Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 (18720 Views)

Oro Festival: Ikorodu Warns Females To Stay Indoors On May 16 / Igboho: Oro Worshippers Impose 7-day Curfew; Women, Visitors To Remain Indoors / How Oro Festival Paralysed Activities In Ikorodu Town, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by OgwashiBoy1(m): 1:52pm On Apr 29
Watch how tribal bigots takeover this thread.
Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by spiceadole: 1:52pm On Apr 29
Goodvibes007:
Growing up in Lagos and now living in America

- I miss the sound of the Oro and the songs the adherents chant when they are passing in Agege or In Iju Ishaga (Ifako Ijaiye - Lagos) all the way to Iju Ajuwon/Alagbole/Akute in Ogun state.

- I miss the Egun festivals in Mushin especially the Egun Snow (little boy) decked in all white costume and riding on a horse with thousands of followers behind him.

- I miss the eyo festivals in Lagos Island.

I grew up in Iju ishaga..Had my primary and secondary education at 2 private schools around Fagba Bus stop.

I remember the sound of the Oro,as well.
Remember how my father would warn me and my mum to stay indoors and never try to peep out at night.

I am now resident in the UK.
Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by Krankhead: 1:53pm On Apr 29
AustineE1:
These people have chosen to remain in the dark ages,how can you deprive people of their right of movement,so women living in Ikorodu and are faced with emergency health challenges can not at that time access Ikorodo general hospital.Whats so special with this awkward Oro festival,the same Oro masquerade that muslim faithfuls beat the hell out of it,the last time it over stepped its boundary.Outright nonsense !
Den don warn you. Make u dey form.posh under you wife skirt

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by Emyzoloye5(m): 1:54pm On Apr 29
chopnaira:

They love their gay stuff. You don't have to copy their ways.

But two ibo men kissing each other is civilization to you bah

Even your lord and savior celebrates with masquerades in Agulu. He understands the importance of culture and tradition. No Sha kill yourselves on-top Lagos matter.

Fool! There are a million Yoruba gay couples on the internet including bisi alimi abi na watin , bolu okupe too! So don't go that direction

However, I'm not against Yoruba culture whatever but I'm against the female discrimination, that women shouldn't step out of their homes in this modern era just because of a stupid festival. You guys should do better Biko

2 Likes

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by mukthar2000(m): 2:00pm On Apr 29
Vampires are looking for innocent blood to shock in this hardship period that supposed everybody to be on their dayly activities.

2 Likes

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by PortHarcourtcit(m): 2:01pm On Apr 29
MrColdsweat:

Respect the rights of Nigerians you primitive monkey.
seun mynd44 nlfpmod fergie001 rule 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by jahsharon: 2:04pm On Apr 29
AustineE1:
These people have chosen to remain in the dark ages,how can you deprive people of their right of movement,so women living in Ikorodu and are faced with emergency health challenges can not at that time access Ikorodo general hospital.Whats so special with this awkward Oro festival,the same Oro masquerade that muslim faithfuls beat the hell out of it,the last time it over stepped its boundary.Outright nonsense !

Carry all your sisters come out nah, the gods will accept them sacrifice. Nonsensical nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by jahsharon: 2:04pm On Apr 29
Sergio103:
21st century??

Primitive people I share the country with

Carry your sisters come out that day and see what will happen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by Mervingreat: 2:05pm On Apr 29
AustineE1:

Oga meshionu biko if you killed your own God given culture and belief don't think others will follow your folishnss ok, so obey the warning or blame yourself.

You are talking "these people want to remain in dark age" ba? They are in dark age they produced presidents, vice presidents, senators, speakers, senate president, adenuga, alakija, otedola, wizkid, davido, ashake, mutiu, yekini, Anthony Joshua, tosin amusan, first female army General in Nigeria history, first female combat helicopter pilot, wole soyinka, tai solarin, oyedepo, adeboye, tb Joshua the list is endless pls where are your tribe that live in the light achievement and level

Respect their culture or blame yourself, dem no asked you to come to their land na you carried yourself to come ok.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by YourMrBoo: 2:05pm On Apr 29
Zxcvbnmghtr:

What about the Halloween don't you enjoy it too in America or it is not as fun? Different strokes for different folks.

Backwards mentality
What's the fun in restricting peoples movement
What sort of discrimination is that.
Barbaric and disgusting festival

2 Likes

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by jahsharon: 2:06pm On Apr 29
TotoIsGud4boy:
Very cool!! Let’s show bad belle our rich culture and heritage worth emulating tongue

Thunder fire GRV
Thunder fire enemies of Nigeria

God bless Tinubu
God bless Sanwo
God bless Lagos
God bless Yorubaland

Let the Brazilian Slave Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour carry his wife to Ikorodu that day, and see if the gods will not accept her as sacrifice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by SonofLagos: 2:07pm On Apr 29
plumcomm:
if them born their papa well make their mothers and sisters come outside,useless people don’t know more than disrespecting their hosts.they even do worst in their villages,some of them kill and eat their visitors.common to abide by the culture and tradition of their hosts they will become defiant…shayb na primitive and nzobu,make their wives come out on that day.
grin don’t mind those savages,Dhabi Lagos is no man’s land….they can go ahead an challenge the Oro people and tell them to there face that Lagos is no man’s land😂

