Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,358 members, 7,868,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:39 AM

Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! (1481 Views)

God Never Rest, It's Biblical Error / History Of Copernicus: Man Who Asserted Heliocentric Fact Against Biblical Error / Looking For A Very Strong Juju Priest Or Pastor Or Alfa Or Anybody That Can See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by FxMasterz: 11:07am On May 23
Aemmyjah:

You mentioned over 5 meaning of epi

How do you determine that it meant in the days of Abiathar or on the basis or in the time of
Against the same epi which it was translated as in the account of the thornbush

One of the meanings of epi is "in the time of". That's one of its meanings. So 'epi abiathar" means "in the time of abiathar." Which can also be rendered as 'in the days of abiathar."

See screenshot from ChatGPT below. Take note of the area I marked with green.

ChatGPT says it also means 'During' which is the same as 'in the time of'.

I want to know where you inserted the word 'Account' from, which made you translate it as 'on account of'.

1 Share

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 11:10am On May 23
FxMasterz:

One of the meanings of epi is "in the time of". That's one of its meanings. So 'epi abiathar" means "in the time of abiathar." Which can also be rendered as 'in the days of abiathar."

See screenshot from ChatGPT below. Take note of the area I marked with green.

ChatGPT says it also means 'During' which is the same as 'in the time of'.

I want to know where you inserted the word 'Account' from, which made you translate it as 'on account of'.

So my screenshot on the account of the thornbush is also false shey

Check another meaning below

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by FxMasterz: 11:26am On May 23
Aemmyjah:

So my screenshot on the account of the thornbush is also false shey

Check another meaning below

Please be guided. I've not used the word 'false' since we started looking at this verse together.

The word we're looking at is epi, not epic. These are two different words.

We're looking at epi, but your screenshot is for epic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 12:19pm On May 23
Aemmyjah:
He's doing that based on your definition of what is false which you alluded to us

This is the hypocrisy.

Someone said mark made mistake, you pick offense with it but trying to defend your deluded brother who claimed a Prophet also MADE FALSE PROPHECY.

False is false I don't have my own definition.

Watchtower made FALSE PROPHECY and no! It's not EXPECTATIONS.

To make it looks like it's an expectation still shows how dishonest you people are.

We were not correct as to predictions of certain dates in the past. Maybe too hasty then. I call it unrealized expectations.

You're still showing your dishonesty by calling it EXPECTATIONS.

You applied the name OF GOD to it and turn around to call it EXPECTATIONS, is that how it works?

They are expectations that were not just realized at the assumed time but they are still expectations.

Expectation is different from USING THE NAME OF GOD.

HOW LONG WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP THIS NONSENSE?

Some of the first century Christians had unrealized expectations too regarding Jehovah's day but it was later realized

But none of them said GOD REVEALED IT TO THEM

Look at the below statement and show where EXPECTATION appears here.

"In view of this strong Bible evidence concerning the Times of the Gentiles, we consider it an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world, and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God, will be accomplished by the end of A.D. 1914." Studies in the Scriptures - The Time is at Hand (1889) 1911 ed. p.99

Samuel also had it too. He knew that one of Jesse sons would be King but his idea of who it was was hasty and unrealized but through David, it became realized

This is pure lie which is lying against God and His Holy Word.

The scriptures says Samuel "THOUGHT" which is very clear, it was Samuel's opinion and the reason WHY GOD quickly CORRECTED SAMUEL.

Where did God correct Watchtower?

You may call it false

Yes! It's false and there's no amount of sugarcoat you people can do about it that will erase that.

the Great Tribulation is coming very soon.

You're not the only one who is expecting it

The real question is, are you on the Lord's side?

Jesus is coming for His own.

Some of us have prayed that they enter the new world (some even confident) they'll enter paradise but they've gone.

Provide scripture to support it.
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 12:26pm On May 23
Aemmyjah:
Why then did they ask questions and I did not shy away from answering 4 people?

ASK THEM and not me or you want to to read people mind.

You could not address OP

You mentioned me here, don't forget!

Or you think the OP and I are living in the same house.

but you asked him to check 101 contradictions without mentioning anything about it

Yes because that will have saved him the stress and time he is wasting here.

but I dropped content's and added mine and answered questions

And what has your content achieved, does it satisfy the OP?

The content you drop is to make other translation looks fake and elevated your fraud NWT.
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 12:37pm On May 23
80. Was the high priest Abiathar (Mark 2:26), or Ahimelech (1 Samuel 21:1; 22:20) when David went into the house of God and ate the consecrated bread?

