Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman (65499 Views)

BetNaija: Lukman Teriba Won ₦16.7M With ₦1,000 Gets Only ₦3M, Cries Out (Photo) / FIFA Confirms Super Eagles As Youngest Squad During 2018 W/cup Qualifiers / Daily Free Bet9ja Booking Codes From Baba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Kento4ken: 3:27pm On Apr 25
At his age going to betting shop why not play online to have peace of mind..
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by BadBradley: 3:27pm On Apr 25
OmihaniFARH:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/04/25/bet9ja-confirms-n3m-as-settlement-for-lukman
Bet9ja bears all damages in this matter as vicarious liability comes to bear.

Bej9ja staff are same as Bet9ja establishment in their official capacity and that was the case when they committed this crime.

The dude who won 16m and collected 3m is a greedy impoverished illiterate

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by diamond68: 3:27pm On Apr 25
obinna58:

Bet9ja gave him the money out of pity, its the agent that stole his money and dude wouldn’t even have gotten any money
see this type of poor primitive thinking that is common place among Nigerians is why japa to civilized country is very beneficial because it opens up your mind and makes you start thinking logically. And I don’t blame you for your ignorance, it’s just your primitive mind on display. The issue here is that the agent works for the company. The man has no business with the agent. The issue here is between the agent and the company. The company should arrest and fire the agent. However the company should pay the man his 16 million. The customer is dealing with an organization called Betnaija which the agent represents. Maybe they should do a better job in hiring trustworthy staff but that’s not the punters business

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by lolu2019: 3:28pm On Apr 25
Freshtruth:
They suppose put tire for that cashier neck
girls are wicked Sha.
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by TechBaron: 3:30pm On Apr 25
obinna58:

Bet9ja gave him the money out of pity, its the agent that stole his money and dude wouldn’t even have gotten any money
So if a bank teller pilfers my money, the bank won't be held responsible?

Do you people even know the relationship between Bet9ja and their agents?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Omoalaji12: 3:30pm On Apr 25
everyone is a scammer lol, mad things. lol, give that man his money, he probably put money on premier league games or USA baseball, those are easier to win

2 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Jogs1900: 3:30pm On Apr 25
Front0lane:
This one na mumu talk
When you win beta it is auto ceeditwd to the wining account instantly.

I'd rather blame the owner of the ticket as he can open a bet9ja account on his phone which cost nothing and needs no verification whatsoever.
Not everybody is as enlightened as you are.
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by mizzyjozywizzy(m): 3:32pm On Apr 25
e dey happen
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Caleycash(m): 3:32pm On Apr 25
OmihaniFARH:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/04/25/bet9ja-confirms-n3m-as-settlement-for-lukman
I won't ever accept that 3 Million until my money is damn complete!, bunch of thieves

4 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Jalaw: 3:32pm On Apr 25
How can there exist two original tickets with same bet ID

1 Like

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by TechBaron: 3:32pm On Apr 25
emperorlaqrin:
You have said it all. I won’t have responded to some comments if I had seen this earlier but the only part I might not agree with you is that part you stated bet9ja are been dubious. My question is how ?

The facts of this mater as already been established which bet9js is not complicit to. In fact they tried to have entered that terms of settlement with the punter which I believed they did same just not to attract public attention on the said case which might taint there business negatively.

We all know most Nigerians only read headlines without trying to look at facts of a situation

Okay I agree, they weren't dubious.

But they took advantage of his greed and ignorance!
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Mohisah: 3:33pm On Apr 25
Jogs1900:
That's a big fraud...Bet9ja office (the agent) that gave the approval should be held for negligence of duty...There should be a verifiable means to know the actual owners of winning tickets.
They even lured him sworn to affidavit to protect the fraudsters "That I have settled with the defendant amicably"
This scam no be small o
Lol not the company's or Agent's fault,

The girl must hv changed d default 1 copy to 2 slip at the time of printing.. D girl must hv a tutor or the boyfriend na g-boy cos it sm hw hard for a girl to tink to dat level of knowin dat if u change the number of printout into 2 slips from the pop-up, that it'll print 2 original files.
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by sucess001(m): 3:33pm On Apr 25
When they say get a lawyer, you won't hear.

