Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,398 members, 7,843,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) (28390 Views)

The Flood That Led To The Demolition In Mende / Gate House Demolition: Shop Owners Seek FG, International Community Intervention / #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Bluffly: 1:43am On May 14
immortalcrown:
Was the demolition illegal or legal? That's the most important information.

I pity you but I need to know who I should blame in this case.

Why was the house demolished? Don't just tell us that the house was demolished, also tell us what led to the demolition.

Will you buy a stolen good and blame the thief when you get arrested? Buyers of illegal structures are the promoters of illegal structures. If there are no such buyers, who will venture into the business of illegal structures?

I honestly don't know why the woman's house was demolished. That's why I ask my questions. But you are illogical here.
Stop talking nonsense. Who will purposely carry hard earned money and buy illegal structure. This is a building and not television or vehicle. Government officials are still the criminals here. Was a search not done on the property before buying?. Government officials are making processes so obscure and hoarding information that could have help a lot of people all because they also want to collect illegal monies.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Bluffly: 1:45am On May 14
immortalcrown:
I am not defending the builders of such structures. The point is that the builders are encouraged by the buyers. Once there are willing consumers, there will be producers.
Trash
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Cutehector(m): 3:01am On May 14
grin
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:02am On May 14
Emmastan291:
How do people cry with them making video of the crying?

Too Bad and Heartbreaking

The Lagos State Government should compensate for the demolition...
This truly shows that nobody knows tomorrow
“Onye Ma Echi"

While crying we also see moreover she wasn't blind
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by bluestone2015: 3:19am On May 14
Stingy and poor men calling kind and rich men simps.
ChizzyBuna:
She will be alright

She is a woman
She will definitely get help online

If na man come up with same story
Dem go even think say na Skit

One twitter simp will send her 1 million
Just watch and see
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by youngrichnigga: 3:45am On May 14
One of the many reasons why I didn't practice in the building and construction industry in Nigeria despite my background as an architect is the unscrupulousness in every aspect of the construction practice from margin theft, approval rackets, material stealing etc. This act by the builder is also one of it and they knew the building was in the right of way and still went ahead to sell to the unsuspecting buyer angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Taiwo20(m): 4:46am On May 14
*Marked for demolition*
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Fhowe: 5:17am On May 14
Kay25:
The person who sold it knew what was coming just acted smart and left her to face the problem...go and verify when buying properties
thats why it is better to buy in developed areas with old family houses then you can ask around and get some information everybody wants to stay on the island without doing findings , so parts of the mainland are not that bad sha

1 Like

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by shereef19: 5:19am On May 14
Am advises
Even in our village not even developing places like Lagos, PH, Abuja, etc

Whenever you want to buy a house or land make sure you go town planning office of that area and confirm the availability or government plan for that particular portion before getting the certificate of occupancy
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Uncletony(m): 5:24am On May 14
I have been to at least 4 mega cities of this world ( London, Delhi, Shanghai, Tokyo), that is why I laugh when idiots hypes a glorified slum called Lagos
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by toolovely(m): 5:34am On May 14
immortalcrown:

Why was the house demolished? Don't just tell us that the house was demolished, also tell us what led to the demolition.

Will you buy a stolen good and blame the thief when you get arrested? Buyers of illegal structures are the promoters of illegal structures. If there are no such buyers, who will venture into the business of illegal structures?

I honestly don't know why the woman's house was demolished. That's why I ask my questions. But you are illogical here.

Was the building not approved by the state's town planning dept? Did Eti osa LGA boys not collect egunje on the project?

1 Like

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by AareGaa: 5:39am On May 14
immortalcrown:

I doubt if that person actually owned a house.

Perhaps, she is looking for people to scam
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by AareGaa: 5:41am On May 14
Stevenson20:
I feel her pain, but on the other hand I don't have any pity for her. Life does not begin and end in Lagos State. With the recent happenings in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole, they've been warned but they don't care.
If you're building houses or buying properties in Lagos, you're doing so at your own risk.
Una go learn it they hard way till you all get sense.

Biafla is a cursed land, nobody will be ready to own a house there
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Subonbon(m): 5:43am On May 14
immortalcrown:

abi na.... At least she said she bought it Feb an. The fast man that sold it it her knew definitely that the house was up for demolition... Without proper enquiry you bought the property at a give away price now you want us to know you are crying... It hurts though at least try they ask questions before you jump buy anything E get why... Humans just join wicked...
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by AareGaa: 5:43am On May 14
GODPUNISHALABI:
Them carry lagos swear for igbo ppl why dem no fit buy house for anywhere except lagos?

Because Biafra is a cursed land.

Nobody wants to live there
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by okoroemeka(m): 5:53am On May 14
ChizzyBuna:
She will be alright

She is a woman

Just watch and see
just 1 m?,they will get her another house
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Oracle411: 6:05am On May 14
I don't understand thks demolition thing.

How old is the house?
What is / are the reasons for the demolition?
When the houses were being built, was govt blind to stop the building process instead of waiting for completion then demolish.
Is there compensation?
Cant the govt be sued for this?

