Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,953 members, 7,838,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments (8524 Views)

Olubunmi Tunji Ojo: FG To Release 4,000 Prisoners Over Congestion / 'Nigeria Lacks Macroeconomic Framework To Attract Foreign Investment' - U.S. / Buhari Presents Nigeria’s Visa Policy 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Madups(m): 9:48am On May 12
[quote author=Cindypresh post=129909558]
[b]Foreign investors that you'll choke will tax and send them packing within months

Tinupoo dey play
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by id4sho(m): 9:51am On May 12
Mosdiii:
When I was saying to someone in travel section that Nigerian visa is one of the hardest to get especially to Europeans and others .Some mugus here who have never traveled said I was lying. Now see
Nigeria Visa is hard and expensive 😥, our citizenship takes almost forever 😳and difficult for approval 💯.
Taking average of 15-20years for citizenship and Lebanese take most because of their unstable government and security
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Brendaniel: 9:52am On May 12
rotadeco27:

It is as though you have a personal issue with the president. Let me tell you ,none of the candidate that contested with him has a political prowness as he does. You people won't come and apologize when the results of all these hardship will be coming on, the sincere one would come out to confess they were wrong all along. I do not not who your preferred candidate was, but , if he truly wants to fix this country,this feeling of having nothing to offer will also come up.

You don't know Tinubu, you don't know who you are dealing with....

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by SeriouslySense(m): 9:54am On May 12
hehe

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by SeriouslySense(m): 9:55am On May 12
cheesy cheesy
cool Endless foolishness in abundant supply cool

Cindypresh:

Foreign investors that you'll choke will tax and send them packing within months

Tinupoo dey play😂
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Cindypresh(f): 9:59am On May 12
ceede2:
Try n commend the good plan first it hasn't be implemented yet.

Nna no dey see good in anything . Not even a regular typing you bolded it to show the bitterness in you.

Nne, The one you saw in buhari where did it lead you and the country to??

Bitterness kee you dia
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by michaelbiz: 10:00am On May 12
CountinBlessins:

You didn't make a point, you just typed a whole.lot of nothing. . What is wrong with you ?🤣

You can be upset. But you know that hit you real good. Sorry I don't waste time here.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by anungangampu: 10:00am On May 12
Cindypresh:

Foreign investors that you'll choke will tax and send them packing within months

Tinupoo dey play😂
The man has the highest number of paid singers on Nairaland. He is taking his propaganda Machine x10 level .

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Cindypresh(f): 10:02am On May 12
anungangampu:

The man has the highest number of paid singers in Nairaland. He is taking his propaganda Machine x10 level .

Honestly, look at the comments...very sheepish
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by bigiyaro(m): 10:08am On May 12
Are you talking about visa ATM card or visa as in permission to enter naija? cos the last time I remembered, enough Ghana, Togo, Benin Republic, and Niger people yakpa for naira without visa, and dont tell me that all these Chinese people doing illegal mining in naija found it hard to obtain naija visa, cos i that even if a convicted serial kill wants a naija visa, our embassy people go still runam at the right price under the table. The problem should be making the environment condusive for the bussiness in naija to stop moving out.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by BigDawsNet: 10:09am On May 12
abdsamad:

Funny, cos I'm not sure what we are enjoying o.
Oh, you're talking about rich people. Okay, i understand now

I'm talking about all Nigeria citizens broda...

No tell me say u no enjoy all Nigerian basic amenities?
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by sulaak(m): 10:14am On May 12
kennyz247:
Even if the Visa made Nigeria visa free,I doubt if any sane investor will like to come Nigeria with d current situations in Nigeria..

They still don't want to accept that the APC and Tinubu are the problem.

The only news we read about Nigeria is about poverty, dirty streets, the government destroying people's properties, multinationals leaving the country, prison breaks, Japa, missing president, and corruption. People don't go to failed states, Sudan and Somalia.

