Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,525 members, 7,837,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) (29842 Views)

Tinubu, Umahi, Bala Mohammed, Others Attend First Lady’s Iftar Dinner / 2023 Presidency: Buhari To Meet Tinubu, Umahi, Okorocha, Others / After Tinubu, Umahi Informs Buhari Of 2023 Presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Sonyboom: 4:31pm On May 01
angry
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:31pm On May 01
People are doing something that goes against the soul of the nation.

Yet, they continue and even sound arrogant.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by vanitybutiwanti: 4:31pm On May 01
BarrNosaEsq:
Mr Umahi, I want to remind you and Wike that Rochas twerked more than you, Amaechi twerked more than you, Orji Uzo Kalu twerked more than you, where are they today? How did they all end up? Those who are bad students of history are bound to repeat it. I rest my case!
Are you better than Amaechi and Rochas?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by DamnnNiggarr: 4:31pm On May 01
lexotan:
Obi this, Obi that, is there no day without hearing Obi did something, na wa oooo.
If nobody is talking about you, then, you're a nobody.

Ask Donald Trump.

9 Likes

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by kenn4rill(m): 4:31pm On May 01
Hmmm we are watching
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Mitsurugi(m): 4:32pm On May 01
Slytiger:
Peter Obi is a tribalist and has always been right from his time in Anambra as governor.

1. If he is not dividing his fellow ibos like the way he deported Ebonyi people from Anambra in 2011 or did not allow non-anambrans to contest in any election even for leadership of market positions,

2. And if he can't divide within the Ibo clans, he would pitch them against other tribes like he tagged Ngige a Yoruba candidate during the governorship election,

3. and if he can't find a way to alot in tribalism, he would divide people along religious lines like the Anglican vs Catholic fight he created in Anambra.

Stale. I bet Tinubu isn't guilty of this too.

4 Likes

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by SmartyPants(m): 4:32pm On May 01
BarrNosaEsq:
Mr Umahi, I want to remind you and Wike that Rochas twerked more than you, Amaechi twerked more than you, Orji Uzo Kalu twerked more than you, where are they today? How did they all end up? Those who are bad students of history are bound to repeat it. I rest my case!

You call being sincere about National development twerking out of a wicked parochial heart. Obviously you can't even pick out the exact thing he said that you don't agree with but because it is against the prevailing agenda, he is twerking. Shame on you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Antoeni(m): 4:33pm On May 01
The motive will be clear to EVERYONE in a matter of time. This ethnic rivalry taken too far!
It’s a fallout of the post election hate and cutting to size of an ethnic group.
No one wants to say it. You heard from me!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Forumites: 4:33pm On May 01
No be umahi dey bow like el rufai Dey greet Obi for that second picture? Umahi herdsmen dey massacre ur people go and build one better infrastructure there and stop destroying your brothers properties.

6 Likes

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by UncleAyo: 4:33pm On May 01
R
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by TouchNfollow(f): 4:33pm On May 01
Is this speech necessary? Why must Umahi involve SE in Peter Obi's personal views.....I hope he will be courageous enough to say same about the North when the time comes...cos personal views no dey finish for naija.

6 Likes

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by onuman: 4:34pm On May 01
Most hediotic statement ever.
People of the SE are diverse in opinion and best educated group in Nigeria that no politician can incite them en mass against anyone.

11 Likes

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Forumites: 4:34pm On May 01
Bliss4Lyfe:
People are doing something that goes against the soul of the nation.

Yet, they continue and even sound arrogant.

this nation has no soul in the first place.
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by bentenny(m): 4:34pm On May 01
Is Obi the only one that condemned the landmark demolition?

It's even surprising that those who are directly affected by the demolition are not speaking up maybe because they were promised compensation!

4 Likes

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by baba4thegehs: 4:35pm On May 01
BarrNosaEsq:

Very shameless, it's sad when politicians lose their sense of belonging or morality for power.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by DMerciful(m): 4:35pm On May 01
Epistle to justify hatred
emkz:
What Peter Obi is trying to do is politics of populism. He realizes that the social media mob is sympathetic to the Landmark CEO who encroached on government land, and he decided to initiate a Twitter rant yesterday condemning the project.

To tell you how dangerous it is, some people are now asking investors not to invest in Lagos and a dangerous ethnic dimension has entered the conversation.

Landmark is one of several businesses and why are other businesses silent?

Looking at what was demolished, see picture below; please how does that amount to $200million investment? Quantity surveyors and valuers, please give a fair assessment of the value of that swimming pool and temporary shanties.

While I think Umahi went too far in saying Peter Obi is inciting Igbos, I think it is important for Peter Obi to inform himself of the implications of some of his submissions in the public arena. Nigeria is too fragile to play this ethnic game because of elections.

What many are reading is him fighting for his brother's investment, whipping up mob sentiments and misrepresenting facts.

Until now, Landmark has not proved to the social media that they own the land. They are saying shift the project away so I can illegally stay on the land. That is the illegality Peter Obi supports.

Apparently, the most expensive asset there is the swimming pool.

