Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,557 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:31 PM

Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? (27944 Views)

Tenant Who Was Served Quit Notice Builds Beautiful House Opposite Landlord / My Landlord And I / Should The Tenant Who Is Served A Quit Notice Still Pay The Landlord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by tnerro1(m): 11:58am On May 21
Landlords cause itโ€™s their property, even the repairs of the water tank . But sewage na tenants oooo๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜…

But the landlord can ask them to contribute since they are the ones using it, if he doesnโ€™t reside in the same house with them.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Charly68: 11:59am On May 21
Whoever is using the pumping machine should repair it.

1 Like

Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Donchieli: 12:00pm On May 21
Shey u knw say

Wen u buy car

Dem de buy insurance separately

If u buy car without insurance only u go fix ur tin

The insurance here na maintenance fee/service charge

VIKTO83:
It's d complete responsibility of d landlord to repair/fux all faulty pumping machine, roofs, soakaway, etc.
It's only out of ignorance or magnimity will d tenant fix those stuff.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 12:01pm On May 21
If it's a major repairs n the landlord is not living with tenant then landlord should contribute but if it's minor den a reasonable tenant should fix it den inform d landlord later........
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by jmoore(m): 12:02pm On May 21
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

So tenants should repair it because they use it? Do they not pay him rent? Shebi he no know say part of the rent wey dem pay am na for maintenance? So if the tenants park out he will follow them and compel them to bring money for the repair?
Wetin concern rent and water?

It is like saying that you won't pay electricity bills because you paid rent.

The failure of government to provide good water supply have made some of you to push the burden to landlords.

2 Likes

Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:06pm On May 21
jmoore:

Wetin concern rent and water?

It is like saying that you won't pay electricity bills because you paid rent.
It is like a commercial car driver saying his passengers should pay for the servicing of his car or for replacing a faulty component because they were conveyed in it. No difference!
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by luskysylver(m): 12:09pm On May 21
YOU CAN NOT BE WAITING FOR ONE STRONG AND STUBBORN HEAD CALLED LANDLORD TO REPAIR IT WHILE YOU SUFFER FOR LACK OF WATER. IF YOU GUYS ARE MORE THAN ONE AND THE LANDLORD DOES NOT STAY THERE THEN FAST FAST FIX THE MESS AND CONTINUE. I STRONGLY BELIEVE IN MY CONVENIENCE. IF THE LANDLORD STAYS THERE ALL OF YOU INCLUDING HIM SHOULD FIX IT
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by jmoore(m): 12:10pm On May 21
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

It is like a commercial car driver saying his passengers should pay for the servicing of his car or for replacing a faulty component because they were conveyed in it. No difference!
Landlord should also pay all electricity bills of tenants.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Psoul(m): 12:10pm On May 21
If the Landlord is living in the same house and uses the pump, then, it's the responsibility of everyone in the house to contribute for the repairs.
If the Landlord is not living in the same house, the tenants should repair it.
If the machine has completely gone bad and need replacement, the Landlord should replace it.

1 Like

Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by mkoabiola: 12:12pm On May 21
We are currently facing same issue.

I suggest to my neighbors that The lamdlord should be informed and repair d pumping machine.

But my neighbors disagreed ,they said d landlord won't come to our rescue
.we hoping to repair it today

1 Like

Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Psoul(m): 12:14pm On May 21
tnerro1:
Landlords cause itโ€™s their property, even the repairs of the water tank . But sewage na tenants oooo๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜…

But the landlord can ask them to contribute since they are the ones using it, if he doesnโ€™t reside in the same house with them.

Read this ur comment again and check if it truly makes sense as u wanted it to.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by uuzba(m): 12:17pm On May 21
PlasmaTV:
It's the property of the landlord, so the landlord should repair it.
And collect the money as maintenance fee from the Tenants for the next year.
If they can't pay the increase, he will kick them all out and take another set of tenants.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by YorubaLord: 12:17pm On May 21
I bought new pumping machines twice for my tenants when the initial one spoilt as courtesy. They are good tenants. If they're the crazy ones, I won't give a hoot. angry

1 Like

Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Bekermann(m): 12:19pm On May 21
It depends on the lease agreement and the type of lease in operation.

It could be a lease on an FRI basis, where the tenant bears the liability of internal and external redecorations or maintenance as the case may be.

