Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention (27744 Views)

Whatsapp Voice Note Is The Best Invention / Whatsapp Is About To Stop Working On Windows And Some Android/ios Phones / [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Saviola86: 9:07am On Apr 25
For me I have no problem listening to VN.

I am used to listening to radio whether using earpod or not.

I even prefer u send me VN than text because VN allows me to listen to you and your expression.

I have no problem with that but I barely send VN because I type so fast and I feel what I needed to tell you via VN I can express myself better with typing but if I choose to send VN to you just know that you are getting a full album because I will pour out my mind completely

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by meedoLock(m): 9:08am On Apr 25
But do you think VN could be as worse as unexpected Video Call? As in, the perpetrator do not want to know if you are naked, on bike or in an utmost awkward state.

What happens to asking before bringing on the video? That's the height of all absurdities for me!! πŸ™„

4 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Ate247(m): 9:09am On Apr 25
OnionBandit:
Sometimes typing can be very boring and stressful, especially when you have a lot to say at once.

Imagine a situation where as a 9-5er working in Lagos, you just returned from work (after beating that Lagos traffic)...and someone important gives you a lengthy chat that can't wait..Omo! Me na VN go solve am o!
Alot of persons use that voice note because the can't spell correctly period.

4 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Silentgroper(m): 9:09am On Apr 25
Nairalander248:

Why send me voice note, I go come play am, come do voice note and respond when you can just do voice call and say what you want to say
na where una deuvgetvam wrong be that .. pesin send you voice note no mean say you gats reply with voice note .. you can reply however you deem fit .. na which one convenient for who naim pesin go use ..

3 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by royalfly(m): 9:09am On Apr 25
Av seen a person who tried to make it look its the most woke thing in the world. Am happy there are still people who reason. Voice not has been abused by dull unintelligent people. The person even shouted about me not been able to send a voice when obviously I was not interested in using it.

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by AZControversial(m): 9:12am On Apr 25
Well, it's OP's opinion.

I love it.....
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by DeLaRue: 9:13am On Apr 25
I think I've only ever received 2 or 3 of this thing called voice note.

I didn't open/listen to any of them. The senders would follow up with a call to ask if I saw their VN. Why not call in the first place

None of my serious contacts has sent me one, and I doubt many in my circle would have the time for it.

Outside of business, I don't even like calling people let alone sending (eww) or listening to a voice note.

Nothing beats a quick text message.

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Jeju: 9:13am On Apr 25
It depends on what you chat with.
Typing is good
VN is good
Whatsapp call is good
If the message is important you won't complain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Silentgroper(m): 9:13am On Apr 25
noobody:
Did you know when you receive a voice note on Whatsapp,
The moment you hit the play button,put the phone to your ear like you want to receive a regular call.
The voice note plays directly from your earpiece and not the speaker.

It was designed to work that way.

Try it today.
yeah that's true ... But it doesn't happen on every phone
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Konquest: 9:14am On Apr 25
dominique:
I thought it was only me that thing annoys grin

It's not a bad invention, it's the way Nigerians use it that is very annoying.
Indeed, Voice Notes are not bad but must be audible and be used to convey brief messages of about 1-2 minutes for me. That's the way the receiver can enjoy receiving your VNs.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Konquest: 9:14am On Apr 25
OnionBandit:
Sometimes typing can be very boring and stressful, especially when you have a lot to say at once.

Imagine a situation where as a 9-5er working in Lagos, you just returned from work (after beating that Lagos traffic)...and someone important gives you a lengthy chat that can't wait..Omo! Me na VN go solve am o!
There are positives and negatives in every invention. VNs are important keys in tech communication especially when done audibly and briefly.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Armanipounds: 9:16am On Apr 25
Macmilla:
What a waste of time.
All of you are not serious. The fact is that anything you chose to chat with me about is not that important and is definitely not urgent. If it were urgent, you will call me. So it means it can wait. That is for those that will cry I took 1hr to respond.
As for how I respond it is my business. If I chat you and you have a lot to say to me, please by all means use a voice note. I really want you to say all you have to say and not give me some shitty summary just because you can't type long. If I can't listen to it, then like I said earlier, it can wait. In our self righteousness, we have forgotten that speech is a much better communication tool that text. The tone of your voice can communicate your feelings and mindset, those things you can not type. There are a lot of things that can be misinterpreted when typed but when said, the intended meaning can not be mistaken.
What would chose? For someone to type "I lv u", or for the same person to record a voice note saying "I love you" in a romantic way. I will definitely choose the later.
So all of you complaining about VN should rest. If you want formal communication, then call. If you choose the informal route, then let the other person choose how he wants it. It must not be your way.
As for the voice noters, try to understand that the dude chatting you up could be lazying around and bored and just needs the chat to while away time. So he wants the chat to be long and if you use VN, you would be cutting the chat short and he doesn't want that. So indulge him if you can.

This is the most responsible comment I have seen on this threads since I woke up.

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Silentgroper(m): 9:16am On Apr 25
Ttipsy:
How can I stop auto download for voice notes on group chat?

I have done the normal way yet it’s still downloading automatically
if you're always on WiFi .. there's nothing you can do about it...

