Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention (27742 Views)

Whatsapp Voice Note Is The Best Invention / Whatsapp Is About To Stop Working On Windows And Some Android/ios Phones / [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by ourcrudeoil: 8:53am On Apr 25
People should stop forming what they are not. VN this VN that. Is better for you to unstall the What'sApp.

These people against the VN check their What'sApp messages they have sent alot of VN.

NONSENSE

3 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by alabo1: 8:54am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:

I don't want to even start about the WhatsApp call self, I can only pick WhatsApp call from very few people.

Others you have to take permission so that we schedule a call. Lot of annoying people out there that don't know the meaning of boundary.

That is why I loved BB messenger. We can only communicate after PIN exchange. WhatsApp is free for all
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by bjtinz: 8:54am On Apr 25
Macmilla:
What a waste of time.
All of you are not serious. The fact is that anything you chose to chat with me about is not that important and is definitely not urgent. If it were urgent, you will call me. So it means it can wait. That is for those that will cry I took 1hr to respond.
As for how I respond it is my business. If I chat you and you have a lot to say to me, please by all means use a voice note. I really want you to say all you have to say and not give me some shitty summary just because you can't type long. If I can't listen to it, then like I said earlier, it can wait. In our self righteousness, we have forgotten that speech is a much better communication tool that text. The tone of your voice can communicate your feelings and mindset, those things you can not type. There are a lot of things that can be misinterpreted when typed but when said, the intended meaning can not be mistaken.
What would chose? For someone to type "I lv u", or for the same person to record a voice note saying "I love you" in a romantic way. I will definitely choose the later.
So all of you complaining about VN should rest. If you want formal communication, then call. If you choose the informal route, then let the other person choose how he wants it. It must not be your way.
As for the voice noters, try to understand that the dude chatting you up could be lazying around and bored and just needs the chat to while away time. So he wants the chat to be long and if you use VN, you would be cutting the chat short and he doesn't want that. So indulge him if you can.

For instance this kin long tory, personally I'll prefer as a VN, that way I can be doing other things while listening

#nooffence

3 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Dougad: 8:54am On Apr 25
Omo I don reply you with the voice note na be my own.

If you like listen, if you no like no listen.

I fucking hate typing on phones.

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Stephench: 8:54am On Apr 25
If you hate voice note, it's your issue not theirs.

Nobody hates VN as much as I do and I cringe whenever I receive one - but I know it's my issue and not the issue of the sender. The way you hate listening to voice note is the way someone else hates typing. You expect them to displease themselves to please you? And typing is usually more tedious and time wasting. What if they're very busy?

And those saying they should have called - y'all are too unreasonable and ridiculous. You hate voice notes and like calls? Calls are usually more intrusive and disruptive.

Work on yourself guys like I did. When I receive one, I don't judge the sender for sending one. It's my prerogative to either reply with texts, calls, VN or simply ignore. A lot of the times I don't even listen to the notes.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Jovi10: 8:55am On Apr 25
Me I don't see any big deal in this. At times you'll want to use vn because you're tired of typing or because the mood you're at that point the only way you can pass the message you want to pass is through your voice. Airtime fit no dey and data dey so why not? Everything na understanding, if there's understanding vns won't be an issue. How ever if it's coming from a stranger that's when it can be an issue but from someone close no issues at all. Una too dey carry life matter for head too much, life no suppose hard.

3 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Dougad: 8:55am On Apr 25
OnionBandit:
Sometimes typing can be very boring and stressful, especially when you have a lot to say at once.

Imagine a situation where as a 9-5er working in Lagos, you just returned from work (after beating that Lagos traffic)...and someone important gives you a lengthy chat that can't wait..Omo! Me na VN go solve am o!

Leave them make there dey misyarn

4 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Geovanni412(m): 8:55am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:
I took my time to type a reasonable message to you and all of a sudden you are sending VN to me, do you know if I am in an appropriate place to listen to your frog voice and respond? It just seem selfish and unreasonable.

