Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,472 members, 7,840,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader (15334 Views)

Bet9ja Agents Lament ‘unprofitable’ New Target Policy / Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience / Sick And Tired Of Unprofitable Internet Businesses? Try This And Leap For Joy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Pussyisgud: 12:26pm On May 11
mmadu5:
6 children and they allowed her to be selling petty things to survive . I would never allow my mom to work at that age . Useless children.
Dey play, u neva seen anything

1 Like

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Doyin2(m): 12:29pm On May 11
ElevationD:

So simple to assume.
Can you differentiate between “need” and “want” please?

Needs are essentials that you can not live or do without having.

You can live or do without Wants.

E.g . You cannot do without food and water,but you can live or do without DSTV or phone😃

You can also break down your Needs.

E.g you can do without buying certain food items more so when they are expensive and beyond your means.At that point,they become want and not needs if there are cheaper foods that can keep body and soul together.
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by poiZon: 12:31pm On May 11
helinues:

Needs are essentials/priorities while wants are secondary
So biscuits, tapioca R wants in Ur mind ..

1 Like

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Cooldowntemper: 12:32pm On May 11
helinues:
Perhaps, your line of business is not what people needs but wants

Go get a job and stop feeding from your mother

7 Likes

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Cooldowntemper: 12:35pm On May 11
poiZon:

They are electronics according to the destitute you quoted

4 Likes

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by PointZerom: 12:35pm On May 11
Available9:
sell fried akara and yam...then thank me later ...just look for a busy bus stop like enerhen junction, sedico round about, or by the mother of the redeemer school

Oga Buhari and Tinubu don cast petty businesses.

You buy a tuber of yam for 4k after selling it, when you return to buy another one it'll be 6k. This is why the business is struggling.

Naira is not static so also is goods and businesses are suffering it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Doyin2(m): 12:36pm On May 11
poiZon:

Of course!

They are secondary to major food or feeding needs.

Circumstances also determine your needs.

Compare Gari and pap to Biscuit and Tapioca.
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by viodemus: 12:36pm On May 11
Nigeria for you.
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Vulcan24(m): 12:37pm On May 11
There's so much sabotaging in the country! I asked for prices of some items, these guys just load cost like say they wan buy yatch !!! Things are tough but we shouldn't create false market impression by inflating prices at astronomical rates!

Greed will kill the economy as much as bad governance
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by nedekid: 12:38pm On May 11
CodeTemplar:
Buy a cartoon of biscuit N4000 make N100 profit and it is now N6000. That's N1900 lost to differentials.
No be juju be dat? shocked
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Menclothing1: 12:38pm On May 11
This is Nigeria I pray for help for everyone
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by PotatoSalad(m): 12:40pm On May 11
helinues:
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by jojothaiv(m): 12:41pm On May 11
CodeTemplar:
Buy a cartoon of biscuit N4000 make N100 profit and it is now N6000. That's N1900 lost to differentials.
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by NEUDUDE: 12:43pm On May 11
Vinnie2000:

Bro, I have my Business, so I understand the Woman perfectly. undecided

Years back before Buhari and his DISASTER brother Tinibu came, When you make profit in your business, you could save it well. smiley

In Warri then, We heard of Akara and Bole women who used their Profit Savings to train their children in UNIBEN and Delsu, Abraka. shocked smiley

But now, any Profits you make in Business is used to buy Expensive Stuffs in the market. E.g. Garri. embarassed sad

funny how one person wants to increase prices of goods and expect other commodities not to increase aswell.

we go soon dey carry money full ghana must go to enter t-fare soon.

a vial of Xalacom i buy for my mom for her glaucoma treatment that was 5,500 to 6k is now 24,200 a very small eye drop oh that last for just 3 weeks oh.

Imagine if someone that sells garri in the market depends on this same drug how do they survive? Theyll definitely inflate their prices too.

You people will leave the root cause of why this is happening and be wailing upandan

APC will finish this country kpatakpata. Their policies go ruin this country eventually they should continue grin.

I dont feel any sympathy for her cos as crazy as it sounds she might have voted APC and come 2027 might still do it again for 3k lol

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Confirm4real(m): 12:44pm On May 11
Whereas agbadorians are seeing it from a different angle cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by FreeStuffsNG: 12:45pm On May 11
mmadu5:
6 children and they allowed her to be selling petty things to survive . I would never allow my mom to work at that age . Useless children.
Haba. You are the one closest to understanding her real issue but ended up spoiling your points by calling her children useless.
Her liability far exceeds what that business can support. Her husband is her number 1 liability , with her children makes 7 . When liabilities far exceed assets, it is poverty.