(Category: misunderstood the Hebrew usage & misunderstood the historical context)

Jesus states that the event happened ‘in the days of Abiathar the high priest’ and yet we know from 1 Samuel that Abiathar was not actually the high priest at that time; it was his father, Ahimelech.

If we were to introduce an anecdote by saying, ‘When king David was a shepherd-boy…’, it would not be incorrect, even though David was not king at that time. In the same way, Abiathar was soon to be high priest and this is what he is most remembered for, hence he is designated by this title. Moreover, the event certainly did happen ‘in the days of Abiathar’, as he was alive and present during the incident. We know from 1 Samuel 22:20 that he narrowly escaped when his father’s whole family and their town was destroyed by Saul’s men. Therefore, Jesus’ statement is quite acceptable.

(Archer 1994:362)

@Aemmyjah
This is for you.

This is number 80 on the article 101 Contradictions in the Bible explained.

You can see how True Christian addressed this without making it looks like translation issue.
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by AbuTwins: 12:43pm On May 23
FxMasterz:

So, why are you expecting perfection from the Bible writers if you know there's no perfect human anywhere?
Of course we would require perfection from it since you guys erroneously call it the word of God! You guys are fond of using an independent verse elsewhere to corroborate what it's not meant to relate with when they were written.

For example, Mark's mistake is scripture!
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness 2 Timothy 3:16.

You lack understanding of what Jesus was saying, yet you refuse to learn. Instead of learning, you decided to criticize from your ignorant foundation.

Jesus said 'In my name, they'll cast out devils..." Reconcile that we the ignorant words you just typed up there.
What is Jesus's name? Was his name ever Jesus? grin

So, you mean newspapers report the same events within a week, the must have copied from each other? Do you know that Mathew, Luke and Mark were actually recording events that took place?
Abeg! this is clear! It is like newspapers where there can be one source for a new but slightly different things are published. Some publishers may get other sources to corroborate the major source they got earlier! It is similar!

You asked for evidence and i gave you just one! It is common knowledge out there that Mark came first! It was copied and edited by both Luke and Matthew! John came last with the greatest form of modification!

Very simple:
1. Force their ancestors on the pain of death to accept Islam.
Can you give us a sample of this? Show us the ancestors (Plural) you mentioned!

2. Brainwash their kids from a tender age. Make them recite lies until their minds believe it to be the truth.
You do this especially. Most Muslims in Southwest and SE are always persecuted when they attend Christian or mixed schools. They will always force you to pray in Jesus's name and go for fellowship. Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6. Why do you train your child with Mark's lies too?

3. Threaten them to stay and remain in Islam or be killed.
This did happen in the Bible in your Israel from Yahweh! So what was wrong with it when Yahweh did it?

No need. It's common knowledge.
That's falsehood peddling! It's now a Christian thing! Lie about Islam without any iota of evidence! Since some people say it then it must be true!

Yes, for their wickedness. He sent Jonah to warn them. He didn't send him to go there with sword. He didn't send him to force them to serve God but to repent of their wickedness and abominations.
I thought you lied God does not have business to do outside Israel? Why do you keep telling lies? And worse still, you refuse to admit telling lies just like the other time you claimed Allah is Baal and I showed you Allah condemned Baal in the Qur'an! Alhamdulillah for the light of Islam!

No one is talking about laws but the violent actions of Mohammed! Mohammed was a warlord. Not a prophet.
Show us the violent actions you mean? Elisha cursed 42 lads to death! Is that violent enough? Moses killed a whole race sparing only the virgins! Is this violent enough? Saul on God's command killed even animals and infants! Is this violent enough?

Mention the instance with evidence as i am giving you here!

What genocide did they commit? Even the Israelites wars of Canaan were started by the Canaanites. Not the Israelites. The Israelites were not the aggressors.
What did the infants do? Why spare only virgins in Numbers 31?

Israel avoided all the nations God told them He was not judging. He sent them only to the iniquitous nations to possess their lands. And when Israel got to the fringes of the borders of Canaan, they sent message to their king to allow them pass through their land. They even promised to pay for anytime including water if they drank it while passing. The king came out with his army and attacked them. That was the Genesis of the Canaan wars.
Everyone was fight for land and protecting their territories. It was always whoever is faster and better. Wars can be offensive and defensive! The war was simply a revenge mission on the generation that didn't do them any wrong!

Tell me how this applied to none Israelites. And tell me how many none virgins were killed by this law.

Tell me how this applied to none Israelites. And tell me how many people were killed by this law.

Tell me how this applied to foreigners living outside Israel. And tell me how many blasphemers were killed by this law. For the record, only 2 people were ever killed by this law in a whole 4,000+ yrs of Israel's history.

