Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,545 members, 7,840,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader (15339 Views)

Bet9ja Agents Lament ‘unprofitable’ New Target Policy / Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience / Sick And Tired Of Unprofitable Internet Businesses? Try This And Leap For Joy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by chukwudi3(m): 1:37pm On May 11
Go and know what is wrong with you. Maybe they AV substituted your destiny o
Bobloco:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/the-more-i-put-money-in-my-business-the-more-unprofitable-it-is/
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Dada4me: 1:41pm On May 11
Please lend me money, I will pay back in instalments with interest.
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by correctguy101(m): 1:42pm On May 11
Vinnie2000:

Bro, I have my Business, so I understand the Woman perfectly. undecided

Years back before Buhari and his DISASTER brother Tinibu came, When you make profit in your business, you could save it well. smiley

In Warri then, We heard of Akara and Bole women who used their Profit Savings to train their children in UNIBEN and Delsu, Abraka. shocked smiley

But now, any Profits you make in Business is used to buy Expensive Stuffs in the market. E.g. Garri. embarassed sad

True...

Many in business now have to suffer even reduced profit as you dare not add too much. As most consumers these days care little about quality.

Someone approached me and suggested I start diluting my goods to cover for some losses. People are doing it and my customers are patronizing them instead cos of the little difference in price... shocked

Sales are no longer what they used to be...

Those whose businesses aren't affected and are instead raking in massive profits, I hail una, make una come show us road o...

SMH

3 Likes

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Babatwo2: 1:45pm On May 11
That's spiritual.
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by YouAreNobody: 1:47pm On May 11
mmadu5:
6 children and they allowed her to be selling petty things to survive . I would never allow my mom to work at that age . Useless children.

Useless talk. We're based abroad and my parents are very comfortable but my mom still operates a mini supermarket in Owerri, she might doesn't want to stay idle
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Slimlord(m): 1:50pm On May 11
dominique:
So none of their 6 grown-up children can pitch in and help their living conditions?
Makes no sense to talk from afar. You don't think she feed herself and hubby from an under the umbrella business do you?
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by mmadu5(m): 1:55pm On May 11
YouAreNobody:

Useless talk. We're based abroad and my parents are very comfortable but my mom still operates a mini supermarket in Owerri, she might doesn't want to stay idle

Mini super market and frying Ankara which one is much better . Oga her children are useless
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by gigfx: 2:02pm On May 11
mmadu5:

Mini super market and frying Ankara which one is much better . Oga her children are useless

Guy u still don't get it. Some of the older generations are not lazy like youth of nowadays.

We are 6 children too and non of us are in the con3, we sent minimum of #50k a month to our parent monthly not including the ones our wives will sent, still my mum still have a shop in front of the house to sell stuffs.

My mom will go to the extent of going to the market to buy palm kernel to make palm oil. Not that she don't have money to buy the ready made oil.

1 Like

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by YouAreNobody: 2:06pm On May 11
mmadu5:

I get your point though, but you can't really be sure. Maybe this is a business the woman is comfortable with. You never can tell

1 Like

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by blackslayer: 2:10pm On May 11
“As a trader, what I spend is more than what I make from my business. I buy a carton of biscuits for N4,000 today and a month later, the cost price rises to N6,000."

Sounds like an investment opportunity for profit exists if what she said above is true! Perhaps i'm missing something!
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by ForexMarket(m): 2:12pm On May 11
This is one of the many reasons why I strongly advise people (young or old, working class or retired, unemployed, employed or self employed, undergraduate or post graduate, etc to learn how to trade forex.

Trading forex with proper risk management and money management will guarantee your financial independence.

I TEACH PEOPLE HOW TO TRADE FOREX IN THE FINANCIAL MARKET FOR FREE.

Check my signature for contact.
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Pat081: 2:21pm On May 11
Jflex07:
Tinubu does not know what government entails.
Yes he has nothing upstairs all what he wants is to get to power

1 Like

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Ubanz: 2:48pm On May 11
Look for any Igbo man or woman around to mentor you on how to survive harsh business environment.
It will be well, sorry.
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by fmonigent(m): 3:04pm On May 11
ElevationD:

So simple to assume.
Can you differentiate between “need” and “want” please?

No mind that one, always talking trash
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by villagereporter(m): 3:57pm On May 11
Jflex07:
Tinubu does not know what government entails.

I tell you brother OLORIBU ni Tinubu.
My own farm too lay fallow because Ajah boys from Benin Republic has refuse to continue their annual work due to naira depreciation.

1cfa is now 2,200k.

Kó ní dá fún Tinubu.
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Brushstrokes20: 4:10pm On May 11
eBOLA has only come to STEAL, KILL AND DESTROY 💯💯💯
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by IbeOkehie: 4:16pm On May 11
mmadu5:
6 children and they allowed her to be selling petty things to survive . I would never allow my mom to work at that age . Useless children.

