Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,838,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments (8521 Views)

Olubunmi Tunji Ojo: FG To Release 4,000 Prisoners Over Congestion / 'Nigeria Lacks Macroeconomic Framework To Attract Foreign Investment' - U.S. / Buhari Presents Nigeria’s Visa Policy 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by vozkined: 8:28am On May 12
They will only make it worst, after the meeting
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by pappilo(m): 8:32am On May 12
It costs £300 for UK citizen to get a tourist visa. I can kind of understand (but still makes no sense) if you ask for that much for a business visa... But a tourist, paying £300 for a visa

£300 can take you on a 3 night break to Rhodes, Greece.... Flights and hotel.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Blessedarethepe(m): 8:34am On May 12
kemzy107:
This is commendable and a welcome development because the review of Visa Policy will open room to investors, boost the country's economy and also aid international relationships
Are you serious they will come? Are you going to provide good security for their business and they themselves? and also I hope you will not suffocate their business with taxes? I hope you will provide electricity to ease their business operation?
Investors will jostle to come only if we put all these in place.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Curious345: 8:36am On May 12
Attract what investment ? These ministers deserve to be sacked .

🛢️no light
🛢️no security
🛢️no currency stability
🛢️no roads
🛢️multiple illegal taxation
🛢️well organised goverment corruption.

Only a mad man will bring in his money ... Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Lavor234: 8:38am On May 12
While Ojo is doing a good job, the reason for the poor influx is insecurity. People will not go a place that is not safe
Solve that and half of ur problems will be gone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by muhyeenisce(m): 8:44am On May 12
Finger crossed
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Blessedarethepe(m): 8:46am On May 12
And you think they will come? This will only cause influx of hustlers from other under developing countries. The foreign investors know how unhabitable the Nigerian economy is. So don't think twice about this. Rather the remaining ones we have will pack and go. This country needs t fixed before it goes back to stone age
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by femi4: 8:54am On May 12
Cindypresh:

Foreign investors that you'll choke will tax and send them packing within months

Tinupoo dey play😂
Even if it's visa free, they won't come until you put the primary factors that attract investors in place

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Druss(m): 8:57am On May 12
Hmm imagine a foreigner seeking to invest and sees the companies running away, Binance heads in jail, Twitter scandal, people struggling to remit funds ... Let's not talk about insecurity issues all over the country.

It is good for the right investment to come in but we need to work on the above issues.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by rotadeco27: 8:57am On May 12
CountinBlessins:
It is so unfortunate.
Everyone of us for decades was told how Tinubu was a master mind behind all the developmental strides witnessed in Lagos .

He was hyped beyond belief, and no honest person would say that he or she didn't to some extent believe Tinubu had something to offer. Alas little did we know it was all the usual Yoruba habitual exaggerating and propaganda.

Tinubu has done irredeemable damage to his legacy. He won't even be able to recommend a governor or senator to anyone in future because they will forever hold this his extremely poor performance as a metric.

He should have remained a king maker in the background. angry
Obviously,You people do not really understand governance. You think the so called building of Lagos came overnight? It takes several harsh policies with reviews and modifications. Infact the effect was not obvious when he was in the office but the recording of the road map he presented is the evidence and the succeeding governor attestation to that facts. Nigerians expect magic to happen in country where damage has been done for several years. This damage started from the very inception of the country, from the coups and counter coups , military and civilians government inclusive. No wound heals by miracle ,it has to pass through thorough debridements with associated pain ,bleeding and anguish before the healing phase will start. This is what we're are facing now. It is only a deceiver that will come and tell you he or she can do anything differently. Go and write it down ,when Tinubu leaves ,he will be thanked for taking this bold steps he is taking now.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Franking: 8:59am On May 12
No electricity, bad roads all over. Chaos everywhere. Insecurity. Police harassment. Nigeria wahala plenty.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Franking: 9:01am On May 12
kemzy107:
This is commendable and a welcome development because the review of Visa Policy will open room to investors, boost the country's economy and also aid international relstionships

Is it only visa policy that attracts investors? How about security? Constant electricity? Good roads? We never serious for this country.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by ceejay80s(m): 9:03am On May 12
Story.....abeg make I hear word
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Brendaniel: 9:03am On May 12
CountinBlessins:
It is so unfortunate.
Everyone of us for decades was told how Tinubu was a master mind behind all the developmental strides witnessed in Lagos .

He was hyped beyond belief, and no honest person would say that he or she didn't to some extent believe Tinubu had something to offer. Alas little did we know it was all the usual Yoruba habitual exaggerating and propaganda.

Tinubu has done irredeemable damage to his legacy. He won't even be able to recommend a governor or senator to anyone in future because they will forever hold this his extremely poor performance as a metric.

I knew he had nothing to offer, that was why throughout the campaign I tried to warn people but I was insulted severally, I always told them Tinubu was the worst candidate among the entire presidential candidates, I would pick an SS3 headboy over Tinubu for president, that is how bad I saw him because I knew the kind of person he was....

He is not just bad at governance but also a wicked person....

Read some of my comments from the campaign period, I still have so many, the problem with some Nigerians is that they miss the important things that actually defines a person and follow the unimportant things...

I can write a whole book about Tinubu's Character and why he is doing what he is doing and how he is doing them, all these things happening are not surprising me...

The question I keep asking is what were they(Tinubu supporters) expecting from Tinubu?

