Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,086 members, 7,845,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira (31463 Views)

Why We Charge in Dollars - NPA GM, Coporate Communications, Sarah Ballah / BREAKING: Bank Stops Dollar Transactions Using Naira Debit Cards / Breaking: 24 Hours Goje Stepped Down For Lawal, EFCC Stops Case Against Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by adeoyekay(m): 12:54pm On May 11
Bone147:

One idiot that don't understand economy will just wake up and type nonsense. Like this guy I just quoted. Some people suppose to be monkey not humans
you are the monkey
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Inspirer1: 12:55pm On May 11
Elusive001:

No loud am yet.
issokay grin
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Amotolongbo(f): 12:58pm On May 11
Putindbutt:

I referred you to today's frontpage news, i also quoted a figure of less than $600m sold to banks and BDCs according to BusinessDay's report and CBN's data. where are your own facts?, blockhead.
Stupidity is your strength.

How does the nonsense you said you quoted affect the reality?
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by NAC1666: 1:01pm On May 11
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Gajagojo: 1:16pm On May 11
Chimarto:
You're stopping foreign missions from transacting in dollar and ordered your own foreign mission abroad to transact in naira violating the host country's policy? Our leaders have sense but they don't have wisdom.
Is the dollar the currency in the UK?
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Gajagojo: 1:17pm On May 11
Chimarto:
You're stopping foreign missions from transacting in dollar and ordered your own foreign mission abroad to transact in naira violating the host country's policy? Our leaders have sense but they don't have wisdom.
Is the dollar the currency in the UK? The UK office charge dollars for Visa
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Evercurious(f): 1:21pm On May 11
See this hypothetical government.. why charge offshore workers OSP in dollars.amd.nkt naira? Irredeemable hypocrites
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by bigpicture001: 1:21pm On May 11
The CBN govt is not getting the real cause of the naira fall..it simple to understand
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Chucks13: 1:21pm On May 11
I think their is misquoted content in this directive likely deliberately induced by the thread poster.

Their is no efcc willl stop dollarians in Nigeria foreign embassies and at same time stopped it in foreign countries I think the efcc was misquoted.

However, I fully support the efcc move to stop dollar for any payment in any foreign currency because you can't be in China or in Germany or in US and be paying for services in Naira or Chiness Yuen in Germny so our currency must be the legal tender in our country whoever not please with it can do their worst.

I'm waiting for Mr cursed reaction called grgory to react...

Efcc boss your head dey their bro... Good job...
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by LIA1900: 1:23pm On May 11
Turkish and Polish Embassy on this table, very useless country
Cmanforall:
shocked

Have embassies be charging g in dollar?

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Omini247: 1:37pm On May 11
Are they going to remove spend limit on Naira Master Card...
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Putindbutt: 1:40pm On May 11
Amotolongbo:
Stupidity is your strength.

How does the nonsense you said you quoted affect the reality?
And your stupid fake news is the reality?, that we do not have loan obligations?. fat slowpoke.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Titilayo4life: 1:41pm On May 11
Correct!
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by lionshare: 1:47pm On May 11
Chimarto:
well you have a choice —-avoid us!
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by OLAPROSPER4(m): 1:53pm On May 11
Chimarto:

Did you read to understand the context? Because it's clearly stated, "The EFCC has also mandated Nigerian foreign missions domiciled abroad to accept Naira in their financial businesses" . To accept Naira does not necessarily mean the legal tender of the home countries will be rejected but to accept Naira if it is presented which will most likely be from Nigerians.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Bluntemperor: 2:06pm On May 11
Evercurious:
See this hypothetical government.. why charge offshore workers OSP in dollars.amd.nkt naira? Irredeemable hypocrites

You are not getting it, Woman!
Offshore Workers are paid Salaries ,Wages in Dollars by their terms of agreement,just like those who works for foreign Countries and lives in their house everyday but do works for Abroad-Companies and are paid in dollars!
They can convert to Naira or have a Domiciliary Accounts to receive their Charges or Money.
So,there is a lot difference between those crooked Nigerian Leaders in Nigeria,who now go to Patronise the BDC or Hotels,to change Naira received to Dollars for them -because they want high returns - as they Manipulate the Values to their advantages! e.g. those Governors,the Legislatures and their footsoldiers - can't easily account for those Money for the Masses!
We are the real enemies of ourselves in Nigeria!
Americans , British or Chinese will never undermine the Currencies or their Flags .
We Nigerians have problems,as we are not Productive enough!
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by itoba4real(m): 2:12pm On May 11
All these na surface dressing
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Ogeneigbo1: 2:15pm On May 11
The truth is that much of this dollar that is scarce now is being withhold and hidden by some wicked set of people in Nigeria.( politicians inclusive) they are not spending the hidden dollar because there is no need to spend the excess dollar but they just prefer to hide it and wait for the worst to happen to their mother land.

there is no amount of transactions done by genuine people that will finish the reserve …the National reserve is being finished and emptied by people we all know.

