Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention (27721 Views)

Whatsapp Voice Note Is The Best Invention / Whatsapp Is About To Stop Working On Windows And Some Android/ios Phones / [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by BigDickProblems: 7:24am On Apr 25
MaziX:
them no get sense lol.. vert bitter pple

Only God knows the painful experience the OP may have had to take out time to create a thread about VOICE NOTE.
😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Stanweezy(m): 7:30am On Apr 25
dominique:
I thought it was only me that thing annoys grin

It's not a bad invention, it's the way Nigerians use it that is very annoying.

Voice Note is good but people are misusing it

Imagine in a group chat, out of 20 ppl that responded to a message, 15 na VN while the rest typed their response
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Karleb(m): 7:30am On Apr 25
OnionBandit:
Sometimes typing can be very boring and stressful, especially when you have a lot to say at once.

Imagine a situation where as a 9-5er working in Lagos, you just returned from work (after beating that Lagos traffic)...and someone important gives you a lengthy chat that can't wait..Omo! Me na VN go solve am o!

Talking is more stressful than typing.

You probably don't know this because you all are talkatives.

4 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by amaks: 7:38am On Apr 25
Correct yourself. Because some people abuse or misuse it doesn't make the invention bad. It's a good invention.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by KushLyon(m): 7:55am On Apr 25
Gadafii:
Actually I would rather type that shit out that use voice notes on Whatsapp, however people have preference and adapt to what's convenience to them, How ever I recently came to realize that using voice not to explain or give instruction, direction, etc is more effective than typing it out, it saves time and easier than typing long words.

Despite this, I found my voice very croaked and hoarse, worse than davido sef over voice note, so I barely do voice note

Meanwhile I know people that have become used to voice note, to even reply with "ok I will call you" Dem go use VN, it can be annoying tho

For me I prefer typed instructions than voice. Imagine someone giving me a step by step instruction with voice note and when I forget a particular step, I will now start trying to look for where the person mentioned it in their voice note meanwhile if it's typed, my brain already know where that particular step is because I have seen it before. This is from my own personal experience sha

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by XY01: 8:11am On Apr 25
Op thinks he's the minister for Communication and should decide what means of communication is proper, but he's just being stupid especially with his big big english. If you don't want me to send you a vn, then you speak up, don't act like an adult baby in a public forum.

So, If I'm at work doing stuffs, and you send me a text, I should leave what I'm doing and reply you because I don't want you to die? If you're getting kidnapped, you can easily text and let me know that you are. And If you can't play vn because you're a in a noisy place, then forking leave it and play it when you get home or you're in a less noisy place. Don't come online and be criticizing peoples choice of communicating, it only shows that you are the stupid persin

12 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by noobody(m): 8:14am On Apr 25
Did you know when you receive a voice note on Whatsapp,
The moment you hit the play button,put the phone to your ear like you want to receive a regular call.
The voice note plays directly from your earpiece and not the speaker.

It was designed to work that way.

Try it today.

4 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Inspirer1: 8:16am On Apr 25
I assume the person is very poor at spelling words, I may be wrong though.

2 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by KushLyon(m): 8:17am On Apr 25
The annoying part is that most of us read faster than the average human talking speed, and then someone will now send me a 4 minutes long voice note to be listening to as if I don't have something better to do with my life. It's like WhatsApp noticed this problem and made it possible for people to continue listening to voice notes when they minimize WhatsApp because in the past it wasn't so; once you minimize the app, the voice note stops. It will take me half the time to read a typed message than if you use voice note. Another thing is that I sometimes reply messages from my notifications, especially when I'm playing games or watching a video, then you will now be sending voice note undecided I usually ignore until I'm done with whatever I'm doing

2 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by RickyJesus: 8:20am On Apr 25
noobody:
Did you know when you receive a voice note on Whatsapp,
The moment you hit the play button,put the phone to your ear like you want to receive a regular call.
The voice note plays directly from your earpiece and not the speaker.

It was designed to work that way.

Try it today.
I am aware of that, how those that stop it from being shitty?
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by RickyJesus: 8:27am On Apr 25
Inspirer1:
I assume the person is very poor at spelling words, I may be wrong though.
That is one is different brother and understandable but most of them can type (the spelling doesn't matter self).

The issue is that initially they might be typing oh, then boom out of no where the person would drop a VN; now that's a communication problem, it changes the dynamic of the interaction entirely.

You don't know the nature of my surrounding if I could easily listen to it and reply you (sometimes I would try and make an effort to listen to it anyway and reply but even after trying multiple time I would just give up from the frog voice).

2 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Inspirer1: 8:35am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:

That is one is different brother and understandable but most of them can type (the spelling doesn't matter self).

The issue is that initially they might be typing oh, then boom out of no where the person would drop a VN; now that's a communication problem, it changes the dynamic of the interaction entirely.

