Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa (27581 Views)

Celestial Church Members Claim Late Rev Samuel Oshoffa 'Visited' During Service / Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by JuanDeDios: 9:20pm On Apr 29
Image123:

i stay where the Bible stays, simple. If the Bible doesn't give what you call a strict construction for prophet, who am i to? Who is a prophet? Was John the baptist a prophet? Was Abraham a prophet? Probably not in the sense that people understand. But God called him a prophet, so why should i say otherwise?
When did prophets become the standard for polygamy?
Abraham's son was Isaac. If Oshoffa's son thinks he's a prophet because they called his father one. Why should we exclude Isaac the son of prophet Abraham?
John the Baptist did the work of a prophet. Abraham was not a prophet in the classic sense. I mean, all the patriarchs before Moses (Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Job, etc.) were all priests since they performed animal sacrifices on behalf of their families. But they weren't necessarily prophets. Abraham, while not a classic, crusading prophet like Moses, Elijah or Isaiah, heard from God REGULARLY and was shown future events. So if we abandon a strict construction and take on an expanded definition, Abraham was a prophet. Isaac, however, was not. Unless I'm missing something, there's no biblical basis to say a prophet's son is a prophet. Moses's children certainly weren't designated as prophets.

Yes, prophets aren't the standard for conduct for Christians (only Jesus is) but they do serve as examples. Just like Paul, James and others. I think the idea of referring to them is that if they did something and God didn't condemn them for it, it means God didn't have a problem with it. Sounds reasonable.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On Apr 29
siant:
■ Here you are. You digress in a bit to cunningly looking for a way to escape from this. No way. Do you think you are conversing with an ignorant. Of all the questions thrown to you , you fail to explain any, instead you keep babbling.
■ According to you, Paul did not heed to Agabus, simply because he was not a prophet like the prophets of old? The same Agabus who predicted there would be famine, and the whole church heeded to the warning, before the prediction came to pass. You may keep fooling yourselves among the members of your cult-like sect, not the knowledgeable Christians.
There were prophets, there are prophets, and there will be prophets till Christ returns. You may choose to continue living in delusion. That's your own cup of tea
1. No digressing as you refuse to answer even a single question to this point so I felt it best to narrow the scope to at least the one you paid some attention to is all. undecided

2. I asked you a question but I see you are instead interested in reading my mind rather than broaching the question still. undecided

Again, Why didn't Paul regard Agabus and the other prophets the same way he would have the Prophets of Old or even Jesus Christ? Why? There is a reason why Paul who did acknowledge that God had made some prophets in the last days, refused to heed the warnings of the same prophets. undecided
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Apr 29
JuanDeDios:
Yes, prophets aren't the standard for conduct for Christians (only Jesus is) but they do serve as examples. Just like Paul, James and others. I think the idea of referring to them is that if they did something and God didn't condemn them for it, it means God didn't have a problem with it. Sounds reasonable.
Those men were not prophets in Jesus Christ, I am afraid. undecided
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Denko2721987(m): 10:22pm On Apr 29
Goodlady:

Ya problems ll be limited If you marry one wife

Men mostly arent the problems with polygamy, its the usual suspects who will be instigating unnecessary jealousy, envy strife and hate between her kids and kids of other wives. That usual suspect is women
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Goodlady(f): 10:23pm On Apr 29
Denko2721987:

Men mostly arent the problems with polygamy, its the usual suspects who will be instigating unnecessary jealousy, envy strife and hate between her kids and kids of other wives. That usual suspect is women
God ll forgive you.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by SlavaUkraini: 10:26pm On Apr 29
BodyCount:

Oloriburuku werey ọmọ irankiran
Let me tell your family history
Your mother is oloriburuku OLOSHO, a street dog. If you doubt, go ask your drunkard old fôol father if he married her as a virgin.
You are a bastard son of a WHORÉ, a mistake of a broken condom from a thousand fathers.
It will never be well with you and your entire lineage.
Oloriburuku ọmọ irankiran.

