Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,652 members, 7,847,700 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 02:28 AM

Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down (20186 Views)

How Much Do You Give As Offering In Church? / Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? / Man Caught Stealing Money From Church's Offering In Ghana (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Osanoghodua1: 10:57am On May 18
This is not scriptural, my people are perished for lack of knowledge. You will need to study the Bible for yourself, even the widow in the days of Jesus gave her last Penny. Luke 21:1 And he looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury. 21:2 And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites. 21:3 And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all:

When you're in a hard financial struggle, you need to sow some seeds out of your faith believing a massive harvest. The widow that Elijah encountered gave first the meal for Elijah before herself and her son

I came out of a massive debt by sowing a recharge card to a pastor in RCCG, he was not my pastor. It was impressed in my heart to do so, ever since then, I haven't stop sowing seeds to his life...I am not saying this so you go sow seeds to pastor, it was impressed inu heart, he wasn't my direct pastor.

Don't listen to every preacher doctrine, check their lives and check with the spirit too.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Osanoghodua1: 11:00am On May 18

Did Jesus collect Tithe? You are worshipping your Yahoo Pastors, not Jesus

The settings Jesus meant was a Judaism structure. Jesus collected donations from certain people, the Bible recorded that certain women supported the ministry of Jesus, he had secret disciples too. Study the Bible as a guide.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by onuman: 11:01am On May 18
ebukajay184:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36FRMaTpahM

Things fall apart for Nigerians.
What's happening to Nigerians now could not have been imagined by anyone. The APC has created a type of hunger, disease and cruelty no one could imagine in 2015.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by bobothem(m): 11:08am On May 18
He is busy chasing clout. Where will the money to run the affairs of the church come from. Money to power the generator. Money to buy battery for Microphone.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Tonalphs(f): 11:16am On May 18
Godswillu:
That is not the right way to go
who will pay for the electricity bill and other bill incurred from the day to day running of the church.
God will supply. Abi you dey go church and you nor get faith? Don't people give willingly or being led? Anyway I'm a Buddhist. So nothing concern me.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by femi4: 11:29am On May 18
Praxis758:
This isn’t biblical.

Christian clerics should stop panting to media and societal pressure to twist and pervert the gospel.

However, I’m not a supporter of prosperity or money-money gospel.

Moderation is the key.
It shouldn't be enforced either
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by femi4: 11:30am On May 18
Godswillu:
That is not the right way to go
who will pay for the electricity bill and other bill incurred from the day to day running of the church.
It's the way to go. The church is self sufficient, most of them are involved in other businesses
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Taiwojon(m): 11:54am On May 18
WorldRichest:

Did Jesus collect Tithe? You are worshipping your Yahoo Pastors, not Jesus
Didn't Jesus pay tithe?

Yes Jesus paid tithes
Stop saying what you don't know
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Praxis758: 11:55am On May 18
Pls expose me by pulling out any of my comments where I (ever) defended any wrong doing of a pastor.

This is a public platform and people will be grateful if you can expose me defending any evil pastor.

And please reread and comprehend the later part of my comment to understand my point.

LexngtonSteele:

Lol. The extent to which you guys asslick Pastors always amaze me.

If you catch a Pastor mercilessly banging your wife / daughter on your matrimonial bed, I bet you would help to force her legs 🦵 open wider.

I have seen a lot of your posts defending the Pastors with every fibre of your being... your case is....if I say "hopeless", it will seem I am insulting you so I wouldn't say it.

I will soon become a Pastor. You must pay your tithes to me, I promise not to spare the rod for your wife if she's my specs.

I will part her thighs with my rod like Moses parted the Red Sea. Na your tithes I go use buy condoms and aphrodisiacs. Now shout "Hallelujah"

cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Taiwojon(m): 11:56am On May 18
michlins:
offerings were never part of the Bible. The early apostles collected offerings so as to help the needy and cater for the full time workers in the church.

