Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) (29846 Views)

Tinubu, Umahi, Bala Mohammed, Others Attend First Lady’s Iftar Dinner / 2023 Presidency: Buhari To Meet Tinubu, Umahi, Okorocha, Others / After Tinubu, Umahi Informs Buhari Of 2023 Presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Believeintruth: 7:41pm On May 01
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by emkz: 7:41pm On May 01
Believeintruth:

That is a headline bro. Where is the body of this wrote up?

You can open the link and READ.
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Believeintruth: 7:43pm On May 01
emkz:

You can open the link and READ.

Bro show us the write up where the statement of 200m dollars was made.
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by emkz: 7:44pm On May 01
Believeintruth:

Bro show us the write up where the statement of 200m dollars was made.

I sent you the link. If you have difficulties reading and comprehending, I can't help with that.

1 Like

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Believeintruth: 7:46pm On May 01
emkz:

I sent you the link. If you have difficulties reading and comprehending, I can't help with that.

Oga show us the part where the value of 200m was made.
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by ufotunang: 7:49pm On May 01
Federal government create jobs but you cannot create the jobs ..but you are destroying bussinesses that are creating the jobs .. does that make sense
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Cajal(m): 7:53pm On May 01
Urheadmaster:
embarassed

Umahi is trying not to go against his paymasters tongue
Rather trying not to be offend his Igbo brothers

1 Like

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Paramount01(m): 7:54pm On May 01
Goodvibes007:

He is simply saying that Peter is a divider-in-chief.

And I also hate this properganda party called Labour party

1 Like

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Cajal(m): 7:54pm On May 01
BarrNosaEsq:
Mr Umahi, I want to remind you, Wike, and Uzodinma that Rochas twerked more than you, Amaechi twerked more than you, Orji Uzo Kalu twerked more than you, Ogbonnaya Onu (of blessed memory) twerked more than you, where are they today? How did they all end up? Some say it's the heartbreak from the last APC Presidential Primaries that killed Onu. He never recovered, after the tears he shed on the podium that fateful night.

Those who are bad students of history are bound to repeat it. I rest my case!
We shall remind you when he becomes the president
You can leave the ZOO for Bujumbura

1 Like

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Elusive001: 8:00pm On May 01
BarrNosaEsq:
Mr Umahi, I want to remind you, Wike, and Uzodinma that Rochas twerked more than you, Amaechi twerked more than you, Orji Uzo Kalu twerked more than you, Ogbonnaya Onu (of blessed memory) twerked more than you, where are they today? How did they all end up? Some say it's the heartbreak from the last APC Presidential Primaries that killed Onu. He never recovered, after the tears he shed on the podium that fateful night.

I laugh at Umahi. They never learn. He seems like a dull student.

1 Like

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by jaxxy(m): 8:01pm On May 01
With the plethora of problems facing this country a coastal road is what this government thinks the country needs now??

i personally now believe this government is just doing paparazzi with Nigerians.
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by sparko1(m): 8:06pm On May 01
Xscape1993:
This Umahi is not a complete human being. He talks like a child of yesterday. Only in Nigeria you see agberos, touts, certificate forgers, terrorist sponsors, kidnappers, drug barons, strange men and people without economy knowledge are in corridor of power.

But he contested and won twice in south East, are you saying the people that elected him are fools and can't reason.

1 Like

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Abagworo(m): 8:09pm On May 01
The coastal highway should have started from Calabar not Lagos. Calabar lacks access to the rest of Nigeria which has killed her tourism industry. A cheaper coastal highway from Calabar to Yenagoa is actually what Nigeria needs.
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Paramount01(m): 8:16pm On May 01
Mindlog:
Umahi should go ask Amaechi, how Buhari used and dumped him, he is now in the cold. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Patterns don't lie and few years from now, Umahi will in that cold, trying to explain his present utterances, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The same with Fashola abi?

1 Like

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Emman08: 8:30pm On May 01
Slavery never tire you David? This house negro slave. NO matter how fancy your chains are, you will always be a slave
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by PortHarcourtcit(m): 8:30pm On May 01
Mitsurugi:
Umahi you're such a compound fool! They will never give you the Presidential ticket angry
pain pain why are you pained...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Dbegining: 8:30pm On May 01
Slytiger:
Peter Obi is a tribalist and has always been right from his time in Anambra as governor.

1. If he is not dividing his fellow ibos like the way he deported Ebonyi people from Anambra in 2011 or did not allow non-anambrans to contest in any election even for leadership of market positions,

2. he would pitch them against other tribes like he tagged Ngige a Yoruba candidate during the governorship election in Anambra in 2013

3. and if he can't find a way to divide with tribalism, he would divide people along religious lines like the Anglican vs Catholic fight he created in Anambra.

