Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,932 members, 7,845,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira (31453 Views)

Why We Charge in Dollars - NPA GM, Coporate Communications, Sarah Ballah / BREAKING: Bank Stops Dollar Transactions Using Naira Debit Cards / Breaking: 24 Hours Goje Stepped Down For Lawal, EFCC Stops Case Against Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Amotolongbo(f): 10:43am On May 11
Putindbutt:

What's so obvious?, that CBN sold dollars to banks and BDCs?, is that a crime? and how much was even sold to them, less than $600m in 4months. so why the wailings?, we have far bigger loans to service monthly, abeg rest.
Stay infront of your phone screen to continue making analysis on things that are beyond you

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by nedu666: 10:45am On May 11
Based on international law and diplomatic rights of Embassies as being a territory within your country, efcc has no rights. Efcc should face other business charging in naira

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Crysallis(m): 10:47am On May 11
Nlfpmod come and see.

EFCC was foreign missions to accept Naira while preventing them from accepting dollar in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Bullet01(f): 10:50am On May 11
We are getting there. I know sense will return to us one day

1 Like

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by GUNITGuy: 10:51am On May 11
Great move I think the Government is gradually yielding to my advice....Make all transactions by foreigners be in naira

1 Like

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by CheapHomes1: 10:52am On May 11
Mjshexy:
All businesses or institutions transacting in dollars should be immediately stopped, we can't continue this way

which way can you not continue?
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by CheapHomes1: 10:52am On May 11
GUNITGuy:
Great move I think the Government is gradually yielding to my advice....Make all transactions by foreigners be in naira

advice? are you saying that this government has no plan but is just waiting for advice to make decisions?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by israelmao(m): 10:54am On May 11
All these perfunctory and latent measures are taking Naira to no strong position FG should face the real sectors of the economy and create an enabling environment so we can export goods thereby increasing dollar inflow.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Yankee101: 10:54am On May 11
Tinubu’s boys are trying to rectify his mistake of devaluing the naira
O ti lo

1 Like

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Charlieabc(m): 10:54am On May 11
A step forward.

Good one
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Idaytesj29(m): 10:55am On May 11
Mjshexy:
All businesses or institutions transacting in dollars should be immediately stopped, we can't continue this way

Thanks jare.
And if any business chargs me with dollar, I will just take all info I needed and head to EFCC straight. We cannot continue like this and not everyone go Japa. We need to fix outlr country ourselves. Even if we Japa, we go still come back home at some point and meet the mess

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by PointZerom: 10:56am On May 11
Godfullsam:

What is this one saying

For your mind, you know better than the EFCC .

Foreign missions/embassies in Nigeria should transact in naira then Nigerian missions and embassies abroad should jettison their host country's currency and transact in naira.

What a MUMU government.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by SoNature(m): 10:57am On May 11
This is the step I want to see. Go after politicians who carry USD up and down too.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by HugoBoss10(m): 10:59am On May 11
Another trial and error
Good luck to them anyway cool

1 Like

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Sapasenator: 10:59am On May 11
Godfullsam:

What is this one saying

Efcc knows nothing. A very useless institution that needs to be scraped.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by JAWBONE(m): 11:00am On May 11
SadiqBabaSani:
they should accept Naira anywhere in the world and deposit same into a Nigerian account

Where would the Nigerians in the US get Naira to transact with the Nigerian Embassy in US.
You people overestimate the importance of Nigeria.

Your Naira is a shit currency, even your leaders don't want to hold Naira.

Tinubu and his family own properties and assets in UK, France, US.
The Deputy Governor of Lagos has a US passport.

All these drama from EFCC and CBN is simply looking for someone else to blame when the problem is in front of them

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Padipadi: 11:01am On May 11
Better
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by macanu(m): 11:02am On May 11
Pls EFCC, also advice the oil sectors to transact only in NAIRA ONLY no more using dollars to buy our crude oil, pls direct them or any country or individuals that want to buy oil should use Naira. It will go a long way for the economy

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Putindbutt: 11:02am On May 11
Amotolongbo:
Stay infront of your phone screen to continue making analysis on things that are beyond you
Mumu talk from a dumbo, nothing inside that head to counter the points with facts aside from dem say. abeg shift

1 Like

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by ElevationD: 11:03am On May 11
And when the try to remit to their countries, there”ll be no dollar. That again would add to the pressure on banks and FG.

Anyway, let’s way and see if there”ll be any improvements.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by KushLyon(m): 11:03am On May 11
Let's even ignore the fact that Nigeria is dictating policies for a foreign embassy, thereby stepping on its sovereignty but they want foreign embassies to only deal with naira but at the same time told their embassies in those foreign countries to accept naira. I go to your house and you gave me your rules, you come to my house and you're also giving me the same rules

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by walezy14(m): 11:04am On May 11
Decision long over due.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by CountinBlessins(m): 11:04am On May 11
How about some private schools and private businesses that charge in dollar up till this morning?

How about some universities that charge in Dollar?
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by mrdharkchild(m): 11:04am On May 11
Lolz.
Our darling Tinubu is working.

Anything to push the Canoe forward.

Woke up this morning to see that
1CAD == 1050Naira.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Elliotwaveforec: 11:04am On May 11
Good one! This is Nigeria, spend the Naira not Dollar
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:04am On May 11
Mjshexy:

When will our politicians stop the dollar gulping trips? Use of foreign cars? Start Using Nigerian made?

See if your country doesn't start exporting more and importing less, forget about all these patch patch they are doing, it won't solve anything

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by KushLyon(m): 11:05am On May 11
Godfullsam:

What is this one saying

You that know better, can you tell us what is wrong with his statement?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Microbekorede(m): 11:05am On May 11
The more I read the more I don’t understand
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Tbasicme: 11:06am On May 11
I know some primary and secondary schools in ibadan who charge in dollars, I know some schools as well in Lagos, Abuja and rivers state who charge in dollars. If truly Efcc will not be biased they should start from these schools first

ProjectsCityNG:
Arrest every institution owner that charges in dollars unless they have changed. This goes to all universities and hotels owners who charge in dollars

1 Like

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Cmanforall: 11:07am On May 11
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Enemyofpeace: 11:07am On May 11
They doesn’t want us to japa again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top Politicians Woo Senators With $50,000 Each To Impeach Saraki - Daily Indept. / Dear President Tinubu, Is This Punishment Not Too Much For Our Sins? (Opinion) / #GEJ_wins2015 Now Trending On Twitter: Have Buhari Supporters Lost Steam? [pix]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.