2 Likes

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by Chidex500: 2:10pm On Apr 29
What's special about it. If you can use it to rig elections,then it's just a mere gathering.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by SonofLagos: 2:11pm On Apr 29
flipdat:

Internet tough guy
I know you Igbo are very stubborn, sabi Lagos is no man’s land? Why not dare them and advise your mother, sister or wife to come out since you have two heads😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by greggng: 2:11pm On Apr 29
Appletek:

Shebi you are one of those Obidients shouting Lagos is no man's land grin

I am not a bigot like you .
Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by MrColdsweat: 2:14pm On Apr 29
jahsharon:

Carry your sisters come out that day and see what will happen
Tomorrow you open your smelly gbegiri mouth to say yorubas have respect. Shameless primitive monkeys.

1 Like

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by MrColdsweat: 2:16pm On Apr 29
AustineE1:
That is the blackman for you. He will rather hold on to the nonproductive culture of his monkey ancestors than embrace progress and development.

1 Like

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by Mitsurugi(m): 2:17pm On Apr 29
TotoIsGud4boy:
Very cool!! Let’s show bad belle our rich culture and heritage worth emulating tongue

Thunder fire GRV
Thunder fire enemies of Nigeria

God bless Tinubu
God bless Sanwo
God bless Lagos
God bless Yorubaland

GRV is better than you'll ever be in life 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by ChristineC: 2:21pm On Apr 29
I and some friends have met this group of people during their displays once, around 2008 near trade fair and nothing happened.
I personally don't subscribe to limiting anybody's movement that is law abiding.

1 Like

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by Haaland21: 2:22pm On Apr 29
Emyzoloye5:
In this modern age...these savages from the waste aren't ready for civilization

Tell your sister to come out....
Even the police would disown you....

Headless mob

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by countryman13: 2:23pm On Apr 29
Chicagograduate:
Oro Jūju priest should be ban because they kill human and sacrifices their blood to oro
Oro dont sacrifice human being bro! U just lied. Just keep mute if u dont know what else to say. If u know any, tell me here n it will be verified.
Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by wizelink(m): 2:25pm On Apr 29
What happens to the female soldiers that are on duty within ikorodu area? Would the military redeploy them or would the adherents of oro in ikorodu do the needful on sighting female soldiers?
Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by Riskymarvelous(m): 2:26pm On Apr 29
Why dey no put oro pictures there instead of masquerade pictures
Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by F117nighthawk: 2:27pm On Apr 29
Complete nonsense of a tradition,the reason Nigeria continue to slide backwards instead of moving forward,
You deprive people of their daily breads and movement because of one primitive tradition,yet many of these people u deprived of their free movement are the ones who came to contribute towards the economic activities and development of the said area

2 Likes

Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by Emyzoloye5(m): 2:27pm On Apr 29
Haaland21:

Tell your sister to come out....
Even the police would disown you....

Headless mob

Unfortunately we don't reside in the slum called lagos
Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by countryman13: 2:28pm On Apr 29
mukthar2000:
Vampires are looking for innocent blood to shock in this hardship period that supposed everybody to be on their dayly activities.
They wouldn't have warned earlier U if what u just typed is true! Take it or u leave it, it's a done deal!
Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by FireUpNow(m): 2:32pm On Apr 29
We don hear
Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by countryman13: 2:33pm On Apr 29
YourMrBoo:

Backwards mentality
What's the fun in restricting peoples movement
What sort of discrimination is that.
Barbaric and disgusting festival
I dont know why some of u come online n b making mouth. Will u go to Kona Jaba in kano n open beer parlor there? Dem no born u well! Wetin u want to dey do outside at that mentioned hours sef? Leave dt side bro n face wetin dey worry u!
Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by Safyqueen: 2:36pm On Apr 29
Sergio103:
21st century??

Primitive people I share the country with

What is primitive in your culture please?
They refer to you as slave and you answered and accepted. He who has no culture is a slave. Travel wide please.
Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by countryman13: 2:37pm On Apr 29
wizelink:
What happens to the female soldiers that are on duty within ikorodu area? Would the military redeploy them or would the adherents of oro in ikorodu do the needful on sighting female soldiers?
It's not all parts of Ikorodu but some parts. D info is to tell all formations n organizations to do proper scheduling that wont involve woman in action since it wont be more than a day or two.
Re: Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 by nurudeen181(m): 2:38pm On Apr 29
techub:
Imagine telling Texas and Californian females not to come out because of one tradition....

In this age... Kai
that's because you're still thinking like a slave. go to texas and California and see things that dont sound normal and wont go on mainstream media..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Every World Map You're Looking At Is wrong / Emir Sanusi Rides A Horse Home After Attending Eid El-fitr Prayers / Emir Of Dutse, Nuhu Muhammad Sunusi Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.