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by headboyprince(m): 9:04am On May 12
kennyz247:
Even if the Visa made Nigeria visa free,I doubt if any sane investor will like to come Nigeria with d current situations in Nigeria..
nigeria is already visa free
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by headboyprince(m): 9:06am On May 12
Mosdiii:
When I was saying to someone in travel section that Nigerian visa is one of the hardest to get especially to Europeans and others .Some mugus here who have never traveled said I was lying. Now see
hardest to get lol. something that can be gotten in 30 minutes at the airport. keep fooling people.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Navalsadiq(m): 9:07am On May 12
Fix your economy before you review visa policy
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by michaelbiz: 9:09am On May 12
CountinBlessins:
It is so unfortunate.

You don't need to say so much to drive home your point. There is really nothing here that suggests you understand LEADERSHIP.

What is most important is for FOLLOWERS to see the good in their leader and not to be adjudged by onlookers. After all, if you had a leader who took you from nothing to someone of importance through the years, you wouldn't accept if people spoke differently about him, regardless of his many flaws. You are only seeking to amplify the flaws of a mortal man as if you are flawless. Get a grip of yourself, mate. undecided

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Sunjay13(m): 9:10am On May 12
Fix electricity first & others will follow…
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Solape1: 9:15am On May 12
This is not a bad idea.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by michaelbiz: 9:17am On May 12
pappilo:
It costs £300 for UK citizen to get a tourist visa. I can kind of understand (but still makes no sense) if you ask for that much for a business visa... But a tourist, paying £300 for a visa

£300 can take you on a 3 night break to Rhodes, Greece.... Flights and hotel.

Exactly. Nigerian visa is way too pricey. There's no reciprocity visa program that suggests that we want embassies of top destinations of interest like the US, UK, Canada, Australia and China to issue us longer tenure visas at affordable costs to visit their countries.

Nigeria has more to lose if they keep the visa costs high, especially for tourists and businesspeople.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by MarketDispatch: 9:20am On May 12
These guys never review Policies to support Nigerians to make them create businesses to employ more people.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by YoshihideSuga: 9:24am On May 12
Good! The plan should be to offer visa waiver to countries whose GDP per capita is at least $30K. Do it regardless of the region or dominant racial group.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by YoshihideSuga: 9:25am On May 12
headboyprince:
nigeria is already visa free

Visa free to which country?
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by YoshihideSuga: 9:26am On May 12
headboyprince:
hardest to get lol. something that can be gotten in 30 minutes at the airport. keep fooling people.

It's hard, as adjuged by foreigners. Are you a foreigner? Not only does it take long to process, but it's expensive, almost at the cost of a return flight to Southern African countries or Ghana. So, how would you attract tourists?

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by DonDaDa234: 9:35am On May 12
Tourism should be up there with other resources we sell as an African nation.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by CountinBlessins(m): 9:35am On May 12
michaelbiz:

You don't need to say so much to drive home your point. There is really nothing here that suggests you understand LEADERSHIP.

What is most important is for FOLLOWERS to see the good in their leader and not to be adjudged by onlookers. After all, if you had a leader who took you from nothing to someone of importance through the years, you wouldn't accept if people spoke differently about him, regardless of his many flaws. You are only seeking to amplify the flaws of a mortal man as if you are flawless. Get a grip of yourself, mate. undecided

You didn't make a point, you just typed a whole.lot of nothing. . What is wrong with you ?🤣
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by killsmith(f): 9:39am On May 12
Cindypresh:

Foreign investors that you'll choke will tax and send them packing within months

Tinupoo dey play😂
Then you kidnap their ceo and lock them up without trial. grin

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by ceede2: 9:40am On May 12
Cindypresh:

Tinupoo dey play😂
Try n commend the good plan first it hasn't be implemented yet.

Nna no dey see good in anything. Not even a regular typing you bolded it to show the bitterness in you.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by rotadeco27: 9:43am On May 12
Brendaniel:

I knew he had nothing to offer, that was why throughout the campaign I tried to warn people but I was insulted severally, I always told them Tinubu was the worst candidate among the entire presidential candidates, I would pick an SS3 headboy over Tinubu for president, that is how bad I saw him because I knew the kind of person he was....

He is not just bad at governance but also a wicked person....

Read some of my comments from the campaign period, I still have so many, the problem with some Nigerians is that they miss the important things that actually defines a person and follow the unimportant things...

I can write a whole book about Tinubu's Character and why he is doing what he is doing and how he is doing them, all these things happening are not surprising me...

The question I keep asking is what were they(Tinubu supporters) expecting from Tinubu?
It is as though you have a personal issue with the president. Let me tell you ,none of the candidate that contested with him has a political prowness as he does. You people won't come and apologize when the results of all these hardship will be coming on, the sincere one would come out to confess they were wrong all along. I do not not who your preferred candidate was, but , if he truly wants to fix this country,this feeling of having nothing to offer will also come up.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by abdsamad(m): 9:46am On May 12
BigDawsNet:
Good initiative..

As we open our door today to the foreign investors and legitimate travellers and visitors.. let us be aware of migrants who pose a threat to our citizens..

We need to throughly screen our potential visitors to confirm they are here to visit and do legitimate business/investment

We don't want people who are coming here to overstay dia visas and continue to enjoy our basic amenities that our 4 fathers had fought hardly for

We don't want people who will come in as a visitor and later apply for asylum... we don't have the budgets

Again it's time to rebrand our PR program.. we need qualified foreigner to come and enjoy what we Nigerians enjoy daily... and we promise smooth path way to citizenship

Funny, cos I'm not sure what we are enjoying o.
Oh, you're talking about rich people. Okay, i understand now

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Mindlog: 9:48am On May 12
Zeesugar:
It's high time we had look into tourism as a means to improve the economy. Nigeria can be the next tourist destination

"can be" is mere wishful thinking with the present pathway! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

In A Fair Presidential Election, Obi Will Get 25% In Over 24 States — Group / Colonel Chris Ugokwe: 'i Have A Grudge With The Nigerian Army' / Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.