Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,982 members, 7,841,756 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana (14886 Views)

Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: Buhari Lacks Power To Restrict Movement In Lagos, Abuja / Seyi Makinde Visits Obasanjo, Says AGF Lacks Power To Declare Amotekun Illegal / INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by Limitednow: 10:36pm On May 12
Governor Similanayi Fubara lacks the constitutional powers to decide the sitting venue of Rivers State House of Assembly (RSHA) lawmakers, says rights activist Femi Falana.

The Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) stated this in reaction to last year’s executive order of Governor Fubara but was made public recently after a state high court prohibited a faction of the RSHA from parading themselves as lawmakers.

The executive order dated December 2023 relocated the sitting of the legislature to the government house, citing the fire incident that occured in RSHA complex in October, making it uninhabitable.

“I would like to assume that the governor issued that executive order before the intervention of the High Court in Rivers State,” Mr Falana said on Sunday while appearing on Channels TV. “The house is independent of the executive. So the governor cannot tell the house where to sit.”

Buttressing his point further, the activist referenced an impeachment of a governor done outside the premises of the House of Assembly which was nullified by the Supreme Court.

“This was very clear in the Oyo State case which led to the impeachment of Governor Ladoja whereby under the influence of the late Chief Lamidi Adedibu, the House was alleged to have sat in a hotel and the Supreme Court made that point abundantly clear that an impeachment carried out in a hotel deviates clearly from the Constitution,” he said.

“So any sitting of the House outside the premise of the House of Assembly complex will not be known to law; will not be recognized by law.”

He said only properly constituted assembly members are empowered to decide elsewhere to sit outside the assembly complex.

“There is a separation of powers under the Constitution and each organ of the government must recognise its own powers and limitations,” he said.

The human rights lawyer equally said the lawmakers of the Rivers State House of Assembly who defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressive Congress (APC) have by the virtue of the actions lost their seats in the legislature.

https://todaypoliticsng.com/you-lack-power-to-decide-sitting-venue-of-rivers-assembly-falana-tells-fubara/

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by criminalmindz: 10:41pm On May 12
brown roof opinion people. Leave Rivers state alone mide your brown roof problems

32 Likes

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by favor914: 10:43pm On May 12
criminalmindz:
brown roof opinion people. Leave Rivers state alone mide your brown roof problems
You never start to dey wail Yet, just wait.

Make racoon your Advocate come give me em opinion.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by Mikespecialone(m): 10:43pm On May 12
Lo batan! !!

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by klynranth: 11:18pm On May 12
Let him face wike not Fubara

3 Likes

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by Odin13: 11:22pm On May 12
The very most important matter.. is that the reps are no more ..

.. their place others have taken.. Algon and their noise has disappeared.. the reps will soon disappear.. and after the Wike solidarity march ... .. the rest will all fade..

Fubara is the real definition of a wicked neck presser. Dem call am boy” ... boy still put all those men for under hot hot sun.. with Wike sweating from his nyash.. here in Abuja.. meanwhile , the boy Dey chill big time.. Na for tv .. he dey watch them sweat

For me in all

I see the hands of Tinubu and voice of Fubara

The rest of Yoruba people supporting Wike with nuisance analysis are just jobless and time wasters.. trolling for their fellow jobless beings to like their post

Plus Wike minus Wike

Alpha marine ... the very Odin’s abode has sailed..

Ship is sailing so ruggedly.. no time for jonzing bastards

11 Likes

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by Joshy4u: 11:35pm On May 12
Read to the end guys before killing Falana.
At the end, he said the 27 lawmakers that defected has lost their seat.

So, otilo for Wike and his 27 gangs

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by yarimo(m): 11:42pm On May 12
When I said a governor doesn't have such powers, kids with free bonus data invade the thread to post rubbish.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by Coolestguy2023: 11:46pm On May 12
Igbos can support any illegality so long it is against who they don't like. Just wait and let thesame issue play out with a governor that they don't like, they will cry bitterly stating why the governor have no right to interfere with the legislative chamber. In fact, they will push for the immediate impeachment of the governor by the house.
There hypocrisy stinks to the high heavens.

*I DON'T READ MENTIONS SO YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR TIME REPLYING ME*I

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by Kukutente23: 12:08am On May 13
The human rights lawyer equally said the lawmakers of the Rivers State House of Assembly who defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressive Congress (APC) have by the virtue of the actions lost their seats in the legislature.
I beseech all Wike minions by the mercies of the Lord to read the thread to the end before masturbating so they can know how to mastrubate appropriately grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by Storypot: 2:14am On May 13
Coolestguy2023:
Igbos can support any illegality so long it is against who they don't like. Just wait and let thesame issue play out with a governor that they don't like, they will cry bitterly stating why the governor have no right to interfere with the legislative chamber. In fact, they will push for the immediate impeachment of the governor by the house.
There hypocrisy stinks to the high heavens.

