Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) (49040 Views)

Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened / Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors / Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by SUNNINO(m): 8:33pm On Apr 21
Na Yoruba teach ibo people tribalism
Sapasenator:

I worked in an Igbo owned company too in Lagos that would not hire a Yoruba. Both sides are deeply tribalistic.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Almaiga: 8:33pm On Apr 21
Sapasenator:
I have seen a Yoruba landlord deny renting to an Igbo. Our own tribalism is worse.

Why should a Yoruba landlord rent his house to an Igbo?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Sapasenator: 8:33pm On Apr 21
SUNNINO:
Na Yoruba teach ibo people tribalism

Nope, that is not true.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by jara: 8:34pm On Apr 21
Waiting to see a sensible comment.

So if a Yoruba man is denied entry into a Chinese store in Nigeria, an Igbo man would be allowed in.

Where is your brain?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Adammamon: 8:34pm On Apr 21
Continue, na your broda for lagos you they implicate. They never see anything.

AqualinaXYZ:

Na inferiority complex dey worry them

Igbos coming to their land to outsmart them is worrisome

They don sell all lands in Lagos and relocated to Oshogbo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by abdsamad(m): 8:34pm On Apr 21
Don't understand...
A person built a structure with his money and decided to allow certain people in, what's the problem?

It's a supermarket, yes, but it's still private property.
If it was an exclusive club would you bang on the gate demanding to be let in?

Abeg, this one no CONSIGN me jere

1 Like

Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by chatinent: 8:34pm On Apr 21
We are also very tribalistic to ourselves. So why the fuss!
Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Truthsandtrusts: 8:36pm On Apr 21
officialwdhtv:
Man in shock after been denied entry into a chinese supermarket in Abuja shocked

Take a listen!!!

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxkLejsaoY8

They discharged you because you nor get level or maybe you be obidients propaganda agents way won go spy the place for high service reasons....many place for Nigeria dey way be say if you nor get level you can't enter so is not a matter of Chinese supermarket or Nigeria supermarket.....come to think of it na Nigeria politicians na him fit own the supermarket.
Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Sapasenator: 8:36pm On Apr 21
Almaiga:

He doesn't have to and that is the tribalism we are talking about. The landlord has a right to deny his house to whomsoever he will but should never complain of racism when a Chinese does the same to him.

You cant eat your cake and have it!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Truthsandtrusts: 8:38pm On Apr 21
Afamsi:
They can't try it in a country that values its citizens

Say's who? There are many places in the world that loves their citizens but you can't enter every where ...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by CrownedPhoenix: 8:40pm On Apr 21
Is the supermarket a consulate?
Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by aktolly54(m): 8:41pm On Apr 21
BOSSkesh:
Racism
How can you not sell to us in our own country
that kind thing should be build in theur embassy fir abuja. That's mean it's Chinese territory which is understandable but as long as it's not embassy , they dint suppose to allow that kind thing unless na illegal things is happening there

1 Like

Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by bemeruca: 8:41pm On Apr 21
I don't see anything wrong with this.
their services are tailored to their people and they sell to their people alone.
Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by SUNNINO(m): 8:41pm On Apr 21
Ibos could be selfish and unruly,but can live with other tribes without been sensitive to their tribes,Yoruba can't do that ,it will surprise they hardly attend church found by a non Yoruba and the Yoruba G.Os sees other tribe in their church as source of income and crowd
Sapasenator:

Nope, that is not true.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Cmanforall: 8:44pm On Apr 21
BOSSkesh:
Racism
How can you not sell to us in our own country

It may not be racism
Good to hear 2 sides of a story.
What if the shop is not functioning at the time or they are having meeting, or a VIP is there (maybe Ronaldo cheesy) etc.

Moreover, there are shops abroad where you don't just walk in without looking rich. The bouncers will stop you.
Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Pepperdemisback: 8:45pm On Apr 21
Sapasenator:

Igbo's are tribalistic too. I think more than the Yorubas but It cuts accross the country.
They are worse, even denying brides, especially Anambra. Can you talk about how Ebonyins are being treated in Igbo land? They are treated like outcasts.
Charlie Boy lived in somebody's house for a whole 7 years without paying N1 and even harassing her with Court. If you have a bad relationship with some people, you might decide to avoid them.
What about the bloody Landlord Association just because the Landlords are from other Igbo states?
https://www.google.com/search?q=family+refused+anambra+man+to+marry+from+imo&oq=&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqCQgAECMYJxjqAjIJCAAQIxgnGOoCMgkIARAjGCcY6gIyCQgCECMYJxjqAjIJCAMQIxgnGOoCMgkIBBAjGCcY6gIyCQgFECMYJxjqAjIJCAYQIxgnGOoCMgkIBxAjGCcY6gIyCQgIECMYJxjqAjIJCAkQIxgnGOoCMgkIChAjGCcY6gIyCQgLECMYJxjqAjIJCAwQIxgnGOoCMgkIDRAjGCcY6gIyCQgOECMYJxjqAjIRCA8QABgDGEIYjwEYtAIY6gIyDwgQEC4YAxiPARi0AhjqAjIRCBEQABgDGEIYjwEYtAIY6gIyEQgSEAAYAxhCGI8BGLQCGOoCMg8IExAuGAMYjwEYtAIY6gLSAQYtMWowajeoAhSwAgE&client=ms-android-transsion&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Pepperdemisback: 8:47pm On Apr 21
SUNNINO:
Ibos could be selfish and unruly,but can live with other tribes without been sensitive to their tribes,Yoruba can't do that ,it will surprise they hardly attend church found by a non Yoruba and the Yoruba G.Os sees other tribe in their church as source of income and crowd
Kanu placed curses publicly on any Igbo man who attends a Yoruba man's Church.
Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Pepperdemisback: 8:49pm On Apr 21
nedekid:
This one is just chasing clout. Where is the evidence you were not allowed to enter the market? I can go stand down the street from ebeano and make a video saying I was not allowed inside. Abeg go elsewhere if them no want you, maybe bad character de smell for your bodi. undecided
There are some Estates you can't enter o! They are occupied by white men only.
Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Timothy89(m): 8:51pm On Apr 21
Sapasenator:
I have seen a Yoruba landlord deny renting to an Igbo. Our own tribalism is worse in comparison to racism.

