Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday (3109 Views)

A Suspect Traveling From Benin To Abuja, Arrested With Five Pistols (video) / My Terrible Experience With Mopol Officers At Benin Ore-asaba Road. / ‘SARS Stopped Us On Our Way To Ilorin, Pulled Out My Bras & Pants..’ – Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Meteng: 8:43am On Apr 26
The number of hardened criminals in Onitsha far outweighs the number of normal people there

2 Likes

Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Curious345: 8:51am On Apr 26
DeepThroater:
Anambra is by far the most evil and most crime ridden state in Nigeria.

Onistha takes the cake as the most dangerous place on earth filled to the brim with cannibals, ritualists, armed robbers and kidnappers.
i'm from Anambra and I can safely tell you that Lagos has more security issues than Anambra

1 Like

Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Curious345: 8:52am On Apr 26
In some situations , going tribal is the only solution
SEGLIZ:
why not face the issue at hand than go tribal and tribal batching. I have every reason to believe those involved in this case on hand aren't Yórùbá but Igbo.
not every Yórùbá or Igbo folks are like you guys. who tribe help? tribal lords are up there looting the past, present and future of this nation, yet you are here claiming tribal bigot.
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by AmuDimpka: 8:54am On Apr 26
damilola4162:
I had a terrible experience yesterday, while traveling from Onitsha to Ore, Ondo state. I got to very big park to book for a vehicle in Upper Iweka and after I made payment for the supposed conductor of the vehicle. I discovered that the Vehicle had passenger traveling to both Lagos and Ilorin, I was shocked.

I then became curious, because I know this route very well. With anger, I asked the driver and the people loading the vehicle, how they will go through Ilorin to Lagos and vice versa. They didn't answer me, I continue yelling at them, then they called me to one corner. I then explain the route to them, another elderly man in the vehicle also explained to them.

They gave us our money but deducted 5,000 each from both of us and told us to leave without letting others know. I was about to go and tell a woman who carried about 6 months baby to find her way but they restrained me from going to talk to her.

I don't understand why these people are so wicked, this happened at Upper Iweka, in Onitsha yesterday. What is the government of Anambra doing about this problem because i was told that's how motor park used to do.

I have attached the picture of the number plate of the vehicle below.
I am an Igbo but I hate entering buses at Onitsha. ..those guys are terrible

Just go to Asaba end and enter ...Ike Ndi nticha.... That city is touts infested

1 Like

Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by AmuDimpka: 8:57am On Apr 26
Curious345:
i'm from Anambra and I can safely tell you that Lagos has more security issues than Anambra
I am from Anambra and I live in Lagos trust me when I tell you that sometimes I forget to lock my fakt doors amd we sleep ! My car window has been down severally no stealing

I don't even have burglarproof at my door...nwanne Lagos is safe ! Depending on where you live

Nwanne rapu okwu! Onitsha aburo ya! It's my state but the level of criminality is high there...I am always scared coming back home I hate stopping at Onitsha

4 Likes

Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Curious345: 9:04am On Apr 26
Everywhere is not safe . The weak are always idiots and Victims of these primary school crimes ..
But if you're strong you can defend yourself against the evil around you .
AmuDimpka:
I am from Anambra and I live in Lagos trust me when I tell you that sometimes I forget to lock my fakt doors amd we sleep ! My car window has been down severally no stealing

I don't even have burglarproof at my door...nwanne Lagos is safe ! Depending on where you live

Nwanne rapu okwu! Onitsha aburo ya! It's my state but the level of criminality is high there...I am always scared coming back home I hate stopping at Onitsha

1 Like

Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Gustavowhite(m): 9:06am On Apr 26
damilola4162:
You are unreasonable, you people use humans for sacrifice more.
I think you mistake me for a Yoruba
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by AmuDimpka: 9:10am On Apr 26
Curious345:
Everywhere is not safe . The weak are always idiots and Victims of these primary school crimes ..
But if you're strong you can defend yourself against the evil around you .
maybe you live in Onitsha ...me I don't and I hate that city especially the Upper Iweka ...Owerri Road axis

They call themselves Ndi Nticha or Ndi Mpianya...I hate that city

2 Likes

Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Classcaptain1(m): 9:15am On Apr 26
DeepThroater:

The most savage place on earth is your SE and Onistha is by far the worse.

I have been to Onistha severally and I know what I am talking about.

