Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,210 members, 7,846,012 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv - TV/Movies (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv (67187 Views)

Arin BBNaija: I Knew People Would Judge My Appearance On The Show / Cee-cCs Sister Replies Uriel: I Never Knew How Many Demons She Has Been Fighting / #bbnaija2018: Miracle And Nina Knew Themselves Before Coming To The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:57pm On May 14
nabiz:
if I am watching a 4k content 50gb will not do me for a week with mifi

There is HD format
There is standard format
And for me , I am replying you from EPZ

I don't have time for TV unless weekends that I am not engaged with other social activities

Android TV and smart TV remains the best

You are not pigeon holed to some very boring channels

You make your pick when you need to

Do you know how dstv makes money from you ?

What you pay for is data to download those pictures

When you are not at home , they make money
When there is no electricity,they make money
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by KingGeedorah(m): 4:29pm On May 14
Dstv no dey show all the play-off games, but with streaming l can watch all the games

mediclife1987:

Calculate everything, no be 31k you don spend so? Wetin come different from 37k of DSTV?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Rich4god(m): 4:42pm On May 14
OvertheTop:

They Are Talking About Enjoying Unlimited Content WHILE i thought they were fighting DSTV about trying to cut the Cost of TV Monthly
These TV solutions (IPTV, Streaming) are all going to make you spend A LOT more on TV Monthly

If you don't have any other things to do except to be watching TV, then streaming will be expensive. But for people that go to work and have family who go to sch, streaming is way cheaper. Since on Saturday to today, after watching Liverpool match yesterday, my total data usage on streaming so far is roughly 6gb. Aside from weekends, we hardly watch TV beyond 2 hours, so it's way cheaper for me to stream than pay for subscription plus the advantage of watching what you want and not what they show you.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Rich4god(m): 4:46pm On May 14
Nodogragra4me:

There is HD format
There is standard format
And for me , I am replying you from EPZ

I don't have time for TV unless weekends that I am not engaged with other social activities

Android TV and smart TV remains the best

You are not pigeon holed to some very boring channels

You make your pick when you need to

Do you know how dstv makes money from you ?

What you pay for is data to download those pictures

When you are not at home , they make money
When there is no electricity,they make money

Me I just tire for all these people shouting streaming is expensive. When you are not a sit at home man/woman. When I pay for Cable TV, I hardly watch up to 48hrs cumulative in a month. And aside from days of football matches, nothing serious is coming out of paid TV. Even YouTube alone gvs more entertainment than paid TV movie channels.

Compact is now 15k+ using 10k for 40gb data will last me more than a month.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Phyde: 5:36pm On May 14
CaptainFM1:

Welcome to the club. If you can configure Kodi, that's where the world of entertainment and TV viewing ends!

I've packed my cable box and dish like 5years ago.
No be lie bro. I played around kodi some years back and discovered all countries channels are there. I am too lazy to explore further due to my busy schedule these days. That kodi na coded beast and need time and patience to configure.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by OvertheTop(m): 5:44pm On May 14
Rich4god:

If you don't have any other things to do except to be watching TV, then streaming will be expensive. But for people that go to work and have family who go to sch, streaming is way cheaper. Since on Saturday to today, after watching Liverpool match yesterday, my total data usage on streaming so far is roughly 6gb. Aside from weekends, we hardly watch TV beyond 2 hours, so it's way cheaper for me to stream than pay for subscription plus the advantage of watching what you want and not what they show you.

I agree with you on your point for SINGLEs. BUT
to be Realistic. if its a Family, Kids watch TV more than you can think. from 3 pm after school till 9 pm at night
that is alot of Streaming Time

Verdict: too Expensive compared to fixed Amount for a month of cable tv
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Godspikin: 7:53pm On May 14
GentleBosss:
you gonna need an IPTV player to get Started but u must have either a smart tv, phone or PC. If u need more info Holla

I need more info pls. I have a smart TV
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by 3seriez(m): 8:15pm On May 14
Nodogragra4me:

Please What is the name of the Pdevice ?