In Yoruba land that's a big lie? Everyone cannot be you Igbo, except from anambra and imo, not sure of ebonyi, other Igbo no dey send any non Igbo

The highest tribalist in Nigeria are you Igbo, Northerners own na religion

Yoruba landlord that kept your rented house for your ancestors when they went for a dumb war that you were lured to deny Igbo that hold his money a rent? You people that don't allow outsider buy land and rent shop in your region

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Desusi: 8:52pm On Apr 21
Tell me,if they do like that here to Nigerians, what would they not do in China to them? Let the sleeping dogs lie please.
Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by snowball11(m): 8:56pm On Apr 21
Almaiga:

And does it matter who he rents the house to?

Africa is truly a sick continent! undecided
Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by sukar886: 9:02pm On Apr 21
Sapasenator:
I have seen a Yoruba landlord deny renting to an Igbo. Our own tribalism is worse in comparison to racism.
Racism of highest order
Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Lifestone(m): 9:03pm On Apr 21
Sapasenator:
I heard Igbos only pay initial rent and will refuse to pay again. They will take Landlord to court and become a nuisance

1 Like

Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Pedro334(m): 9:06pm On Apr 21
this guy na -1 , Julius Malema will be disappointed by this guy's set-pieces . meanwhile the guy looks like a young lady self ,
Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by harjay1986: 9:06pm On Apr 21
KingAzubuike:

Lol I know of a very big fmcg in lagos where a department prioritise hiring igbos than yoruba.. infact if you're yoruba in the department, your manager will do everything to ridicule and stain you.

So this tribalism is everywhere. Its worse with the igbos if you ask me. A typical igbo man will leave a company and elevate his igbo subordinate to fill the void.

Just leave them to say nonsense they wish, am not in support of any tribe doing such but now pointing finger as if they are clean of such is what irritate me... where I work, the supervisor of the Housekeeping department happen to be Igbo Lady with children at home, when she speak I will just laugh, because the owner of the company is a Yoruba man and if he hear something of such the person is a gonna

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Smoothwave: 9:10pm On Apr 21
Sapasenator:

Likewise I have seen igbo landlords deny renting house to yoruba. Aa chorom onye ofe mnanu na bem...
Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by NaijaCover(m): 9:10pm On Apr 21
Hmmmmmm
Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Codes151(m): 9:11pm On Apr 21
This is why i love Niger Delta.. some things n one can try.. Ssee abj o.. tomorrow now aboki, hausa and yorubas go open dirty mouth dey yarn shit..

why should i not be allowed into a supermarket in my own soil? bullshit..
shame to all residents in ABJ
Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Sapasenator: 9:12pm On Apr 21
Lifestone:

I heard Igbos only pay initial rent and will refuse to pay again. They will take Landlord to court and become a nuisance

That may have happened but there are more than fifty millions Igbos na. imagine because a Nigerian scammed a white man and he decides to label every Nigeria a scammer, are you going to be comfortable with that? You never scammed anyone but being labelled a scammer by a white man. I am sure you will never be comfortable with that.

Tribalism is bad and honestly does not make any sense in this 2024, I have a strong disdain for tribalism regardless of where they come from, Igbo , Yoruba, Hausa.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Agapeunit(m): 9:12pm On Apr 21
AqualinaXYZ:

Na inferiority complex dey worry them

Igbos coming to their land to outsmart them is worrisome

They don sell all lands in Lagos and relocated to Oshogbo
lolx, ds are some of d statement dt got igbo n yoruba to where they are today,if wanna talk about what they did dt is bad,just talk about it ! Stop saying some unnecessary words dt is so meaningless petty n dt can cause another innocent igbo problems! What is d meaning of "igbos coming to dere land to outsmart them" "dem don sell all dere land finish n relocate to oshogbo" " lagos is a no man's land" " yoruba are lazy people" etc
with all ds bad statements n more,u expect them to keep mute n react not? When u hurt someone n he or she kept mute dont think d fellow is a fool! When d fellow will start his or her own it will always look so evil because d ones u have done aint fresh again. We all need to stop it! None of us is a SAINT!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by Sapasenator: 9:13pm On Apr 21
Smoothwave:

Likewise I have seen igbo landlords deny renting house to yoruba. Aa chorom onye ofe mnanu na bem...

I agree with you. Its in all the tribes but I think its more with Igbos.
Re: Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) by poiu44: 9:14pm On Apr 21
ThìsGlobe.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan / What Business Can Start Doing With 400k? (Your Idea Is Welcome) / Sanwo-Olu Commissions UBA Business Office At New Ultra-modern Afriland Towers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.