Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa (27239 Views)

Celestial Church Members Claim Late Rev Samuel Oshoffa 'Visited' During Service / Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Baatunde(m): 2:56pm On Apr 29
I beg to disagree, what about the hundreds of VERSIONS of the Bible which abound today with substantial textual differences and some times complete verses missing/removed altogether. I can provide you with up to twenty chapters in the NRSV , RSV , NWT, NT _Anmerican Version to mention a few where certain verses in the KJV have been discarded because they were not found in the most ancient manuscripts older than those on which the KJV was based. Prominent verses that have been removed as being later day additions are Mark 16:9-20 which supposedly describe Jesus's ascension, 1st John 5:7 which is the cornerstone of the Trinity doctrine is a fabrication, your famous John 3:16 does not have the word BEGOTTEN in the original manuscript, Isiah 7:14 does not have the word VIRGIN even in the manuscripts that were translated, the word there in the Hebrew text is 'almah' which should be translated as a young woman and not "bethulah" which means VIRGIN. Go and check those versions of the Bible I have mentioned and you will confirm what I have said that there is not only ONE Bible.

What about the conundrum of the fabricated genealogy of Jesus as given by Mark and Luke. For a man who has no biological father they invented a genealogy for him and even then they still both could not agree on whether he came from David via Nathan or Solomon and nalso with a staggering 15 generations difference between Mark and Luke's lists? I know some apologist would come out and say one was tracing through Joseph and the other through Mary, in that case where does Mary come up in the line of fabricated genealogy, because both ended with Joseph (unless they are saying Mary and Joseph are actually siblings)

Kobojunkie:
There is no truth to to the claims you make of the book. Rather the volatility and contradictions you pretend stem from the many unscriptural interpretations applied to the messages contained in your Bible by those of the religion of Christianity a religion which at this point in time boasts over 47,000 different interpretations of the one books, interpretations sectioned into denominations, sects within the religion. undecided

There is only one Bible and one Truth; the meaning of every text as stated by the author of the passage concerned. lipsrsealed

What Christianity offers you is a scam platform that basically enables scammers masquerading as sheep to spin their own lies using random verses taken out of context. The religion now offer over 47,000 lies/idols known as interpretations which can be worshipped of the God of Israel and His Son, Jesus Christ. But lies are far away from God and He hates the worship of Idols. undecided

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Apr 29
Baatunde:
I beg to disagree, what about the hundreds of VERSIONS of the Bible which abound today with substantial textual differences and some times complete verses missing/removed altogether. I can provide you with up to twenty chapters in the NRSV , RSV , NWT, NT _Anmerican Version to mention a few where certain verses in the KJV have been discarded because they were not found in the most ancient manuscripts older than those on which the KJV was based. Prominent verses that have been removed as being later day additions are Mark 16:9-20 which supposedly describe Jesus's ascension, 1st John 5:7 which is the cornerstone of the Trinity doctrine is a fabrication, your famous John 3:16 does not have the word BEGOTTEN in the original manuscript, Isiah 7:14 does not have the word VIRGIN even in the manuscripts that were translated, the word there in the Hebrew text is 'almah' which should be translated as a young woman and not "bethulah" which means VIRGIN. Go and check those versions of the Bible I have mentioned and you will confirm what I have said that there is not only ONE Bible.
■ What about the conundrum of the fabricated genealogy of Jesus as given by Mark and Luke. For a man who has no biological father they invented a genealogy for him and even then they still both could not agree on whether he came from David via Nathan or Solomon and nalso with a staggering 15 generations difference between Mark and Luke's lists? I know some apologist would come out and say one was tracing through Joseph and the other through Mary, in that case where does Mary come up in the line of fabricated genealogy, because both ended with Joseph (unless they are saying Mary and Joseph are actually siblings)
You have peaked my interest! Care if we take these on one at a time then? I am very much interested in dissecting every problem you have there to understand what aspects have led you to conclude that the book itself is volatile and contradictory when in fact it is merely a compendium of books each written by different authors at different points in time. undecided