Is it part of the coastal road?
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by toffyz(m): 6:10am On May 14
ChizzyBuna:
She will be alright

She is a woman

Just watch and see
This your assertion is 💯. In fact, that's the main reason she did the video, to seek online help. She con beautiful join, she go quick see helper shaaaani

1 Like

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Diligence: 6:19am On May 14
Lagos Criminal syndicate in waiting for people to build, only to destroy is evil & must stop b4 people start seeking justice for demselves!
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by ppogba: 6:37am On May 14
Bliztzer:

Many people are ignorant of this method. Another thing is may Nigeria never happen to us. A lot has happened recently in where I am currently residing . Some powerful senators picked interest in place, and they played an unbelievable trick. It was reported that place was full of rickety houses housing criminals and there fore marked for demolition. Over 300 houses were marked for demolition based on the official photo submitted which depicted container houses and shanty neighbourhood which never reflected the true nature of community. It took us 2 yrs to solve. That singular lesson thought me never to trust govt or anybody in govt again.

Eeyah!

If you waka for Naija, you go see orisirisi.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Lovelyn451(f): 6:48am On May 14
Una still dey buy house for lagos....kai, my people never learn
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Mandate1: 6:55am On May 14
immortalcrown:

there's never a demolition that is legal. All demolitions are evil and wicked.

A govt doesn't wait for people to build then afterwards demolish such properties. Govt should prevent such structures from being erected in the first place. So many agencies of the govt charged with this responsibility, what are they doing?
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:19am On May 14
immortalcrown:

ADDED:
Many have quoted me and said that every demolition is illegal. This is not true. I know that the government is corrupt. But don't exaggerate things unnecessarily. I have seen where a town planning authority wanted to pull down an uncompleted structure but the owner used money and political influence to stop the demolition. The building later got demolished a few years after its completion. By the way, why do you quote me and sound as if you know exactly why this woman's building was demolished? I ask again, why was the building demolished? I will not take a side until I know why the building was demolished.
you are talking like a tyrant. Someone like you can never own a land let alone building a structure. I'm sure your father nor your mother never build a home! Real reason why you are always in pain to see people who successfully own a house
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Bluntemperor: 7:26am On May 14
For thorough investigation,
1- let us see the Structure.
2- let us see the Location of the Property/ Land.
3- Which Area of Eti- Osa- Can we see the Papers?
4- who sold the Property/ Land -to this Madam -Is it Omoonile or Property Developers ?
5- Is it blocking any Drainage?
6- what role did the State Officials played in the Approval of the Property or is it unapproved?
I believed that Govt should do her own investigations with her and show emphaty in this situation,not brutality!
We should have compassionate heart and let Peace rein in Lagos State!
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Hanndye: 7:27am On May 14
gabbasin:
If you are buying land or property situated in a swampy area or near a canal, kindly do your due diligence and if you are in doubt just don't buy. Most developers and realtors in Lagos are crooks. I really feel for those whose house have been demolished or marked for demolition. Investing ones hard earned millions in real estate should entail one to be doubly sure before closing the deal
I didn't know Omoluabis can be this wicked.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by CheapHomes1: 7:27am On May 14
Rebuke:

At this point, I can only just pity her. According to her, they just bought the property. The person that sold the property to them is the heartless person here, if he knew the building was illegally erected. We should just pray not to fall victim of this kind of thing.

what of the papers? did she not ask for papers before buying the house?
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by CheapHomes1: 7:29am On May 14
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
you are talking like a tyrant. Someone like you can never own a land let alone building a structure. I'm sure your father nor your mother never build a home! Real reason why you are always in pain to see people who successfully own a house

now that the house is going to be demolished, how is that success?
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by immortalcrown(m): 7:31am On May 14
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
Be it unto you according to your wishes for me. If you are not a hater of balanced judgement, point out any injustice or falsehood in my comment.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:36am On May 14
CheapHomes1:

why are you happy someone house is getting demolish? It's Simple because you can never own a house
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Edusouls(m): 7:37am On May 14
GODPUNISHALABI:
Them carry lagos swear for igbo ppl why dem no fit buy house for anywhere except lagos?
is she Igbo, na only Igbos dem Dey demolish their homes
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by wolebest: 7:41am On May 14
Glimpsetv:
A woman has shared a heartbreaking account of how the house they just purchased in February is being marked for demolition in May. According to the woman, they have only stayed in the house for just 2 months. Sharing the heartbreaking news online with tears, she said, "All the hard work, all the sleepless nights, everything… if you're in Lagos, you know how much properties in Eti-Osa cost. Each time my son sees me crying, he would always ask why I am crying, 'Mummy, you have been crying.' How do I explain to our son? How? What do I tell my children? Please, watch the short video and listen.

This is indeed heartbreaking. What is your take on this? Please feel free to drop your thoughts in the comment section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL7JruiqOLs

I feel your pain....

But you should sue the company or Realtor that sold you a house built on the right of way.

Don't blame the government.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by CheapHomes1: 7:48am On May 14
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
why are you happy someone house is getting demolish? It's Simple because you can never own a house

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please Help, Landlady Has Taken My Anger To Another Level. / Photos Of WTC Estate Commissioned By Enugu State Government / Buy Locally Made Metal Security Doors Call 08182481552 For More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.