Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,082 members, 7,842,096 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

What Is The Meaning Of YIM On Nairaland Account Profile? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Meaning Of YIM On Nairaland Account Profile? (927 Views)

I Am Deactivating My Nairaland Account / Why Is Seun Still Asking For YIM? / What's The Meaning Of This Covering Half Of Her Face With Hand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of YIM On Nairaland Account Profile? by Testiebobo(m): 7:07am On May 12
Since i registered into nairaland in 2022, i understood nairaland features abbreviations because it has a little likeness of twitter(now X). Except that YIM that is usually under every nairalander's profile. Pls NL Experts what is the meaning of YIM?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of YIM On Nairaland Account Profile? by Testiebobo(m): 7:09am On May 12
Cc: Dominique help push to fp
Re: What Is The Meaning Of YIM On Nairaland Account Profile? by Kaido: 7:18am On May 12
Yahoo Instant Messenger (YIM)

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of YIM On Nairaland Account Profile? by STEWpid(f): 7:38am On May 12
Chai..

You Incorporate Madness (YIM).

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of YIM On Nairaland Account Profile? by Nazgul: 7:41am On May 12
Testiebobo:
Since i registered into nairaland in 2022, i understood nairaland features abbreviations because it has a little likeness of twitter(now X). Except that YIM that is usually under every nairalander's profile. Pls NL Experts what is the meaning of YIM?
It was for your Yahoo mail. Nairaland was founded during the era of Yahoo mail. Where you chat on messenger with other users.

Unfortunately Seun has refused to replace that feature with IG or Facebook seeing that YIM is technically non existent.

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of YIM On Nairaland Account Profile? by flokii: 7:50am On May 12
No be yahoo messanger be that?.. those days of yahoo messanger before others started coming up.
You go cafe those days, open yahoo messanger as a working boy.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of YIM On Nairaland Account Profile? by falcon01: 11:19am On May 12
Testiebobo:
yahoo ID
Re: What Is The Meaning Of YIM On Nairaland Account Profile? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:37pm On May 12
Kaido:
Yahoo Instant Messenger (YIM)

Unfortunately many of these kids don't even know there was a yahoo messenger as it was the first web-based messaging application.

Many do not realise that internet fraud called "Yahoo Yahoo" started from there ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning Of YIM On Nairaland Account Profile? by Kobicove(m): 1:18pm On May 12
Testiebobo:

Yahoo Instant Messenger
Re: What Is The Meaning Of YIM On Nairaland Account Profile? by jmoore(m): 1:37pm On May 12
Nazgul:

It was for your Yahoo mail. Nairaland was founded during the era of Yahoo mail. Where you chat on messenger with other users.

Unfortunately Seun has refused to replace that feature with IG or Facebook seeing that YIM is technically non existent.
Seun and archaic are twins.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of YIM On Nairaland Account Profile? by Kaido: 2:16pm On May 12
GlorifiedTunde:

Unfortunately many of these kids don't even know there was a yahoo messenger as it was the first web-based messaging application.

Many do not realise that internet fraud called "Yahoo Yahoo" started from there ...
Lol...many of them were born in the late 90s to mid 2000s. No blame them o.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of YIM On Nairaland Account Profile? by edydeyemi(m): 7:51am On May 14
Testiebobo:

It's a throwback to the days of Yahoo Instant Messenger which was one of the earliest conduits of real-time messaging in the early 2000s.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Handle Her Smoking Habits? / guilty or not guilty / What Would You Do If The Women In The World Says No To Your Proposal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.