Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,231 members, 7,846,093 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) (28416 Views)

The Flood That Led To The Demolition In Mende / Gate House Demolition: Shop Owners Seek FG, International Community Intervention / #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:50am On May 14
immortalcrown:
Be it unto you according to your wishes for me. If you are not a hater of balanced judgement, point out any injustice or falsehood in my comment.
you are the one that is hating here, from your comment and analysis, you are so excited and judgemental the good reason why the house should be demolished, let's assume it's legal to demolish the house, the woman made a mistake by purchasing illegal structure. That doesn't mean she can't be console for her loss, if you can't say something good about someone, why can't you just shut up. We all know in this country that the government of Lagos state are on revenge mission against those they passive as enemies during elections. Tinubu lost presidential election in Lagos, sanwoolu had to employ thugs and violence to manipulate his ways if not he won't win Lagos. Now they sundenly discovered 30years old structure is illegal. Before you tag me ipob, I'm a Yoruba I'm standing for justice and truth.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by immortalcrown(m): 7:59am On May 14
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
you are the one that is hating here, from your comment and analysis, you are so excited and judgemental the good reason why the house should be demolished, let's assume it's legal to demolish the house, the woman made a mistake by purchasing illegal structure. That doesn't mean she can't be console for her loss, if you can't say something good about someone, why can't you just shut up. We all know in this country that the government of Lagos state are on revenge mission against those they passive as enemies during elections. Tinubu lost presidential election in Lagos, sanwoolu had to employ thugs and violence to manipulate his ways if not he won't win Lagos. Now they sundenly discovered 30years old structure is illegal. Before you tag me ipob, I'm a Yoruba I'm standing for justice and truth.
Be it unto you according to your wishes for me. If you are not a hater of balanced judgement, point out any injustice or falsehood in my comment.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by CursedOsuPigs: 8:04am On May 14
immortalcrown:
Was the demolition illegal or legal? That's the most important information.

I pity you but I need to know who I should blame in this case.

Why was the house demolished? Don't just tell us that the house was demolished, also tell us what led to the demolition.

Will you buy a stolen good and blame the thief when you get arrested? Buyers of illegal structures are the promoters of illegal structures. If there are no such buyers, who will venture into the business of illegal structures?

I honestly don't know why the woman's house was demolished. That's why I ask my questions. But you are illogical here.

ADDED:
Many have quoted me and said that every demolition is illegal. This is not true. I know that the government is corrupt. But don't exaggerate things unnecessarily. I have seen where a town planning authority wanted to pull down an uncompleted structure but the owner used money and political influence to stop the demolition. The building later got demolished a few years after its completion. Do you also know that a crook can get a fake approval for an illegal structure and use the approval to scare junior town planning workers away when those workers attempt to demolish the building? Have you forgotten that, in Nigeria, a criminal can postpone or avert his punishment by putting a phone call to someone in a top government position? Town planning workers can go to a site and get chased away by a call from an army officer or from another oga at the top. But because power is transient, the building can be demolished when the owner's opponent climbs to power. Most of you are ignorant of the reality in Nigeria.

By the way, why do you quote me and sound as if you know exactly why this woman's building was demolished? I ask again, why was the building demolished? I will not take a side until I know why the building was demolished.

Thank you for your sound submission 👍
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:07am On May 14
CheapHomes1:

now that the house is going to be demolished, how is that success?
Lagos state government sundenly discovered that 30years old structure is illegal right? Real reason why Africa are backward.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by CursedOsuPigs: 8:10am On May 14
nonhuman:
Who still buys properties in Lagos these days , they only aim is to make properties cheap in Lagos so that Yorubas can be able to buy and scare igbos from buying properties due to fear

I like your moniker, your comment reflects it.

Do you like my moniker?🤣
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by nonhuman(m): 8:12am On May 14
CursedOsuPigs:

I like your moniker, your comment reflects it.