From the internet, the cost of a swimming pool is as follows;

Let's say each gazebo costs ₦500,000. There are about twenty of them there. That works out to about ₦10,000,000. I see three buildings. Let's put them at the cost of ₦20,000,000 each. Assuming the swimming pool costs ₦80,000,000 to build + ₦10,000,000 for gazebos and ₦60,000,000 for building, that works out to ₦150,000,000. Using an exchange rate of USD$1 = ₦1,263.273; that works out to USD$120,000. Okay, let's use the exchange rate of the naira to the dollar as at six years ago, since the CEO of Landmark claimed it was a six year investment. Obviously, prices were way cheaper then, but let us still use today's prices. That ₦150,000,000 works out to about USD$450,000 using an exchange rate of ₦333 to the dollar which obtained as at six years ago. Experts can argue for inflation and price fluctuations.

Clearly, the costing shows that the investment demolished is between 0.225% to 0.06% of the $200m investment claimed by the Landmark CEO. Of course, many bought it and ran with it.

At this time, the Landmark CEO owes the government an apology and owes the mob on social media an apology for misleading the public through social media.

3 Likes

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Forumites: 4:35pm On May 01
Antoeni:
The motive will be clear to EVERYONE in a matter of time. This ethnic rivalry taken too far!
It’s a fallout of the post election hate and cutting to size of an ethnic group.
No one wants to say it. You heard from me!!!
A well known fact my brother.

7 Likes

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by zudozz: 4:36pm On May 01
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqd4ugXGKK0

SOURCE

Even Tinubu knows that this man is just being a nuiizance but I can assure u that EkwereMadu will be his faith!
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Forumites: 4:36pm On May 01
SmartyPants:

You call being sincere about National development twerking out of a wicked parochial heart. Obviously you can't even pick out the exact thing he said that you don't agree with but because it is against the prevailing agenda, he is twerking. Shame on you.
guy Umahi is twerking.

5 Likes

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by AuschwitzPrefec: 4:37pm On May 01
Sheuns:
That coastal road should be completed from start to finish by this administration that embarked upon it. Failure for this administration to complete the project 100% will add this project to long list of abandoned projects and money wasted.

If it is completed, there may be justification for it when people start feeling the positive and economic impacts.

Show us one Obi started and completed in Anambra .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by tunjijones(m): 4:37pm On May 01
Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by onuman: 4:38pm On May 01
Umahi, you are superintending a coastal highway designed by Tinubu to link the oil producing areas of the Niger delta to Lagos, so that the link between the SE to the oli producing areas is drastically lowered.
Who will maintain the road if ever built by Tinubu?
Count the cost of maintaining a road all seasons in a marshy terrain. It's a FAILED PROJECT ab initio.

4 Likes

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Antoeni(m): 4:39pm On May 01
The Yellow Represents Bigotry, Tribalism and Hatred for IGBOS

11 Likes

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by phemray(m): 4:39pm On May 01
BarrNosaEsq:
Mr Umahi, I want to remind you, Wike, and Uzodinma that Rochas twerked more than you, Amaechi twerked more than you, Orji Uzo Kalu twerked more than you, Ogbonnaya Onu (of blessed memory) twerked more than you, where are they today? How did they all end up? Some say it's the heartbreak from the last APC Presidential Primaries that killed Onu. He never recovered after the tears he shed on the podium that fateful night.

Those who are bad students of history are bound to repeat it. I rest my case!

I think we they twerked for matter most

1 Like

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Sonyboom: 4:39pm On May 01
So he should not say the truth about the bigotry Peter Peter Obi as been banking his fraudulent presidency on ba ?!

For your mind you think only Oyedepo n Bode George should speak out against their own tribesmen no Igbo should ba ?!

Mitsurugi:
Umahi you're such a compound fool! They will never give you the Presidential ticket angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by Angelfrost(m): 4:39pm On May 01
Sheuns:
That coastal road should be completed from start to finish by this administration that embarked upon it. Failure for this administration to complete the project 100% will add this project to long list of abandoned projects and money wasted.

If it is completed, there may be justification for it when people start feeling the positive and economic impacts.

Money wasted??! Lol!

I think you mean Money Diverted to personal accounts. cool

1 Like

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by ufotunang: 4:39pm On May 01
Federal governmet and umahi always listen to the advice of the wise man Peter obi...he is full of wisdom

3 Likes

Re: Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) by DMerciful(m): 4:40pm On May 01
Anything above N460 buhari left dollar is a failure. Its gonna get worse actually, Tinubu does not have the integrity to drive improvements
Sonyboom:
I pity Peter Peter Obi the little saving grace he as been banking on he want it eroded totally before the next election.

I don't blame him though I blame Tinubu with his poor n pathetic governance. If this foolish government can just bring back naira to ₦700 n stabilize it there, ensure regular supply of fuel will Peter Obi be able to show face anywhere in Nigeria talk more of dreaming about recontesting in 2027.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obasanjo Wants To Make Buhari President So That He'll Die In Office - Fayose / Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari / 2019: Buhari In Closed-door Meeting With All APC Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.