That place is filled with hardened criminals ready to pounce on anyone at anytime of the day.
Lmao....This guy mean these people today sha. Laff Don nearly kee me.
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Jakumo(m): 9:16am On Apr 26
DeepThroater:

Onistha takes the cake as the most dangerous place on earth filled to the brim with cannibals, ritualists, armed robbers and kidnappers.

Haha that offender list defines my high school reunion party haha
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by BalticGold: 9:58am On Apr 26
It happened to me too. I was going to Umuohia and the conductor show me a bus, l paid him and went inside and ask one of the passenger how much he was charged and he mentioned a certain amount to Oilmill in PH. I was shocked, when down and demanded for my money, they said no refund after payment. I just plainly told him that if he does not refund my money that was the last day he will work in that park. After much dragging they took me to one corner and refund my money claiming that l want to spoil business for them.
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by YoshihideSuga: 10:19am On Apr 26
damilola4162:

Foolish talk, I was in Abakaliki in the early hours of yesterday. The people there are the best set of people in the whole South East. I met a stranger who help me with the car that took me to Onitsha. After I highlighted from the car I was taken by someone agbero. Please what's my gain. I will snap the ticket of the bus and post later. I am in Asaba now as I type this comment.

Bashes Anambra (Peter Obi's state), then goes to praise Ebonyi (APC controlled).. I'm sure your reply will be how an imolite gave you water while an Abian spat at you.

Waisu, we know these tricks. No be today yansh dey back.

2 Likes

Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by damilola4162(m): 10:54am On Apr 26
YoshihideSuga:

Bashes Anambra (Peter Obi's state), then goes to praise Ebonyi (APC controlled).. I'm sure your reply will be how an imolite gave you water while an Abian spat at you.

Waisu, we know these tricks. No be today yansh dey back.

Must you politicize everything, use your brain 🧠.

1 Like

Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Oracleee: 11:09am On Apr 26
Antivirus92:
my friend go and sit down!
Lagos is indeed learning. Because other people don't whine like you guys. Deaths, serious injuries, bullying have been experienced by many Igbo people in the hands of Lagos Yoruba agberos, people don't complain doesn't mean they don't happen. You people already have a fixed mindset about the east and her people - a negative mindset. So anything u experienced in the east serves as a validation to that mindset whereas your people do worse in your region and others don't whine and complain like you.

The moment you igbos stop the playing the victim card the better for y'all. There you go again with the victim card. Never accepting your faults but finding who to blame. Have a great day.

1 Like

Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Oracleee: 11:15am On Apr 26
Beverlyjean:

Everyday in lagos...traffic robbers / Agberos, harrass motorists , stealing from them and robbing them... agberos will harrass people that wanna use the pedestrian bridge and force them to pay b4 crossing, one chance is the order of the day in lagos , alot of local parks in lagos team up with ritualists to drive passenfers to their den .... Everyday, people get missing in lagos ....the number of darkspots in lagos is astronomic .... and u are here talking about onitsha .... people wey make sense de talk ....skull miners follow de talk

How many times in Lagos have you gotten to Berger and you want to take bus to iyana ipaja but the driver and touts reroute you with force and coercion that you must go to ketu first? Crime isn't based on a particular tribe but then igbos go too defensive and play the victim card when the anomalies in their region are pointed out. If you are going to ikeja ikorodu and mistakenly take a fare to ketu, danfo conductor fit para for you that one no mean e no go show you road.

I can tell a little boy to come to Lagos and take bus from anywhere to any destination of choice but I will be mad and crazy if I try the same thing in onitsha as the boy can be rerouted to umuahia. Call a spade a spade and drop the victim card. Lagos is a learner with the crime rate in onitsha. We just don't have many yorubas and hausas in onitsha to report how bad things are.

No one who goes to onitsha for the first time or pass through won't have a bitter tale to tell.

1 Like

Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Oracleee: 11:19am On Apr 26
damilola4162:

Must you politicize everything, use your brain 🧠.