The action of the agent binds the principal.

BetNaija has to pay complete.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by prophetic69(m): 3:34pm On Apr 25
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

This story nor clear

If na the cashier fault unto she connive with her boyfriend to play a fast one on the the owner of the ticket

Why bet9ja dey compensate the owner of the ticket with 3 million

Shebi the matter go dey between the cashier and the owner of the ticket...why the owner of ticket and bet9ja go dey reach agreement of 3million

But him self, why he go accept any agreement
Now this case is closed and dead.
maybe he done blow the 3m and, now back to level 0 again.

SAY NO TO GAMBLING

2 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by CheapHomes1: 3:34pm On Apr 25
scam aided by betnaija. am sure betnaija took advantage of the guy's ignorance and maybe illiteracy to wash its hands of the case. how is 3m naira a just and commensurate compensation for a win of 16m naira?
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by VULCAN(m): 3:36pm On Apr 25
I thought weed was good for the brain?

But reading the bolded I realise that it destroys brain cells.

Otherwise when a cashier in your bank steals your money, do you take the cashier to court or the bank?

The cashier represents the bank. That you don't know that is a problem

Your brain cells are damaged

slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

This story nor clear

If na the cashier fault unto she connive with her boyfriend to play a fast one on the the owner of the ticket

Shebi the matter go dey between the cashier and the owner of the ticket...why the owner of ticket and bet9ja go dey reach agreement of 3million

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by CheapHomes1: 3:37pm On Apr 25
Mohisah:
Lol not the company's or Agents fault, this same thing being a Bank cashier, u can't tell if a withdrawal slip filled is being presented bfr ur desk, u may want to dishonor it, but then u put call across to d acc mgr n a call comes in frm d suppose acc owner's number requesting u to grant the cheque.

The girl must hv printed 2 copies instead of one slip, so the system won't print 1 fake copy of the slip. D girl must hv a tutor or the boyfriend na g-boy cos it sm hw hard for a girl to tink to dat level of knowin dat, if u change the number of printout into 2 slips from the pop-up it'll print 2 original files.

Make d law punish d guy well-well cos he's d mastermind.
Make d girl to run sm social punishment for a month.

what are you saying?

1 Like

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by onome25(m): 3:39pm On Apr 25
Xxxylxxxx:

Bet9ja cannot get involved I think it was because the agent is not a big investor. Maybe he is running the business with some thousands of naira. In such case you don't expect bet9ja to get involved because they are not going to pay the money we are talking about 13 million Naira here. About the ticket you talked about, you can reprint any ticket and as a cashier at a bet shop, you can see all running games. When she saw a cash out of 1.7 million Naira that was when she reprinted the ticket and gave it to her boyfriend but the fault is on the shop owner. When your cashier cash out a ticket before you pay out you should request for the ticket and it must be original because when you reprint a ticket it will indicate that the ticket is a reprinted one.
Bros u said it all because I'm an agent in a betting shop( BETKING ).
I can't pay a duplicated ticket...I pay only original tickets.
The truth is bet9ja played a fast one on the innocent punter.
ITS FRAUD FROM THE PART OF BET9JA.BET9JA JUST DECIDED TO SCAM THE POOR GUY.
HONESTLY IM HIGHLY ANGRY THE WAY BET9JA SCAMED ITS OWN PUNTER...
I WISH THE PUNTER CAN BE PAID HIS FULL WINNINGS...
I HAVE PAID BIG BIG WINNINGS IN MY SHOP OF OVER 30 MILLION IN MY BET SHOP IN KADUNA....
WHY WILL I CASH OUT PUNTERS TICKET, ITS CRIMINAL.
PLS BET9JA SHOULD STOP THIS CRIMINAL GAMES ON PUNTERS AS I IN PERSON WITH BETKING WILL NEVER DO SUCH...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by yemmit90: 3:41pm On Apr 25
TechBaron:
Na only you read and understand the story. The remaining commenters above you just follow the story as they heard it on Instagram.