Right now, it's different. Pastors are now richer than the church and probably don't need the money again. So this is a step in the right direction to take off the burden from the members
Offering are part of the bible

God demand it
Jesus pay tithes in the temple

And everyone is expected to pay tithes and offering
Stop robbing God because of societal norms
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Taiwojon(m): 12:00pm On May 18
LexngtonSteele:

Lol. The extent to which you guys asslick Pastors always amaze me.

If you catch a Pastor mercilessly banging your wife / daughter on your matrimonial bed, I bet you would help to force her legs 🦵 open wider.

I have seen a lot of your posts defending the Pastors with every fibre of your being... your case is....if I say "hopeless", it will seem I am insulting you so I wouldn't say it.

I will soon become a Pastor. You must pay your tithes to me, I promise not to spare the rod for your wife if she's my specs.

I will part her thighs with my rod like Moses parted the Red Sea. Na your tithes I go use buy condoms and aphrodisiacs. Now shout "Hallelujah"

cheesy grin
This mentality will take you to hell

No one called you into the ministry so stop your delusional day dreaming.

Tithes Is biblical
But to commit sins willingly because other are defending their pastor make you a weakling
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by LexngtonSteele: 12:02pm On May 18
Taiwojon:

Tithes Is biblical
But to commit sins willingly because other are defending their pastor make you a weakling

Have you been to Heaven or Hell ?

Show me pictures you took. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Taiwojon(m): 12:04pm On May 18
LexngtonSteele:

Have you been to Heaven or Hell ?

Show me pictures you took. Thanks.
Have you seen Satan or an angel face to face before?

If no
Then by faith I see heaven
By faith I know heaven await the saints of God and hell await sinners

Repent bro
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by LexngtonSteele: 12:05pm On May 18
Taiwojon:

Have you seen Satan or an angel face to face before?

If no
Then by faith I see heaven
By faith I know heaven await the saints of God and hell await sinners

Repent bro

Negro. You didn't answer my question. Answer it first if you're not a charlatan who doesn't even know what he's saying.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Taiwojon(m): 12:09pm On May 18
LexngtonSteele:

Negro. You didn't answer my question. Answer it first if you're not a charlatan who doesn't even know what he's saying.
Answer my own too
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by LexngtonSteele: 12:11pm On May 18
Taiwojon:

Answer my own too

I asked first. Obviously you know you're empty and you can NEVER be able to reply.

Jesus said " give unto Caesar what's Caesar's" implying there's an order to things.

But you dare not answer. Because you already know I am drowning you with logic. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Taiwojon(m): 12:15pm On May 18
LexngtonSteele:

I asked first. Obviously you know you're empty and you can NEVER be able to reply.

Jesus said " give unto Caesar what's Caesar's" implying there's an order to things.

But you dare not answer. Because you already know I am drowning you with logic. cheesy
you didn't complete the verse

Give unto caeser what belong to caeser implying (pay your tax) and unto GOD what Belong to GOD (TITHES AND OFFERING)

Stop posting rubbish just to please societal norm

Pay your tithes is demanded by Gods for every believer
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Omeggie1(f): 12:30pm On May 18
Hello everyone,

Workplace Bullying is a serious concern in the labour sector. A lot of employees in Nigeria do not even know how to identify this phenomenon.

A research is ongoing in this regard, kindly assist to fill this questionnaire so as to identify the ingredients of workplace Bullying and how it affects your mental health.