HD4plus T70
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by GentleBosss: 9:26pm On May 14
Godspikin:

I need more info pls. I have a smart TV
check my profile post, send me a message on Whatsapp
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Scamburster(m): 11:09pm On May 14
GentleBosss:
Smart tv, mobile or PC
Let green app.
Nothing 8 Nothing 37six six Nothing 1six3
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Scamburster(m): 11:11pm On May 14
CaptainFM1:

That will be very difficult to do for some obvious reasons I would expect you to know. But if you drop me your contact, I may reach you from a business center by the roadside.
Let green app.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Scamburster(m): 11:12pm On May 14
Fibonacci88:

For all those who mentioned me I might not be able to quote everyone. I just got back from work and saw a lot of mentions. Just Google IPTV u can get more details. From my own understanding it's a link that gives u access to countless stations online and videos on demand. Just get an app like smatterspro or the one I use xciptv. When u subscribe u will be given username and password as well as a link to login. It's pretty straightforward. U can use on both ur phone, smart tv or an android box which I use. The experience I tell u is out of this world.
https://www.nairaland.com/8061232/get-over-13k-channels-iptv
This is the link to the contact here on nairaland u can chat him up
Let green app.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by techgen(m): 11:57pm On May 14
samcolee:

Imagine having neighbours who understand life y'all join money to sub starlink maybe 38 people you'd be paying 1k per month for unlimited data

Real matters bro…Nigerians will think along this line, the network is very stable even in rainy condition and the speed is awesome…I know soon the price will fall below 440k as the adoption is becoming popular.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:32am On May 15
3seriez:

HD4plus T70

Thank. On transit presently but will get it, most likely, this week

How much make Dem no use me shine because with this nairaland story dealers are likely to experience increase patronage.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by meum: 8:38am On May 15
@ hartum, Hopez456, MrKodak I didn’t see the emails sent.
For the FREE IPTV links first download any IPTV m3u app on your device then navigate to where you can add the link. Visit https://ip-tv(dot)app/#bycountry {remove (dot) & replace with .} click “copy” on any of the m3u links of your choice then go back to the downloaded app, paste it & watch the channels. You can bookmark your channels of interest so you can have a list of channels you like to watch in one place.

I’m still searching for the one that gave me all these popular subscription channels. I will share when I find it.
IPTV is illegal so you VPN that’s what they always say

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:39am On May 15
Rich4god:

Me I just tire for all these people shouting streaming is expensive. When you are not a sit at home man/woman. When I pay for Cable TV, I hardly watch up to 48hrs cumulative in a month. And aside from days of football matches, nothing serious is coming out of paid TV. Even YouTube alone gvs more entertainment than paid TV movie channels.

Compact is now 15k+ using 10k for 40gb data will last me more than a month.

They are dstv agents trying to defend the indefensible with ill-thought and unwise reasons

One person even lies that his or her TV is switched on from 5:30 am and remains so until 12 midnight everyday because he has a family as if he is the only one with family

Just unintelligent contributions

How can it be more expensive when I am sure I won't be watching it for more than 2 hours everyday

I'm out of my house and will be transiting thieufh two states

My wife is out and so also are my kids

Even if I have the smart box now, madam will be too busy with her kids to begin to watch TV in the evening.

This thing is the best thing to be brought forward here in nairaland for family Men to mange their resources
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by agoro2u: 8:53am On May 15
meum:
For the FREE IPTV links first download any IPTV m3u app on your device then navigate to where you can add the link. Visit https://ip-tv(dot)app/#bycountry {remove (dot) & replace with .} click “copy” on any of the m3u links of your choice then go back to the downloaded app, paste it & watch the channels. You can bookmark your channels of interest so you can have a list of channels you like to watch in one place.

I’m still searching for the one that gave me all these popular subscription channels. I will share when I find it.

Thank you Boss. Pls quote me when you get those channels
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by meum: 9:44am On May 15
agoro2u:

Thank you Boss. Pls quote me when you get those channels
Download Iptv Smarters or any xtreamcodes compatible app & enjoy this on your screen

Use these details:

http://556677.ovh:25461
Username ➤4k5lpiwo
Password ➤1hqb9wk3
(as seen online sha) - 3,394 channels (add working ones to favorites)

They say IPTV is illegal so VPN is advised. Go pay for deesteevee subscription instead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:40am On May 15
occfx:

If you have smart TV, its 15k for 6 months and 25k for 1yr. If you don't have smart TV, get an android tv box or Amazon Firestick or Google stick and chat me up

How much is the android box or Google stick?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:01am On May 15
DavidEsq:

On a 50 inch TV screen abi? Dey play

You guys should stop advertising your ignorance here....