Bet9ja are being dubious!

The punter too is greedy. Why did you accept the full and final settlement of 3m only to return months later to request the balance?

Bet9ja played a smart one on him by asking him to swear an affidavit agreeing to accept 3m as full and final.

If you are not sound on legal matters, always carry better lawyer gum body when going to all these corporate meetings that involve corporate organizations. Most of them, na thief dem be!

That I have settled with the defendant amicably,” said an affidavit dated September 10, 2023, and sworn by Lukman at the Chief Magistrate Court of Lagos shared with GAMING WEEK.

The affidavit suggested that the individual in question had previously resolved their issue with the defendant in an amicable manner after receiving payment. Although it did not expressly state N3 million, the affidavit confirmed he was paid in full without detailing how they reached an amicable agreement.

Have you ever consider the fact that he might not even read the paper given to him before sign it? The guy is broke and desperate at the moment, he probably took the 3m naira in order not to lose out totally.

By reading the whole stuff, bet9ja is the main culprit here. They complied with the said agent and dupe the guy in the name of cashout.

3 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Golan007: 3:41pm On Apr 25
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

This story nor clear

The cashier's team decided to 'compensate l' the real winner.
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:43pm On Apr 25
FutureProfessor:
Good afternoon daddies, mummies, my brothers and sisters on Nairaland.

Please I need your help.

My name is Olaoluwa. I am 32 and an O-Level holder. I had a car accident last year, lost my job, and became jobless for months.

Please help me; I am seriously hungry. The last time I ate was Monday evening, and it was my remaining garri that I drank. I have not eaten any other food since Monday evening other than the water that I have been drinking to gain some strength. I can no longer endure the hunger; my body is starting to shake. Please, my people, I am really sorry for begging, but it is just that I am starving to death. Please, someone should help me with something to eat, no matter the amount. I don't mind. I will always appreciate you. I am starving. I know things are very hard these days. Anything you have to spare, I would really appreciate.

I live at No. 26, Osuolale Street, Bode Olude, Ita-Elega, Abeokuta, Ogun State.

If you live near me, please invite me for lunch; I am dying of hunger. May you never lack the good things in life. Please have mercy on me and help me.

My phone number is 0 7 0 1 8 9 7 4 5 8 3

Please help me with any amount; #600 will do a lot for me at this time.

Please, my bank details are:

Access Bank PLC
0 0 2 4 8 6 9 3 2 3
My name is Olaoluwa

I want to sell my Vivo V3.

Price: 20k

Please buy my phone if you live close to my street or Bode Olude in Abeokuta. I need to buy food. I am beginning to feel pain in my stomach.

The only time I've ever not been mad with a begging post.

You'll survive, brother.
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by francotunsco: 3:43pm On Apr 25
This is another reason people should run away from these fraudsters! You barely win and when you win, you are duped! what a shame! SHme to people queueing presently in their shops presently to play.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by aestake: 3:43pm On Apr 25
FutureProfessor:

Please I need your help.

My name is Olaoluwa. I am 32 and an O-Level holder. I had a car accident last year, lost my job, and became jobless for months.

Please help me; I am seriously hungry. The last time I ate was Monday evening, and it was my remaining garri that I drank. I have not eaten any other food since Monday evening other than the water that I have been drinking to gain some strength. I can no longer endure the hunger; my body is starting to shake. Please, my people, I am really sorry for begging, but it is just that I am starving to death. Please, someone should help me with something to eat, no matter the amount. I don't mind. I will always appreciate you. I am starving. I know things are very hard these days. Anything you have to spare, I would really appreciate.

If you live near me, please invite me for lunch; I am dying of hunger. May you never lack the good things in life. Please have mercy on me and help me.