So, what do you say? Shall we create a different topic to dissect this? undecided

2. About the Geneology of Jesus Christ, I don't believe there was in fact what you consider a fabrication. Remember that we are talking of a time when there were no fact-checking systems in place and no computers to catch errors. The writer of Matthew may have simply gotten his details from a source different from that which the writer of Luke had obtained his from. My guess is Joseph, long dead at the time the genealogy was written may not have been there to verify any of the claims obtained by the two sources. Also, when it comes to the matter of Jesus Christ's actual genealogy, it has to be traced from the line of his mother of course. Why? Because He was not born of an earthly father after all and the Law of Moses — by way of the benefit given to the daughters of Zelophedad— did allow for genealogy to be traced from the mother, even though Jewish tradition may have frowned greatly on it— I think it still does. But yeah, there is also the possibility that Mary and Joseph were related as you said. undecided

Additionally, the line that included Solomon was not valid at all because Solomon was disqualified by the God of Israel from fathering the King forever. So, any line that included the mention of Solomon could not be it. undecided
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by olu77(m): 3:36pm On Apr 29
thesicilian:

Moses had 2 wives.

Okay.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Entusky(m): 3:37pm On Apr 29
Danmisra:

When people are talking, a donkey cannot speak, because when he eventually does, he is going say something unreasonable and out of point, but he must speak, because he doesn't know when to speak and when to remain silent.
You are disgrace to Christianity, even one quote from from the Bible you cannot say, a grown up like you. I don't that they are many people that waste their hard earned money on Sunday without learning anything.
That paedophile, rapist from arabia is the donkey
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 3:49pm On Apr 29
otipoju:

That was to the person who will become King of Israel and it also said not to multiply gold and silver to himself.. so by your logic, being rich is sin...

Logic would have told you that that is The Law against embezzlement and i believe you saw that, but this is offpoint.

Back to the issue, where was the king to come from? Is it from the sky or from the people?

otipoju:

Paul also recommended christians not to marry at all. I hope you read your Bible well. So in your illogical way of thinking. Marriage for a man is a sin...because Paul said s

Off point! You said "the only verse that backs one man, one wife came from Jesus," and i only pointed out that Paul restated it. EOStory.

otipoju:

Friendly advice...the person you are talking to spent 5 years of is life in a classroom in a University studying Religion. So you better be sure of of what you are saying.

grin.Same thing you should know. After 5 years of Law and Law school, we lawyers never stop reading and learning and proving Truths or Lies, whichever is in issue..

And remember, Paul is a lawyer, so i know all he has in mind because His Letters are a Lawyer's letters and not an ordinary layman's letter, which is why Peter warned laypeople to be careful of Paul's teachings for it is only a learned person who can accurately, tell you what it means.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 4:13pm On Apr 29
Caleycash:
Same way you all should start paying groom price, build house, bring money home to sustain the family and finally protect the family and nation at large, but guess what, NO!, you all craves and loves a man's money and protection, that's the reality... IT DOESN'T GO BOTH WAYS!!!

;See how you prove.that man is not fair and just person? Thank God, God is a Just and imparttial!

Anyway, proverbs 31 has said it all.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 4:19pm On Apr 29
bomsilaga:

1 Cor 7: 6: but I speak this by permission and not of commandment. I don't know where you are reading from

I said before verse 6, that is 1 Cor 7:1-5!
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Apr 29
Barcalee:
■ Pls can you breakdown this your bruhaha because I find it difficult to see the alignment between my post and yours. I believe you're a Muslim abi? I had heard your Alfas especially Alhaji muyideen saying it's true the Quran allows a Muslim to marry more than one wife ,but,there must be equity from you to them. So tell me how you can love two women equally talkless of four. So who is the terrible one here?
First of all, you failed to comprehend the message in my post. Again, You Christians are terrible people. The God of Israel put a seal on His Prophets and visions about 1900 Years ago - Daniel 9 vs 24 - at the close of His Last Days. You lot pretend you believe all that is declared in the book yet here you are insinuating the God of Israel lied and this man's father was in fact one of His prophets. Why are your minds this broken? undecided