https://forms.gle/JRnewHtkssHHpJ8S6

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by forexprophet(m): 12:38pm On May 18
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Kobojunkie: 12:49pm On May 18
michlins:
offerings were never part of the Bible. The early apostles collected offerings so as to help the needy and cater for the full time workers in the church.
Right now, it's different. Pastors are now richer than the church and probably don't need the money again. So this is a step in the right direction to take off the burden from the members
Your so-called churches are not biblical either. For instance, Paul's church in 1 Corinthians 14 vs 1 - 40 was a general gathering of all Israelites — both believers in Jesus Christ and none believers — as Paul urged that the beliefs of those who clung to the Old Law of Moses be respected in such gatherings by those who believe in Jesus Christ. The word church was used about a collection of israelites but your religion, of course, chooses to impose a different translation to pretty much everything to forward a particular denominational narrative. undecided
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Honestey: 12:52pm On May 18
Be like say this man don over rich, you will not get offering till Jesus come
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Adufeamos: 1:13pm On May 18
Why does he make it look like he s the
One they ve been giving the offering. Allow those who have to give to God give
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by TurbinePower(f): 1:23pm On May 18
Kiki
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by jetson06: 1:30pm On May 18
Shut Up!!!

Praxis758:
This isn’t biblical.

Christian clerics should stop panting to media and societal pressure to twist and pervert the gospel.

However, I’m not a supporter of prosperity or money-money gospel.

Moderation is the key.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Kingson28: 1:38pm On May 18
michlins:

You are NOT a biblical Christian, probably not a Christian at all.
The poor widow Jesus Christ commented on and commended in the Bible still paid offerings.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by ogascomax: 1:45pm On May 18
Toluwanise247:

Even devil can justify his actions… keep fooling people around, their eyes will fully open one day

Plus Bible references that was shown to you yet you will still be typing rubbish. Most of you talking have never studied the word of God from old testament to new testament to see the mind of God concerning giving. God even comment the poor to give in the old testament and God so delight in offerings but you think that has stopped.
Most of you don't understand anything about scriptures that our Lord Jesus had to offer Himself as a sacrifice for all mankind.
Let me allow your ignorance to be abeg.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by obaidan: 1:50pm On May 18
Meanwhile some people's pastor have used style to tell them if they ask him for accountability on tithe they donated, God will stop blessing them
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by obaidan: 1:58pm On May 18
bobothem:
He is busy chasing clout. Where will the money to run the affairs of the church come from. Money to power the generator. Money to buy battery for Microphone.
Man acted reasonably, una say e dey chase clout again. Nigerians are so so in love with their oppressors in every facet of life. So because he needs money to run the church, he should insulate himself from the hard times his congregants are passing through. Money to run church is now more important than the survival of the people that fonate to him to run the church. A lot of you are even worse than your oppressors.

He will use the ones he collected before, when it's about to run out he will ask from the people again and they will give him because they trust him. As a matter of fact, he is more trustworthy and he will get unsolicited donations.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by obaidan: 2:00pm On May 18
Taiwojon:

Tithes Is biblical

You willing be chilling with him right there in hell. Because judging him will land you in hell too.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by obaidan: 2:05pm On May 18
Wawelexy:
He has no right to stop people from paying offering, he's indirectly blocking people's blessings that way, and that's a sin on him.

There are some good intentions that are actually evil in disguise. Someone should call him to order
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin GOD abeg o
Please o, the people that don't give offering in church and are blessed, where their blessing dey come from.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by damosky12(m): 2:15pm On May 18
johnog4sure:

No mind the thief, I went to one of the best bible schools in this country, so I know all the tricks they teach these charlatans to use in deceiving people, my brother if you go bible school, you will weep for this country, its like a training ground to practice lying and deceiving people, many of these guys are either graduands or are serving one of their slave masters. I ready for them today make them mention me.

You are already calling names. Haba! Bible school graduate!!

I left you a response to your mention since o. Let's chat na. Let's discuss God's word!
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Taiwojon(m): 2:31pm On May 18
obaidan:

You willing be chilling with him right there in hell. Because judging him will land you in hell too.
Every sinners with the mentality of don't judge

Yet they commmit sins worthy of judgment
OK
Thanks for bad prayer, it won't happen to me or him
And I pray you repent
Jesus saves

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Powerful Things Your Tongue Will Do To Your Life / What Is That Song That Lifts Your Spirit? / Baby Girl Leading Her Family In Prayer (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.