Tell me how this applied to none Israelites. And tell me how many false prophets were killed by this law.
Even if it is for Israelites alone. It is for your God right! So why blame Muslims for having similar laws? You lost all those laws in the rebranded Christianity You got from Paul. The laws are meant to be used and it will be used! It is none of my business how many people have been killed by it.

Slave of mohammed and liar like his Mohammed, how did the above scripture say gays should die?
O! Since it has reached to abuse the Prophet then i can refer to the Biblical Fake Jesus Mark portrayed as an ignoramus! Confusion of Abiathar with Ahimelech! Biblical Jesus must have lied to proof a point or was he just ignorant! Apart from not knowing the hour! There are many other things he doesn't know!

Leviticus 20:13
“If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.

Laws are for deterrent. The laws were effective as there were few to none incidents in the 4,000yr history of Israel that broke the law.
Abeg keep shut! Who documented the list of those that broke the laws? Who was keeping record?

Slave of mohammed, no one is criticizing Islam for its laws. We criticize Mohammed for being a killer all his life. Telling lies and using his sword to force his prophet his upon people.
Slave of Saul of Tarsus! Your Gods were killers all around the Bible! You are a hypocrite for not calling him violent. Samson did killed many times immediately after being empowered by the Holy Spirit. The same spirit you encourage me to get in a spirit filled church!

Everyone knows those verses, and you know them too. Tell the lies you want to tell about those verses , and I'll confirm to everyone that you're a liar as your mohammed. The scripture verses you quoted have exposed you as a serious liar who wanted to prevent laws as actual occurences.
Slave of Saul of Tarsus, can you see what i am saying? You are a hypocrite! A serial and unrepentant liar!
You requested for evidence for my claims in the Bible and i will try and bring them to you! I will request for evidence for your claims and you'll rebuff me with "it is common knowledge"!

I never even call Jesus liar! But the fictitious Mark did portrayed Jesus either as an ignoramus or as a liar!
Anyways! Since you've been dishonest. I will have to call it a day with you on this thread!
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 1:08pm On May 23
Emusan:
80. Was the high priest Abiathar (Mark 2:26), or Ahimelech (1 Samuel 21:1; 22:20) when David went into the house of God and ate the consecrated bread?

(Category: misunderstood the Hebrew usage & misunderstood the historical context)

Jesus states that the event happened ‘in the days of Abiathar the high priest’ and yet we know from 1 Samuel that Abiathar was not actually the high priest at that time; it was his father, Ahimelech.

If we were to introduce an anecdote by saying, ‘When king David was a shepherd-boy…’, it would not be incorrect, even though David was not king at that time. In the same way, Abiathar was soon to be high priest and this is what he is most remembered for, hence he is designated by this title. Moreover, the event certainly did happen ‘in the days of Abiathar’, as he was alive and present during the incident. We know from 1 Samuel 22:20 that he narrowly escaped when his father’s whole family and their town was destroyed by Saul’s men. Therefore, Jesus’ statement is quite acceptable.

(Archer 1994:362)

@Aemmyjah
This is for you.

This is number 80 on the article 101 Contradictions in the Bible explained.

You can see how True Christian addressed this without making it looks like translation issue.

Was Abiathar the chief priest or high priest when David went to the city of the priests? Who did David ask?
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 1:09pm On May 23
Emusan:

This is the hypocrisy.

Someone said mark made mistake, you pick offense with it but trying to defend your deluded brother who claimed a Prophet also MADE FALSE PROPHECY.

False is false I don't have my own definition.

Watchtower made FALSE PROPHECY and no! It's not EXPECTATIONS.

To make it looks like it's an expectation still shows how dishonest you people are.

You're still showing your dishonesty by calling it EXPECTATIONS.

You applied the name OF GOD to it and turn around to call it EXPECTATIONS, is that how it works?

Expectation is different from USING THE NAME OF GOD.

HOW LONG WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP THIS NONSENSE?

But none of them said GOD REVEALED IT TO THEM

Look at the below statement and show where EXPECTATION appears here.

"In view of this strong Bible evidence concerning the Times of the Gentiles, we consider it an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world, and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God, will be accomplished by the end of A.D. 1914." Studies in the Scriptures - The Time is at Hand (1889) 1911 ed. p.99

This is pure lie which is lying against God and His Holy Word.

The scriptures says Samuel "THOUGHT" which is very clear, it was Samuel's opinion and the reason WHY GOD quickly CORRECTED SAMUEL.

Where did God correct Watchtower?