Second, you are mistaken to conclude that because I am not a Christian, then I must be a Muslim. I am neither a Christian nor am I a Muslim. I am antireligion since Jesus Christ Himself was antireligion as well. Jesus Christ is famously known to have disavowed the religion that existed in His time — Judaism — beginning with its religious leaders and their doctrines which He proclaimed were antiChrist lies meant to deceive and delude the multitudes away from the Truth of God. Christianity as a religion is lifted as being modeled after the very religion disavowed meaning it too has nothing to do with Jesus Christ. Of course, no religion was granted an exemption by Jesus Christ, so no religion can claim legitimacy by His name. undecided
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Kobojunkie: 4:25pm On Apr 29
cjudy:
■ How many wives did David got? If I’m correct, it’s 8 right? Did God condemned him?
Moses was a holy and righteous man of the Old Law of Moses. YHWH approved Him as such. Are you one a man approved Holy and Righteous by YHWH for you to declare you must have right to that which David had? undecided
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Westerhoffe(m): 4:28pm On Apr 29
GOD did not in the Bible condemn a man for having more than one wife.

If anyone has the verses where GOD does, please present it.

Only, if you know you can't cater for or handle two wives, don't attempt it.

Simple as that.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Caleycash(m): 4:48pm On Apr 29
Veecruz:

;See how you prove.that man is not fair and just person? Thank God, God is a Just and imparttial!

Anyway, proverbs 31 has said it all.

Lol... you no get talk again!
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Monday60655(m): 4:52pm On Apr 29
thesicilian:

You do understand that the Bible was not originally written in English, right?

That was not the bane of contention here sir.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by verdade: 5:13pm On Apr 29
God wrote down he's laws for man , so if you read and don't understand that's on you bro
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by thesicilian: 5:21pm On Apr 29
Monday60655:

That was not the bane of contention here sir.
You mean bone?
It becomes the bone of contention when you bring up the issue of simple English, singular and plural.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Denko2721987(m): 5:49pm On Apr 29
Goodlady:
This clergy is justifying polygamy.
At the end, it's not always a good practice. Reasons boku!

So nah monogamy no get problems boku?
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Goodlady(f): 5:54pm On Apr 29
Denko2721987:

So nah monogamy no get problems boku?
Ya problems ll be limited If you marry one wife
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by omobolarinwa1(m): 6:16pm On Apr 29
SlavaUkraini:

It smells like that Pedophilic Prophet Mohammed...

What a Jackass

Your act reward is awaited you in the grave and day of judgement you will surely received your compensation of your good and bad deeds. Enjoy your tantrum while its last in days week month years to come.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by omobolarinwa1(m): 6:18pm On Apr 29
Entusky:
E get wan certain prophet wey marry a 5 year old pikin con knack her wen she dey 9 year old as if dat wan no do am hin con marry d wife of hin adopted son come tell hin followers say hin GOD revoked d adoption naim mek hin marry d woman

Your act reward is awaited you in the grave and day of judgement you will surely received your compensation of your good and bad deeds. Enjoy your tantrum while its last in days week month years to come.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by cjudy(m): 6:40pm On Apr 29
Kobojunkie:
Moses was a holy and righteous man of the Old Law of Moses. YHWH approved Him as such. Are you one a man approved Holy and Righteous by YHWH for you to declare you must have right to that which David had? undecided
My dear just rest, Moses was this and that. Did you know Moses committed murder in the Bible?
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Apr 29
cjudy:
■ My dear just rest, Moses was this and that. Did you know Moses committed murder in the Bible?
Yes, Moses did, but that doesn't change the fact that 40 years later, Moses not only found His way back into the graces of God but became a Holy and Righteous man, approved by God at that. So, are you a Holy and Righteous man approved by God that you should demand that which applied to Moses then? undecided

