Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,640 members, 7,847,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down (20185 Views)

How Much Do You Give As Offering In Church? / Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? / Man Caught Stealing Money From Church's Offering In Ghana (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by LexngtonSteele: 9:33am On May 18
Desusi:

Desusi to his useless father
You talk like one of the most foolish men on earth.Your language is vulgar. You must be truly devil advocate.No matter whom you're, God has no respect of persons.You better repent now so that iniquities will not bevyour ruins.

Touch not my anointed. Pay your tithes regularly and send your wife to me grin
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by imhere: 9:40am On May 18
Praxis758:
This isn’t biblical.

Christian clerics should stop panting to media and societal pressure to twist and pervert the gospel.

However, I’m not a supporter of prosperity or money-money gospel.

Moderation is the key.

You have said it all. I will stand by what the bible says no matter what another says.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by damosky12(m): 9:41am On May 18
Desusi:

I love your contribution my brother. You're a star,God bless you.What further witnesses and references do will need? You have hammer the thread with powerful biblical references. If you do not take pains to dig out these now,everyone would be praising unlearned pastors whose God is their belly. If however the price of fuel would not come down,it means no more offering making Bible a liar?

Absolutely, Sir. Thank you. We stay with truth of the Bible always! Not the Godless comfort zone of the world

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by damosky12(m): 9:47am On May 18
LexngtonSteele:

Lol. The extent to which you guys asslick Pastors always amaze me.

If you catch a Pastor mercilessly banging your wife / daughter on your matrimonial bed, I bet you would help to force her legs 🦵 open wider.

I have seen a lot of your posts defending the Pastors with every fibre of your being... your case is....if I say "hopeless", it will seem I am insulting you so I wouldn't say it.

I will soon become a Pastor. You must pay your tithes to me, I promise not to spare the rod for your wife if she's my specs.

I will part her thighs with my rod like Moses parted the Red Sea. Na your tithes I go use buy condoms and aphrodisiacs. Now shout "Hallelujah"

cheesy grin

Why una wey no get church commitment dey like carry church issue for head sef? grin grin

You no dey follow pastor. Them no dey collect your offering or tithe. Why d matter dey pain you so?? grin grin no be juju be that

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by johnog4sure: 9:49am On May 18
damosky12:

No. The collections of the Bible church was not only for the needy. The assembly of God right from Deuteronomy has always take collections to cater for the general needs of the church and the needs of the ministers.

Jesus took offerings to fund His ministry.

Luke 8:1-3
[1]And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him,
[2]And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils,
[3]And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.

You recall he had a treasurer in Judas who kept the funds?

John 12:4-6
[4]Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him,
[5]Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
[6]This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

John 13:29
[29]For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.

The money was much, and it wasn't collection for the needy!

The Epistles teach giving well to pastors. It was a thing in the early church.

Galatians 6:6
[6]Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

1 Timothy 5:17-18
[17]Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
[18]For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.

The welfare collection for the need of the church in Acts 5 and 6 was just an aspect of the need of the church emphasized there. Apparently, it's not the alpha and omega of Christian giving. The needs of the church could be anything: building needs, equipment, missionary journeys, church venue rent or maintenance, etc. These are the needs churches have today...
You just ended up using those verses to further expose yourself:

1. Your first example Jesus did not ask(collect), they chose to minister(serve) him with their substance, they could have serve in any other way they choose.

2. The purse was originally meant for the poor, Judas was even suspected to have ulterior motive, Jesus knew very well you cannot go about speaking grammar without giving to the poor, so the purse was there for the poor. Please recall they have a financier Luke and not the poor people they are ministering to.

3. here you quoted the bible and maliciously decided to give it your own meaning, the exact things Nigerian pastors do always. that verse clearly said for the feast and needy. You refuse to accept it, you said its for pastors because the money is much, I assume you were with Judas then.

4. Most of you pastors say God called you to work, God should pay you as his labourer or are you saying God is not faithful enough? The labourer the writer is refering to here is not just preachers, they include cleaners, masons, transporters etc. including those outside the church. But in Nigerian churches is only the GOs that swallow the money and still have the audacity to brag for being rich, right in front of those who donated the funds.