Yes! It's false and there's no amount of sugarcoat you people can do about it that will erase that.

You're not the only one who is expecting it

The real question is, are you on the Lord's side?

Jesus is coming for His own.

Provide scripture to support it.

Samuel and the Apostles were false prophets too shey?
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 1:11pm On May 23
FxMasterz:

Please be guided. I've not used the word 'false' since we started looking at this verse together.

The word were looking at is epi, not epic. These are two different words.

We're looking at epi, but your screenshot is for epic.

Look again at your wordings on Mark 2:26 and locate epi in both that it the thornbush and that if Abiathar
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by FxMasterz: 2:13pm On May 23
Aemmyjah:

Look again at your wordings on Mark 2:26 and locate epi in both that it the thornbush and that if Abiathar

Aemmyjah I don't like dishonest debates please. What wordings are you asking me to check again?

The word in the Mark 2:26 verse is epi. The word in the burning bush is epic. They're not the same word, and you know it? Why do you want to keep dragging this unnecessarily?
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 2:33pm On May 23
Aemmyjah:
Samuel and the Apostles were false prophets too shey?

I never said so but according to your deluded brother which you agree with it means they are false prophets.

because Deu 18:22 says "If the prophet speaks in the Lord’s name but his prediction does not happen or come true, you will know that the Lord did not give that message. That prophet has spoken without my authority and need not be feared."

So show me from the scriptures where Samuel or the Apostle says anything in the name of God and later found out to be FALSE.

This is what you people failed to understand or deliberately ignored.

Watchtower speaks in THE NAME OF GOD not just mere EXPECTATIONS by their own knowledge.

How long it will take you people to admit this?
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 2:35pm On May 23
Aemmyjah:
Was Abiathar the chief priest or high priest when David went to the city of the priests? Who did David ask?

Read what I posted again.

Your questions are in there!
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 2:40pm On May 23
Emusan:

Read what I posted again.

Your questions are in there!

Oga
Even your 101 contradictions begs the question
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 2:41pm On May 23
Emusan:

I never said so but according to your deluded brother which you agree with it means they are false prophets.

because Deu 18:22 says "If the prophet speaks in the Lord’s name but his prediction does not happen or come true, you will know that the Lord did not give that message. That prophet has spoken without my authority and need not be feared."

So show me from the scriptures where Samuel or the Apostle says anything in the name of God and later found out to be FALSE.

This is what you people failed to understand or deliberately ignored.

Watchtower speaks in THE NAME OF GOD not just mere EXPECTATIONS by their own knowledge.

How long it will take you people to admit this?

Well, only Christendom clergy says things in the name of their god... 'Thus says the Lord' 'The holy spirit just ministered to me'
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 3:05pm On May 23
Aemmyjah:

Oga
Even your 101 contradictions begs the question

No! It didn't.
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 3:07pm On May 23
Aemmyjah:
Well, only Christendom clergy says things in the name of their god... 'Thus says the Lord' 'The holy spirit just ministered to me'

Smile.... it's casted cheesy grin cheesy grin

So how does HOLY SPIRIT, Jehovah and Jesus are DIRECTING THE GB today?
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by FxMasterz: 3:39pm On May 23
AbuTwins:
Of course we would require perfection from it since you guys erroneously call it the word of God! You guys are fond of using an independent verse elsewhere to corroborate what it's not meant to relate with when they were written.

For example, Mark's mistake is scripture!
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness 2 Timothy 3:16.
Correct. The Bible is the WORD of God. Not the WORDs of God. Get it?

It has a message. And that message is the WORD of God.

God's message can be conveyed through any vessel.

What is Jesus's name? Was his name ever Jesus? grin
Jesus is English. Hope you know? The Jesus in your quran is a fake Jesus.

Abeg! this is clear! It is like newspapers where there can be one source for a new but slightly different things are published. Some publishers may get other sources to corroborate the major source they got earlier! It is similar!
Abu, also called antichristian, the point is that all three reported an event for which Mathew was actually a witness. They don't necessarily have to copy anyone before writing. Mark had his accounts from eye witnesses, Mathew was an eye witness. Luke had his accounts from eye witnesses too. If the accounts really occured, they'll write the same things with slight human differences in perspective but they'll record the same event. No need to copy. If you're saying that newspapers copy from same source, you're equally saying that newspapers don't ever have eye witnesses for any account. Are you an illiterate? Or you're just being a nuisance?

You asked for evidence and i gave you just one! It is common knowledge out there that Mark came first! It was copied and edited by both Luke and Matthew! John came last with the greatest form of modification!
Common knowledge within Satanism. If they copied each other, why do they still have few disparities in some accounts? Those disparities themselves authenticate the scriptures. 1. They didn't copy themselves 2. The events narrated, really happened.

