Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,760 members, 7,865,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:11 AM

Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments (8681 Views)

Olubunmi Tunji Ojo: FG To Release 4,000 Prisoners Over Congestion / 'Nigeria Lacks Macroeconomic Framework To Attract Foreign Investment' - U.S. / Buhari Presents Nigeria’s Visa Policy 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Chetas81(m): 1:42pm On May 12
Zeesugar:
It's high time we had look into tourism as a means to improve the economy. Nigeria can be the next tourist destination
where do you keep terrorism and kidnapping guy's in Nigeria
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by poseidon12: 1:49pm On May 12
Bunch of clueless fools. The average Nigerian is looking for opportunity to japa and you expect foreigners to come to Nigeria to invest their money. Yeah right.
If you want foreign investors to come, you should first make Nigeria safe and attractive for Nigerians to stay in and invest.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Scamburster(m): 2:59pm On May 12
DesChyko:
Smelling propaganda.

On one hand, we'd be calling the government insensitive. But how can one person with so many bot accounts be running image laundry for this same Minister under moderators' noses and no one is smart enough to sniff that out?? angry angry

It's a play on our collective intelligence and I detest it.
All these have casted long ago. We knew it was just one person that is commented using almost five monikers.

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by UnabashedIPOB: 3:07pm On May 12
An exercise in futility! To the world, your useless country Nigeria, is a failed state and NO reasonable investor would EVER invest in such a place. So, you can give your visa away, but nobody would come and invest in Nigeria. The only solution is to disintegrate the damn contraption that has NEVER worked for over 60 years and let each group go and develop their area. It's insanity to keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result. Nigeria is dead and needs to be buried!
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Scamburster(m): 3:18pm On May 12
mignone:

Thank u o. Reading thru comments, I've been wondering what is actually commendable in this their so-called visa policy review when there's so much to deal with like insecurity, unfavourable economic policies, inadequate power supply, etc. an Italian couple was still kidnapped a while ago and rescued by local vigiantes&Co.
can't you know that one person can comment five times using different accounts especially those paid miscreants.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by DMerciful(m): 3:31pm On May 12
There is no boosting of tourism in a country with Bokoharam, Fulani herdsmen, unknown gunmen, Bandits, etc.

The insecurity has to be drastically reduced first.
Zeesugar:
It's high time we had look into tourism as a means to improve the economy. Nigeria can be the next tourist destination
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by IbeOkehie: 3:31pm On May 12
Complete nonsense. Visa is not a problem.

Float the naira or adopt bitcoin, legalize property rights and stop all price regulations including import/export tariffs. Privatize and decentralize all Federal Government institutions wherever possible. That's all.

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by CorrectionFLuid: 4:09pm On May 12
helinues:
Toh

You sef tire for the media influencers above and below you baa
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by CorrectionFLuid: 4:13pm On May 12
Mosdiii:
When I was saying to someone in travel section that Nigerian visa is one of the hardest to get especially to Europeans and others .Some mugus here who have never traveled said I was lying. Now see

Many of those European countries don't need visa to come to Nigeria. Just their passport would qualify them.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by grandstar(m): 4:39pm On May 12
It took 12 months to address this policy rather than a month? Why do citizens of the Eurozone or the USA have to apply for visas in their home countries rather than give it to them upon arrivals? They aren't going to overstay and wash plates if that is their fear.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by jiz: 4:43pm On May 12
That will be good if reviewed and also work on security architecture too because that's also key to attract investors
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Eriokanmi: 5:02pm On May 12
Zeesugar:
Have they resolved kidnapping, bokoharam, banditry, militiamen activities issues yet? These investors and tourists know details about our country more than we Nigerians do. Once insecurity is dealt with, you don't need to tell them. They'd be the ones disturbing us for visa.

Insecurity is one of the reasons the naira is falling. Investors prefer to take their dollars to save destinations. No foreigner would hear about foreigners being kidnapped and killed in nigeris and would wish to go to that country ti invest. Oyinbos value their lives more than an average nigerian does. They don't joke with security.

Unfortunately, our government isn't winning the battle on insecurity. They're even growing more wings. When foreigners read about the police and army chiefs being kidnapped successfully, it means a lot.

Read the below: it's the worst account of kidnappers I've read in recent times:
https://www.nairaland.com/8088522/watched-horror-abductors-shot-eight
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by naijamerican: 5:03pm On May 12
This place is filled with fake APC propagandists. Very useless site

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Eriokanmi: 5:20pm On May 12
Mrchippychappy:
Review Terrorism, Herdsmen attacks, Bandit kidnapping and poor economic policies first, do that and the investors would come naturally
Thank you jare. I just made a similar comment sef. Oyinbos no dey joke with security oo. Amazingly, they know about Nigeria than those of us living in Nigeria do.

I was in Germany a few years back when a German partner hosted me into his office. I asked him to visit Nigeria. She said, which part of Nigeria are you....looking at the global map in her office for Lagos State. She said she's not coming cos she could get killed grin, despise persuading her that lagos was very safe. This was over 10 years ago. You can imagine her orientation now that the situation is worse.

Naira free fall can be attributed to insecurity. They want to take their dollars to safe destinations. Try and visit cotonou. You'd be shocked when you see westerners visiting for tourism.

I was at a place called Hotel Du Lak to eat, I saw Canadian tourists in their various uniforms. They too came to eat and have fun. I was feeling like I was in Europe. The last time I saw such in Nigeria was in the early 90s. It doesn't happen anymore. Most of the African country's currency didn't just leave Naira behind. Tourism had really played a role. Imagine the cefa that used to be very worthless. It has left Naira far behind. See ordinary Mauritius, Kenya, Botswana, Eritrea, Zambia currencies. Check them out. You'd be shocked. These are tourist destinations in africa. They don't make noise like Nigeria.

We have over a decade serious work to do to curb insecurity for Nigeria to get better.

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by sunboy(m): 7:30pm On May 12
NothingDoMe:
Visa has never been the problem in attracting foreign investors.

It has been part of the numerous problems, Nigeria visa is pretty hard to get, they deny anyhow.

Why go to Nigeria who denied my visa, when Kenya and Rwanda and Kenya and welcoming me with Visa of Arrival.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by udomonday: 9:41pm On May 12
Forget about any visa policies,make the country attractive and investors will fall over themselves to come here.a beautiful woman does not go searching for admirers.they just come to her and toast her some are prepared to fight to get her attention,its only an ugly girl that will be using her mouth to praise and console herself,and she will still not attract the number of admirers the beautiful one does effortlessly.as it is,NIGERIA IS AN UGLY WOMAN.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by udomonday: 9:46pm On May 12
If Nigeria was a human he will get the award for the world best clown.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Oluwaphemite(m): 6:12pm On May 13
It's the "by the grace of God" for me
Everything has to be in God's hand this period

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare / KADUNA: Uba Sani Removes Tinubu Picture From His Banner / LASBCA Begins Removal Of  Distressed Buildings In Lagos Island, Mushin, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.