I didn't even read the rubbish you put up there but looking at the screenshot you attached, you mean a governor who was even at that time battling impeachment and going round court cases for impeachment reversals was interfering in who becomes market leaders, market leaders?

You no just get sense.
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by TCF1980(m): 8:31pm On May 01
anonymous1759:
They’re inconsequential buhari did 8 yrs without their vote , Tinubu is doing 4 yrs and possibly doing another 4 yrs without them.
all they know what to do is rant and claim victimization.

The only reason these people are not dragging Umahi is because he’s Igbo . had it been Fashola, or Elrufai was the minister of works doing this it’ll will be worse , imagine a whole tribe lying that second Niger bridge does not Exist because fashola was the one handling it .

These people should not support Umahi when he’ll be coming out for presidency because their Nzogbu Nzogbu will hinder him . They think they’re the smartest And fill like every other tribe is a fool , next election they’ll be romancing SS to support their candidate, look at them fighting tooth and nail to hinder a whole regional development because one of their brothers is involved.

Other tribes who fall victims for their fake love are seeing it .
I remember whey they were petting Yorubas for vote , now every Yoruba is an Aafonja after election, only Hausa people know how to play politics with them.

In your mind, if Umahi comes out for Presidency, Yorubas and Hausas will vote for him right? Has he done more than half of what Amaechi sacrificed for APC amidst praise and worship from Hausas and Yorubas as the best politician from South South? Didn't he move University meant for Rivers State to Daura and was applauded with many referring to him as incoming President? What about Ogbonna Onu that thought Presidency was his and cried foul during APC primaries? Orji Uzor Kalu, Rochas Okorocha, etc will tell you better. If Umahi comes out as Presidential candidate any day under any party, he will be called IPOB that ends it.
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Itiskdg121(m): 8:32pm On May 01
"Common sense"

Quest7777:
S/Easterners have independent minds and don't just collectively support Govt foolishly.

Anybody with common sense knows that it's unwise to embark on an expensive Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road, when we already have a poorly maintained road network linking Lagos-Benin-Warri-PortHarcourt-Calabar.
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Mitsurugi(m): 8:33pm On May 01
PortHarcourtcit:
pain pain why are you pained...

Because it's irritating hearing fools talk. Do you enjoy hearing fools talk? I don't.
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Konquest: 8:34pm On May 01
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqd4ugXGKK0

The Minister of works, Dave Umahi, has alleged that former presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, is inciting people of the South-East, especially those who are not well informed, against the Government.

Obi had on Tuesday expressed his displeasure on the Lagos-Calabar coastal highway project stating that the government is embarking on a job-losing project at a time of rampant unemployment.

Umahi, reacting to the statement on Wednesday, May 1, at an event organized by the Federal Ministry of Work to compensate property owners affected by the Lagos- Calabar coastal road prospect, claimed that Obi would not fight for the people even after getting them into trouble.

There have also been mixed reactions following the demolition of Landmark Beach Resort, valued at $200 million, to create a right of way for the project which is estimated to cost the federal government N15 trillion.

However, Umahi insisted there was no inhumanity meted to Landmark and that the matter should be buried because he was actively involved.

The former Ebonyi state governor alleged that Obi goes around to condemn people, thereby bringing judgment upon himself.

He said: “It brings to some of the comments made by my brother, his Excellency Mr Peter Obi, I am not supposed to comment about it because some people have already done the work. And I know what Arise Television brought courtesy of Channels Television, they were bringing similar scenarios when His Excellency Peter Obi was the governor. He made a statement saying any infrastructure that stands in the way of the road must go. And there would be no compensation paid.” That’s what he said.

“But look at me, by the human face of the renewed hope agenda administration, we are even paying for people who are illegally staying on the coastal line, and don’t have valid infrastructure and valid documents. That is mercy, that’s mercy… You know some people darken counsel without knowledge. You know there’s the devil in the details.

“When you condemn people, you bring judgment upon yourself. And that is what he (Obi) has done. And I think he’s inciting some of the southeast people that are not well informed. He is inciting them. And gets them into trouble. And he doesn’t go to fight for them. Wisdom is a defence. And I want our people to have wisdom because I am involved.

“There’s is no inhumanity meted to Landmark, that matters should be buried because I was there. And so we fought everything possible. Even some people donated property to save his two big infrastructures. That’s appreciation. But some people have taken sides along with him to play politics.”

SOURCE
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by ambale(m): 8:42pm On May 01
lagonovo:
The question is 'have you ever been at any of those stations on that route'? What do you mean it has refused to pick? People use that service religiously everyday with even the business and first class always filled up each time I use the service except for a few occasion on morning trips. If you mean the few pending stops outside of the ones currently in use then those ones are opening up with Red Line (Yaba, Agege, Wole Soyinka/Abeokuta, Omi-Adio/Ibadan, Moniya/Ibadan - all these are fully in use on the current schedule and busy. Ransome Kuti/Abeokuta is only for brief crewmembers change at the moment).

