Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,601 members, 7,840,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira (31385 Views)

Why We Charge in Dollars - NPA GM, Coporate Communications, Sarah Ballah / BREAKING: Bank Stops Dollar Transactions Using Naira Debit Cards / Breaking: 24 Hours Goje Stepped Down For Lawal, EFCC Stops Case Against Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by fxexperts: 3:52pm On May 11
ProjectsCityNG:

Perhaps you should work on your own intuitive and comprehension skills first. You didn't read to understand that I simply said, before arresting foreign missions or giving them orders, first tackle dollar use domestically and leave foreign missions alone.

Next time stop acting after thibking thru your emotions, woman man !
Like i said again, you need to have sense to know that if the can do their part right dollar will automatically phase out of the Nigerian economy. the same useless government that are selling their crude in dollars, the same government people that are charging for VAT on goods and services import duties in dollars are the same people telling schools and embassy who deal with foreigners not to accept dollars. una ehnn.. Hypocrisy with you guys are 5&6.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Amotolongbo(f): 3:52pm On May 11
Putindbutt:

And your stupid fake news is the reality?, that we do not have loan obligations?. fat slowpoke.
The reality is the Naira started dropping against the dollar when the allegation of using the the foreign reserve to rescue the Naira was made. True or false?

If you don’t agree, you can go and die, I don’t care 🤷🏼‍♀️
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by ProjectsCityNG: 3:53pm On May 11
fxexperts:
Like i said again, you need to have sense to know that if the can do their part right dollar will automatically phase out of the Nigerian economy. the same useless government that are selling their crude in dollars, the same government people that are charging for VAT on goods and services import duties in dollars are the same people telling schools and embassy who deal with foreigners not to accept dollars. una ehnn.. Hypocrisy with you guys are 5&6.

Trying to sound woke. Abeg run along. I'm busy kid
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by SSpeter(m): 3:53pm On May 11
Idaytesj29:

Thanks jare.
And if any business chargs me with dollar, I will just take all info I needed and head to EFCC straight. We cannot continue like this and not everyone go Japa. We need to fix outlr country ourselves. Even if we Japa, we go still come back home at some point and meet the mess
What about Nigeria Customs that charges in dollars?
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Chucks13: 3:54pm On May 11
fxexperts:
I swear they are worst than hypocrites. and i don't know what is wrong with some of these NL who are supporting their devilish policies.

So if i get you right you said the EFCC can stop foreign embassies from accepting dollar for visa service and co in Nigeria, and Nigerian embassies can accept Naira in our embassies abroad. do you guys even think before you say these things.
For one a US citizen who wants to do business with a UK embassy in the US will have to pay them with British pounds he doesn't need to visit any BDC to get the POunds, but his dollar debit or credit card will do the payment and conversion for him. but your useless government has since block out Naira master and visa card from paying for any foreign service and you do not want people to go source for dollar themselves. imagine it we by ourselves deleted our currency from making global payment through our debit's cards where all the countries' currencies are present, and we still have to boldness to be chasing shadows.
If the useless EFCC ad CBN are serious the only way they can cure this dollar in our economy is to allow for our debit cards t be able to make international transaction. imagine we just imposed sanction on ourselves by our useless government.

Better stop talking too much is not good for your health.

I said Naira is OK here on Nigeria but in foreign countries the country legal tender is OK as Naira is OK here.

Go and read my comment again OK. How can I be so stupid to tell an America in his country to pay in Naira.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Idaytesj29(m): 3:54pm On May 11
SSpeter:
What about Nigeria Customs that charges in dollars?

They should also stop. That's double standard. All reciept within the borders of Nigeria should be in Naira.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by SSpeter(m): 3:56pm On May 11
Idaytesj29:

They should also stop. That's double standard. All reciept within the borders of Nigeria should be in Naira.
and the oil companies too, should all remit in Naira? grin
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by fxexperts: 3:57pm On May 11
ProjectsCityNG:

Trying to sound woke. Abeg run along. I'm busy kid
Their usual antics. i guess you have nothing more to say. dumb like a normal agbadorian.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by SSpeter(m): 3:58pm On May 11
[quote author=Ogeneigbo1 post=129897131]This is a great move if sustained.