Finally you repeated the same thing, read a bible verse then choose to maliciously interpret to suit you. God go punish those who add or remove from his word. Say Amen! if this is scriptural.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by johnog4sure: 9:52am On May 18
Toluwanise247:

Even devil can justify his actions… keep fooling people around, their eyes will fully open one day
No mind the idiot, I don re-educate him, them think say na only dem go bible school. bunch of thieves.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by johnog4sure: 9:52am On May 18
Toluwanise247:

Even devil can justify his actions… keep fooling people around, their eyes will fully open one day
No mind the id""t, I don re-educate him, them think say na only dem go bible school. bunch of thieves.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by LexngtonSteele: 9:52am On May 18
damosky12:

Why una wey no get church commitment dey like carry church issue for head sef? grin grin

You no dey follow pastor. Them no dey collect your offering or tithe. Why d matter dey pain you so?? grin grin no be juju be that

Na you he dey pain.

I said pay your tithe and bring your wife. Stop sweating like a Christmas goat and answer your god.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by damosky12(m): 9:55am On May 18
LexngtonSteele:

Na you he dey pain.

I said pay your tithe and bring your wife. Stop sweating like a Christmas goat and answer your god.

grin be like e pepper you o. No vex my guy.

We go follow our pastor headlessly. We go pay our offerings and tithes.

You noise no go pass nairaland my guy. You no exist. cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Pat081: 9:56am On May 18
I was thinking it will be one of those Daddy G.O
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by penearth(m): 9:56am On May 18
MightySparrow:
He should still collect the offering and use it for those in need in the church.

Rubbing Peter to pay Paul
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by LexngtonSteele: 9:58am On May 18
damosky12:

grin be like e pepper you o. No vex my guy.

We go follow our pastor headlessly. We go pay our offerings and tithes.

You noise no go pass nairaland my guy. You no exist. cheesy cool

Ask your wife if I exist or not. grin pay your tithes sha. tongue
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by johnog4sure: 10:00am On May 18
Psoul:

This a wholesome explanation.
Only a fo0l and haters of God and His servants will argue it.
Only a thief will twist the bible to say what they want it to say, this was why I abandoned preaching after I graduated from bible school, I cannot be lying using God's name(This is the only way to be rich in ministry, lie and deceive the people, if you want to do what is written you will give all your wealth to the poor, if you doubt show me one apostle who is mega reach in the bible solely from preaching). I thank God for my life today, I can criticize all of them because I know the truth.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by tundebasic(m): 10:03am On May 18
johnog4sure:

1. Your first example Jesus did not ask(collect), they chose to minister(serve) him with their substance, they could have serve in any other way they choose.

2. The purse was originally meant for the poor, Judas was even suspected to have ulterior motive, Jesus knew very well you cannot go about speaking grammar without giving to the poor, so the purse was there for the poor. Please recall they have a financier Luke and not the poor people they are ministering to.

3. here you quoted the bible and maliciously decided to give it your own meaning, the exact things Nigerian pastors do always. that verse clearly said for the feast and needy. You refuse to accept it, you said its for pastors because the money is much, I assume you were with Judas then.

4. Most of you pastors say God called you to work, God should pay you as his labourer or are you saying God is not faithful enough? The labourer the writer is refering to here is not just preachers, they include cleaners, masons, transporters etc. including those outside the church. But in Nigerian churches is only the GOs that swallow the money and still have the audacity to brag for being rich, right in front of those who donated the funds.

Finally you repeated the same thing, read a bible verse then choose to maliciously interpret to suit you. God go punish those who add or remove from his word. Say Amen! if this is scriptural.
I wanted to reply him, but this is good enough. That passage showed Jesus ministered to people outside the church (synagogue), and they gave him their substance (willingly and they were not asked, threatened, or coaxed).

But according to him, he meant Jesus took offering basket to people's homes and was collecting offerings from them?

Also, he said the money with Judas was huge. Wait! Was he with Judas at the time?