Oloriburuku.... Idiot

You are nothing but a Stupid Animalistic Buffon...

The next time you see your Ashawo Mama tell her that my dog 🐕🐕🐕 says hi....

Your Ashawo Mama is a regular customer to my dog and every other dog in my neighborhood....

My dog slept with your Ashawo Mama 2 days ago and she was screaming like the total prostitute that she is....

She confessed to my dog that she would never had slept with your animal father, if she had met my dog years ago....

Your Ashawo Mama even promised to marry my dog...

because the sucking, lickings and Fûcking she is getting from my dog is far better than the 2 minutes action of your Impotent animal father...

So very soon, my dog 🐕🐕🐕 would be your new Step Father

Death to you .... A foolish animal.

Untimely death to you and your entire generation...

Death to Islam and every supporter of Terrorism..

Oloriburuku.... Idiot
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by SlavaUkraini: 10:28pm On Apr 29
omobolarinwa1:

Your act reward is awaited you in the grave and day of judgement you will surely received your compensation of your good and bad deeds. Enjoy your tantrum while its last in days week month years to come.

Your own reward awaits you in your grave.... Very soon
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by JuanDeDios: 10:29pm On Apr 29
Kobojunkie:
Those men were not prophets in Jesus Christ, I am afraid. undecided
undecided
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Kobojunkie: 10:55pm On Apr 29
JuanDeDios:
undecided
There are no prophets except Jesus Christ in the Kingdom of God. Jesus Christ is the last prophet anointed by YHWH and sent to the people of Israel. undecided
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by siant: 10:59pm On Apr 29
Kobojunkie:
1. No digressing as you refuse to answer even a single question to this point so I felt it best to narrow the scope to at least the one you paid some attention to is all. undecided

2. I asked you a question but I see you are instead interested in reading my mind rather than broaching the question still. undecided

Again, Why didn't Paul regard Agabus and the other prophets the same way he would have the Prophets of Old or even Jesus Christ? Why? There is a reason why Paul who did acknowledge that God had made some prophets in the last days, refused to heed the warnings of the same prophets. undecided
Paul said he was not afraid of the arrest in Jerusalem and even ready to die for Christ. Didn't the prediction come to pass as predicted by Agabus? Was Paul not arrested when got to Jerusalem?
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Kobojunkie: 11:01pm On Apr 29
siant:
■ Paul said he was not afraid of the arrest in Jerusalem and even ready to die for Christ. Didn't the prediction come to pass as predicted by Agabus? Was Paul not arrested when got to Jerusalem?
It did come to pass but why did Paul not bother with the prediction is the question. And it was not just one prophet. Several people a lot of prophets showed up with predictions for Paul. This prediction was meant as a warning for Paul but Paul went ahead and allowed it to come to pass anyway. Why was the prophecy of no value to Paul? There is a reason behind that. undecided
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 6:46am On Apr 30
drlateef:

In other words you imply that Jesus condemned polygamy practiced by prophets before him. Yet jesus said he had not come to condemn the laws and previous prophets. Your error is by universally applying a simple statement of behaviour, not polygamy. Polygamy is not a behaviour and in the context that Jesus used that sentence, he was not referring to polygamy. Your interpretation of that statement is faulty and wrong.

See Deviation! Now you see that Jesus did condemn polygamy and now you have switched it to prophets practicing polygamy and condemning Law, because you cannot answer.

Was Jesus' speaking to prophets when He answered up there?

Or which prophet in the bible did you see polygamize? And where did you see Jesus condemn the prophet.

You have nothing to say for you already know what is good and evil and The Judgment of God and you cannot lie or deceive God!
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Monday60655(m): 6:47am On Apr 30
thesicilian:

So now you're presuming that I do not have understanding of the scriptures because we do not seem to agree on the same things? Great

I didn't categorically say so. But I was prompted to quote you based on your initial comment.
But if you think so, Bible said in Proverb 23:7a; As he thinketh in his heart so is he
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by BodyCount: 7:09am On Apr 30
SlavaUkraini:

My mother is a useless ugly old hag olosho
My father is a drunkard old fôol [/b]
Oloriburuku.... Idiot

You are nothing but a Stupid Animalistic Buffon...