Forget about visitors and focus on the local people. Where will visitors relax? Tinubu has recently destroyed the last modern beach facilities (Landmark Beach)

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Ewedegubbler: 10:18am On May 12
It’s like this talkative minister has recruited E-urchins in the same manner his scoundrel predecessors like Lai Mohamed and Yeye Bello did.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by demsy21(m): 10:23am On May 12
No doubt Tunji-Ojo is working. However, this image laundering is unnecessary and annoying. I lodge a complaint about an embassy shady dealing. Till now, nothing was done to solve the issue.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Mccollins042(m): 10:30am On May 12
Low visitor number is because of insecurity not VISA issue, make Una dey tell Una self the truth

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Lanruze: 10:36am On May 12
rotadeco27:

Obviously,You people do not really understand governance. You think the so called building of Lagos came overnight? It takes several harsh policies with reviews and modifications. Infact the effect was not obvious when he was in the office but the recording of the road map he presented is the evidence and the succeeding governor attestation to that facts. Nigerians expect magic to happen in country where damage has been done for several years. This damage started from the very inception of the country, from the coups and counter coups , military and civilians government inclusive. No wound heals by miracle ,it has to pass through thorough debridements with associated pain ,bleeding and anguish before the healing phase will start. This is what we're are facing now. It is only a deceiver that will come and tell you he or she can do anything differently. Go and write it down ,when Tinubu leaves ,he will be thanked for taking this bold steps he is taking now.

Personally, It's better to tamper down on your position and the quote above.

PBAT bodly and confidently boasted and demanded that " Emilokan" - meaning it's my turn. PBAT was the APC Leader when Buhari was in power, and had his nominees in sensitive positions in Buhari's regime, including Ministers.

PBAT was an active critic of all PDP Governments and also had surface knowledge of the state of the Nation before declaring his Presidential Ambition and his" Emilokan" speech.

He has said on more than one (1) occasion that no one should pity him. So why are you defending him when PBAT clearly knew the magnitude of the rot he inherited ?

In a couple of days, He would have spent one year in office and an average resident in Nigeria will affirm to you that it has been the most challenging one (1) year anniversary for any Administration since independence from Britain in 1960.

The Hardship, food inflation, corruption, impunity, economic migration (japa), FX fluctuation regime, Multinational Organisations relocation mainly as a result of the Naira Devaluation and unfavorable business environment is on a scale which has never been experienced in over 30 years. Let's be guided please.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Alliswell248: 10:55am On May 12
Nwaikpe:
If you like, review your policies and make Nigeria a visa free country for Hamas and those middle east terrorist muslims, none of them will come.

grin grin grin grin

Painment.....
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by BluelightHotel: 11:03am On May 12
First thing first is to sanitise the airport of all the miscrants creating different checkpoints and extorting money from the visitors,Nigerian airports are the worst that I’ve seen in my over 20 years of travelling to over 50 countries around the world,Nigerian airports are full of thieves parading theirselves as workers ranging from immigration, customs,ndlea down to the ordinary security guards.

The airports are still lacking in a lot of ways,it’s the most inefficient airport due to everybody trying to extort money from the visitors.

These issues needs to be addressed first before anything else tbh,the airport is very intimidating to foreigners imo.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by bdon123(m): 11:11am On May 12
Pls dont review na.... continue to keep d cost of ur visa higher than both uk n us becos una no get sense
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Oluwalosolami: 11:22am On May 12
There are nations that plan their economy on visa fees expected from foreign applicants and they thrive... Nigeria needs such policy to lessen burden on citizens.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Antivirus92(m): 11:28am On May 12
E be like say, e be like say, they want to tell us another story again oo!!