I'm not against offering giving, but, in the new testament, it not meant only for pastors or ministers. It is meant for the church (the church is not a building or an individual).
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Curious345: 10:05am On May 18
This is lovely .. not like that yahoo pastor in portharcourt called ebinyomeh
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Psoul(m): 10:05am On May 18
johnog4sure:

Only a thief will twist the bible to say what they want it to say, this was why I abandoned preaching after I graduated from bible school, I cannot be lying using God's name(This is the only way to be rich in ministry, lie and deceive the people, if you want to do what is written you will give all your wealth to the poor, if you doubt show me one apostle who is mega reach in the bible solely from preaching). I thank God for my life today, I can criticize all of them because I know the truth.

I believe that now you stopped preaching the gospel, you are also giving all your wealth to the poor as it is written in the Bible or you do not also want to do the will of God?
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Psoul(m): 10:06am On May 18
Sangoamadioha1:

Na you dey deliver messages for Holy Spirit
How you take know say him no hear from Holy Spirit.
I know say pastors go don use your head tire🙄

Yes, Pastors are using my head just the same way devil and his messengers are using your miserable life.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by johnog4sure: 10:09am On May 18
tundebasic:

I wanted to reply him, but this is good enough. That passage showed Jesus ministered to people outside the church (synagogue), and they gave him their substance.

So, he meant Jesus took offering basket to people's homes and was collecting offerings from them?

Also, he said the money with Judas was huge. Wait! Was he with Judas at the time?

I'm not against offering giving, but, in the new testametn, it not meant only for pastors or ministers. It is meant for the church (the church is not a building or an individual).
No mind the thief, I went to one of the best bible schools in this country, so I know all the tricks they teach these charlatans to use in deceiving people, my brother if you go bible school, you will weep for this country, its like a training ground to practice lying and deceiving people, many of these guys are either graduands or are serving one of their slave masters. I ready for them today make them mention me.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by tundebasic(m): 10:09am On May 18
Psoul:

Yes, Pastors are using my head just the same way devil and his messengers are using your miserable life.
So, a pastor cannot be a devil! You are funny.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Enemyofpeace: 10:09am On May 18
Praxis758:
This isn’t biblical.

Christian clerics should stop panting to media and societal pressure to twist and pervert the gospel.

Moderation is the key.
what is not biblical? Where is it in the bible that you should collect offerings?
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Akaujaa(m): 10:10am On May 18
Most Nigerian pastors are just another version of Nigerian politicians. The poor make them rich.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by johnog4sure: 10:13am On May 18
Psoul:

I believe that now you stopped preaching the gospel, you are also giving all your wealth to the poor as it is written in the Bible or you do not also want to do the will of God?

Yes, I am consciously improving in every facet of my life including giving(not just of material substance but of other valuables), God is faithful.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Psoul(m): 10:17am On May 18
damosky12:

Thank you! Some folks (supposed Christians) are hurt when giving is taught. It's almost bewildering.

They are blind spiritually.
Wealth comes from giving(sacrifice).
This is not just a biblical commandment.
This is a natural law.
When you give, be u a Christian, Pegan, Moslem, Traditionalist, or whatever you are, mother nature multiplies and returns your giving in multiple folds.
Why do those we call ritualist seem to progress so much?
They do so much sacrifices. Heavy ones. When you give with ur heart, whatever u believes in will be moved to bless you with more.

Even when you keep giving to someone gifts, you tend to put him in a position that he will find it difficult to help you or do your biding.
so, let them know that giving is not just a Bible thing.

I am aware that some Pastors are using it to enrich themselves. That does not make preaching of giving is a scam.
That a car caused an accident and killed many people a bad thing.

If you think that giving is bad or giving to the church/Pastors is unbiblical or wrong, please stop giving and leave those that believe in it to do what they agreed with their spirits.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Psoul(m): 10:19am On May 18
tundebasic:

So, a pastor cannot be a devil! You are funny.

Can your devil be a child of God or a Christian?
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by tundebasic(m): 10:23am On May 18
Psoul:

Can your devil be a child of God or a Christian?
The devil (I mean Lucifer) is a child of God. Don't let us even go there!
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by MightySparrow: 10:25am On May 18
penearth:

Rubbing Peter to pay Paul

Is giving offering or receiving robbery?
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by damosky12(m): 10:32am On May 18
johnog4sure:

They chose to serve him with their money abi. Who taught them abeg? cheesy Did Jesus teach giving? Did He teach His disciples to give?