Political miscreats and brains don't go well in same context.
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Gustavowhite(m): 11:52am On Apr 26
AmuDimpka:

You are comparing Onitsha with the whole of Lagos,can you go to Ajegunle,Mushin,Oshodi,mile 12 etc and sleep with your doors open
In Oshodi,you have to wind up your car windows,if you car door is open,they snatch your phone from your car and if you chase them they will gather and beat you up

You sound like those people who entered Lagos last/two years ago,you can’t even take a walk in Ketu/mile 12 Lagos in broad daylight without loosing your valuables

1 Like

Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by mrcrabs(m): 12:20pm On Apr 26
upper iweka na their normal level be that.

the truth is that 70 of people in that bus were all in on the act. you will be surprised that even the pregnant woman is among them too grin grin grin grin, upper iweka is a very wild place. next time go to asaba head bridge to enter bus from there its safer that way
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Rexymania(m): 12:47pm On Apr 26
How can they deduct 5000 from you? You dey whine/
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Rexymania(m): 12:48pm On Apr 26
AmuDimpka:

When you tell them the truth, they think you're anti Igbo
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Koppaguard: 12:59pm On Apr 26
Obviously the government has turned a blind eye on them, my experience in that park last year while going for youth service was a bitter one, no place is safe in that upper Iweka side, if not that I stood my ground, I would have paid transport twice for a trip to Bauchi. Avoid that area if you love yourself.
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Bongadu: 1:15pm On Apr 26
Any FRSC official should help track that vehicle and post the driver details here make we see
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Madups(m): 3:30pm On Apr 26
These guys are just giving igbos bad name.
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Madups(m): 3:30pm On Apr 26
These onitsha people are just giving igbos bad name.
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Bintabisiriyu2: 3:33pm On Apr 26
robinso01:
That's a normal thing to them at upper iweka to asaba park. I could remember the day I boarded ore bus there, in which the bus was said to be going to Lagos also, only for the bus to get filled and all the passengers were sent out after money have been collected from us. The driver and the agberos there told us that if we really want to board the bus, we must pay another money again. Come and see people crying, these people refused to pay us back or carry us for the first money paid. I have to pay another money because they didn't even release our bag to us then.
Since then, I no dey take bus for that side again, I go carry mini bus reach after asaba to carry bus. Once bitten, twice shy.
Once beaten, not bitten
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Bintabisiriyu2: 3:35pm On Apr 26
DeepThroater:

Naakogheri, Have you been to all the states in Nigeria before you came to this conclusion, nkita riforo gi nsi ebe ahu.
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Etosha: 3:45pm On Apr 26
I had the worst experience of criminal behavior in onitsha... Very nonsense place.
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by Sapasenator: 4:25pm On Apr 26
Curious345:

I am from Anambra too and I disagree with your assertions above.

OP gave his real life account and we all went tribal.
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by AmuDimpka: 5:21pm On Apr 26
Rexymania:

When you tell them the truth, they think you're anti Igbo
I am pure igbo from Anambra ..eziokwu Ka m na ekwu

Onitsha touts are on another level

1 Like

Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by AmuDimpka: 5:22pm On Apr 26
Madups:
These onitsha people are just giving igbos bad name.
Onitsha touts and they are gateway to Igbo

Any attitude these idiots in Onitsha behave they will think that it's how all Igbo are and funny enough many of these touts are from Asaba, Ebonyi etc but grew up in Onitsha
Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by DeepThroater: 5:32pm On Apr 26
Bintabisiriyu2:

Naakogheri, Have you been to all the states in Nigeria before you came to this conclusion, nkita riforo gi nsi ebe ahu.
O
S
U

1 Like

Re: I Had A Terrible Experience While Traveling From Onitsha To Ilorin Yesterday by DeepThroater: 5:34pm On Apr 26
AmuDimpka:
Onitsha touts and they are gateway to Igbo

Any attitude these idiots in Onitsha behave they will think that it's how all Igbo are and funny enough many of these touts are from Asaba, Ebonyi etc but grew up in Onitsha

Banza.

They are from your cursed Anambra and imo state.

Ebonyi people are hardworking and not into crime .

How you even claim they are Delta Ibos shows how evil you are.

Dmerciful , you that used to claim Delta Ibo , shey you see how they will throw you under the bus like they did Nzeagwu.

Dey follow these cretins from across the Niger .

But we both know you are either a foolish Nzeagwu incarnate or an Anambra/Imo/Abia Ibo.

The worst of the worst being Anambra cannibals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

18+ VIDEO: See What Secondary School Girls Are Busy Doing In Hostel / Mac P Dawg Dead - Rapper Mac P Dawg Shot To Death - He Died In LA / I Spent N1m, Sleeping With Two Prostitutes Daily, For One Month – Kidnap Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.