Give me evidence with references that shows that Mathew and Luke each had at least a copy of Mark's books. What evidence have you brought? Is your word your evidence?

Can you give us a sample of this? Show us the ancestors (Plural) you mentioned!
It's common knowledge now. How did Islam spread? Through the Ottoman empire of course, with sword and blood! The fulanis spread Islam in Nigeria with sword and blood! Mohammed's slave, go and sit down! It's still being done till today!

1. Force the ancestors on the pain of death to accept Islam.

2. Brainwash the kids from a tender age to recite lies until their minds receive lies as truth.

3. Keep them within Islam by threatening death if they leave the fake religion. Today in most Muslim countries, it's suicidal to identify as a Christian.

You do this especially. Most Muslims in Southwest and SE are always persecuted when they attend Christian or mixed schools. They will always force you to pray in Jesus's name and go for fellowship. Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6. Why do you train your child with Mark's lies too?
If you attend a Christian school, do you expect them to have mosques and shrines in there? It's called a Christian school for a reason. Any Christian who attends a Muslim school also faces the same things. So, what are you crying about?

Praying and STUDYING the Bible together in a Christian school is not even brainwashing because you still have your independent mind and are allowed to ask questions. That's not the same as your brainwashing factories where you must recite lies. Ask questions at your own peril. You must accept whatever you're taught as truth or else you face the consequences.

This did happen in the Bible in your Israel from Yahweh! So what was wrong with it when Yahweh did it?
They were never forced to accept Yahweh as God.

That's falsehood peddling! It's now a Christian thing! Lie about Islam without any iota of evidence! Since some people say it then it must be true!
Even you also claimed you know where these things are written in the Quran. So, where's the lie?

I thought you lied God does not have business to do outside Israel? Why do you keep telling lies? And worse still, you refuse to admit telling lies just like the other time you claimed Allah is Baal and I showed you Allah condemned Baal in the Qur'an! Alhamdulillah for the light of Islam!
You're a confirmed liar! Son of Satan the liar. Except you can show me where I said God has no business outside Israel!

I said, and I repeat, God punishes people outside of Israel for their wickedness and abominations. He doesn't punish them for not serving Him. In Jonah's case, He sent Jonah to warn them about the wickedness and abominations in their land. He didn't send Jonah there with his sword to go force them to accept Jonah as prophet or Yahweh as God! This Mohammed did, forcing his prophethood on people through bloodshed. Killing people who had no covenant or business with Allah because they rejected him as prophet. You Muslims still do that today. I was almost lynched in Ilorin by you bloodsucking Islamic demons in 2014. Just because they saw me speaking with a Muslim fulani woman in the Ọja Oba market.

Allah is Baal. We won't fall for the disguise or the alibi in the Quran. Even your mosques in mecca bear moon images on them. I was watching a mecca documentary of recent and saw crescent moon symbols on the mosques in mecca just like in the image below.

Show us the violent actions you mean? Elisha cursed 42 lads to death! Is that violent enough? Moses killed a whole race sparing only the virgins! Is this violent enough? Saul on God's command killed even animals and infants! Is this violent enough?
Is that why Mohammed became a killer and sent you swines out as killing machines?

Which of them were as a result of the laws you were shamelessly using to defend your blood shedding before? Without the context of the statements you made from the Bible, you're just wasting your time. This does not exonerate mohammed from being a murderer. If Mohammed was alive today, he would be in jail for being a murderer and a paedophile who defiled 4 yr olds to satisfy his demonic sexual urges.

Mention the instance with evidence as i am giving you here!
If you think I have your time, you're merely deceiving yourself.[/quote]
How many instances would we mention to you? After exhausting all your strengths with your Antichristian moniker, you created another useless moniker to begin fresh rounds of useless arguments? Go and see all the instances already given you in your Antichristian moniker threads.

What did the infants do? Why spare only virgins in Numbers 31?
That was a national war. This has already been treated and flogged several times in your Antichristian threads which you abandoned and ran away from. Go find the answers there.

Everyone was fight for land and protecting their territories. It was always whoever is faster and better. Wars can be offensive and defensive! The war was simply a revenge mission on the generation that didn't do them any wrong!
We told you in your Antichristian threads how God promised Abraham those lands if those people continue in wickedness and abominations. 500yrs later, God having allowed them to fill their iniquitous cup to overflowing, He sent the Israelites, the child of Abraham against them as punishment for murders, sodomy and infant sacrifices. They're all there in your Antichristian threads. Except you have dementia, you would vividly remember this but being a son of Satan, aka Allah, you must say the children of Israel were fighting for revenge.