Anyone against this decision don't actually know what he or she wants for Nigeria.

Another one should be mandate banks to start serving their customers with foreign transaction needs without asking them to buy dollar from BDC .

Open up all blocked channels so that customers can pay equivalent with their naira cards.
quote]What about Nigeria Customs that charges in dollars? Should oil coys also remit Naira
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by fxexperts: 3:58pm On May 11
Idaytesj29:

that is the hypocrisy of those useless lots na. we are being ruled by the dumbest among us, that is why we are where are today.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by SSpeter(m): 3:59pm On May 11
Navalsadiq:
They should flow the Russia china agreement

You see in life when you prove stoebornnand try to be storborn,the challenges of life will compel you to do what is right when things get out of hand
is it the China that has the largest dollar reserve or another China?
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Ogeneigbo1: 4:02pm On May 11
[quote author=SSpeter post=129901503][/quote]

you have raised a very vital point. everyone is watching..

Nigerian Customs cannot be collecting duties and levies in dollars, its a big crime ..

but with this directive ,lets see what happens.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Ogeneigbo1: 4:02pm On May 11

Nigerian Customs cannot be collecting duties and levies in dollars, its a big crime ..

[quote author=SSpeter post=129901503][/quote]
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Vulcan24(m): 4:02pm On May 11
Years of inaction and neglect has bade an hydra headed problems! As u are cutting one u see more to cut!

The govt should sustain the tempo and look at all unconventional inflationary causes bedevilling the country! If need be use underhand methods.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Putindbutt: 4:04pm On May 11
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by fxexperts: 4:05pm On May 11
iLoveYouToo:

All funds NOT in domiciliary accounts are naira.

I have fam outside Nigeria, they still operate their Naira accounts, what are you saying ?
Ask those fam of yours if the will be willing to pay for service in abroad with naira or the host countries currency. lets assume they want to renew their Nigerian passport there in the UK. i can bet you all will choose to pay with their foreign currency unless there is discount for using Naira to pay. do they earn naira there or they convert their ponds or dollars to naira so they can be able to send funds to their loved ones in Nigeria. to start with their debit card will not work their unless you want to take a Nigeria POS machine over there. why must i convert dollar to naira and probably lose some amount for charges and commission to be able to make payment i can do by just pay with dollars with the conversion where i will not lose anything.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by SSpeter(m): 4:06pm On May 11
Ogeneigbo1:

...and oil companies in Nigeria Should also remit Naira?
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by GUNITGuy: 4:06pm On May 11
CheapHomes1:

if they are short of ideas, why were they campaigning and fighting to be in government? if they are short of ideas, then which work are they doing that warrants the salaries, estacodes and freebies they are enjoying?

which ideas have you offered?
My brother that's Politics for you in whose only objectives is to be in Power...A fool idiot could attain Political power of he plays it either dirty or clean
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Putindbutt: 4:07pm On May 11
Amotolongbo:
The reality is the Naira started dropping against the dollar when the allegation of using the the foreign reserve to rescue the Naira was made. True or false?

If you don’t agree, you can go and die, I don’t care
What is this illiterate talking about?, we have $32billion in reserves, do you think govt cares about your empty noise?. CBN was selling dollars to banks and BDCs, not giving them for free. illiterate blockheads.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:15pm On May 11
fxexperts:
Ask those fam of yours if the will be willing to pay for service in abroad with naira or the host countries currency. lets assume they want to renew their Nigerian passport there in the UK. i can bet you all will choose to pay with their foreign currency unless there is discount for using Naira to pay. do they earn naira there or they convert their ponds or dollars to naira so they can be able to send funds to their loved ones in Nigeria. to start with their debit card will not work their unless you want to take a Nigeria POS machine over there. why must i convert dollar to naira and probably lose some amount for charges and commission to be able to make payment i can do by just pay with dollars with the conversion where i will not lose anything.

If the reverse were the case I’d buy into your view. It’s cheaper to pay in Naira , these people aren’t charged black market rates. Some have savings in Naira accounts
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Ogeneigbo1: 4:16pm On May 11
who made dollar the universally accepted currency for trading in any country?

is only in Africa that we see these things happen. even in some African countries they don't do it, they use their local currency.

in other countries of the world , they have their currency and they use it to trade locally.

yes, you can pay equivalent anywhere in the world. but you don't use another man's currency to trade in your own country ..