2 Likes

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:46pm On May 11
dominique:
So none of their 6 grown-up children can pitch in and help their living conditions?

At our old age, may we not become liability to our children and grandchildren.

So make she no make her own money again simply coz she has grown up kids. It is well with APC supporters sha

5 Likes

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Juniorangel(m): 12:46pm On May 11
Only people into petty trader business will understand her, Omo that kind business no easy ooo

2 Likes

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by babaarewa(m): 12:46pm On May 11
Zooposki:

Just like the aged husband parasiting off his wife. I bet she is also doing all the housework. She better leave his lazy and broke ass behind instead of developing hypertension.
. You must be joking!!! only insane people can do that.
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Cooldowntemper: 12:46pm On May 11
FreeStuffsNG:

Haba. You are the one closest to understanding her real issue but ended up spoiling your points by calling her children useless.
Her liability far exceeds what that business can support. Her husband is her number 1 liability.

Will you keep quiet

1 Like

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Fujiyama: 12:48pm On May 11
Jokerman:
Benue and Kogi people no dey care

^^^
Not that his state of origin is relevant to the topic but that fellow isn't from Benue or Kogi.

2 Likes

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Archtype(m): 12:49pm On May 11
Business in Nigeria is now a total disaster...Since this year I haven't made any profit, it's more like you are running around a cycle with debts on top...You are lucky if you don't owe debt, I recently ask someone if his side is better so that I can switch over with the little Money that I have left as capital, the guy sat me down and started narrating his own story oo...Oh boy to run business in this country is not easy now at all...I just pity "Nwa Boyi" that they will settle this year sha, even with 3M e go still come be like say he dey do ọsọ afia

3 Likes

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by snowball11(m): 12:50pm On May 11
helinues:

Look at a business mogul here on nairaland advising a business woman on the line of business she needs to do!

Idiotic idiot of no known existential value wasting away here on nairaland! grin

6 Likes

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by idahme(m): 12:52pm On May 11
ElevationD:

Please with the description of the items in her small shop, can you single out the essentials, priorities and secondary?

I like how u are trying to bring out a little intellect in him , wherever he falters explain better for him.

1 Like

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by abba190: 12:59pm On May 11
she is not alone, i work in a factory i earn 1k daily my salary is 30 i forget when last i chop belle full. i spend 600 on bread and pure water in the morning alone. tinubu is really dealing with us i feel like quitting but i know what i went through bfor i get this factory work

2 Likes

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Forumites: 1:00pm On May 11
helinues:
You dey talk anyhow sha.

2 Likes

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Kevineleven(m): 1:02pm On May 11
You even try, Many small businesses are dead, mine inclusive .

2 Likes

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by michoim(m): 1:04pm On May 11
Vinnie2000:
Hmmm,

That's the case of many Businesses in Nigeria since the Devillish Party called APC came to power in 2015. embarassed undecided

Purchasing Power of Nigerians are now low, hence many Businesses are struggling.
Even if your Business booms, your Profits will be used to buy Inflated food and household items in the market.😕😒

E no go better for Buhari, Tinibu and their YEYE supporters! sad
It is really devilish & hellish & cursed...May no nation under the sun ever experience this kind of government

3 Likes

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Niok: 1:06pm On May 11
FreeStuffsNG:

Her liability far exceeds what that business can support. Her husband is her number 1 liability , with her children makes 7 . When liabilities far exceed assets, it is poverty.
now let's talk about how many more households tinubu and his retardedd policies have plunged into poverty bigot

1 Like

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by gigfx: 1:07pm On May 11
When they tell u say Nigeria is not for u and u are there still claiming that na we get the con3.

A friend of my in the UK told me that he wanted to setup a biz in Nigeria. The only question I asked him is that I hope he is not expecting profit from the biz.

Because, for any biz u wanted to site in Nigeria now, u must know that the purchasing power of the people has been run down to zero. So, how are they going to buy whatever services that u want to provide.

1 Like

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by ilemona4you2(m): 1:10pm On May 11
helinues:

You no know the kain heavy curses wey you dey bring upon yourself by continually supporting evil, just for a few crumbs.

You are the biggest fool. I swear you are the biggest fool.

Your punishment is just being delayed. Nature will take care of you and your kind very soon.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block / Scam Alert:: E-commerce-ng.com Is A Ponzi.. Do Not Invest. Photo / How Much Cost Is Required For Small Cement Plant Setup In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.