The next time you see your Ashawo Mama tell her that my dog 🐕🐕🐕 says hi....

Your Ashawo Mama is a regular customer to my dog and every other dog in my neighborhood....

My dog slept with your Ashawo Mama 2 days ago and she was screaming like the total prostitute that she is....

She confessed to my dog that she would never had slept with your animal father, if she had met my dog years ago....

Your Ashawo Mama even promised to marry my dog...

because the sucking, lickings and Fûcking she is getting from my dog is far better than the 2 minutes action of your Impotent animal father...

So very soon, my dog 🐕🐕🐕 would be your new Step Father

Death to you .... A foolish animal.

Untimely death to you and your entire generation...

Death to Islam and every supporter of Terrorism..

[b]Oloriburuku.... Idiot
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 7:17am On Apr 30
otipoju:

When David was condemned by God for killing Uriah...he was told that "I gave you you masters wives...if you wanted more, I would have given you."

See, you refused to answer the question on Deuteronomy 17:17 like the others before you in my thread!
https://www.nairaland.com/8032594/deuteronomy-17-17-shows-god#128966884

Also in my.thread i answered

if God truly had given David people's wives, then why would God still go ahead and accuse him of taking someone's wife?

otipoju:

Paul was not a lawyer. Stop saying B.S. He learned the Torah under Gamaliel just like an aspiring Reverend today would learn the Old Testament scriptures

Google answers
At age thirteen Saul was sent to Israel to learn from a rabbi named Gamaliel, under whom Saul mastered Jewish history, the Psalms, and the works of the prophets. His education would continue for five or six years, and then Saul went on to become a lawyer.

otipoju:

And who said Lawyers prove truth and lies? Don't make me laugh. A lot of you are the most dishonest bunch of human beings that were ever created.

Most of you look for loop holes in events and arguments to create doubt and let the guilty go scotsfree and have little or no regard for the truth...as long as you get paid for twisting the truth.

In all these actions, is it not a case of someone is lying and someone is saying the Truth, which is what The Judge has to judge between the lawyer's cases?

otipoju:

Who you want dey impress?

From the abundance of the heart
So you obvioisly gave your qualification because you were trying to impress and intimidate me and here was i thinking that you were a great expert on these matters so that i should know what i am up against in going against you, and so i answered back that i could take you on.

And now you have gone beserk and res ipsa loquitur occurs.

No vex, hunkle know it all. Thank God, The Mighty and The Most Justest Judge dey come judge all dese rubbish wey people dey do and dose wey dey go everlasting prison of Fire, dem know already!
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 7:18am On Apr 30
Caleycash:
Lol... you no get talk again!

Why i go talk again wen talk don finish?
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by siant: 7:29am On Apr 30
Kobojunkie:
It did come to pass but why did Paul not bother with the prediction is the question. And it was not just one prophet. Several people a lot of prophets showed up with predictions for Paul. This prediction was meant as a warning for Paul but Paul went ahead and allowed it to come to pass anyway. Why was the prophecy of no value to Paul? There is a reason behind that. undecided
What reason? And the verse where the reason stata?
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by thesicilian: 8:43am On Apr 30
Monday60655:

I didn't categorically say so. But I was prompted to quote you based on your initial comment.
But if you think so, Bible said in Proverb 23:7a; As he thinketh in his heart so is he
I can see it's only popularly quoted bible verses that you know. As a man thinketh in his heart so is he is one of the most quoted verses by pastors. Probably indicating that you hardly read your bible yourself, but only wait for your pastor to read and interpret for you.
In a way this also puts to bed my wonder why you'd doubt that God lives in me (or you) : obviously you have never come across Ephesians 2:22 or 1 Corinthians 3:16.
I think you should spend more time with your bible than you do with Nairaland, or even with church. Church goers will not make heaven, only people who have the word of God in them.