Even if it is for Israelites alone. It is for your God right! So why blame Muslims for having similar laws? You lost all those laws in the rebranded Christianity You got from Paul. The laws are meant to be used and it will be used! It is none of my business how many people have been killed by it.
Abu, I said again and again, no one has any issues with the laws you designed for yourselves. Kill yourselves as many as you could. Who cares? Don't use those laws on none Muslims. Don't force none Muslims into your false religion. That's all!

Paul didn't give us any rebranded Christianity. The lies they tell you in those your mosques are just too much. Paul was simply a disciple of Jesus Christ just as I am. Paul never identified as a Christian - he never called himself one. He was simply a servant of Christ like everyone else. Christianity is not a religion. We're only called christians for identification. Christ didn't create any religion. I don't have any religion. I'm simply a disciple of Jesus Christ.

O! Since it has reached to abuse the Prophet then i can refer to the Biblical Fake Jesus Mark portrayed as an ignoramus! Confusion of Abiathar with Ahimelech! Biblical Jesus must have lied to proof a point or was he just ignorant! Apart from not knowing the hour! There are many other things he doesn't know!

I asked you about the scriptures in the book of Romans which you quoted how that scripture says gays should die as you claimed, but all you could do is to type this gibberish. Was Mohammed not a liar and a false prophet? Of course, he was! His aorta was cut as proof!

Leviticus 20:13
“If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.
Now, this is the law for the gay, and not the one you quoted in Romans.

Now, tell me how this law was ever applied to people outside of Israel. Tell me how many people were ever killed in Israel for being gay.

Abeg keep shut! Who documented the list of those that broke the laws? Who was keeping record?
The same people who kept the records of the national wars Israel quoted, and the laws God gave them. We have records of 2 people who died by stoning for your information. 2 people in 4,000 years of history shows low occurences of such crimes because they law deterred them.

Are you angry at the truth? You can't shut up the truth even if you kill the speaker as you bloodsuckers always do!

Slave of Saul of Tarsus! Your Gods were killers all around the Bible! You are a hypocrite for not calling him violent. Samson did killed many times immediately after being empowered by the Holy Spirit. The same spirit you encourage me to get in a spirit filled church!
You can accuse all nations who kill their enemies in wars of the same. Open your ears WIDE. God's dealings with Israel was as a nation. Hear it again. God's dealings with Israel was as a nation. When nations go to war, their gods defend them. When the God of Israel defends the nation of Israel, it's not out of place.

However, God does not send anyone to fight and kill people for RELIGION. Show me any such instance in the Bible. Islam kills people because Israel killed her enemies. How does that relate?

Slave of Saul of Tarsus, can you see what i am saying? You are a hypocrite! A serial and unrepentant liar!
You requested for evidence for my claims in the Bible and i will try and bring them to you! I will request for evidence for your claims and you'll rebuff me with "it is common knowledge"!

I repeat, the verses where Mohammed cried that his aorta was being cut, the hadith where Mohammed killed many people, the verses where Mohammed said he doesn't know what was going to be done to him, are known to everyone, and you know them too. Again, tell the lies you want to tell about those verses , and I'll confirm to everyone that you're a liar as your mohammed.

I never even call Jesus liar! But the fictitious Mark did portrayed Jesus either as an ignoramus or as a liar!
Anyways! Since you've been dishonest. I will have to call it a day with you on this thread!

Your dishonesty reaches to the high heavens.

1. You wanted to equate Israel's national defense and military expeditions with Islamic religious killing sprees. How do they relate?

2. You wanted to use Israel's national administrative laws to equate your Islamic activities where Muslims go out to kill none Muslims as there commanded. I showed you that the laws in Israel were for Israelites. Those were national and administrative laws. NO ONE OUTSIDE OF ISRAEL WAS EVER KILLED FOR NOT SERVING OR BELIEVING IN YAHWEH!A Infact, Naman a worshipper of a god called rimmon, who has leprosy was prayed for by Elisha the prophet and had his leprosy cleansed even though he was not a worshipper of Yahweh!

I pity you. If you cannot see that ISLAM was sent into the world to deny you of eternal life, you'll have yourself to blame in eternity.

Keep calling me a liar for giving you all the above clarifications. It's just a matter of time. Whether here, or there, you'll know the truth.

Before I close, let me clarify also your loud ignorant talks about Jesus denying christians because of the scriptures of "We do miracles in your name."

Take it or leave it. I'll still tell you the truth.