*I DON'T READ MENTIONS SO YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR TIME REPLYING ME*I

You do, fornyou to have said you dont, you do, but you dont respond and thats okay. African Jcole
Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by NwaliE01: 2:35am On May 13
I thought the 3 arms of government are independent.
The legislature, the executive and the Judiciary.

Why are the executives making others arms of the government look like they are answerable to them?

The governor doesn't know the limit of this authority.

9 Likes

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by NaijaCowFarm: 4:56am On May 13
NwaliE01:
I thought the 3 arms of government are independent.
The legislature, the executive and the Judiciary.

Why are the executives making others arms of the government look like they are answerable to them?

The governor doesn't know the limit of this authority.

Please, read the last paragraph which states:

"The human rights lawyer equally said the lawmakers of the Rivers State House of Assembly who defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressive Congress (APC) have by the virtue of the actions lost their seats in the legislature."

By implication, the remaining lawmakers who decided to be sitting government house are well able to make laws binding on the state and not the ones still fighting a lost battle.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by Injera(f): 5:12am On May 13
darikhua:
But the house is been renovated, where should the lawmakers sit, in your house mr. Falana?
learn to use being and been. similar in sound but written differently

6 Likes

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by Paraman: 5:56am On May 13
Fubara or any other governors do not have the power to dictate to the state assembly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by skultrick(m): 7:08am On May 13
Enough of this rivers matter

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by Dpharisee: 7:09am On May 13
He wants to renovate the Assembly Complex which is within his jurisdiction as directed by the new speaker

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by Elvis2kay: 10:01am On May 13
wink
Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by EdiskyHarry: 10:03am On May 13
So? Make una rest for rivers state, it's non of our business.
Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by Skillsnigeria: 10:03am On May 13
Hmmm
Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by christejames(m): 10:03am On May 13
Since the real lawmakers agree with him, no wahala! cool

Sane Nigerians are with you Fubara
Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by ogascomax: 10:06am On May 13
Lacks power or not those guys do no longer exist in the politics of River State. Let them be ready for fresh election with APC.
Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by Xox1945(m): 10:06am On May 13
This evil falana again always talking from the two side of the mouth
Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by hammer567: 10:07am On May 13
I HAVE NEVER SEEN A COUNTRY WHERE ONE MAN WILL SIT IN HIS HOUSE AND BE GIVING UNSOLICITED LEGAL ADVICE.

ONE MAN JURY PROSECUTOR AND JUDGE.

IT CAN ONLY BE THE BANANA REPUBLIC.
Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by olisaEze(m): 10:08am On May 13
We agree with you sir, but for security reasons the RVHA needs to be protected from Wike & his twenty-seven from hell when Rivers State business is being conducted. Thanks for the unsolicited mention, I’m sure it will be taken under advisement. grin

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by hammer567: 10:08am On May 13
FALANA FIRST AND FOREMOST IS NOT DETRIBALIZED.

HE IS A YORUBA MAN PURSUING YORUBA INTEREST.

HOW MUCH OF THIS ADVICE HAS HE GIVEN TO HIS BROTHER TINUBU SINCE HE DESTROYED OF DEMOCRACY AND NAIRA?

HE REALLY NEEDS TO SHUT UP.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:08am On May 13
Limitednow:

Na dis part dey sweet me for belle kumeme!🤣🤣🤣
Wike is not an intelligent person. He had everything under control then he committed a major blunder, he told those unfortunate guys to decamp!😂

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by NkanuSon: 10:09am On May 13
Waitin concern this yoruba man with where sitting is holding in rivers state

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by ironheart(m): 10:09am On May 13
Its not about lack of power, its about his balls to fight his distractors
Re: Gov Fubara lacks power To Decide Sitting Venue for Rivers Assembly – Falana by Gboom: 10:10am On May 13
Joshy4u:
Read to the end guys before killing Falana.
At the end, he said the 27 lawmakers that defected has lost their seat.

So, otilo for Wike and his 27 gangs
And you believe him because he is the judge in the case

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Feared Dead As APC, PDP Clash In Kaduna / If Oil Can’t Save Venezuela, It Sure Can’t Save Nigeria Says Ben Murray / Lifeless Comment: FG Should Issue Strong Statement Against US, Trump - Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.