The standard laid down by the God of Israel from the beginning has always been Holiness and Righteousness. He does not give His attention to those who do not follow His Law at all. So, comparing yourselves to His prophets, Holy and RIghteous men, I have to ask if you yourselves are holy and righteous men approved by Him as well. undecided
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by otipoju(m): 6:51pm On Apr 29
Veecruz:

Logic would have told you that that is The Law against embezzlement and i believe you saw that, but this is offpoint.

Back to the issue, where was the king to come from? Is it from the sky or from the people?

Off point! You said "the only verse that backs one man, one wife came from Jesus," and i only pointed out that Paul restated it. EOStory.

grin.Same thing you should know. After 5 years of Law and Law school, we lawyers never stop reading and learning and proving Truths or Lies, whichever is in issue..

And remember, Paul is a lawyer, so i know all he has in mind because His Letters are a Lawyer's letters and not an ordinary layman's letter, which is why Peter warned laypeople to be careful of Paul's teachings for it is only a learned person who can accurately, tell you what it means.

When David was condemned by God for killing Uriah...he was told that "I gave you you masters wives...if you wanted more, I would have given you."

These were God's very own words via the mouth of Nathan his prophet. If God himself gave David multiple wives and was willing to give him more if he asked, how then would polygamy be a sin before him?

Answer this question or just say nothing more.

Paul was not a lawyer. Stop saying B.S. He learned the Torah under Gamaliel just like an aspiring Reverend today would learn the Old Testament scriptures.

He was a tent maker by profession. Stop reading your own meaning into scripture passages. Let the passages speak for them selves.

And who said Lawyers prove truth and lies? Don't make me laugh. A lot of you are the most dishonest bunch of human beings that were ever created.

Most of you look for loop holes in events and arguments to create doubt and let the guilty go scotsfree and have little or no regard for the truth...as long as you get paid for twisting the truth.

Who you want dey impress?
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by BodyCount: 7:26pm On Apr 29
SlavaUkraini:

See this Mumu Fowl...

Let me tell you your history...

Your father is actually a gorilla 🐵🐵🐒🐒

Your mother is a useless Ashawo woman that sleeps with both men and animals for peanuts

She met your animal father in a Brothel where she hustles and sell her smelling vigina to animals..

That was where they made love and conceived you ..... A useless, stupid, foolish animal...

Go for a DNA test and you will discover that you have animal genes in your system that is why you behave like a beast 🐻🐻🐻

The Stupid fool at home you call daddy is not your real father but one of the numerous Ashawo customers of your Ashawo Mama...

Go and ask your Ashawo Mama and she cannot deny this truth...

Oloriburuku..... Idiot

Oloriburuku werey ọmọ irankiran
Let me tell your family history
Your mother is oloriburuku OLOSHO, a street dog. If you doubt, go ask your drunkard old fôol father if he married her as a virgin.
You are a bastard son of a WHORÉ, a mistake of a broken condom from a thousand fathers.
It will never be well with you and your entire lineage.
Oloriburuku ọmọ irankiran.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by cjudy(m): 7:29pm On Apr 29
Kobojunkie:
Yes, Moses did, but that doesn't change the fact that 40 years later, Moses not only found His way back into the graces of God but became a Holy and Righteous man, approved by God at that. So, are you a Holy and Righteous man approved by God that you should demand that which applied to Moses then? undecided