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Silentgroper(m): 9:18am On Apr 25
alabo1:

That is why I loved BB messenger. We can only communicate after PIN exchange. WhatsApp is free for all
but you can only chat on Whatsapp after exchanging numbers ..

What is the difference??
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by sammirano: 9:19am On Apr 25
I dont do it.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by succri(m): 9:20am On Apr 25
People are funny , there is a play button for a reason man , you can ignore and tell the person to type , i dont like vn but i dont fault ppl who sent it , i could always tell them am not in a good plc to.listen type or we talk later ...
If i know you hate something i'll keep sending it , you dont dictate for me ... i love concise massage though
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Akharmony: 9:20am On Apr 25
What have you invented you... Werey pple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Silentgroper(m): 9:20am On Apr 25
Geovanni412:

Your problem is not the voice note

Your problem is you don't like the way the person's voice sounds

Do yourself a favour, record yourself and send a voice note to yourself

If it sounds like a 'frog' voice, it means you have the same problem you are complaining of and if it sounds good, then it means you understand communication skills well

I'd advise anyone whose voice sounds broken on voice notes to take a course on communication; follow Vinh Giang on YouTube and take his course

if to say na woman with Angelic voice, the unku no go complain oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by DaddyGngeess(m): 9:21am On Apr 25
What about those that can't write very well, sometimes most of you think the people that invented things like this are stupid right abeg rest if you don't have what to say this morning , those days I used to hate it too till I met a lot of people that can't write very well both from my family and good friends then I understand why the voice note was added it was a very very good decision,white man no dey craze shall those guys are really smart
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by CaptainJune: 9:21am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:

That's in no way a differing opinion, he doesn't even understand the Crux of the matter; I have entertained alot of comment that are in line with the Op.

"dumbass" is a strong word. You could just have closed your ears to what he said in preference to the strong word used. In my case, I prefer typing as a form of communication using whatsapp, but I wouldn't begrudge anyone the right to their preferred communication style. Voicenote has its uses, so does typing. I understand there are things that can't be expressed through typing where the effect sought may be watered down. That is where voicenote comes in. Just one of pros for voicenote.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Archworld(m): 9:21am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:
I took my time to type a reasonable message to you and all of a sudden you are sending VN to me, do you know if I am in an appropriate place to listen to your frog voice and respond? It just seem selfish and unreasonable.

I normally let the person know about the inappropriateness, but if the person continues; I reply whenever I can.

Out of 100 of VN I do receive on Whatsapp I can bet that I have only listened to 2. And most of the time it depends on how long the voice note is . If you send me 5 minutes VN I will only listen to 5 seconds and move on . If I can't get what you are saying from the 5-10 seconds , you are on your own .

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Abee79(m): 9:24am On Apr 25
If I text a person and they reply with a VN, that's the end of the conversation. Frog voice! πŸ™„πŸ˜πŸ˜
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Entanglement: 9:24am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:
I took my time to type a reasonable message to you and all of a sudden you are sending VN to me, do you know if I am in an appropriate place to listen to your frog voice and respond? It just seem selfish and unreasonable.

I normally let the person know about the inappropriateness, but if the person continues; I reply whenever I can.
which one your papa don invent apart from using JuJu to kill your fellow humans ? undecided
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Dennisochampa: 9:24am On Apr 25
Do u know if I'm in a position to read your "reasonable" message??

All of una go dey think say na only werin una see as good na im make sense...

Learn to accommodate other people's state of comfort

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Soltix9y(m): 9:25am On Apr 25
This generation react way too much on unnecessary stuff. If they send you voice note and you don't want to listen or not in the appropriate place to listen, how about you send a message saying you can't or just block the person if you so much hate voice note.
RickyJesus:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by ojoisimi(m): 9:25am On Apr 25
A person who says that vn on WhatsApp is the worst invention shouldn't be dignified with response(s).

What have you invented in your life to warrant such an attack on a very excellent invention?

People like you are not hard to come by in the society - always trying to dictate how others do things. Empty barrel senario yet you typed 'cruise' instead of 'crux'. So much for your written English πŸ˜‚.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Maj196(m): 9:26am On Apr 25
Which one you don invent. Aproko
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by bravehost4u(m): 9:26am On Apr 25
OnionBandit:

I agree with you 100%

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by babajero(m): 9:26am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:

Voice Note is one of the best things created by WhatsApp, it helps millions of people to communicate through the app.

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Geovanni412(m): 9:27am On Apr 25
Silentgroper:
if to say na woman with Angelic voice, the unku no go complain oo

You understand

Na why guys dey hire women as secretary or sales rep

Some kind voice dey spoil business especially if na calls you need make to secure clients.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by ejieddy: 9:28am On Apr 25
The worst is voice notes in a group... People type their message and you feel you're better than everyone so we should listen to your voice? πŸ˜’πŸ™„
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Silentgroper(m): 9:29am On Apr 25
Geovanni412:

You understand

Na why guys dey hire women as secretary or sales rep

Some kind voice dey spoil business especially if na calls you need make to secure clients.

LMAO grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Which Phone Are You Currently Using? / Breaking: Video Calls Are Going Live In Whatsapp. Updated / Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.