Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,876 members, 7,844,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) (28402 Views)

The Flood That Led To The Demolition In Mende / Gate House Demolition: Shop Owners Seek FG, International Community Intervention / #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by voiceofpaul(m): 9:12pm On May 13
ChizzyBuna:
She will be alright

She is a woman
She will definitely get help online

If na man come up with same story
Dem go even think say na Skit

One twitter simp will send her 1 million
Just watch and see

Na man you be. You know as e Dey go. Men and women have distinctively different realities in life.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Timoleon(m): 9:12pm On May 13
Rebuke:

At this point, I can only just pity her. According to her, they just bought the property. The person that sold the property to them is the heartless person here, if he knew the building was illegally erected. We should just pray not to fall victim of this kind of thing.

People often try to save cost by not doing their due diligence.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Beverlyjean(f): 9:12pm On May 13
Rebuke:

At this point, I can only just pity her. According to her, they just bought the property. The person that sold the property to them is the heartless person here, if he knew the building was illegally erected. We should just pray not to fall victim of this kind of thing.

What of if lagos state government played the developer
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Pelaiye2703(m): 9:13pm On May 13
It's a known fact that buildings without Building plan approval or planning permit may be taken down or penalized. I’ll implore us all to make use of this amnesty created by the LASG govt to get your planning permit to avoid unforeseen circumstances. I already created a topic in regards to this. I'll be here to attend to your concerns and questions if you have any.

https://www.nairaland.com/8068195/lagos-state-introduces-amnesty-building

GET YOUR PLANNING PERMIT TODAY!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by forgiveness: 9:13pm On May 13
Na wa ooo.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by muyico(m): 9:13pm On May 13
If she gat necesary documents? She can sue govrnment. Redcopy and back copy nko? Shey she didnt check d validity nih?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Yankee101: 9:13pm On May 13
I won’t advice anyone to buy property in Lagos

Nigeria needs to uproot and revamp it’s outdated land use act of the 1978

Land should be the prerogative of the local government not one centralized state govt office where a governor has to sign a CofO, that’s outrageous

Land belongs to the people, govt should collect taxes and regulate building codes and maintain a publicly available land registry you can look up online

Also a change in government shouldn’t precursor a change in land rules

Ambode approves , sanwo demolishes in Lagos
Makurdi approve el Rufai demolishes in kaduna
Elrufai approves, Wike demolishes in Abuja
It’s all nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Timoleon(m): 9:14pm On May 13
Emmastan291:
How do people cry with them making video of the crying?

Too Bad and Heartbreaking

The Lagos State Government should compensate for the demolition...
This truly shows that nobody knows tomorrow
“Onye Ma Echi"

Because usually they don't plan to cry. The tears come while explaining the burdens of their heart.

1 Like

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Abbeytoy(m): 9:15pm On May 13
Rebuke:

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Abbeytoy(m): 9:17pm On May 13
Rebuke:

If you buy a stolen phone without any background check or receipt, did you expect me to pity you when police arrest you?

Come off it... A whole house and not chicken ooo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Timoleon(m): 9:18pm On May 13
Kay25:
The person who sold it knew what was coming just acted smart and left her to face the problem...go and verify when buying properties

People don't want to spend extra one million to verify property. They end up losing everything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by casualobserver: 9:18pm On May 13
If you have seen houses of people who built in approved zones destroyed by flooding caused by those who built illegally on canals, you will feel no sympathy for the illegal home owners.

More legal houses have been destroyed by flooding than the houses built illegally on drainage canals that have been or will be bulldozed.

And when I say destroyed not all destruction is physical. There are many homes where due to flooding their homes are sick bays and a magnet for diseases due to stagnant water.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by SenecaTheYonger: 9:18pm On May 13
They can only demolish house like this because we live in a banana republic
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by blaise26abj(m): 9:20pm On May 13
immortalcrown:
Was the demolition illegal or legal? That's the most important information.

It is legal . People are just being sentimental . The actions of those werey developers are causing deaths of people . Because she bought a house that can lead to the death of people , it should be demolished .

Nigerians should learn to do due diligence before they buy properties

5 Likes

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by AmazingELixir: 9:21pm On May 13
lipsrsealed

She should gaan start all over again what she did to get the money used in the procurement...I'm very sure the payee(s) is/are ever willing to restock her goody bag once again.

More seriously Sanwo Olu is dealing with people this his term oo.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by opribo(m): 9:23pm On May 13
It is an open secret that any structure you spend millions to build in lagod is surely coming down soon.

So I ll rather go to my state and have peace of mind after all the things that used to make Lagos so attractive are everywhere so let me going home small small

1 Like

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by blaise26abj(m): 9:24pm On May 13
casualobserver:
If you have seen houses of people who built in approved zones destroyed by flooding caused by those who built illegally on canals, you will feel no sympathy for the illegal home owners.

More houses have been destroyed by flooding that the houses build illegally on drainage canals that have been or will be bulldozed.

The poor gets screwed all the time , we complain that government is not doing anything . They are doing something now yet people are complaining .