The standard laid down by the God of Israel from the beginning has always been Holiness and Righteousness. He does not give His attention to those who do not follow His Law at all. So, comparing yourselves to His prophets, Holy and RIghteous men, I have to ask if you yourselves are holy and righteous men approved by Him as well. undecided
They play.
Show me where God condemn Polygamy and those you does that in the Bible and you’re running around
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Apr 29
cjudy:
■ They play. Show me where God condemn Polygamy and those you does that in the Bible and you’re running around
I am not the least bit interested in the polygamy debate mind you. I am more interested in understanding why and how men who disavow God's standard which is holiness and righteousness seem to think it makes sense to demand they have that they too must have that which was granted by God only to his prophets. undecided
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by siant: 7:41pm On Apr 29
Kobojunkie:
1. Let me play along in this display of ignorance what is in fact written in scripture, for a bit mind you!

▪︎ If we are to believe that Agabus was indeed a prophet chosen and sent by YHWH --- anointed by God --, wouldn't that mean then that starting from David and all through to Jesus Christ, all of the prophets who prophesied that Jesus Christ, the Messiah, would be the last prophet sent by God --- Jesus Christ Himself testified to this --- all lied? undecided

¤ Wouldn't it mean that YWYH, the one who sen5 Jesus Christ, got it all wrong about Jesus Christ being the Messiah or even His Last? undecided
¤ Wouldn't that equally mean you worship Him in vain? undecided

2. And no, I am antireligion since Jesus Christ condemned religion beginning with the religious leaders of His time and their doctrines and traditions which He proclaimed were all lies -- antichrist. Christianity is famously known to be modeled after that very same religion that Jesus Christ condemned and its over 47,000 denominations/sects serve as proof of the many lies it is founded on lipsrsealed

3. Saying Jesus Christ is more than a prophet does not reduce the magnitude of the lie you accuse Him of. He proclaimed that not only was John the Baptist the last of the Old Testament prophets sent by His Father, but that He was in fact the one that came down from Heaven from the Father, the last one they had been waiting for. If Jesus Christ was in fact not the last prophet sent -- anointed by YHWH--- then how could he be the Messiah? undecided
You want to play along in the display of ignorance? Where is knowledge in what you're saying? Anyway, that statement is just a sweet mouth and to make you appear knowledgeable. That's an epitomy of inferiority complex.
I supported my submissions with relevant scriptural verses, yet you failed to provide single scriptural verse to back what you're saying. Your opinion is dismissed again. Like I said, the Bible is the last authority.
Where did any prophet of old from David say Christ would be the last prophet?

Are you saying you know better than the scriptures itself that refered to Agabus, as a prophet? Or should we dismiss that part of the scriptures?

Please, quote it here, when Jesus said He was the last prophet?

Jesus is the messiah. Not Elijah, not Moses , not even father Abraham. He was greater than any prophet that lived before and after Him. Those ones were mere prophets. Jesus was more than any prophet.

And let me quickly add this, I am less concern about YWH you are shouting all about. That's the Hebrews name for a supreme being. Nothing stops me from referring to a supreme being as 'Olodumare' that's Yoruba name for Him. In Arabic Bible, He is called Allah, because that's the name the Arabs call the supreme being.
He referred to Himself as El shadai, to Abraham. In Hebrews Bible, He is called Adonai in some places in Isaiah. Moses called Him YHW.
So it it is not necessary for me to call Him YAWEH.. That's your own problem.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Monday60655(m): 7:48pm On Apr 29
thesicilian:

You mean bone?
It becomes the bone of contention when you bring up the issue of simple English, singular and plural.