Access Bank PLC
0 0 2 4 8 6 9 3 2 3
My name is Olaoluwa

Please buy my phone if you live close to my street or Bode Olude in Abeokuta. I need to buy food. I am beginning to feel pain in my stomach.
Tinubu on your mandate we shall stand.
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by lomprico(m): 3:44pm On Apr 25
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

This story nor clear

Betnaija hands no clean, they too wan cheat the guy.
No be only 1.7 the cashier and her boyfriend claim?
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by callmevirus(m): 3:45pm On Apr 25
FutureProfessor:

Please I need your help.

Access Bank PLC
0 0 2 4 8 6 9 3 2 3
My name is Olaoluwa

You better look for what to do this format don cast since

3 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by yemmit90: 3:46pm On Apr 25
Golan007:

The cashier's team decided to 'compensate l' the real winner.

They probably team up with the said agent, no one compensate a game that have been cash out. Companies including banks will never compensate or give you a listening ear if the faults is not from them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by slowice(m): 3:49pm On Apr 25
Bet9ja is being smart by half... The agent works for them so it's their problem to solve..... But paying the guy just 3m out of 16m is Wickedness, that not settlement at all.
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Golan007: 3:49pm On Apr 25
yemmit90:

They probably team up with the said agent, no one compensate a game that have been cash out. Companies including banks will never compensate or give you a listening ear if the faults is not from them.

The cashier's team in trying to kill the case sent him the money.
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Xxxylxxxx: 3:49pm On Apr 25
onome25:

Bros u said it all because I'm an agent in a betting shop( BETKING ).
I can't pay a duplicated ticket...I pay only original tickets.
The truth is bet9ja played a fast one on the innocent punter.
ITS FRAUD FROM THE PART OF BET9JA.BET9JA JUST DECIDED TO SCAM THE POOR GUY.
HONESTLY IM HIGHLY ANGRY THE WAY BET9JA SCAMED ITS OWN PUNTER...
I WISH THE PUNTER CAN BE PAID HIS FULL WINNINGS...
I HAVE PAID BIG BIG WINNINGS IN MY SHOP OF OVER 30 MILLION IN MY BET SHOP IN KADUNA....
WHY WILL I CASH OUT PUNTERS TICKET, ITS CRIMINAL.
PLS BET9JA SHOULD STOP THIS CRIMINAL GAMES ON PUNTERS AS I IN PERSON WITH BETKING WILL NEVER DO SUCH...
But bro I'm sorry to correct you if I understand you correctly. The fault is not on the company ( bet9ja ) because company didn't deny the winning. When the game was still running, the cash out on it as at that time was 1.7 and from the bet shop, a cash out request was made and it was granted. So, company really did pay out. It was between the cashier and the customer. But the bit fault is on the shop owner because you know if something go wrong, you will be held responsibility for it. You shouldn't just released 1.7 pay without verifying the ticket. The punter made a mistake, he should have go directly to EFCC and they will recover his money for him in full.

3 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by myweb(m): 3:49pm On Apr 25
FutureProfessor:

Please I need your help.

Access Bank PLC
0 0 2 4 8 6 9 3 2 3
My name is Olaoluwa

SO YOU STILL NEVER SELL THIS PHONE

SEE FORMAT!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Oscarb7539: 3:50pm On Apr 25
best way to play bet9ja is online with ur phone

2 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Gggjhhj: 3:50pm On Apr 25
shoodboi2:
This is a stain to Bet9ja. If the dude won a game, then he should be paid.

How is it possible that two original tickets were printed? That's funny and scammy. Bet9ja is only trying to not get involved even though it should.

This should be a red flag to those of you who bet. Better keep your money or find some more trustworthy platform.

You can always print your ticket Incase you misplaced your ticket. The cashier had checked running tickets and saw a game of cashout of 1.7million.

What the girl did was telling her oga someone wants to cash out as a running ticket hoping the game would cut, she need to present somebody to receive funds reason she involved her bf

The OGA on the oda hand may have just received the coupon code and cashed it out without verification, it happens alot
The girl is the masterminder of the whole shit

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lionel Messi And Antonella Roccuzzo's Wedding Photos / Lionel Messi Shows Off Customized Adidas Game Of Thrones Trainers (Photos) / McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.