mom does all the teaching. For me if the guy never reach 4 no yeye preschool nonsense
Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by Perocom(m): 10:15pm On Apr 21
illicit:

I teach in a British school

No international school will list their fees on such miserable paper

Most of my students in grade7 and 8, thats jss1 and 2 have been to at least 7 countries, I Europe and America

We dont operate like that

So they actually charge high right? Because the borne of contention here is not the medium of communication or the platform where the information was pasted, it’s about the high and ridiculous amount charged for a kindergarten
Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by illicit(m): 10:54pm On Apr 21
Perocom:

So they actually charge high right? Because the borne of contention here is not the medium of communication or the platform where the information was pasted, it’s about the high and ridiculous amount charged for a kindergarten

Of course

It wasn't disputed that they charge high

My contention is that no reputable school will print their fees and charges on such sheet

It's demeaning
Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by sprints1: 5:52am On Apr 22
1000Capacity:
This is a fake list.
Primary schools print these in bulk and it carries the school information.
ain't fake look at the heading new intake... they no get paper to waste dem no 80% of people coming for the first time will not bring their kids to the school... development levy laugh me pass na my pikin go build the school 300k for wetin... I dey tell una always school na scam...
Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by FireUpNow(m): 10:43am On Apr 22
illicit:

Yeah sure

Travelling and internet is part of their curricula

Do you know they learn coding from grade 8/jss2?

And travelling/excursion is part of their syllabus

I know that travelling IA nother form of education. The children learning coding as early as JSS2 is a welcome development.
You are still evading my question by not answering it.
Should in case you forgot, I asked you if you attended an expensive school when their age?
Re: N55k Books For Pre-kindergarten? - Nigerian Woman Reacts Angrily by Perocom(m): 12:14pm On May 01
illicit:

Of course

It wasn't disputed that they charge high

My contention is that no reputable school will print their fees and charges on such sheet

It's demeaning

Yeah i understand. Majority will not present their fees on a sheet of paper like that, they will do so via whatapps chats and email and it will be comprehensive - tuition fee, dev fee, transport fares and so on, they will spell out the details.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

30-Year-Old Teacher Defiles A 13-Year-Old Pupil In Zamfara (Photos) / Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA / Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.