PS: it was nice talking to you, but I'm not sure I want to keep doing so.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by djseanjohn77: 8:57am On Apr 30
God1000:

Okay, maybe you should read Ephesians 5:31 for more understanding and clarification

Yes the Old Testament allows polygamy but doesn’t encourage it, the New Testament on the other hand emphasized more on one man -one wife

Is it the same New Testament that the whites chose to select the books that suit their ideology? In Isaiah 4: 1, the prophet prophesied into the future of a time when 7 women will cleave unto 1 man. The time is gradually before us, and we are distracted by the incessant ideology of monogamist.
The same people that will take Paul word for it to support women view would openly condemn his word where he said women should cover their heads and dress moderately. That's selective amnesia. In 2 Sam, God himself told David, if he had wanted more, all he needed was ask, and he shall receive. Christianity came from Judaism (old testament), It was in 1100 AD that a Jewish Rabbi introduced monogamy to Judaism, but till date, they still practiced it. This happened after they returned from captivity in Babylon, the Rabbi agreed that they inculcate the practice of their captor which tend to protect women more, as men were divorcing the women of Jew without issuing them a divorce letter which utomatically means they could not remarry. Monogamy was introduced to Christianity in the first century AD by the Roman Empire. The books that were selected to be part of the bible.
The Bible was assembled during the famous Council of Nicea in 325 C.E., when Emperor Constantine and church authorities purportedly banned problematic books that didn't conform to their secret agenda. In the form of theological treatises, letters and church histories that have survived for millennia — points to a much longer process of canonization. From the first through the fourth centuries and beyond, different church leaders and theologians made arguments about which books belonged in the canon, often casting their opponents as heretics.
In that Isaiah 4;1-2 It was God speaking, and verse too highlighted how beautiful it would be in that future.

In fact, there was a specific instruction, exclusive one in the Old Test to Kings, yet God made an exception with David. he gave his masters wife to him in addition to his own wives.....and David went on spree. Deuteronomy 17:17 Furthermore, he must not marry many wives lest his affections turn aside, and he must not accumulate much silver and gold.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by StillDtruth: 9:43am On Apr 30
God1000:

Okay, maybe you should read Ephesians 5:31 for more understanding and clarification

Yes the Old Testament allows polygamy but doesn’t encourage it, the new testament on the other hand emphasized more on one man -one wife

Old testament
Deuteronomy 17:17
Neither shall he multiply wives to himself"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by StillDtruth: 9:48am On Apr 30
djseanjohn77:

In fact, there was a specific instruction, exclusive one in the Old Test to Kings, yet God made an exception with David. he gave his masters wife to him in addition to his own wives.....and David went on spree. .

Query!

People say God gave david wives then why would God then accuse David of taking someone's wife?
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by StillDtruth: 10:17am On Apr 30
Denko2721987:

How can a reasonable man carry coals into his bossom and not be burnt?
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by SlavaUkraini: 10:32am On Apr 30
BodyCount:

I am a useless Oloriburuku werey ọmọ irankiran
This is my useless family history

My stupid mother is an oloriburuku OLOSHO,

She is a worthless street dog 🐕 🐕 and a frustrated prostitute..

If you doubt, go and ask the drunkard old fôol that calls himself my father if he married her as a virgin.

I am a shameless bastard son of a WHORÉ,

a mistake of a broken condom from a thousand fathers.

It will never be well with me and my entire lineage.

I Bodycount, am a Oloriburuku ọmọ irankiran.

E nor go better for me and my generation..

E nor go better for Islamic Terrorist and their Sympathizers worldwide...

