Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,159 members, 7,842,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg (25733 Views)

Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg / Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency / Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by tctrills: 11:50pm On May 10
[quote author=KingExalted post=129891682]The government lacks the support and patriotism of the people. The consequences of rigging elections. Secondly, the government is not serious at fighting corruption and fraud. The Government policies cannot attract investors. Lastly, insecurity is an issue here. People can no longer move freely. The Economy cannot grow under these circumstances [/quote
Can we stop blaming the people please. The average Nigerian has no hand in this disaster. Unless you want to blame the idiots that voted for the mad man in Aso rock.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by bentenny(m): 11:56pm On May 10
MikeMicheal:
Make e continue to go UP.

When it went lower, traders refuse to adjust price, claiming old goods.

SO, NO POINT praying for a strong Naira.
As much as I hate to say this,the traders or importers won't bring down prices with the high volatility of the currency!

You cannot depend on a naira that goes up today and goes down slightly or appreciate in few days and depreciate in days!

Stability of the naira is key to the reduction ofgoods and services!

If there is a sustainable or constant downward trend of our currency in 2 or 3 months,the traders will be forced to bring down their prices!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by JoeEeL(m): 12:03am On May 11
oluwaseunamos33:
Oh Lord, have mercy on Nigeria and bless us with competent and God fearing leaders that will take us to our promise land ijn

After shouting Emilokan abi?

E fe ku!
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by schoolboymatt(m): 12:17am On May 11
Ancecoker:
The Nigerian Naira's recent performance as the world's worst-performing currency is a complex issue with various economic and political factors contributing to its decline. Some possible reasons include:

1. Economic challenges: Nigeria's economy has faced difficulties, including inflation, currency fluctuations, and a significant decline in oil prices (Nigeria's main export).
2. Political instability: Political uncertainty and instability can lead to a loss of investor confidence, affecting the currency's value.
3. Monetary policy: Central Bank decisions, such as interest rate changes or currency interventions, can impact the Naira's performance.
4. Trade and investment: Nigeria's trade balance, foreign investment, and remittances can influence the currency's strength.
5. Global market trends: Global economic conditions, such as currency fluctuations and investor sentiment, can also impact the Naira's performance.

It's important to note that currency fluctuations can have significant effects on a country's economy and citizens.

learn how to think for yourself.
ai won't do you good.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by UnabashedIPOB: 12:21am On May 11
Where are the willing slaves who were on this platform touting the performance of your worthless and useless Naira against the $? I told you then that the so-called value gain against the $ was nothing but an illusion and temporal because your failed government is subsidizing the worthless Naira. So, only an idiot would be surprised that your Naira is losing value.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Iamzik: 12:53am On May 11
Kpartners:
Before nko?
That award is for naira naa
I have said it before that they have run out of ideas, I use to believe that Asiwaju will assemble the best brains unlike Bubuu, but I can tell you that Bubuu will even be considered a technocrat compared to the performance of Asiwaju
It will only get worst so let us tighten our belt's. But my happiness is that we all are experiencing the terror going on in this country regardless of who you voted for

Using artificial intelligence, I can tell you that the future of this country called Nigeria is not bright at all

We have a long journey ahead of us

May God be our helper

He started off on a very wrong note. But his supporters here kept cheering him on.

One year after taking over the economy is a Shadow of itself. Now we are back to paying subsidy but we are buying fuel for x4 of the former price so what was the idea behind removing subsidy and triggering hyperinflation??

APC supporters are very stupid honestly and I'm glad that there is no separate market, fuel price or dollar exchange for APC supporters. Let's keep decieving each other with propaganda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by trafficpools: 12:57am On May 11
Edusouls:
Were is buhari ooo, Nigerians are missing you already it’s not up to one year, can we survive this?
bring buhari back abeg!!!!
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by trafficpools: 1:04am On May 11
Doyin2:
Naira will surely bounce back when we stop importing petrol
dey play!!!!!
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by InvertedHammer: 1:29am On May 11
Lizzysamuel:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-05-10/usd-ngn-naira-reverses-gains-as-outlook-dims-on-declining-dollar-inflows?utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=africa&utm_medium=social&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-africa

/
Where is Timmi?

Come and settle me!

DCA around $1/N1000 and you chose to be stubborn and delusional. I gave naira two weeks around $1/N1000 and you graciously extended it to three weeks cool

/
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by livinbygrace: 1:56am On May 11
This guy no no wetin he dey do abeg,make soldiers boys do the needful abeg!!!
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Elonmuzk(m): 4:21am On May 11
I said it, foreign reserve is gone. Naira is still falling, what a stupid idea. Let me get ready to buy more properties. One man's loss is another man's gain 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by alphaNomega: 4:28am On May 11
FactBoyz:
You and I did not vote for this disaster called Tinubu. A monumental disgrace to Nigerians
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by alphaNomega: 4:50am On May 11
APOPTOSIS:
The Lawless Society has assumed its rightful position.
It's officially genetic now.
You can't be lawless and senseless yet expect the benefits enjoyed by citizens of lawful societies.
more than half of the politicians in control of the country's resources should be serving very long jail terms. but they rather stage social media convictions for our entertainment cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Bobbyjay001(m): 4:54am On May 11
Lizzysamuel:
Now that CardiB has exhausted all his ideas in giving Naira "Kung Fu" I wonder what will be the next line of action 😂.

Crypto Banned

Binance Banned too

P2P banned too

BDCs supplied with Dollars.