Yes that's what I mean, bone of contention.
So you can refer back to the scripture and let Holy Spirit give you a better understanding sir. We all live to grow daily.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Apr 29
siant:
You want to play along in the display of ignorance? Where is knowledge in what you're saying? Anyway, that statement is just to sweeten what. That's an epitomy of inferiority complex. I supported my submissions with relevant scriptural verses, yet you failed to provide single scriptural verse to back what you're saying. Your opinion is dismissed again. Like I said, the Bible is the last authority.
■ Where did any prophet of old from David say Christ would be the last prophet? Are you saying you know better than the scriptures itself that refered to Agabus, as a prophet? Or should we dismiss that part of the scriptures?
■ Please, quote it here, when Jesus said He was the last prophet?
■ Jesus is the messiah. Not Elijah, not Moses , not even father Abraham. He was greater than any prophet that lived before and after Him. Those ones were mere prophets. Jesus was more than any prophet. And let me quickly add this, I am less concern about YWH you are shouting all about. That's the Hebrews name for a supreme being. Nothing stops me from referring to a supreme being as 'Olodumare' that's Yoruba name for Him. In Arabic Bible, He is called Allah, because that's the name the Arabs call the supreme being. He referred to Himself as El shadai, to Abraham. In Hebrews Bible, He is called Adonai in some places in Isaiah. Moses called Him YHW. So it it is not necessary for me to call Him YAWEH.. That's your own problem.
1. What you instead did was pull verses out of context to assert an idea that does not even comply with that which is stated in Scripture. There is a reason why Paul did not heed the warning given to him by the many prophets of his day including Agabus, something that would have been unheard of had it been they were indeed prophets anointed by the Almighty Himself like the prophets of Old. I am used to you folks. With one side of your mouth you claim your bible is authority yet with the other you accuse the one you call God of Lying! grin

2. To answer that question, you would have to go back through much of the Old Texts but no point since you will likely not even get it. So, let's focus on your claim regarding the person of Jesus Christ. undecided
▶ But you still have not answered my question. Jesus Christ declared that John was the last Old Covenant prophet to come. Did Jesus Christ lie? YES OR NO! undecided
▶ Jesus Christ equally said in Matthew 21 that He was the last prophet, so did Jesus Christ lie? YES OR NO! undecided

3. Jesus Christ revealed it by way of the Parable, or should I say, a mod on the parable of the Vineyard owner from Isaiah 5 in Matthew 21 vs 33 -46. Jesus Christ first informed you that John was the Last of the Old Covenant Prophets — He described John as being less than the least in the Kingdom of God meaning John was indeed the last of those called by God of Old. Then Jesus Christ went on to condemn all who would come after Him as false Prophets and Teachers, beginning with the religious leaders of His time along with their doctrines and traditions. undecided

4. Um... Again, saying Jesus Christ is more than a prophet does not reduce the magnitude of the lie you accuse Him of. Jesus Christ said He is indeed the last and He proclaimed that all others would come after Him particularly those who would use His name are false Prophets and false Teachers. So, what in the world are you on about? undecided
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by thesicilian: 7:54pm On Apr 29
Monday60655:

Yes that's what I mean, bone of contention.
So you can refer back to the scripture and let Holy Spirit give you a better understanding sir. We all live to grow daily.
So now you're presuming that I do not have understanding of the scriptures because we do not seem to agree on the same things? Great
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by siant: 8:31pm On Apr 29
Kobojunkie:
1. What you instead did was pull verses out of context to assert an idea that does not even comply with that which is stated in Scripture. There is a reason why Paul did not heed the warning given to him by the many prophets of his day including Agabus, something that would have been unheard of had it been they were indeed prophets anointed by the Almighty Himself like the prophets of Old. I am used to you folks. With one side of your mouth you claim your bible is authority yet with the other you accuse the one you call God of Lying! grin

2. To answer that question, you would have to go back through much of the Old Texts but no point since you will likely not even get it. So, let's focus on your claim regarding the person of Jesus Christ. undecided
▶ But you still have not answered my question. Jesus Christ declared that John was the last Old Covenant prophet to come. Did Jesus Christ lie? YES OR NO! undecided
▶ Jesus Christ equally said in Matthew 21 that He was the last prophet, so did Jesus Christ lie? YES OR NO! undecided

