Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,061 members, 7,838,696 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg (25613 Views)

Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg / Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency / Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by highchief1: 9:35pm On May 10
AqualinaXYZ:
It will get more worse this I pray

Since we can’t gain reduction in price of goods then make we dey gain in dollars

2500 before end of next month
guy wetin na.2500 u want 05 corola to become 20m lol
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by yommen: 9:38pm On May 10
FactBoyz:
You and I did not vote for this disaster called Tinubu. A monumental disgrace to Nigerians

Only speak for yourself. You join everyone on Nairaland vote them vote? In tact, no body voted for Tinubu na.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by highchief1: 9:39pm On May 10
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by phoneport(m): 9:40pm On May 10
Nahunger:
grin cheesy cheesy

E be like say na ogun go kill IMF and her sister agencies, they want to keep us impoverished so they can keep selling their lies globally...

Ogun how you and sango go just siddon dey look as these snakes wan bite IRON, dey want turn iron and fire to dust 😠
Leave IMF alone my friend, channel your frustrations on Tilumbu he is the clueless one from the west jor cool

Ogun should look for his child in the to kpai grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Ebubu: 9:40pm On May 10
Lizzysamuel:
Now that CardiB has exhausted all his ideas in giving Naira "Kung Fu" I wonder what will be the next line of action 😂.

Crypto Banned

Binance Banned too

P2P banned too

BDCs supplied with Dollars.

EFCC arresting BDc operators

Dear CardiB and Bulaba,

Who are we blaming this time?

My aged grandma?
osino my aged grandma grin

The only way out is to increase exports simple and short
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Metrofox(m): 9:41pm On May 10
Kpartners:
Before nko?
That award is for naira naa
I have said it before that they have run out of ideas, I use to believe that Asiwaju will assemble the best brains unlike Bubuu, but I can tell you that Bubuu will even be considered a technocrat compared to the performance of Asiwaju
It will only get worst so let us tighten our belt's. But my happiness is that we all are experiencing the terror going on in this country regardless of who you voted for

Using artificial intelligence, I can tell you that the future of this country called Nigeria is not bright at all

We have a long journey ahead of us

May God be our helper

My man don add AI into reasoning grin

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by SKYHIGHfx: 9:45pm On May 10
modernWays:

You know me in person?

We were happy but we voted him out? Didn't entire South voted massively for him in 2011?

Kindly bring out a thread or hradlines where other tribes were jubilating at every misfortune during Jonathan era.

U be fowl oooo, u blind, or they born after jona lost? Agbado

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Scamburster(m): 9:45pm On May 10
modernWays:

If only you are half intelligent or educated, you would've know that telling people to hold their dollar closely was an act of terrorism on your economy. Every dollar you keep has a negative impact on its availability and subsequently increase its value. In a sane climate, this stupid woman would've been putting behind the bar.

I wonder the joy you people seen in making your country inhabitable to yourselves. I really wish this country break up soon, just tire of sharing an identity with set of bitter souls who derived joy in seeing their country suffer because they lost the election. Useless animals.
Lol, you are angry? 🙄Nkakwu.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by cutedharmee: 9:53pm On May 10
It will soon crash....
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by ussv: 9:55pm On May 10
There are forces making sure naira never comes back.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Ifeco01: 9:58pm On May 10
Is time to blame WhatsApp
....for making dollar to rise

Just watch and see

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Dzzzz: 10:02pm On May 10
Bulaba supporters,Hope your ok?
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by costandi(m): 10:10pm On May 10
Ancecoker:
The Nigerian Naira's recent performance as the world's worst-performing currency is a complex issue with various economic and political factors contributing to its decline. Some possible reasons include:

1. Economic challenges: Nigeria's economy has faced difficulties, including inflation, currency fluctuations, and a significant decline in oil prices (Nigeria's main export).
2. Political instability: Political uncertainty and instability can lead to a loss of investor confidence, affecting the currency's value.
3. Monetary policy: Central Bank decisions, such as interest rate changes or currency interventions, can impact the Naira's performance.
4. Trade and investment: Nigeria's trade balance, foreign investment, and remittances can influence the currency's strength.
5. Global market trends: Global economic conditions, such as currency fluctuations and investor sentiment, can also impact the Naira's performance.

It's important to note that currency fluctuations can have significant effects on a country's economy and citizens.
Stop fooling yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Faposky95: 10:14pm On May 10
Running a country is not like running a football league or championship......
The commentators hail you this moment, next, you're the definition of downfall......
Same Bloomberg.....showing that we're truly a laughing stock of an economy
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Tendd: 10:19pm On May 10
Worst performing currency, the lowest life expectancy in the world only slightly above Chad republic,the poverty capital of the world,in order words the poorest humans that ever walked the planet earth...
Why are we always at the bottom?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by iLegendd(m): 10:20pm On May 10
Lizzysamuel:
Now that CardiB has exhausted all his ideas in giving Naira "Kung Fu" I wonder what will be the next line of action 😂.

Crypto Banned

Binance Banned too

P2P banned too

BDCs supplied with Dollars.

EFCC arresting BDc operators

Dear CardiB and Bulaba,

Who are we blaming this time?

My aged grandma?
I'm really sorry. I'm current reason it's crashing. I spiritually removed Tinubu and CBN governor's brains, so they can't think properly. You Nigerians should forgive me.