EFCC arresting BDc operators

Dear CardiB and Bulaba,

Who are we blaming this time?

My aged grandma?

They have no any other ideas to pad the naira. We are back to square one
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Geovanni412(m): 5:39am On May 11
bentenny:

As much as I hate to say this,the traders or importers won't bring down prices with the high volatility of the currency!

You cannot depend on a naira that goes up today and goes down slightly or appreciate in few days and depreciate in days!

Stability of the naira is key to the reduction goods and services!

If there is a sustainable or constant downward trend of our currency in 2 or 3 months,the traders will be forced to bring down their prices!

Very reasonable comment

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by HeroicMeastro: 5:47am On May 11
Lizzysamuel:
Now that CardiB has exhausted all his ideas in giving Naira "Kung Fu" I wonder what will be the next line of action 😂.

Crypto Banned

Binance Banned too

P2P banned too

Dear CardiB and Bulaba,

My aged grandma?
So, are you happy?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Angelawhite(m): 5:54am On May 11
We warned people like KingKO22 but they thought we don’t like Nigeria lol.

Being emotional doesn’t solve problems. Using your brain does

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by oluwaseunamos33(m): 6:03am On May 11
Orch1981:

Who did you voted in the pass election
me and my family voted peter obi and our vote no count, I need to pray for whoever that's there.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by oluwaseunamos33(m): 6:05am On May 11
JoeEeL:

After shouting Emilokan abi?

E fe ku!
see ur mouth like waste bin. For your information, me and my wife voted for Obi and as our vote no count doesn't mean we should turn whoever that's there to our enemy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Chibuezem(m): 6:14am On May 11
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by JustPowerApps(m): 6:14am On May 11
Top to bottom grin
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Snowx: 7:31am On May 11
...using Our reserve to defend naira and some APC idiots was clapping at Cardi B without knowing the exact temporal solution he was using

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by creflo22: 8:40am On May 11
He should arrest all the governors and ministers who rush and change their state allocation to dollars after monthly allocation! even the leaders do not believe in the country!!
Lizzysamuel:

Crypto Banned

Binance Banned too

P2P banned too

Dear CardiB and Bulaba,

My aged grandma?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Greenfusion: 9:37am On May 11
jmoore:
Tinubu APC gangs in government are the one manipulating the fx.

They use propaganda to make dollar appear cheaper. Once they buy billions of dollars at cheaper price, they manipulate the price to go high so they can sell to make massive gains. And the cycle will keep repeating.
This has my thought and suspicion since, I agree with this because this people are highly treacherous and corrupt. The Naira issue has been acting funny

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by JoeEeL(m): 9:44am On May 11
oluwaseunamos33:
see ur mouth like waste bin. For your information, me and my wife voted for Obi and as our vote no count doesn't mean we should turn whoever that's there to our enemy.

Lol

So u think d opposite of Emilokan is Obi?

No nau. The opposite of emilokan is Yoruba nation. Total exit!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by mmso: 9:48am On May 11
I think at this time we need Nwabali to SAVE the naira.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by PHAYOL81: 9:55am On May 11
We may still continue to deal with this currency weakness until we ramp up our production activities and tilt heavily towards complete diversification of the economy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Holaomoakin(m): 11:30am On May 11
All of them working for Tinubu-led government day and night to make sure the masses become poorer: Nah how to share the spoils go divide uhna ijn.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Laslaslala: 11:35am On May 11
Lanruze:
You see, economic principles and it's outcomes are very academic and predictable.

Rather than Globe-Trot the world looking for investors in a un-coordinated manner, PBAT and his handlers should empower the Nigerian Export Promotion Council as a dedicated agency to act as diplomats in our finished goods export drive.

No cosmetic approach to stabilizing the FX regime than a coordinated, planned and deliberate effort to engage countries with comparative disadvantage and export massively.

Export products like Cocoa is enjoying an upward gain in it's international price, same with Crude Oil & precious stones.

Exports are the only sustainable way for stabilizing the FX fluctuation.
Kudos bro you spoke well
Them no Sabi them no also gree to surround themselves with brains just like obj did in his time and to an extent president Jonathan when he went all out to shop for the best hands in all positions that was how we enjoyed the services of people like
okonjo iweala at Finance and the Economy
Dora Akunyil Nafdac
Femi Adeshina Agriculture
Barth Nnaji at POWER
Soludo at CBN
Osita chidoka FRsc
etc
In The last and present criminal government you will hardly find good hands oda than fellow known criminals, looters killers, thugs and ballot snatchers

People who can reason
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by HisXLNC1: 2:59pm On May 11
Lizzysamuel:

Crypto Banned

Binance Banned too

P2P banned too

Dear CardiB and Bulaba,

My aged grandma?
Next to blame is alcohol...and witchcraft.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Sleekfingers: 4:16pm On May 11
Lizzysamuel:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-05-10/usd-ngn-naira-reverses-gains-as-outlook-dims-on-declining-dollar-inflows?utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=africa&utm_medium=social&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-africa

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reverses back?

Some Nigerians and terrible English command...

Reverse means going back .........no need of using Back.......
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Timmi: 7:01pm On May 11
InvertedHammer:

/
Where is Timmi?

Come and settle me!

DCA around $1/N1000 and you chose to be stubborn and delusional. I gave naira two weeks around $1/N1000 and you graciously extended it to three weeks cool

/

Keep gloating, wait till end of the year and we will see who will laugh last and longer!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UBA Appoints Oliver Alawuba As New GMD / Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? / Checkout Today's Naira Exchange Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.