I thought businesses were booming in Nigeria? What happened?

Very, very interesting. When my mother migrated to the USA at age 53, my siblings and I had the exact same sentiment. We insisted she just relax and take life easy. She adamantly refused and took up the challenge and found a job. She rode public transport and at a point lived alone for many years when we moved back to Nigeria or other states.

It turned out that my mother was right. She worked for 15 years and it was the best thing for ALL of us, in so many ways. Many older Nigerians who arrive here now start working in child care, shop cashiers, hotel maids and whatever else. It's good for their mental and physical health, they earn decent money, they help their extended families back home.

Well, Nigerian culture is different sha. That's why when one Nigerian resident on here was condemning house mortgage and life insurance, I was just shocked

Good Luck to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Grace001: 4:37pm On May 11
When I hear some people say Nigeria is the best place to live, to make it seem like we those that japa are wasting there time. I just smile at their suffering and smiling way of life

Make una Dey enjoy una useless government
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Agadinaagwuofe: 5:01pm On May 11
Eriokanmi:
Remember this fact...we're in Tinubu's government, someone who is leading by propaganda and never prepared for the job.

A doctor friend whom I drove to his hotel last week from the airport told me this fact...
That in 2014, until early 2015, your naira in the bank was worth gold and at some point, naira and dollar rate both at the black and official markets were equal so, people hardly patronised the bank to get fx. I remember a day I was in Montreaux in Switzerland and inserted my ATM card in their machine and withdrew Swiss franc, their local but powerful currency. Our economy was under control with no stress. Gari seller never complained, transport companies stabilised their fares including airlines ticket for a pretty long time.

Today, the reverse is the case. All those who participated in bringing in this government of evil will meet their Waterloo, no be curse. Its a reality that's dawning on us all cos we go to same market and queue at petrol station to buy fuel on which he said subsidy is gone but they're even paying it now in trillions

In 2009, we bought 2 Toyota corolla cars from metropolitan motors, brand new though manual transmission at 2.2m each, even with some discount. Same car is worth several millions of naira today. Its even better to trade now in cotonou cfa, the currency that was once the worst in performance in Africa than trade in naira at the border. Yesterday, i read that naira is now a worst performing currency in africa and we're no more the largest economy in africa, despite our vast resources, population and the Mr magic in power.

The below are the causes

1- voting along the sentiment lines instead of merit. Omo wa nii, ęję o shee. When a candidate failed at home, what does that mean...that he'd done well to the members in the family? No! That alone is a bad omen in the last election but a lot of people were so myopic in nature.

2- corruption. When you have same group of corrupt old men in power, don't expect miracles. Status quo would be maintained. They don't know your family even though you voted them in, out of sentiments. You're OYO.

I took a contract recently and everyone in that ministry was calling me. Those whom I didn't even know when doing all the wahala. They said where person dey work, na there him dey chop so make i remember them. So, if I now remember everyone, what would be left for me and that's why many do a substandard job and nobody would gbemu cos they've been all settled and what's left could do nothing .

3- unproductive loan. Buhari had borrowed a hell of loan which were unproductive. The creditors don't take us seriously anymore. We keep borrowing and some have stopped giving . You borrowed to pay salary to ghost workers, execute contracts that have been inflated 4 times its actual cost and which they'd still abandon. The interest we pay on them is huge. In the end, money meant for real projects and development will be so lean.

4-Reckless spending of govt. Nigerian NA members are the highest-paid in the world. Don't expect anything reasonable, wherever such is happening. They're made up of former governors who have retired in senate after ruining their respective states while in power, economically. You came to power and added more ministries after you've committed the blunder of floating the naira and ending subsidy same time. Angola is a good example of a reasonable nation with a reasonable leader. They removed subsidy too but in piece meal, even with the palliatives already out in place before removing the subsidy gradually.

May I ask, where are the Tinubu's palliatives, one year after? Why is it only Nigeria that seems to be hardest hit by the global inflation as if we're the only country in africa, why not other African countries? Only in Nigeria will you see people protesting over common food. Whenever we say vote wisely, e get why. And these are the whys...

We're just suffering because of our own mistakes in this country. God has been kind to us. Its annoying when they say our naira was so bad cos we're less productive, because we import more. They should read the law of comparative advantage. There some stuffs we'd be importing till the end of the world and which wouldn't cause the naira to fall. Btw 1999 and early 2015, i wonder what we were producing when the naira was so strong. I wonder if we've stopped importing now, what we were importing then. To the best of my knowledge, we've even dropped some by producing them locally. We also export more now yet, the economy is in this terrible shape. When the world encountered a global melt down, we were not affected then, it was because we had a robust economic team in place. What has changed ? You can answer that.