Goodluck Jonathan will be laughing at us now.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by ceejay80s(m): 10:26pm On May 10
Orch1981:

If I check well now you voted for apc
No need to check well, I voted no body
All candidates didn't convince me they will do well, they were all below 30% score.
Some are there just to be on history to be one of Nigerias presidents and some are there to loot
They are all thieves with different percentage score...
Haven't u noticed that all ur past president that committed crime by stealing, embezzle, fraud are exempt from trial?
In us trump is still in court and if he's found guilty, must go to prison, but all ours are still walking free, if we get a good president that that purely leed this country, he will be assassinated,
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by DJInfluence: 10:29pm On May 10
Yo-yo currency.

Who will efcc arrest next to make the currency appreciate again.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by bigiyaro(m): 10:31pm On May 10
FX no dey look any basstaadd face, no any propaganda and window dressing go fit change black to white in FX matters. If want a strong naira, stop stealing, stop borrowing and still steal the borrowed money. Stop propaganda and the blame game and get to work, oh shiiit, I forgot, APC government is too dull and empty brained to help the naira.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Usmanovic95(m): 10:32pm On May 10
ussv:
There are forces making sure naira never comes back.

Yes you are right,force of gravity is making sure naira never comes back cool
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Adakintroy: 10:37pm On May 10
The first leader to put aside all thing else and invest in energy or fix it I the one I will guess is serious with the economy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Topman7: 10:39pm On May 10
Sometimes I wish Bloomberg would just shut the f.u.ck up.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by HopeGying: 10:40pm On May 10
AI copycat.

Ancecoker:
The Nigerian Naira's recent performance as the world's worst-performing currency is a complex issue with various economic and political factors contributing to its decline. Some possible reasons include:

1. Economic challenges: Nigeria's economy has faced difficulties, including inflation, currency fluctuations, and a significant decline in oil prices (Nigeria's main export).
2. Political instability: Political uncertainty and instability can lead to a loss of investor confidence, affecting the currency's value.
3. Monetary policy: Central Bank decisions, such as interest rate changes or currency interventions, can impact the Naira's performance.
4. Trade and investment: Nigeria's trade balance, foreign investment, and remittances can influence the currency's strength.
5. Global market trends: Global economic conditions, such as currency fluctuations and investor sentiment, can also impact the Naira's performance.

It's important to note that currency fluctuations can have significant effects on a country's economy and citizens.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by modernWays: 10:42pm On May 10
SKYHIGHfx:

U be fowl oooo, u blind, or they born after jona lost? Agbado

Idiot, bring out the thread or hradlines where people are happy during Jonathan era.

Change your way, so that the land on which you dwell can bless you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by NairalandGOAT1: 10:52pm On May 10
AqualinaXYZ:
It will get more worse this I pray

Since we can’t gain reduction in price of goods then make we dey gain in dollars

2500 before end of next month

Iseeeehhh
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Putinofrussia: 10:56pm On May 10
obi4eze:
grin

Balablu magic.

When they were told to hold their dollars closely, imagine what these Tinubu propagandists were saying. I hope they are still here to see the magic their oga is performing on the exchange rate.

Who will they blame this time around? Of course they will surely blame Peter Obi who they are seriously teaching a lesson.

Propaganda is not governance. Fx rate is blind to propaganda.
Naira will appreciate back tremendously.
Light will overcome darkness.
Nigerians will eventually triumph.
God reigns.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Alliswell248: 10:57pm On May 10
If it were otherwise, these same sore losers would say it is propaganda.....

All of them are rejoicing, thinking this would make us vote bitter obi....

Keep wailing....
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Antivirus92(m): 10:58pm On May 10
modernWays:

If only you are half intelligent or educated, you would've know that telling people to hold their dollar closely was an act of terrorism on your economy. Every dollar you keep has a negative impact on its availability and subsequently increase its value. In a sane climate, this stupid woman would've been putting behind the bar.

I wonder the joy you people seen in making your country inhabitable to yourselves. I really wish this country break up soon, just tire of sharing an identity with set of bitter souls who derived joy in seeing their country suffer because they lost the election. Useless animals.
if I see a pit and show you the pit so that u don't fall into it. You neglected all my warnings and jump into the pit like a blind man. Do not turn around and start blaming me. We warned you people against tinubu but because of religion and tribal affiliation, you neglected us and went on to vote him. Blame yourself now and not us

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Antivirus92(m): 11:01pm On May 10
modernWays:

You know me in person?

We were happy but we voted him out? Didn't entire South voted massively for him in 2011?

Kindly bring out a thread or hradlines where other tribes were jubilating at every misfortune during Jonathan era.
so who is jubilation now?
Bring out a thread of people jubilating now
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by KingExalted: 11:02pm On May 10
The government lacks the support and patriotism of the people. The consequences of rigging elections. Secondly, the government is not serious at fighting corruption and fraud. The Government policies cannot attract investors. Lastly, insecurity is an issue here. People can no longer move freely. The Economy cannot grow under these circumstances

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Trustyourself: 11:38pm On May 10
Orch1981:

Them don deport am to osun state

Maybe grin
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by LiveWire85: 11:49pm On May 10
I say make I tell una say Naira don die

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Loses N180,000 To ‘magic’ Driver (pictured) / BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss / Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.