I normally let the person know about the inappropriateness, but if the person continues; I reply whenever I can.

Your problem is not the voice note

Your problem is you don't like the way the person's voice sounds

Do yourself a favour, record yourself and send a voice note to yourself

If it sounds like a 'frog' voice, it means you have the same problem you are complaining of and if it sounds good, then it means you understand communication skills well

I'd advise anyone whose voice sounds broken on voice notes to take a course on communication; follow Vinh Giang on YouTube and take his course

3 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Stevenbright(m): 8:56am On Apr 25
Inspirer1:
I assume the person is very poor at spelling words, I may be wrong though.

In some cases, this is why some cringe to voice note

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by edogu(m): 8:57am On Apr 25
I get it. But it's not everyone that has the energy to type especially if what need to be typed are many. The VN makes it easier for some.

2 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by dosage150(m): 8:57am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:

I don't want to even start about the WhatsApp call self, I can only pick WhatsApp call from very few people.

Others you have to take permission so that we schedule a call. Lot of annoying people out there that don't know the meaning of boundary.
WhatsApp call is still like a normal call , the only problem we go get is if it is video call

But a normal call ?
It is okay because my data is always on 24/7

I can't remember when last I loaded airtime that much for calls
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Gentlesoul2021(m): 8:57am On Apr 25
But all of these no mean na...
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Geovanni412(m): 8:58am On Apr 25
Stephench:
If you hate voice note, it's your issue not theirs.

Nobody hates VN as much as I do and I cringe whenever I receive one - but I know it's my issue and not the issue of the sender. The way you hate listening to voice note is the way someone else hates typing. You expect them to displease themselves to please you? And typing is usually more tedious and time wasting. What if they're very busy?

And those saying they should have called - y'all are too unreasonable and ridiculous. You hate voice notes and like calls? Calls are usually more intrusive and disruptive.

Work on yourself guys like I did. When I receive one, I don't judge the sender for sending one. It's my prerogative to either reply with texts, calls, VN or simply ignore. A lot of the times I don't even listen to the notes.

The same guy complaining of voice notes

Will be the same guy looking for audiobook of their favourite author

Because the actual book too long to dey read

Problem is not the voice note but the communication skills of the person making them.

3 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by emonis88: 8:58am On Apr 25
Namaster:
I hate that shiit like shiit.

Some people are so STUPID that they'll send you a VN from inside a party venue. Really grinds my gears.

Like if I wanted to hear your frog voice, I'd give you a call. But I don't and that's why I'm texting you.

Whenever someone does that NONSENSE with me, I warn them IMMEDIATELY to never send me a VN. If they persist, I block them and delete their number.

Thought I was the only one that dislikes that shiit.
Na u get sweet voice? Whatsapp is trying to get to everyone both educated n uneducated, n it makes it very easy to use. Dey there dey stress urself for nothing.

5 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Pecoleee345: 8:58am On Apr 25
Ade1177:

People are rude actually then turn around and call the other person unserious

Imagine running a business
And someone just sends you a voicenote while you're trying to reply other msgs

The most annoying is

WhatsApp call from someone you don't know
People just believe they have access to anyone and no need to ask for permission

We are most times guilty of what we accuse others of in this country.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by chino123(m): 9:00am On Apr 25
I don't see anything wrong with voice note not everyone can type and some can be in a tight place that only to drop voice note is convenient....if u don't like it that is your business Oyinbo wey do am get sense pass u wey dey complain 😁

4 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Shollay20(m): 9:00am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:
I took my time to type a reasonable message to you and all of a sudden you are sending VN to me, do you know if I am in an appropriate place to listen to your frog voice and respond? It just seem selfish and unreasonable.

I normally let the person know about the inappropriateness, but if the person continues; I reply whenever I can.
it is because some people don't know how to construct a good sentences.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by myrates: 9:01am On Apr 25
Mercury12:
Una wahala too much. Voice note is just another way of communication.
Exactly, if it doesn't interest you, adopt other alternatives. I don't mind listening to VN but I really don't enjoy sending VN,however,my preference for texting doesn't negate the advantages of VN innovation.