Even by the comments here , you see the stark ignorance and pride in stupidity . A fool is easily separated from his money . Make dem continue

4 Likes

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by ComeToJesus: 9:24pm On May 13
ChizzyBuna:
She will be alright

She is a woman
She will definitely get help online

If na man come up with same story
Dem go even think say na Skit

One twitter simp will send her 1 million
Just watch and see

What's one million compared to the value of her house.. you well so?

1 Like

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by SonofElElyonRet: 9:24pm On May 13
She didn't mention name of the estate... only eti osa. How do we know it's not just skit for publicity? If it's true it's sad but no facts in this video.. just a woman crying

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by femi4: 9:25pm On May 13
immortalcrown:
Was the demolition illegal or legal? That's the most important information.

I pity you but I need to know who I should blame in this case.
Blame the seller n the buyer

Both did do due diligence before building n buying respectively
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by MaziObinnaokija: 9:26pm On May 13
angry sad Some house agents are DEMONS from the BOTTOMLESS PIT sad.They'll tell u to pay b4 another person grab am.Some people go then RUSH to pay and going up/down,flapping hands,like landlord sad. At last sad sad,money enter bush sad

1 Like

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Desusi: 9:26pm On May 13
affable4:
Check house thoroughly before you buy.

The previous owners knew about the demolition, and hurriedly and wickedly sold it off.

Exactly!Trust Nigerian. She may have got it very cheap.Hmmmm,awoof dey tear pocket ooo.Nonetheless, l trust sanwo olu,he omoluabi and a listening Governor, he will do something. Mark my words.

1 Like

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by bluefilm: 9:27pm On May 13
Is she igbo?
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Integrafamoo: 9:28pm On May 13
Glimpsetv:
A woman has shared a heartbreaking account of how the house they just purchased in February is being marked for demolition in May. According to the woman, they have only stayed in the house for just 2 months. Sharing the heartbreaking news online with tears, she said, "All the hard work, all the sleepless nights, everything… if you're in Lagos, you know how much properties in Eti-Osa cost. Each time my son sees me crying, he would always ask why I am crying, 'Mummy, you have been crying.' How do I explain to our son? How? What do I tell my children? Please, watch the short video and listen.

This is indeed heartbreaking. What is your take on this? Please feel free to drop your thoughts in the comment section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL7JruiqOLs

Cc: Nlfpmod
Lagos government is just doing dirty business with people's properties. The same land will be sold to another person or shared. There is no recent building in those areas with government and omo oniles consent.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by joseph1832(m): 9:32pm On May 13
Glimpsetv:
A woman has shared a heartbreaking account of how the house they just purchased in February is being marked for demolition in May. According to the woman, they have only stayed in the house for just 2 months. Sharing the heartbreaking news online with tears, she said, "All the hard work, all the sleepless nights, everything… if you're in Lagos, you know how much properties in Eti-Osa cost. Each time my son sees me crying, he would always ask why I am crying, 'Mummy, you have been crying.' How do I explain to our son? How? What do I tell my children? Please, watch the short video and listen.

This is indeed heartbreaking. What is your take on this? Please feel free to drop your thoughts in the comment section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL7JruiqOLs

Cc: Nlfpmod
well... shit happens, that's all I can say. Actually I have things to say: why is it that
many Nigerians always like to use emotion to blackmail people, when they are wrong? I mean, just look at this woman and what she's doing. You bought a property, its marked for demolition, shouldn't the proper thing, for her to do, is go to the person who sold the property to her, and request for her money, or sue them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Papayaayasager(m): 9:32pm On May 13
People should just boycott Lagos ASAP

LASG has gone bananas and power drunk

1 Like

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Gaabasky: 9:35pm On May 13
The fellow that sold it already knw. So take heart. It's a lesson for others to do thorough investigation on any properties that's for sales.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by tojahh(m): 9:36pm On May 13
What about if the video was not recording? So you will start again from beginning to start crying and giving Lamba?

Well your "Fans" dey Twitter, them go soon gather money for you make you use buy another house. I trust them.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by joseph1832(m): 9:36pm On May 13
Gaabasky:
The fellow that sold it already knw. So take heart. It's a lesson for others to do thorough investigation on any properties that's for sales.
She can still reclaim her money.

She should sue whoever sold the property.

1 Like

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:36pm On May 13
Is it that she is just hearing that houses in that area are not safe for investment and didn't she do a property search on its title documents at the secretariat before making her purchase.
She would have to confront her lawyer who aided her.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by ThebestPromise: 9:40pm On May 13
Stevenson20:
I feel her pain, but on the other hand I don't have any pity for her. Life does not begin and end in Lagos State. With the recent happenings in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole, they've been warned but they don't care.
If you're building houses or buying properties in Lagos, you're doing so at your own risk.
Una go learn it they hard way till you all get sense.

What of the demolition that is ongoing in Asaba which is even more than Lagos ? Enugu is ongoing too. The task force chairman of Delta State demolition said today it will affect thousands.

It is not about Lagos but people not doing enough while buying properties.

The hatred should stop for once please.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. / Photos Of WTC Estate Commissioned By Enugu State Government / My New Borehole Pumps Out Dirty Water First, Before Clean Water. Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.