Do you like my moniker?🤣
yes your Monika is exactly what you are
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Kay25(m): 9:32am On May 14
SonOfDSoil01:
exactly, i wonder how people take such risk. You are investing your hard earn money in a property worth millions but simply due diligence that won’t cost you much, you ignore and you turn around and blame government? Pls let all learn to do the right thing
Very true,she might be more concerned on buying at lesser price and the area than verifying the documents to holds it

1 Like

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Kay25(m): 9:34am On May 14
Fhowe:
thats why it is better to buy in developed areas with old family houses then you can ask around and get some information everybody wants to stay on the island without doing findings , so parts of the mainland are not that bad sha
Very true
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Sirianese: 9:56am On May 14
Glimpsetv:
A woman has shared a heartbreaking account of how the house they just purchased in February is being marked for demolition in May. According to the woman, they have only stayed in the house for just 2 months. Sharing the heartbreaking news online with tears, she said, "All the hard work, all the sleepless nights, everything… if you're in Lagos, you know how much properties in Eti-Osa cost. Each time my son sees me crying, he would always ask why I am crying, 'Mummy, you have been crying.' How do I explain to our son? How? What do I tell my children? Please, watch the short video and listen.

This is indeed heartbreaking. What is your take on this? Please feel free to drop your thoughts in the comment section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL7JruiqOLs

Ojuju you no get property lawyer before you carry money give developer?

You come dey cry for inside camera? Well maybe if sanwo see your channel & like you e fit direct you go im guesthouse for negotiation; you know, he will negotiate with you inside your underground garage, the one that leads to and fro the netherworld

Mugu
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by CheapHomes1: 10:14am On May 14
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
Lagos state government sundenly discovered that 30years old structure is illegal right? Real reason why Africa are backward.
now that the house is going to be demolished, how does that equate to success?
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by UNNGRADUATEEE: 10:28am On May 14
Glimpsetv:
A woman has shared a heartbreaking account of how the house they just purchased in February is being marked for demolition in May. According to the woman, they have only stayed in the house for just 2 months. Sharing the heartbreaking news online with tears, she said, "All the hard work, all the sleepless nights, everything… if you're in Lagos, you know how much properties in Eti-Osa cost. Each time my son sees me crying, he would always ask why I am crying, 'Mummy, you have been crying.' How do I explain to our son? How? What do I tell my children? Please, watch the short video and listen.

This is indeed heartbreaking. What is your take on this? Please feel free to drop your thoughts in the comment section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL7JruiqOLs

She is beautiful

2 Likes

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by UnimkeAk(m): 11:11am On May 14
Biafrannuke:
More of you will cry bitter tears. Truth suffers no defeat. No matter how you pretend, truth wins with time and who ever has it will eventually have control over all others no matter how different it was made to look like in the beginning.

Landmark resort guy is considering moving to Akwa Ibom after all the sagacity that lead him to invest in Lagos. All you stupid Igbos mis-investing in Lagos will learn there is no place like home. Let's hope it's not too late.
Dey play Akwaibom isn’t Igbo land, better go and invest in Orji river
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by okito: 11:13am On May 14
SonOfDSoil01:
go and free Anambala first, we will do everything legal to protect our city and state from defiant savages like you and your clan before you turn our land to what yours have become, no wonder no one finds your place attractive for investment.
Another gullible one who needs help. I was born and bred in Lagos with my Lagos indigineship certificate signed by Prince Yemi Oyekan, in the presence of the highly reverred and now late Oba Adeyinka Oyekan. You can't be more Lagosian than me. I can bet that. I pray you get emancipated from mental slavery someday. I am sure you need it and I ll be glad to assist wherever I can.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by SonOfDSoil01: 12:02pm On May 14
okito:

Another gullible one who needs help. I was born and bred in Lagos with my Lagos indigineship certificate signed by Prince Yemi Oyekan, in the presence of the highly reverred and now late Oba Adeyinka Oyekan. You can't be more Lagosian than me. I can bet that. I pray you get emancipated from mental slavery someday. I am sure you need it and I ll be glad to assist wherever I can.
story for the Gods grin I bet you would need the emancipation more. When the government is doing badly we blame them when everywhere get flooded. The rains are coming and they are trying to correct the errors made by some few defiant amongst us who seem to not always do the right thing and put the rest of us at risk, but instead of you to reason logically with your brain, you here supporting illegality? If you truly an indigene of the state you won’t watch it go in ruins.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by SonOfDSoil01: 12:04pm On May 14
Kay25:

Very true,she might be more concerned on buying at lesser price and the area than verifying the documents to holds it
exactly the desperation we talking about here, just because you want to be a landlord in Lagos which is not bad but should be done the right way.