Oga my house is along the rail track, so I know what I'm saying

Even areas near the train services are not benefiting one bit from it
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by gabbytabby: 8:42pm On May 01
Some only leave a trail of destruction in their path may God continue to disgrace them.

OboOlora:
Buhari go de Daura de chop tuwo shinkafa as e de collect BeeJ from Aisha after aluwala hahahaha

This present govt nor remember am to blame for their woes, they prefer to blame the same person they stole his mandate.

I just pity Nigerians in Nigeria, if you like don't run.
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Oracle411: 8:42pm On May 01
BarrNosaEsq:

JUNK. ENTHIC JINGOIST .

1 Like

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by ambale(m): 8:45pm On May 01
vanitybutiwanti:
ibadan rail is working perfectly, I use it whenever I am in lagos, matter of fact, I used it last month, boarded the train from the station at Ebutte metta to Moniya in Ibadan

Did I say it's not working perfectly

As a matter of fact i live around the rail track, so I know what I'm saying

For a busy route of Lagos - Ibadan, it should be having more than two trips daily

Secondly, there are not much activities around the train services

Government needs to think deeply on how these services will have both direct and indirect benefits
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by ambale(m): 8:47pm On May 01
KennethOkonkwo:

Are you in the country sha

Why do you people lie with confidence?

Which Ibadan rail is not working...something I used another in 2021

Where did you see not working?

I meant the economic activities around the train service

They've only managed one ads for more than three years now

I come in contact with the train everyday, so no be once in a while we dey talk here
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Konquest: 8:47pm On May 01
OboOlora:
Buhari go de Daura de chop tuwo shinkafa as e de collect BeeJ from Aisha after aluwala hahahaha

This present govt nor remember am to blame for their woes, they prefer to blame the same person they stole his mandate.

I just pity Nigerians in Nigeria, if you like don't run.
Your post here is HIGHLY discordant and can give a person migraines! I'm surprised you say you're based in the U.S., but you sometimes get busy posting contradictory comments on here. You need to be sent to the "naughty corner."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by agabusta: 8:48pm On May 01
Bliss4Lyfe:
People are doing something that goes against the soul of the nation.

Yet, they continue and even sound arrogant.

Soul of which nation? Don't overestimate the whinning of people that wants to use sentiments to hinder this lofty project.

I tell you categorically and emphatically that no major road has been done within any city in Nigeria asides Abuja that does not involve demolition of properties. This has been from time immemorial.

2 Likes

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Konquest: 8:50pm On May 01
Slytiger:
Peter Obi is a tribalist and has always been right from his time in Anambra as governor.

1. If he is not dividing his fellow ibos like the way he deported Ebonyi people from Anambra in 2011 or did not allow non-anambrans to contest in any election even for leadership of market positions,

2. he would pitch them against other tribes like he tagged Ngige a Yoruba candidate during the governorship election in Anambra in 2013

3. and if he can't find a way to divide with tribalism, he would divide people along religious lines like the Anglican vs Catholic fight he created in Anambra.
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by agabusta: 8:51pm On May 01
Antoeni:
The motive will be clear to EVERYONE in a matter of time. This ethnic rivalry taken too far!
It’s a fallout of the post election hate and cutting to size of an ethnic group.
No one wants to say it. You heard from me!!!

So the other properties belonging to other tribes affected is not cutting to size?

The beach resort recently commissioned by Lagos Governor in this same axis that is also affected is not cutting to size?

Only the one belonging to your tribesman is cutting to size.

May God deliver you.

1 Like

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by AkpaMgbor(m): 8:55pm On May 01
garykoeman:
Mr umahi has my vote anyday anytime for always speaking the truth.
I’m sure you said the same thing about Rochas and OUK, until time for elections came and they were hounded with EFCC and cast away in the primaries. What about minister Onu who wept publicly? OUK also wept lol. The willing tools/phools in the south like Ahmad’u Bello tagged them. When the time comes you will be at the forefront to remind Umahi were he belongs.
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Mrexcell(m): 8:58pm On May 01
How is Obi inciting the south east is he the only politician that have condemned that project? Where was this slave when tinibu and his gang were saying all kinds of offensive and provocative words against the igbos during the presidential election?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boko Haram Destroys Nigerian Military Base; 107 Troops MIA - Dailymail UK / Omoni Oboli Helped With Crowd Coordination As VP Osinbajo Waited To Vote / All 7 New Boats Acquired By Lagos For Lagferry Are Locally Made (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.