Cmanforall:

I get your point.

But let's view it from this angle.
If foreigners (foreign companies) buy much from us (and pay in dollar), there would be more foreign 'currencies' to be used to cushion the effect of the dollar being paid by banks for your naira transactions abroad (with naira card), without much depletion of the foreign reserves.
Thus, Nigerian government should encourage and implement easier ways for exportation. That way, someone abroad can easily buy things from Nigeria, even online, and it will be delivered to them. The 'foreigner' pays in foreign currency, while the Nigerian gets paid in Naira
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by commoditiesnig: 2:27pm On May 11
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by fxexperts: 2:47pm On May 11
ProjectsCityNG:
Arrest every institution owner that charges in dollars unless they have changed. This goes to all universities and hotels owners who charge in dollars
Some of you lots are truly senseless.

Chimarto:
As in those guys dont have sense. i do not think they have a brain in their head.

SadiqBabaSani:
they should accept Naira anywhere in the world and deposit same into a Nigerian account
Nobody stops them from doing that in their embassy abroad, but do they think they can force foreign embassies here in Nigeria to charge in Naira, then where will they deposit the Naira in their home country. you guys are not well and you all just think selfish thought all the time.

marenkurz:
All embassies follows their home country's rule and law. The host country don't have any rule or right over another country's embassy just because it is in your country.
Looks like most nairalanders has never been to any embassy in or outside Nigeria.
Meanwhile, Nigeria immigration charges in dollars outside Nigeria.
And you pay to get naira from POS people. Turning your own currency to a commodity. Mad country.
Most of them just choose to remove their brain in support of their failed lord and master. i swear literacy is still very far from most Nigerians. and this EFCC boss seems to be a very dumb fellow.

Godfullsam:

What is this one saying

For your mind, you know better than the EFCC .
Of course we do. the EFCC guys are so dumb.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by iLoveYouToo(m): 2:49pm On May 11
Chimarto:

They were mandated to accept Naira doesn’t mean outright ban in accepting the host country’s currency.

If a Nigerian wanted to renew his passport in the UK, they’re mandated to accept Naira in cash or transfer from the Nigerian. The Nigerian can also pay in the local currency

I think it’s not bad, let’s just hope it sticks.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by CheapHomes1: 2:56pm On May 11
GUNITGuy:

They might be short of ideas to solutions and the idea that might turn the fortune of Nigeria around might just come from me or even you...keep offering your ideas

if they are short of ideas, why were they campaigning and fighting to be in government? if they are short of ideas, then which work are they doing that warrants the salaries, estacodes and freebies they are enjoying?

which ideas have you offered?
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by ProjectsCityNG: 3:10pm On May 11
fxexperts:
Some of you lots are truly senseless.

As in those guys dont have sense. i do not think they have a brain in their head.

Nobody stops them from doing that in their embassy abroad, but do they think they can force foreign embassies here in Nigeria to charge in Naira, then where will they deposit the Naira in their home country. you guys are not well and you all just think selfish thought all the time.

Most of them just choose to remove their brain in support of their failed lord and master. i swear literacy is still very far from most Nigerians. and this EFCC boss seems to be a very dumb fellow.

Of course we do. the EFCC guys are so dumb.

Perhaps you should work on your own intuitive and comprehension skills first. You didn't read to understand that I simply said, before arresting foreign missions or giving them orders, first tackle dollar use domestically and leave foreign missions alone.

Next time stop acting after thibking thru your emotions, woman man !
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by InvertedHammer: 3:11pm On May 11
/
I never understood how and why entities in Nigeria are allowed to transact in foreign currencies.

/

1 Like

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Cmanforall: 3:11pm On May 11
LIA1900:
Turkish and Polish Embassy on this table, very useless country

That should be stopped immediately!!!
What are the legislators doing?
EFCC should even come.into this later. The legislators and Judiciary should have put a stop on this with huge fines!
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Cmanforall: 3:11pm On May 11
Ogeneigbo1:

The truth is that much of this dollar that is scarce now is being withhold and hidden by some wicked set of people in Nigeria.( politicians inclusive) they are not spending the hidden dollar because there is no need to spend the excess dollar but they just prefer to hide it and wait for the worst to happen to their mother land.

there is no amount of transactions done by genuine people that will finish the reserve …the National reserve is being finished and emptied by people we all know.

Sad
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by fxexperts: 3:25pm On May 11
Evercurious:
I swear they are worst than hypocrites. and i don't know what is wrong with some of these NL who are supporting their devilish policies.

Chucks13:
I think their is misquoted content in this directive likely deliberately induced by the thread poster.

Their is no efcc willl stop dollarians in Nigeria foreign embassies and at same time stopped it in foreign countries I think the efcc was misquoted.