1 Like

Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by okito: 12:11pm On May 14
SonOfDSoil01:
story for the Gods grin I bet you would need the emancipation more. When the government is doing badly we blame them when everywhere get flooded. The rains are coming and they are trying to correct the errors made by some few defiant amongst us who seem to not always do the right thing and put the rest of us at risk, but instead of you to reason logically with your brain, you here supporting illegality? If you truly an indigene of the state you won’t watch it go in ruins.
OK, at least you are making an attempt to be objective. I support government taking action to prevent environmental disaster but this is not the case here. The estate in question was demolished without notice, despite the fact that the case is in court between the ruling family that sold the land to us and a private individual close to the President who claims to have a Cof O. When representatives visited Labsca, Gbolahan Oki said "You obedients, we ll deal with you" It's on record. This is impunity!!! The houses were not encumbrances and I can confirm I built mine on Pile Foundation, Not Raft!!!
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Kingson28: 12:16pm On May 14
Having a house in Lagos for some folks, even those who hate Yoruba with passion, is like having a house in London or Washington D. C, or Sydney or Beijing.
Instead for them to buy or build house in their home state capitals they will be rushing to Lagos to become property owners.
If you MUST own property in Yorubaland or South West, why not get one in either Ogun State or Ibadan?
Lagos State government will also be looking for subtle ways to discourage people flowing and flocking to Lagos from every village in Nigeria.
I sympathize with you, lady.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Meteng: 12:36pm On May 14
Kai! This woman fine well well. This her lips go sweet to k!SS bad bad
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by lagosrd: 1:17pm On May 14
This is a great lesson to all who invest their hard earn monies without due consultations. Please consult professionals to do you due diligence so that you will avoid future issues like this.

Most self styled property developers are heartless , they don't care about you, the know the truth and they would have known this will come up but unfortunately, they won't tell you anything close to this.

If you can spend millions to buy properties don't be so mincely to the extent that you can't spend money to get the right information.

Consult qualified architects when needed
Consults, engineers where needed
Consult a professional they will give you a second opinion about issue and make a huge research on your behalf.

A client once called me from the US to help them with that as built design if a house under construction for approval purpose but I was smart enough to get info from my Ministry of lands and Town planning guys that the land is under government take over. I told the client to pay so they we can get the gazette out and be sure she refused and even called one dumbass who told her it's a lie. Today the house is partially demolished and she could stand the sight of the ruins she spent millions of naira on. It's such a pity.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by djon78(m): 2:17pm On May 14
Kingson28:
Having a house in Lagos for some folks, even those who hate Yoruba with passion, is like having a house in London or Washington D. C, or Sydney or Beijing.
Instead for them to buy or build house in their home state capitals they will be rushing to Lagos to become property owners.
If you MUST own property in Yorubaland or South West, why not get one in either Ogun State or Ibadan?
Lagos State government will also be looking for subtle ways to discourage people flowing and flocking to Lagos from every village in Nigeria.
I sympathize with you, lady.

As long as Nigeria is one Nation
Any citizen can buy legal land and build house anywhere in Nigeria

Is not even Lagos that Easterners have properties more
Many have properties in FCT, and Northern more self

But you don't see Northern governments scaring people etc

Anyway the wise thing is for Easterners to beware of buying properties in Lagos
Cause that's the only place they buy in the West

They should be wary and carry there investments to better places even homeward or overseas

Example being a home owner in the US/UK etc is a very easy process and carries better benefits

It's just cause many don't know the process
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Kingson28: 7:35pm On May 14
[quote author=djon78 post=129948922]

As long as Nigeria is one Nation
Any citizen can buy legal land and build house anywhere in Nigeria

Is not even Lagos that Easterners have properties more
Many have properties in FCT, and Northern more self

But you don't see Northern governments scaring people etc

Anyway the wise thing is for Easterners to beware of buying properties in Lagos
Cause that's the only place they buy in the West

They should be wary and carry there investments to better places even homeward or overseas

Example being a home owner in the US/UK etc is a very easy process and carries better benefits

It's just cause many don't know the process

Can you compare the landmass of Northern states in Nigeria to that of Lagos State?
Since there are better places to invest and buy property in than Lagos, I expect to hear it in the news that 2 million Igbos have returned and relocated to Anambra or Owerri or Enugu or Abakaliki.
You hate a people but keep flocking to their land to sell gala and Lacasera.
No shame. No dignity. Nothing.
Re: Woman Shares Heartbreaking Story Of House Demolition In Lagos(video) by Rebuke: 10:01pm On May 14
UNNGRADUATEEE:
She is beautiful

Na wa for yhu o! Person dey cry say dem won demolish her house yhu dey talk about beauty undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of WTC Estate Commissioned By Enugu State Government / Omonile Wants To Demolish My House / 16 Rooms Self Contain Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.