Jesus would not deny christians for casting out demons or working miracles or for being christians. We have cordial ongoing relationship with Jesus till now. He said, "I'll be with you even till the close of the age " And that's it. We have cordial ongoing relationship with Jesus because He Fulfills that promise.

Jesus would deny Christians who perform miracles in His name but still work in iniquity. Yes, sinful christians can perform miracles. But Jesus would deny such christians because they're workers of iniquity. I pray you listen but I know you're far gone. Only Jesus can save you.

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by AbuTwins: 3:42pm On May 23
K.
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 4:45pm On May 23
FxMasterz:

Aemmyjah I don't like dishonest debates please. What wordings are you asking me to check again?

The word in the Mark 2:26 verse is epi. The word in the burning bush is epic. They're not the same word, and you know it? Why do you want to keep dragging this unnecessarily?

You're not serious
You wan debate me?
After you said everything was Mark error?

Look at the screenshot below
The notion of in the days of Abiathar
was only an idea based on epi same as in the account of... The the former was chosen... So stick to the idea of Mark made an error and I stay with mine

https://bible.org/article/mark-226-and-problem-abiathar

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 4:47pm On May 23
Emusan:

Smile.... it's casted cheesy grin cheesy grin

So how does HOLY SPIRIT, Jehovah and Jesus are DIRECTING THE GB today?

The evidence is clear
No other organization can boldly claim so
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 4:54pm On May 23
Aemmyjah:
The evidence is clear
No other organization can boldly claim so

The question is HOW?
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by TenQ: 4:57pm On May 23
AbuTwins:
Jesus quoted David and Abiathar the Priest as regards consecrated bread!

Mark 2:23-27
One Sabbath Jesus was passing through the grainfields, and His disciples began to pick the heads of grain as they walked along. So the Pharisees said to Him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?” Jesus replied, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need?

During the high priesthood of Abiathar, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which was lawful only for the priests. And he gave some to his companions as well.” Then Jesus declared, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. Therefore, the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.

But Jesus made a mistake as he should have mentioned Ahimelek the Priest who is the father of Abiathar! And more so, David didn't just enter the house of God and started eating! He requested for ordinary bread and when that wasn't available he opted for consecrated bread!

1 Samuel 21:1-6
David went to Nob, to Ahimelek the priest. Ahimelek trembled when he met him, and asked, “Why are you alone? Why is no one with you?”
David answered Ahimelek the priest, “The king sent me on a mission and said to me, ‘No one is to know anything about the mission I am sending you on.’ As for my men, I have told them to meet me at a certain place. Now then, what do you have on hand? Give me five loaves of bread, or whatever you can find.”

But the priest answered David, “I don’t have any ordinary bread on hand; however, there is some consecrated bread here—provided the men have kept themselves from women.”

David replied, “Indeed women have been kept from us, as usual whenever I set out. The men’s bodies are holy even on missions that are not holy. How much more so today!” So the priest gave him the consecrated bread, since there was no bread there except the bread of the Presence that had been removed from before the Lord and replaced by hot bread on the day it was taken away.

Jesus was portrayed to have made a mistake mentioning Abiathar the Priest instead of Ahimelek the Priest who happens to be the father of the former!

1. Was there only ONE priest in Israel at the time of David?
1 Sam 22:11
11 So the king sent to call Ahimelech the priest, the son of Ahitub, and all his father’s house, the priests who were in Nob. And they all came to the king.

Abiathar was a Priest as well as his Father Ahimelech!
2. Is it untrue that Both Ahimelech (Father) and Abiathar (the Son) were alive at the time David eat from the Holy Bread?
1 Sam 22:18-20
18 And the king said to Doeg, “You turn and kill the priests!” So Doeg the Edomite turned and struck the priests, and killed on that day eighty-five men who wore a linen ephod. 19 Also Nob, the city of the priests, he struck with the edge of the sword, both men and women, children and nursing infants, oxen and donkeys and sheep—with the edge of the sword.
20 Now one of the sons of Ahimelech the son of Ahitub, named Abiathar, escaped and fled after David. 21 And Abiathar told David that Saul had killed the Lord’s priests. 22 So David said to Abiathar, “I knew that day, when Doeg the Edomite was there, that he would surely tell Saul. I have caused the death of all the persons of your father’s house.
23 Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”

85 Priests were killed by King Saul that day alone sir.

Abiathar escaped the massacre of the Priests and ran to David for protection.
3. Since both Ahimelech and Abiathar were alive at the time of David, Jesus was correct in saying

Mark 2:26
26 how he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the showbread, which is not lawful to eat except for the priests, and also gave some to those who were with him?”
It was in the days of Abiathar the Priest.