However, I fully support the efcc move to stop dollar for any payment in any foreign currency because you can't be in China or in Germany or in US and be paying for services in Naira or Chiness Yuen in Germny so our currency must be the legal tender in our country whoever not please with it can do their worst.

I'm waiting for Mr cursed reaction called grgory to react...

Efcc boss your head dey their bro... Good job...
So if i get you right you said the EFCC can stop foreign embassies from accepting dollar for visa service and co in Nigeria, and Nigerian embassies can accept Naira in our embassies abroad. do you guys even think before you say these things.
For one a US citizen who wants to do business with a UK embassy in the US will have to pay them with British pounds he doesn't need to visit any BDC to get the POunds, but his dollar debit or credit card will do the payment and conversion for him. but your useless government has since block out Naira master and visa card from paying for any foreign service and you do not want people to go source for dollar themselves. imagine it we by ourselves deleted our currency from making global payment through our debit's cards where all the countries' currencies are present, and we still have to boldness to be chasing shadows.
If the useless EFCC ad CBN are serious the only way they can cure this dollar in our economy is to allow for our debit cards t be able to make international transaction. imagine we just imposed sanction on ourselves by our useless government.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by fxexperts: 3:36pm On May 11
iLoveYouToo:

They were mandated to accept Naira doesn’t mean outright ban in accepting the host country’s currency.

If a Nigerian wanted to renew his passport in the UK, they’re mandated to accept Naira in cash or transfer from the Nigerian. The Nigerian can also pay in the local currency

I think it’s not bad, let’s just hope it sticks.
How many Nigerians abroad have you seen with Naira. what are they doing with the naira over there. or are you telling me it will be cheaper to pay with Naira compare to making payment in the host countries currency. The only solution is for your government to unblock our debit cards and allow it to make international transaction. i do not know why these fools are busy beating around the bush. blaming everyone but themselves.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by iLoveYouToo(m): 3:39pm On May 11
fxexperts:
How many Nigerians abroad have you seen with Naira. what are they doing with the naira over there. or are you telling me it will be cheaper to pay with Naira compare to making payment in the host countries currency. The only solution is for your government to unblock our debit cards and allow it to make international transaction. i do not know why these fools are busy beating around the bush. blaming everyone but themselves.

All funds NOT in domiciliary accounts are naira.

I have fam outside Nigeria, they still operate their Naira accounts, what are you saying ?
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Babalegba(m): 3:44pm On May 11
Racoon:
You don't need a soothsayer to decode the direction a failed government is heading in every respect.
If the government fail, you and your family will also suffer but Tinubu cannot be affected,so continue.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by fxexperts: 3:47pm On May 11
Bluntemperor:

You are not getting it, Woman!
Offshore Workers are paid Salaries ,Wages in Dollars by their terms of agreement,just like those who works for foreign Countries and lives in their house everyday but do works for Abroad-Companies and are paid in dollars!
They can convert to Naira or have a Domiciliary Accounts to receive their Charges or Money.
So,there is a lot difference between those crooked Nigerian Leaders in Nigeria,who now go to Patronise the BDC or Hotels,to change Naira received to Dollars for them -because they want high returns - as they Manipulate the Values to their advantages! e.g. those Governors,the Legislatures and their footsoldiers - can't easily account for those Money for the Masses!
We are the real enemies of ourselves in Nigeria!
Americans , British or Chinese will never undermine the Currencies or their Flags .
We Nigerians have problems,as we are not Productive enough!
There is no back door solution to all these, the government knows exactly what to do but they are just plain stupid and looking for excuses and dumb ways of dealing with this crisis. I believe if we have schools who charge dollar for foreign students is not a bad idea and i think it is even favorable to the government and the exchange rate s long as it is done to foreigners only. because that can attract dollar that will help in boosting our exchange rate. but these dumb EFCC folks are doing more harm to the economy by going after those enterprises. worst case scenario if foreign student finds it difficult to source for naira to pay their fees in these schools then at the end of the day they will not cone to Nigeria to school again, then who will be at the losing end, the school owners and the economy will suffer. there are many ways we can attract dollar to the economy, and we all know if the supply of dollar is much its value against the Naira will drop. If we do not have enough product to export abroad, then then schools who are exporting their services "Education" abroad you are standing as an obstacle in their way, in all honesty i do not see how stopping them will benefit the economy like i keep saying the people in position of leadership in this country and dundies. they don't have brain, i can do a far better jobs than the illiterates we have up there.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by SSpeter(m): 3:49pm On May 11
Mjshexy:
All businesses or institutions transacting in dollars should be immediately stopped, we can't continue this way
What about Nigeria Customs that charges in dollars?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Campaign In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Daughter Of Ex Chief-Of-Army-Staff, Minimah, Weds (Photos) / Jonathan: Vote Atiku So We Can All Have Food To Eat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.