3. Jesus Christ revealed it by way of the Parable, or should I say, a mod on the parable of the Vineyard owner from Isaiah 5 in Matthew 21 vs 33 -46. Jesus Christ first informed you that John was the Last of the Old Covenant Prophets — He described John as being less than the least in the Kingdom of God meaning John was indeed the last of those called by God of Old. Then Jesus Christ went on to condemn all who would come after Him as false Prophets and Teachers, beginning with the religious leaders of His time along with their doctrines and traditions. undecided

4. Um... Again, saying Jesus Christ is more than a prophet does not reduce the magnitude of the lie you accuse Him of. Jesus Christ said He is indeed the last and He proclaimed that all others would come after Him particularly those who would use His name are false Prophets and false Teachers. So, what in the world are you on about? undecided
Quoting out of context? When the Bible says ' there were prophets'. When the Bible named Agabus, 'A prophet '. It is you people that are fun of twisting the scriptures to suite the opinion of the originator of your evil sect.
Quote it the way Jesus said he was the last of all prophets.
Quote it the way Jesus put it that John was the last of all prophets of old. Even if He said John was the last prophet of old, does it mean there can never be prophets afterwards?

Paul did not obey the instructions of Agabus, does it mean he did not regard Agabus as a prophet? The same Paul that said, 'he gave some to be apostle, some to be prophet '.
Stop twisting the scriptures. God will judge you!
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Apr 29
siant:
.....Paul did not obey the instructions of Agabus, does it mean he did not regard Agabus as a prophet? The same Paul that said, 'he gave some to be apostle, some to be prophet '....Stop twisting the scriptures. God will judge you!
I had to drill down to this portion from all the news you were trying to make again. lipsrsealed You still haven't answered the question at all. lipsrsealed

Why didn't Paul regard Agabus and the other prophets the same way he would have the Prophets of Old or even Jesus Christ? Why? There is a reason why Paul who did acknowledge that God had made some prophets in the last days, refused to heed the warnings of the same prophets. undecided
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by drlateef: 9:17pm On Apr 29
Veecruz:

I showed you Jesus impliedly did when He Said "do unto others what you wamt done to you".

And you want extra wives but you are not going to allow your wife extra husbands like this man https://www.nairaland.com/8075955/husband-stabs-wife-death-over#129680787

So, clearly, if you cannot bear your wife's polygamy, then don't do your own polygamy

In other words you imply that Jesus condemned polygamy practiced by prophets before him. Yet jesus said he had not come to condemn the laws and previous prophets. Your error is by universally applying a simple statement of behaviour, not polygamy. Polygamy is not a behaviour and in the context that Jesus used that sentence, he was not referring to polygamy. Your interpretation of that statement is faulty and wrong.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by siant: 9:19pm On Apr 29
Kobojunkie:
I had to drill down to this portion from all the news you were trying to make again. lipsrsealed You still haven't answered the question at all. lipsrsealed

Why didn't Paul regard Agabus and the other prophets the same way he would have the Prophets of Old or even Jesus Christ? Why? There is a reason why Paul who did acknowledge that God had made some prophets in the last days, refused to heed the warnings of the same prophets. undecided
Here you are. You digress in a bit to cunningly looking for a way to escape from this. No way. Do you think you are conversing with an ignorant. Of all the questions thrown to you , you fail to explain any, instead you keep babbling.

According to you, Paul did not heed to Agabus, simply because he was not a prophet like the prophets of old?
The same Agabus who predicted there would be famine, and the whole church heeded to the warning, before the prediction came to pass. You may keep fooling yourselves among the members of your cult-like sect, not the knowledgeable Christians.

There were prophets, there are prophets, and there will be prophets till Christ returns. You may choose to continue living in delusion. That's your own cup of tea.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Prophet Shepherd Bushiri And His Anointed Pregnancy Test Pictured / Assemblies Of God Crisis: Paul Emeka Loses At Supreme Court / "Wake Up And Take Your Country Back In 2019" - Father Mbaka Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.