You don't know the nature of my surrounding if I could easily listen to it and reply you (sometimes I would try and make an effort to listen to it anyway and reply but even after trying multiple time I would just give up from the frog voice).
smiley
You're right,...
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by CheapHomes1: 8:45am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:
I took my time to type a reasonable message to you and all of a sudden you are sending VN to me, do you know if I am in an appropriate place to listen to your frog voice and respond? It just seem selfish and unreasonable.

I normally let the person know about the inappropriateness, but if the person continues; I reply whenever I can.

with everything you typed, how is voice note now the worst invention?

3 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by tctrills: 8:45am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:
I took my time to type a reasonable message to you and all of a sudden you are sending VN to me, do you know if I am in an appropriate place to listen to your frog voice and respond? It just seem selfish and unreasonable.

I normally let the person know about the inappropriateness, but if the person continues; I reply whenever I can.
I think you are just a bitter person looking for excuses to be angry.
Buy yourself an earpiece so you can listen to messages wherever you are and stop complaining.
Learn to enjoy the Conveniences of life.

5 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Kenmatt(m): 8:46am On Apr 25
I needed to go through.

Do you know that most people use Voice Note as if it's "formings"?

When in actually sense, most of them that use it, use it just to get away with their poor writing skills.

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by alabo1: 8:47am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:

Omoh, I tried to be understanding but truthfully I just dislike unexpected VN; like you said, I would have just put a call across to you. Very annoying something.

I dont ever read them. Normal whatsapp na stress talk less of voice note

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by lamentor78(m): 8:47am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:

Always condemning people's ideas and innovations, which one have you invented all these children of perdition why are they so many on nairaland

10 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Iykopee(m): 8:47am On Apr 25
grin grin jobless people no dey difficult to know.

6 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by IamDora(f): 8:49am On Apr 25
Everything is a problem for you black people 🤦

7 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Sainturch1: 8:49am On Apr 25
Once your voice note is more than 46 seconds, na you go listen to the VN

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Natbrowny: 8:49am On Apr 25
Voice notes shouldn't be more than 20 seconds. No be to dey discuss season movies

I gave many red cards to some mulla coz of 8min notes of rubbish and repeat messages

In some capacity it's great though for illiterates who didnt get formal education.

I dey speak to many Labourers thru WhatsApp esp when they wannna send me pictures of products or work they do and did and some lil talk to follow. Bricklayerz, bike guys etc

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Ttipsy(f): 8:49am On Apr 25
How can I stop auto download for voice notes on group chat?

I have done the normal way yet it’s still downloading automatically
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by happney65: 8:50am On Apr 25
Some people that can't type in English. It is voice note that helps them. When you see someone sending voice notes every now and then,just know they have a huge problem typing in basic English. grin

I use VN too,but it is very very few times most especially when I'm on the road and I needed to reply your message. I just reply with VN instead of typing

2 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by emmyN(m): 8:50am On Apr 25
OnionBandit:
Sometimes typing can be very boring and stressful, especially when you have a lot to say at once.

Imagine a situation where as a 9-5er working in Lagos, you just returned from work (after beating that Lagos traffic)...and someone important gives you a lengthy chat that can't wait..Omo! Me na VN go solve am o!

Why don't you get on a call then?
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by abobote: 8:50am On Apr 25
And you think it's everyone that can type, or even time to type.
Voice note is easier and quicker

4 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by superCleanworks(m): 8:50am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:

You don't understand the cruise of the matter but you decided to give your opinion anyway

Crux of the matter

5 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Natbrowny: 8:51am On Apr 25
Ttipsy:
How can I stop auto download for voice notes on group chat?

U cant. VN is auto saved. Only picture n videos can be controlled.

U fit visit ur files, WhatsApp. Under voice notes. Delete all.

I do dat weekly to delete VN on my phone..

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Zeebuy: 8:51am On Apr 25
Ade1177:

People are rude actually then turn around and call the other person unserious

Imagine running a business
And someone just sends you a voicenote while you're trying to reply other msgs

The most annoying is

WhatsApp call from someone you don't know
People just believe they have access to anyone and no need to ask for permission

But you take normal calls from people you don't know so what's the difference? Unless you're referring to video calls though
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by UselessBuharist: 8:52am On Apr 25
I’ve more than 1000 voicenotes on my WhatsApp that I have not listened to. If we are having reasonable chat abs you switch to voicenote then that’s the end of the conversation.

I also don’t type abbreviations

2 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Ttipsy(f): 8:52am On Apr 25
Natbrowny:

U cant. VN is auto saved. Only picture n videos can be controlled.

U fit visit ur files, WhatsApp. Under voice notes. Delete all.

I do dat weekly to delete VN on my phone..
thank you. !
On iPhone ??
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by bjtinz: 8:53am On Apr 25
To each his own. Personally I prefer VN compared to lengthy chats, particularly when the person is not too literate. It's an added challenge trying to decipher what has been written, so kuku send as voice

3 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by frankmoney(m): 8:53am On Apr 25
Common keep quiet . It's. Very good feature

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

NOVA Y70: Huawei Launches Its Entry-level Phone With The Longest Battery Life / Which Phone Are You Currently Using? / Breaking: Video Calls Are Going Live In Whatsapp. Updated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.