Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,906 members, 7,838,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira (31333 Views)

Why We Charge in Dollars - NPA GM, Coporate Communications, Sarah Ballah / BREAKING: Bank Stops Dollar Transactions Using Naira Debit Cards / Breaking: 24 Hours Goje Stepped Down For Lawal, EFCC Stops Case Against Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Smartcitizen: 11:08am On May 11
Godfullsam:

What is this one saying

For your mind, you know better than the EFCC .

Your all wise EFCC has been fumbling up and down since tinubu grabbed power
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Enemyofpeace: 11:08am On May 11
Cmanforall:
shocked

Have embassies be charging g in dollar?

you dey mind them?
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Cmanforall: 11:08am On May 11
Tbasicme:
I know some primary and secondary schools in ibadan who charge in dollars, I know some schools as well in Lagos, Abuja and rivers state who charge in dollars. If truly Efcc will not be biased they should start from these schools first

shocked shocked

What
When did all these start?

No wonder the demand for dollar is on the high side, and Naira is getting weaker
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by BERNIMOORE: 11:09am On May 11
Chimarto:
You're stopping foreign missions from transacting in dollar and ordered your own foreign mission abroad to transact in naira violating the host country's policy? Our leaders have sense but they don't have wisdom.
your English comprehension is dull...

EFCC ban transaction especially issuing invoice in dollars but our foreign mission abroad are not to issue invoice in naira but can accept Naira ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by olisaEze(m): 11:09am On May 11
From Aboki fx to BDCs, to Crypto & Binance, then back to BDCs and now ……embassies?? This party of thieving clowns took power with claims of knowing exactly how to fix a country that was not broken. But ever since things have been on a steady decline, while they blame everything and everyone including God for problems caused by their very own policies & unpatriotic attitude. I wonder who they’re going to blame next! cool
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Amotolongbo(f): 11:10am On May 11
Putindbutt:

Mumu talk from a dumbo, nothing inside that head to counter the points with facts aside from dem say. abeg shift
And the one you said, no be dem say?
You be Tinubu or Cardoso with first hand info?

Your folly is legendary! 😀

1 Like

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Ulogwe1: 11:11am On May 11
A right step to follow. Our leaders knows what to do but they just want to chase mirage.

EFCC weldone, na dey work be this. No be only yahoo boys.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Ogeneigbo1: 11:11am On May 11
This is a great move if sustained.

Anyone against this decision don't actually know what he or she wants for Nigeria.

Another one should be mandate banks to start serving their customers with foreign transaction needs without asking them to buy dollar from BDC .

Open up all blocked channels so that customers can pay equivalent with their naira cards.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Cmanforall: 11:11am On May 11
Tbasicme:
I know some primary and secondary schools in ibadan who charge in dollars, I know some schools as well in Lagos, Abuja and rivers state who charge in dollars. If truly Efcc will not be biased they should start from these schools first

There should even be a law prohibiting 🚫 such. As Naira is the legal tender in Nigeria
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by vacanci: 11:11am On May 11
Chimarto:
You're stopping foreign missions from transacting in dollar and ordered your own foreign mission abroad to transact in naira violating the host country's policy? Our leaders have sense but they don't have wisdom.

i tell you.

this one off me
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:12am On May 11
Chimarto:

You can imagine the joke
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Navalsadiq(m): 11:13am On May 11
Good one
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by remzytimer: 11:13am On May 11
adeoyekay:
EFCC IS WORKING, GOD BLESS BABA OBASANJO

Thank you jare! I think this is the right way to go, I was just thinking about few days ago, I remembered how I passed through an embassy and i saw people running up and down with Dollar, i was like when are we going to get it right. Nigerian too needs to avoid shady deals that has been killing this country.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Cmanforall: 11:14am On May 11
Ogeneigbo1:
This is a great move if sustained.

Anyone against this decision don't actually know what he or she wants for Nigeria.

Another one should be mandate banks to start serving their customers with foreign transaction needs without asking them to buy dollar from BDC .

Open up all blocked channels so that customers can pay equivalent with their naira cards .