Yiu shouldn't confuse yourself, my friend. Shelve your emotions. These folks followed Jesus. They gave to Him. He collected. It takes a collection for giving to happen. Shebi?

You are just using your own sense to rationalize things here. A financier Luke where abeg??

I see you have a grouse with "Nigerian pastors." It makes sense why you're trying to cook out a point to suit you.

You have no scriptural basis. Yet you skip the contexts of the ones I posted here. No Biblical basis for Jesus giving money to the poor. See his theology on that:

John 12:4-8
[4]Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him,
[5]Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
[6]This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
[7]Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.
[8]For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always.

Jesus taught from place to place with twelve grown men. They ate. They bathed. They changed clothes. But they weren't working. They apparently needed money for their ministry.

That was what that giving of those who gave to Him is for. It is a Biblical order right from the old testament. The Priests who served solely in spiritual things lived by the givings of the congregation of Israel. That was the reasoning behind this:

1 Corinthians 9:13
[13]Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?

grin You are trying too hard to rewrite the Bible. And it's funny, but sad. It's funny because, you want your bias to be so true. It's sad because you're blinding your mind to the truth because if your aversion for "Nigerian pastors "

The labourer in 1Tim 5:18 are "elders" (church leaders) that "rule well" (lead church well). See verse 17. He says they deserve "double honour" (which is in reference to their wages). I'm sorry. But your bias or aversion doesn't change what's written.

It's similar to what you find in

Galatians 6:6
[6]Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

You could check other versions for clarity. It teaches giving to your pastor (the one that pastors you or teaches you God's word). Share all good things with them (money and material things inclusive).

That's why Paul asks:

1 Corinthians 9:11
[11]If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

Isn't this so clear, my friend? grin

Giving to your pastor isn't to enrich them or cheat yourself. It's to support the work they do. A church does well and the gospel prospers when we support the men God uses to lead the work. That's our part in the gospel.

Amen.

I don't add to the Bible. Ask questions and I'll show you the context. If you may, read through the contexts of all I have shown you, you'd see that the message in them is clear.

Start by erasing your aversion for "pastors." You can't hate "Nigerian pastors" because you don't agree with some (or all). Start by knowing thats some of those "Nigerian pastors" are God sent.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Franking: 10:41am On May 18
Praxis758:
This isn’t biblical.

Moderation is the key.

Is offering biblical? Why are u crying more than the bereaved?
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Franking: 10:41am On May 18
Did he stop tithes too?
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by Psoul(m): 10:53am On May 18
tundebasic:

The devil (I mean Lucifer) is a child of God. Don't let us even go there!

You can't stand flowing rational argument.
You cannot handle and process it well cos you will keep deviating just to bring in something else to grab when ur factless points start to fail u.

This was ur question, "So, a pastor cannot be a devil! You are funny."

This was my response; "Can your devil be a child of God or a Christian?"

Now you are talking of Lucifer.
What is the correlation between that devil u talked about and the Lucifer as a child of God?
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by LordofNaija: 10:55am On May 18
Praxis758:
This isn’t biblical.

Moderation is the key.
Another business man spotted. He doesn't want the said pastor to do damage to the business
Re: Nigerian Pastor Stops Offering In His Church Until Price Of Petrol Comes Down by tundebasic(m): 10:56am On May 18
Psoul:

You can't stand flowing rational argument.
You cannot handle and process it well cos you will keep deviating just to bring in something else to grab when ur factless points start to fail u.

This was ur question, "So, a pastor cannot be a devil! You are funny."

This was my response; "Can your devil be a child of God or a Christian?"

Now you are talking of Lucifer.
What is the correlation between that devil u talked about and the Lucifer as a child of God?
Oga, swerve one side. If Lucifer himself can be a child of God. Then, which devil are you asking about again? No human can be as devilish as Lucifer. The most devilish of humans took their traits from him.

Also, you win, so stop quoting me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please Help Me Clear My Mind About This Issue / 3 Powerful Things Your Tongue Will Do To Your Life / What Is That Song That Lifts Your Spirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.