E be like say, e be like say, they want to act another movie again oo!!
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by mignone(f): 11:44am On May 12
NothingDoMe:
Visa has never been the problem in attracting foreign investors.
Thank u o. Reading thru comments, I've been wondering what is actually commendable in this their so-called visa policy review when there's so much to deal with like insecurity, unfavourable economic policies, inadequate power supply, etc. an Italian couple was still kidnapped a while ago and rescued by local vigiantes&Co.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Originalsly: 11:51am On May 12
kemzy107:

This is commendable and a welcome development because the review of Visa Policy will open room to investors, boost the country's economy and also aid international relstionships

Investors are not coming because of visas? I've never ever seen a single complaint about how difficult it is to get a Nigerian visa..... have you? So how did they figure visa is a problem? I'm sure more than 75% of abroad visitors are Nigerians ... not affected by visas.... they are the ones not returning like they used to. That is the reason for the big drop in numbers and that they should try to find out the reason why. When they do ... they will find out it is because of insecurity.
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by NothingDoMe: 11:54am On May 12
mignone:

Thank u o. Reading thru comments, I've been wondering what is actually commendable in this their so-called visa policy review when there's so much to deal with like insecurity, unfavourable economic policies, inadequate power supply, etc. an Italian couple was still kidnapped a while ago and rescued by local vigiantes&Co.
💯
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by bigtt76(f): 12:17pm On May 12
Introduce e-Visa rather than in-person visa application. You gather more information reviewing submitted electronic data rather than verbal interviews or paper submission.

TheRareGem1:

https://punchng.com/fg-to-review-visa-policy-to-attract-foreign-investments/?amp

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:43pm On May 12
Every day they are attracting unseen foreign investors... Emirates they blocked since 3 years now is also foreign investor.. only mad people will invest in volatile place like Nigeria
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by yewit37486: 12:45pm On May 12
BluelightHotel:
First thing first is to sanitise the airport of all the miscrants creating different checkpoints and extorting money from the visitors,Nigerian airports are the worst that I’ve seen in my over 20 years of travelling to over 50 countries around the world,Nigerian airports are full of thieves parading theirselves as workers ranging from immigration, customs,ndlea down to the ordinary security guards.

The airports are still lacking in a lot of ways,it’s the most inefficient airport due to everybody trying to extort money from the visitors.

These issues needs to be addressed first before anything else tbh,the airport is very intimidating to foreigners imo.

Co sign. The extortion is not only targeted at foreigners, Nigerian travellers too are affected, all manners of shameless begging.

Many workers at the international airport have no shame, it's extremely embarrassing.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by AreaFada2: 12:55pm On May 12
Greatconcept12:
APC has clearly failed. Tinubu is clueless. He doesn't know what to do to improve Nigeria and the economy.
Hmmmmmm
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by PepeXKermit: 1:13pm On May 12
Visa Policy is not the problem. Any foreigner, even illegal can comfortably live in Nigeria and do business till their heads fall off. the economic policies are what is biting hard! you cannot kidnap foreign business executives, level trumped up charges against then, then in the same vein, ask people to still come and invest. These people are not fools, they have experts that analyze markets and give feedback. I can tell you, Nigeria is not it.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by commoditiesnig: 1:17pm On May 12
Very commendable
Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by laiperi: 1:25pm On May 12
Foreign Salvation will never save Nigerians from themselves. They are used to laundry our Foreign Income out of the country.

seamless access to any country is key for investment promotion, job creation, foreign direct investment.

Instead of foreign investment for looters, create enabling environment for local Youths and incentives for elders of goodwill, to invest the naira stored in warehouses, bullion vans and for feferities into creating jobs at home.

bigiyaro:
Are you talking about visa ATM card or visa as in permission to enter naija? cos the last time I remembered, enough Ghana, Togo, Benin Republic, and Niger people yakpa for naira without visa, and dont tell me that all these Chinese people doing illegal mining in naija found it hard to obtain naija visa, cos i that even if a convicted serial kill wants a naija visa, our embassy people go still runam at the right price under the table. The problem should be making the environment condusive for the bussiness in naija to stop moving out.

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments by Zeezenho: 1:41pm On May 12
This oluwole guys can never learn. the believe propaganda will makes things go away.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Uncovers Overpayment Of N430bn To Fuel Marketers / Nigeria, Saudi Arabia Meet To Boost Refineries, Pipelines, Others / Kogi Governorship: APC Under Pressure To Review Disqualification Of 12 Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.