SSpeter:
...and oil companies in Nigeria Should also remit Naira?
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by GUNITGuy: 4:18pm On May 11
Why should individuals working in Nigeria be paid in dollars on no account should they be paid such .... including the oil workers is totally wrong...
Until we love this Country we would continue to hurt her because of our selfish ego .....
On no account should anyone be paid in dollars within the territory of Nigeria by Foreign Multinationals.....
Let's buy a Leaf from Russia how they survived sanctions....All gas trade it's in Rubbles you don't have to go to STRIPE to obtain dollars you must buy their gas in Rubbles....
If we truly want to become great nation then work up Nigeria to become self sufficient.....Stop white elephants project we've been doing this for too long we need to transfer Capital to people to become Globally Competitive.... That's the sacrifice we have pay to bequeath a nation suitable for our unborn Children and their children to Come ....Any Leader still thinking bringing Road projects without economic stimulus on the Growth of the people is deceiving him or herself
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by IbeOkehie: 4:34pm On May 11
Nigerians have common sense when it comes to their PERSONAL interests. Nigerians will continue to transact in dollar until a free float of the naira is implemented. And there's nothing the EFCC can do about it.

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Idaytesj29(m): 4:43pm On May 11
SSpeter:
and the oil companies too, should all remit in Naira? grin

Oil companies are multinationals,in Nigeria but doing transnational business. Their dealing with FG is not basic transactions of daily needs or people normal everyday, weekly spendings. They are operating international business thus it should be in dollars.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Segzy19: 4:49pm On May 11
This is long overdue
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by emonis88: 5:13pm On May 11
Support this 100%
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by daddy001: 5:21pm On May 11
Addressing naira depreciation requires a multi-faceted approach. While mandating the use of naira in financial transactions can help stabilize the currency to some extent by increasing demand for it, it's just one piece of the puzzle. Other measures such as fiscal discipline, monetary policy adjustments, and strengthening the country's economic fundamentals are also essential. Additionally, addressing underlying issues like corruption, improving investor confidence, and diversifying the economy can contribute to long-term stability.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Amotolongbo(f): 6:06pm On May 11
Putindbutt:

What is this illiterate talking about?, we have $32billion in reserves, do you think govt cares about your empty noise?. CBN was selling dollars to banks and BDCs, not giving them for free. illiterate blockheads.
Continue exhibiting your delusion. See how the cretin is talking as if he is the treasury janitor who knows what comes in and goes out.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by MarketDispatch: 6:13pm On May 11
Yeye de smell...how will they pay expatriates their money
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Putindbutt: 6:18pm On May 11
Amotolongbo:
Continue exhibiting your delusion. See how the cretin is talking as if he is the treasury janitor who knows what comes in and goes out.
If you're so dumb to follow up on statistics about the economy, you can continue to rot your life away on nairaland to depend on secondary junks, lazy slowpoke
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by Amotolongbo(f): 6:37pm On May 11
Putindbutt:

If you're so dumb to follow up on statistics about the economy, you can continue to rot your life away on nairaland to depend on secondary junks, lazy slowpoke
What statistics?
What is the source of the data for the statistics?
How reliable is the data?
What reasonable human being takes the stat serious in Nigeria when the President already said “na statistics we go chop?”
Honestly, your head is so empty, even air no dey there.
Re: EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira by NosaJH: 6:39pm On May 11
Powerhouse5050:

You lack basic comprehensive capacity.

EFCC mandated Nigerian foreign mission to ACCEPT.

To accept does not mean they wouldn't accept the host country currency, rather they would have to start accepting Naira and host country currency.

Your rush to criticize great development shows your lack of reasoning objectively.
Oga go and sit down. Which nigerian holds naira abroad.
So what does " they mandated the nigeria embassy to accept naira" sounds to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 IPOB Native Doctors Flee As One Gets Beheaded Over "Fake Charms" / Uju Rochas-Anwuka Appointed Board Member Of Federal College Of Education, Omoku / Return Of The Abducted Dapchi Schoolgirls: PDP Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.