I think this your last point may have some negative effects on Nigeria's foreign reserve. Nevertheless, variations should be considered
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Phantom233: 11:14am On May 11
All these cut and join approaches won't change anything, they should just banned the use of dollars for anything transaction In the country period. Foreigners should convert their currencies to naira before doing business in Nigeria same way we convert our naira to dollars. Or better still they can join BRICS nations.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Incredible128: 11:14am On May 11
Demand for something that is printed wantonly by the government without any productivity backing and whose value falls continuously like the bosom of a woman in old age? There is little backing the naira economically and all these measures are like one chasing the wind
helinues:
Better

The more demand for naira, the more it gains her strength back
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Jamieb(m): 11:14am On May 11
SadiqBabaSani:
they should accept Naira anywhere in the world and deposit same into a Nigerian account
Isn't that a violation of the host countries local currency regulations too?
Nigeria Embassies abroad should accept the local currency there the same way EFCC wants the embassies here in Nigeria to accept the Naira .
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Navalsadiq(m): 11:15am On May 11
They should flow the Russia china agreement

You see in life when you prove stoebornnand try to be storborn,the challenges of life will compel you to do what is right when things get out of hand

1 Like

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by zionstaar75: 11:15am On May 11
Racoon:
You don't need a soothsayer to decode the direction a failed government is heading in every respect.
one day you go get sense, wailing wailer
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by F117nighthawk: 11:15am On May 11
Na now una dey make sense,Una dey sleep before,Una don wake up
How can foreign embassies be charging in dollars in your own country Nigeria and u allow the rubbish all these years?
Una mumu Neva do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Moniya4Real(m): 11:16am On May 11
🇳🇬 indeed are the enemies of Nigeria.

quote author=Chimarto post=129895044]You're stopping foreign missions from transacting in dollar and ordered your own foreign mission abroad to transact in naira violating the host country's policy? Our leaders have sense but they don't have wisdom. [/quote]
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Elliotwaveforec: 11:17am On May 11
This reminds me of Russia asking countries to pay with her currency instead of Dollar for her gas; this strengthened the Rubble massively because of demand from gas buyers.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Mjshexy(f): 11:18am On May 11
Emeskhalifa:

When will our politicians stop the dollar gulping trips? Use of foreign cars? Start Using Nigerian made?

See if your country doesn't start exporting more and importing less, forget about all these patch patch they are doing, it won't solve anything
We need to start from somewhere, many of these politicians are very much interested in having the dollars handy always so they won't want policies like this to stand. Peter Obi told them the truth but they would rather want to consume all than engage in production.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Elusive001: 11:20am On May 11
Chimarto:

For sometime now, we have had senseless leaders.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by ovie8200: 11:20am On May 11
What different does it make because at the end of the day, the money would still need to be converted to dollar and be taking out of the country!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Ogeneigbo1: 11:21am On May 11
Cmanforall:

I think this your last point may have some negative effects on Nigeria's foreign reserve. Nevertheless, variations should be considered

I don't think so, Sir.

Anyway, I am not an economist nor a financial speculator, so these are honest views of an average Nigerian business man who has observed things for a long time in Nigerian economic space .

I strongly believe these points if implemented will go a long way in solving naira freefall wahala.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by spencekat(m): 11:21am On May 11
Ask NPA and NIMASA too
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Putindbutt: 11:22am On May 11
Amotolongbo:
And the one you said, no be dem say?
You be Tinubu or Cardoso with first hand info?

Your folly is legendary!

I referred you to today's frontpage news, i also quoted a figure of less than $600m sold to banks and BDCs according to BusinessDay's report and CBN's data. where are your own facts?, blockhead.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Elusive001: 11:22am On May 11
Chimarto:

Where was EFCC when dollar was flowing right, left and center during party primaries?
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Alwayshungry: 11:22am On May 11
There is major fraud going on in the oil and gas industry called OSP.
for those that knows they know what I am talking about about.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by okeke6969: 11:23am On May 11
Exousiang01:
Step in the right direction

In the right right direction, but what has changed? All na rat race.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by erico2k2(m): 11:23am On May 11
ProjectsCityNG:
Arrest every institution owner that charges in dollars unless they have changed. This goes to all universities and hotels owners who charge in dollars
Nah when dem move to Ghana Una go know say EFCC stupweed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Russia Vs Ukraine: HURIWA Asks Onyeama, Adamu Adamu To Resign Immediately / Tinubu Yet To Show Up For Lesser Hajj Five Days To End Of Pilgrimage In Mecca / Pictures Of Ikote Ekpene Road Aba, Another FG Road Governo Ikpeazu Is Rebuilding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.