2 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by chatinent: 9:01am On Apr 25
That one doesn't really annoy me.

But you see those ones who'd just started calling you...people who aren't in your contact list?
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by mrkia(m): 9:01am On Apr 25
Of course you may be right but it has its own advantages. One of the advantages I think, is to allow those that can't read and write to also fit in in using android.

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Sweetvie: 9:02am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:

Likeee! It's very annoying. I won't even listen to it. When you're ready to type, then we can continue the conversation.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by mjbaba: 9:03am On Apr 25
The most annoying part of voicenotes for me is that it can't play in the background while I'm doing other things. So if you send me a VN, it automatically means I will suspend all I'm doing to just be listening
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by CaptainJune: 9:03am On Apr 25
RickyJesus:

I like your enthusiasm but I right now my bro I can't deal with dull people.

You don't understand the cruise of the matter but you decided to give your opinion anyway, can't stress myself right now explaining what a dumbass you are. So let's just say you are right to prevent any further back and forth.

Why is your reply caustic to someone who has given no reason for it? You are the thread starter. If differing opinions are an eyesore to you why create the thread in the first place?

4 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by theredaddy: 9:04am On Apr 25
dominique:
I thought it was only me that thing annoys grin

It's not a bad invention, it's the way Nigerians use it that is very annoying.

How do foreigners/whites use VN that is different or better .... these is 2024 get rid of low self esteem

2 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by RickyJesus: 9:04am On Apr 25
superCleanworks:

Crux of the matter
Thanks bro, always thought it was a slang.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by ebunoluwawa: 9:04am On Apr 25
Just like you said, it disgust me too, but I think the reason why some do VN is because of their 'illiteracy' or their literacy level, some can't type correct spelling or to construct simple sentence in English is their problem and they therefore result to doing voice note in the dialect or language they know you understand and they can speak fluently as a saving grace.
Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by pocohantas(f): 9:04am On Apr 25
I don't have an issue with VN.
I have few people on my WhatsApp and they are all people I am close to in one way or the other. They send me VNs and I send too. That is if my hands are busy (during work hours) or I have to explain better. I don't have anyone whose voice irritates me like you have described in your opening post.

7 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by AfDapone: 9:04am On Apr 25
Felabrity:
Imagine you got kidnapped, you texted someone and the werey is sending VN

Then you message the guy again make im no use VN.

2 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by saintmm(m): 9:05am On Apr 25
WhatsApp text and vn are all means of communication.
When initiating a chat with someone, you can notify the person how you want response if you are more comfortable with one over the other.
People have different reasons for their choices.
Personally, I have preference based on my audience, topic and prevailing circumstance on my side and on my receiver's side.
So, I let's just make the most of which ever we are comfortable with.

2 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Natbrowny: 9:06am On Apr 25
Ttipsy:
thank you. !
On iPhone ??

On iPhone?
Boss, i have no idea.

Iphone guys fit help sha. The floor is open

1 Like

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by Lonestar124: 9:06am On Apr 25
OnionBandit:
Sometimes typing can be very boring and stressful, especially when you have a lot to say at once.

Imagine a situation where as a 9-5er working in Lagos, you just returned from work (after beating that Lagos traffic)...and someone important gives you a lengthy chat that can't wait..Omo! Me na VN go solve am o!
Don't mind those people comdemning it...

3 Likes

Re: Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention by RickyJesus: 9:07am On Apr 25
CaptainJune:

Why is your reply caustic to someone who has given no reason for it? You are the thread starter. If differing opinions are an eyesore to you why create the thread in the first place?
That's in no way a differing opinion, he doesn't even understand the Crux of the matter; I have entertained alot of comment that are in line with the Op.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Which Phone Are You Currently Using? / Breaking: Video Calls Are Going Live In Whatsapp. Updated / Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.