Until we correct all these, we're still playing. God bless Nigeria.

You know whenever I hear Nigerians complaining I wonder if people complaining were blind when the trumpet of bleak nature were blown. The truth is until we move away from the old form of politics were politicians see election as a way to repay each other these type of hunger and starvation won't be a thing of the past.
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by uvie66: 5:24pm On May 11
mmadu5:
have the children being able to take care of their self in the first place, so if the children are struggling themselves they should sacrifice their own comfort for the sake of their mother.

1 Like

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by uvie66: 5:30pm On May 11
Emeskhalifa:

At our old age, may we not become liability to our children and grandchildren.

So make she no make her own money again simply coz she has grown up kids. It is well with APC supporters sha
The thing weak, if to say she know say looking after six children will make her destitute in old age, she should curtailed the number of children she born.
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by bluefilm: 6:05pm On May 11
End time business
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by poiZon: 6:19pm On May 11
Doyin2:

Of course!

They are secondary to major food or feeding needs.

Circumstances also determine your needs.

Compare Gari and pap to Biscuit and Tapioca.
Do u know how much is a bag of garri?

Biscuits is need cos that's what most parents can afford for their kids lunch pack ..
Tapioca na what all these labourers take during the hustle time to hold belle till they collect that 2k from the daily hustle.

Those R quick fix n necessary needs now.
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by ufotunang: 7:30pm On May 11
It's the tinubu hard economy , bad economy causing it...high costs of fuel, disel, naira depreciating against the dollars, multiple taxation, inflation, lack of constant power supply. high costs of shop rentage and the environment not conducive for bussinesses companies industries to thrive...it's a pity .....if Peter obi was the one in power all this hardship nigerians and bussinesses are going through would not had happened ..he would had made the economy and country better and give nigerians better life and better standard of living
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by ufotunang: 7:31pm On May 11
What did you expect from Tinubu the president that the only thing he could only tell nigerians during his presidential campaign that...it's my turn
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by eepeepook: 8:27pm On May 11
abba190:
she is not alone, i work in a factory i earn 1k daily my salary is 30 i forget when last i chop belle full. i spend 600 on bread and pure water in the morning alone. tinubu is really dealing with us i feel like quitting but i know what i went through bfor i get this factory work
You no die again?
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by IamCookie(f): 8:57pm On May 11
LadyExcellency:
Have you checked the law of diminishing returns to eliminate the factors contributing to the outcome?

The economy is biting really hard... Yes , I think she needs to rearrange those factors , avoid wastage and reduce stock. Also, she might consider moving to a better location where more sales are assured like nearness to schools where these range of goods can go quickly...

I also like the way the woman puts it when she says , " She wondered why the government at various levels hardly paid attention to the suffering and cry of the common man." It shows that she has sense and knows that govt isn't just Tinubu ONLY...
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Ewedegubbler: 5:46am On May 12
Sounds Like u have been buying micro cap crypto. Nothing worse than those.
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by benjyyyyy07: 6:24am On May 12
Some Of you just pick phone and type things that makes me laugh on this forum, like are you not understanding what she literally mean? That same akara and yam need money, hope you heard when she said she was old so firewood would kill her quickly.
Gas cannister and filling=
Oil 5litres =
Beans paint=
Yam=
Pot and spoon=
Table and small stool=
Umbrella=
Salt, Maggie and pepper =
Torch for night=
Kindly estimate this..
The funny part is this same things would be more expensive when she goes to buy after using this, wiping the profit away..[color=#990000][/color]
Available9:
sell fried akara and yam...then thank me later ...just look for a busy bus stop like enerhen junction, sedico round about, or by the mother of the redeemer school

1 Like

Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Coolgent(m): 6:38am On May 12
ElevationD:

So simple to assume.
Can you differentiate between “need” and “want” please?

Example:

You need food.

You want Wristwatch.
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by Funkybabee(f): 9:38pm On May 12
Because of the exchange rate, I loss a customer order with a profit of 5k

Any time I remembered it, I will just be sad
Re: The More I Put Money In My Business, The More Unprofitable It Is -Petty Trader by rumenase(m): 11:24am On May 14
Available9:
sell fried akara and yam...then thank me later ...just look for a busy bus stop like enerhen junction, sedico round about, or by the mother of the redeemer school
people wey dey sell yam and akara still dey complain, the economy is bad, anytime you go to the market prices of goods have gone up, why una dey do like say una nor know wetin dey happen for the country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Cost Is Required For Small Cement Plant Setup In India / Easiest Way To Send Money From Algeria To Nigeria? / Why You Should Maintain Loyalty With One Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.