50inch or 200inch is the same

Thr video format is what determines the data consumption

SD
G
HD
UHK
1MK

The videos are done by production companies with different formats.

The sizes are fixed so even if you down it and plug it with flash drive to your Almighty 50inche ultra ultra ultra the TV will still play it a downloaded. It won't recook it to a higher gig.

If you want to save data switch to SD OR HD

STOP SPREADING YOUR IGNORANCE AS KNOWLEDGE because of 50inch TV
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by occfx: 12:32pm On May 15
Nodogragra4me:

How much is the android box or Google stick?

Between 40 and 50k
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by GerogeI(m): 12:44pm On May 15
Bulletproofgt:

I don download the android version but i no sabi use am
So it gives you access to private media libraries called depositories from which you can stream media. So you need to load the access link to some depositories. Search google to find the current depositories people are using, and steps to load them.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by agoro2u: 1:58pm On May 15
meum:

Download Iptv Smarters or any xtreamcodes compatible app & enjoy this on your screen

Use these details:

http://556677.ovh:25461
Username ➤4k5lpiwo
Password ➤1hqb9wk3
(as seen online sha) - 3,394 channels (add working ones to favorites)

They say IPTV is illegal so VPN is advised. Go pay for deesteevee subscription instead.

Thank you
God bless you richly.
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by DavidEsq(m): 2:43pm On May 15
Nodogragra4me:

You guys should stop advertising your ignorance here....

50inch or 200inch is the same

Thr video format is what determines the data consumption

SD
G
HD
UHK
1MK

The videos are done by production companies with different formats.

The sizes are fixed so even if you down it and plug it with flash drive to your Almighty 50inche ultra ultra ultra the TV will still play it a downloaded. It won't recook it to a higher gig.

If you want to save data switch to SD OR HD

STOP SPREADING YOUR IGNORANCE AS KNOWLEDGE because of 50inch TV
I'm lost @ the bolden
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by GentleBosss: 3:12pm On May 15
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:15pm On May 15
yad2eidi:
exactly. paying for govt or dstv is cheaper than 24-hour streaming. except if he streams 1 hour a day

Do you watch TV for 24 hours?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Benpete: 3:18pm On May 15
For those who want to Stream iptv in their android phone or TV download iptv xtream player from play store then email m
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:19pm On May 15
Dollywood:
Cable TV is better. With streaming you’d experience inconsistent viewing experience caused by internet connection which will ultimately lead to buffering and most times low quality streaming where the video quality drops from 760p to 240p. Even with your data you won’t enjoy your favorite TV shows and matches all the time because of that. And might end up spending more on data.

Dstv solicitor
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by AgentNnamdi: 3:24pm On May 15
meum:

All Country - https://iptv-org.github.io/iptv/index.country.m3u 15k+ Channels

Working Category - https://iptv-org.github.io/iptv/index.m3u 12k+ Channels

Updated automatically.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by meum: 3:34pm On May 15
GentleBosss:

IPTV isn't illegal and u don't need a vpn to access it.. I provide IPTV services and u don't need VPN to log in

I know. I used “They”. That’s what most of those websites say. Though they’ve been legal cases in developed countries, people still use IPTV
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by meum: 3:36pm On May 15
AgentNnamdi:

All Country - https://iptv-org.github.io/iptv/index.country.m3u 15k+ Channels

Working Category - https://iptv-org.github.io/iptv/index.m3u 12k+ Channels

Updated automatically.
I saw this already but it’s not opening at my end. I have enough channels already so no point racking my brain on why it isn’t working. Is it working at your end?
Re: I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv by yad2eidi: 3:44pm On May 15
Nodogragra4me:

Do you watch TV for 24 hours?

i dont watch tv at all. i have a large family comprising of kids, teens and elderly people. so the tv is on 16 hours minumum.
take it from someone that enjoys unlimited internet for 24 hours non stop.
gotv is cheaper than streaming.
not for someone that watches tv for an hour or 2 hours daily though

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

BBNaija: Maria And Pere Are The Wildcards, Fake Housemates / Lady Walks Unclad On Stage At 3 Thrones Concert In Lagos [PICS+VIDEO] / BBNaija: The Housemates That Nominated Laycon For Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.