It could be on an IRI basis, where the landlord bears the liability of external repairs or redecoration while the tenant takes care of internal repairs.

It could also be on an NN basis, where all maintenance costs are the landlords responsibility.

This is why in sourcing for an apartment for accommodation, one has to be very careful in understanding the stipulations in the lease agreement.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by uuzba(m): 12:20pm On May 21
tnerro1:

Well yes you are right.
The landlord owns all the property and equipment.
He should repair everything and keep receipts of all repairs.
But charge the tenants maintenance fees.
If they complain, he just shows them the receipts for all the repairs.

1 Like

Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by uuzba(m): 12:23pm On May 21
mkoabiola:
We are currently facing same issue.

I suggest to my neighbors that The lamdlord should be informed and repair d pumping machine.

But my neighbors disagreed ,they said d landlord won't come to our rescue
.we hoping to repair it today
You are also correct.
You, living there, are the ones desperate for your water and pump.
Pay and repair your pump for your water. Inform the landlord and give him the receipt or bill for the repairs.
He should remove it from next year's rent/maintenance money.
If he doesn't, just pack and go.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Formation10: 12:25pm On May 21
Puss360:

Lol, property of landlord, but is being used by tenants... So if the tenants misuse it , it should still be landlord that will replace it because "It's the property of the landlord"...

We always don't like taking responsibility for our actions
I like Delta state if the landlord didn't repair it and the Tennant did next rent will not not be pay in full it is time we wake up from our sleep, one did you park in for free you pay,this is why i like estate if anything get spoil the landlord will repair it
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Chibyke23(m): 12:25pm On May 21
The pumping machine is the property of the landlord therefore the pumping machine should be repaired or replaced by the house owner unless there's an agreement between the tenant and landlord thereby the tenant can replace or repair it.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:27pm On May 21
If you can't repair it move out when your rent is due
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:27pm On May 21
Puss360:

Lol, property of landlord, but is being used by tenants... So if the tenants misuse it , it should still be landlord that will replace it because "It's the property of the landlord"...

We always don't like taking responsibility for our actions
u de mind them when u Tel tenants to pay maintenance fee they grumble... And tins like this is why maintainance fee is necessary aside rent payable

1 Like

Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by onuman: 12:29pm On May 21
PlasmaTV:
It's the property of the landlord, so the landlord should repair it.

Story. After the landlord repairs the pump, tenants damage the pump again. Landlord comes back to repair the pump? It's not like that. Tenants who use the pump must repair the pump.
If landlord lives in the same house, he will also contribute to the repair.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by bennardshaw90: 12:32pm On May 21
All those things should be mentioned in the tenancy agreement.

SALLYBERRY01:
Between Landlord and Tenant who should repair a faulty Pumping Machine?
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Lomprico2: 12:37pm On May 21
SALLYBERRY01:

All residents using it are eligible to contribute and fix it. If the landlord lives there he will contribute if he does not live in the property, the tenants are to fix it. They are the ones using it.

1 Like

Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Tonytonex(m): 12:41pm On May 21
The owner.

But all the people using it should be able to contribute money for the repairs.

People no just get sense.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Tonytonex(m): 12:42pm On May 21
Lomprico2:

All residents using it are eligible to contribute and fix it. If the landlord lives there he will contribute if he does not live in the property, the tenants are to fix it. They are the ones using it.
exactly what I said above ๐Ÿ‘†
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by ellizy(m): 12:44pm On May 21
Some dudes comment on this will be reasons why they'll never be house owners...
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:44pm On May 21
In abroad.. nah landlord go repair am as far you are paying for water and service charges....
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Nopretence: 12:45pm On May 21
It's the landlord but incase he's not living there or not ready to fix m, I will advice u fixed it cost of the benefit of it
SALLYBERRY01:
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by Sleekfingers: 12:46pm On May 21
SALLYBERRY01:

Depends.....

Ask the question properly.
Re: Between Landlord And Tenant Who Should Repair A Faulty Pumping Machine? by SALLYBERRY01(m): 12:47pm On May 21
Danabu:

Create your own thread. Please

Are you the one that create this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Philanthropist Relocates Abia Woman From A Mud House To A New House (Photos ) / See The Proposed Nigeria Elevation Tower / 21 Things You Experience When You Build Your House In Nigeria - Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.