But it shall always be well with Slavaukraini and every Christian worldwide
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Monday60655(m): 10:48am On Apr 30
thesicilian:

I can see it's only popularly quoted bible verses that you know. As a man thinketh in his heart so is he is one of the most quoted verses by pastors. Probably indicating that you hardly read your bible yourself, but only wait for your pastor to read and interpret for you.
In a way this also puts to bed my wonder why you'd doubt that God lives in me (or you) : obviously you have never come across Ephesians 2:22 or 1 Corinthians 3:16.
I think you should spend more time with your bible than you do with Nairaland, or even with church. Church goers will not make heaven, only people who have the word of God in them.

PS: it was nice talking to you, but I'm not sure I want to keep doing so.

More grace sir.
But stop disseminating such message as contained in your first comment that made me to react. I'm not here to argue Bible with you or tell you who I am. God knows those who are His (II Timothy 2:19).
Once again, more grace.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Image123(m): 11:39am On Apr 30
JuanDeDios:

John the Baptist did the work of a prophet. Abraham was not a prophet in the classic sense. I mean, all the patriarchs before Moses (Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Job, etc.) were all priests since they performed animal sacrifices on behalf of their families. But they weren't necessarily prophets. Abraham, while not a classic, crusading prophet like Moses, Elijah or Isaiah, heard from God REGULARLY and was shown future events. So if we abandon a strict construction and take on an expanded definition, Abraham was a prophet. Isaac, however, was not. Unless I'm missing something, there's no biblical basis to say a prophet's son is a prophet. Moses's children certainly weren't designated as prophets.

Isaac heard from God. i didn't refer to him as a prophet but since Oshoffa's son thinks he is a prophet because his father was referred to as one, Isaac gets a slot, too. All the scriptures serve as examples, including the patriarch Isaac, not only prophets.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by otipoju(m): 12:13pm On Apr 30
Veecruz:

See, you refused to answer the question on Deuteronomy 17:17 like the others before you in my thread!
https://www.nairaland.com/8032594/deuteronomy-17-17-shows-god#128966884

Also in my.thread i answered

if God truly had given David people's wives, then why would God still go ahead and accuse him of taking someone's wife?

Google answers
At age thirteen Saul was sent to Israel to learn from a rabbi named Gamaliel, under whom Saul mastered Jewish history, the Psalms, and the works of the prophets. His education would continue for five or six years, and then Saul went on to become a lawyer.

In all these actions, is it not a case of someone is lying and someone is saying the Truth, which is what The Judge has to judge between the lawyer's cases?

From the abundance of the heart
So you obvioisly gave your qualification because you were trying to impress and intimidate me and here was i thinking that you were a great expert on these matters so that i should know what i am up against in going against you, and so i answered back that i could take you on.

And now you have gone beserk and res ipsa loquitur occurs.

No vex, hunkle know it all. Thank God, The Mighty and The Most Justest Judge dey come judge all dese rubbish wey people dey do and dose wey dey go everlasting prison of Fire, dem know already!

If God gave David the wives of Saul his master after his death. And then was angry with David for taking Uriah's wife and killing him...you should be able to simply deduce that Polygamy is not a sin against God. Coveting and taking your Neighbour's wife is the sin.

Go check the judgement for David's sin. It was devastating.

My claim ab initio is that Polygamy is not a sin against God and monogamy is not the standard for righteousness.

There is no where in the Bible where God forbids a man from marriage to more than one woman.

Paul was advising men not to marry because of the benefits of being free from the burdens and responsibilities that marriage comes with that limits a person from being fully devotedto God. Catholic Priests follow his advice and do not. Those who marry do not sin. Those who don't are not automatically righteousness.

Do not multiply wives to yourself simply means do not abuse your powers as a King to be marrying as many wives as you wish for because you have wealth, power and fame.

God might prefer man to do a certain thing but may allow him to do something else. It does not mean it is a sin against God.

From Jesus own statement, it is clear that God's preference is monogamy...but the realities of the world ( survival and preservation) and the nature of man allows men to marry more than one and this Polygamy is not evil in God's sight.

It is not a sin against God. That is the true and balanced teaching of the Bible. Many men that God favored and exalted were polygamist. In the books of the new testament we don't hear too much details of the family lives of the main characters because that was not the focus of those books. They were accounts of the life and redemptive work of Jesus. Letters to various churches and eschatology.

Kings and Bishops are advised not to multiply wives because their position requires discipline and focus on communal affairs that the chaos and tension that Polygamy comes with can be a real and unwanted distraction.

Please don't use Google answers for me. You as a lawyer knows the value of credible sources to back claims. I studied Jewish religious law as so many thousands of theologians. It does not make us lawyers.

The bible itself records Paul as a tent maker.

I for one have zero desire to marry more than one wife or for my kids to have any step siblings. I don't own a farm where I need more free labour nor do I own a large pasture of flock where I need more hands. The chaos of Polygamy is not attractive to me in any way.

But if life happens and I have to marry more than one...I know I have not sinned against God in any way shape or form.

I mentioned that I was trained in religious studies just so you don't give flippant answers to me. It was you that was trying to impress with your law degree saying you seperate truths from lies....as if that is what lawyers really do.

That a lawyer means that you are trained in logical reasoning. If that is the case you ought to know that it is impossible to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Polygamy is a sin against God from the Christian scriptures.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Denko2721987(m): 1:31pm On Apr 30
StillDtruth:

How can a reasonable man carry coals into his bossom and not be burnt?

And the monogamous once divorcing in droves every single day in agege customary courts and killing themselves leading to long term family and children dysfunction they carry wetin? Tornado in a tea cup?
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by drlateef: 1:45pm On Apr 30
Veecruz:

See Deviation! Now you see that Jesus did condemn polygamy and now you have switched it to prophets practicing polygamy and condemning Law, because you cannot answer.

Was Jesus' speaking to prophets when He answered up there?

Or which prophet in the bible did you see polygamize? And where did you see Jesus condemn the prophet.

You have nothing to say for you already know what is good and evil and The Judgment of God and you cannot lie or deceive God!

Any intelligent person knows you are talking rubbish.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by JuanDeDios: 2:51pm On Apr 30
Image123:

Isaac heard from God. i didn't refer to him as a prophet but since Oshoffa's son thinks he is a prophet because his father was referred to as one, Isaac gets a slot, too. All the scriptures serve as examples, including the patriarch Isaac, not only prophets.

"Isaac heard from God."
As does my niece. Her dreams always come to pass.

"i didn't refer to him as a prophet but since Oshoffa's son thinks he is a prophet because his father was referred to as one, Isaac gets a slot, too."
grin
I think Oshoffa Jnr was named a prophet by the church though.

"All the scriptures serve as examples, including the patriarch Isaac, not only prophets."
So what do you do/preach on the matter of marriage? Accept the example of Isaac and other patriarchs/prophets who married one wife and reject that of Jacob and others who married more than one? Well, I think that's one way to go about things. It only becomes a problem when you try to argue that only one example is good enough for Christians while the other is bad.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by StillDtruth: 3:25pm On Apr 30
Denko2721987:

And the monogamous once divorcing in droves every single day in agege customary courts and killing themselves leading to long term family and children dysfunction they carry wetin? Tornado in a tea cup?

Even you wen you look dem you sef see say dem no reasonable.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by StillDtruth: 3:27pm On Apr 30
drlateef:

Any intelligent person knows you are talking rubbish.

Every intelligent person knows that you are the one talking rubbish for clearly you cannot argue against those Truths which is why you.went for the fallacy of ad hominem.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by omobolarinwa1(m): 3:33pm On Apr 30
SlavaUkraini:

Your own reward awaits you in your grave.... Very soon

Ya sure absolutely that's why you should always mind what you will talking as if you don't ave sense. All this hadith your eyye pastor sharing to you were wrote 300yrs after the demise of the beloved prophet. So if younlike continue throwing tantrum to the prophet of God. You will find your utter words in your left book in the grave and on judgement day... seek refuge under the tent of your One God before its late and ask forgiveness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Dressing Seductively To Deposit Lust In The Heart Of Others / It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.