As Abiathar was the more popular Priest who was at the time of King David!

Was the event not in the Days of Abiathar the Priest?
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 5:03pm On May 23
AbuTwins:

You are funny!
If you hang yourself and fall will you land on your stomach, head or leg logically?

Any physics student will answer that you'll fall on your legs! Na legs suppose break not intestine bursting!

It doesn't make sense!

If you were a good physics student, you'd factor in height and wind factor. You can actually fall on your head with the right height and wind factor cheesy
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by FxMasterz: 5:10pm On May 23
Aemmyjah:

You're not serious
You wan debate me?
Who are you that I cannot debate you? What do you make of yourself? You must be very arrogant!

After you said everything was Mark error?
Because that's exactly what Mark said. If Mark has said the right thing, there'll be no need for the use of the word 'Hermeneutical SOLUTION'

Look at the screenshot below
The notion of in the days of Abiathar
was only an idea based on epi same as in the account of... The the former was chosen... So stick to the idea of Mark made an error and I stay with mine
'In the time of' is not a notion but another MEANING of epi. epi also means 'in the time of', it also means 'during'. While 'on account of' is a notion and not another meaning for epi.

I have shown you AI screenshots that tells you that epi means 'During' and 'in the time of'. epi does not mean 'on account of' - that's just an 'Hermeneutical SOLUTION'. An idea I wouldn't buy.

1 Share

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by AbuTwins: 5:21pm On May 23
FatherCHRISTMAS:

If you were a good physics student, you'd factor in height and wind factor. You can actually fall on your head with the right height and wind factor cheesy

Yes, i actually said head or leg before. But when the height is not much it is most likely leg!

He is arguing that the landing will be on the stomach!
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by AbuTwins: 5:24pm On May 23
TenQ:

1. Was there only ONE priest in Israel at the time of David?
1 Sam 22:11
11 So the king sent to call Ahimelech the priest, the son of Ahitub, and all his father’s house, the priests who were in Nob. And they all came to the king.

Abiathar was a Priest as well as his Father Ahimelech!
2. Is it untrue that Both Ahimelech (Father) and Abiathar (the Son) were alive at the time David eat from the Holy Bread?
1 Sam 22:18-20
18 And the king said to Doeg, “You turn and kill the priests!” So Doeg the Edomite turned and struck the priests, and killed on that day eighty-five men who wore a linen ephod. 19 Also Nob, the city of the priests, he struck with the edge of the sword, both men and women, children and nursing infants, oxen and donkeys and sheep—with the edge of the sword.
20 Now one of the sons of Ahimelech the son of Ahitub, named Abiathar, escaped and fled after David. 21 And Abiathar told David that Saul had killed the Lord’s priests. 22 So David said to Abiathar, “I knew that day, when Doeg the Edomite was there, that he would surely tell Saul. I have caused the death of all the persons of your father’s house.
23 Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”

85 Priests were killed by King Saul that day alone sir.

Abiathar escaped the massacre of the Priests and ran to David for protection.
3. Since both Ahimelech and Abiathar were alive at the time of David, Jesus was correct in saying

Mark 2:26
26 how he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the showbread, which is not lawful to eat except for the priests, and also gave some to those who were with him?”
It was in the days of Abiathar the Priest.

As Abiathar was the more popular Priest who was at the time of King David!

Was the event not in the Days of Abiathar the Priest?

You are late and can't turn this mistake over!
Was Abiathar ever mentioned as a Priest with David and Consecrated bread?
No! Ahimelech was the Priest with bread dealings with David not Abiathar!
Jesus was portrayed to have quoted wrongly!

And even David did not just enter the house of God to take bread like the disciples did. He requested for loaves of bread!
The citation error is much!
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by advocatejare(m): 5:46pm On May 23
FxMasterz:

Let me open your understanding. If the rays of the Sun passes through coloured glass, the light you'll see would be in the colour of the glass isn't it? For example, to fill your room with blue light, you only need to cover the white light with blue glass. Agreed?

Now, does the colour of the glass in any way change the colour of the light? No? The light is still white but your eyes see blue by your human perception.

That's how the Word of God is. Humans are coloured glasses through whom the light passes. But while those with physical eyes see mistakes, those with spiritual eyes can see the white light still. The Bible was not written for Carnal men but for men of the spirit. It's the children's food. That's why you need first to be born of the spirit before you can partake of its riches.

Yes you said it. If they copied from Mark, give me evidence that they both had at least a copy each of Mark's book.

Not necessary. TenQ and Advocatejare have created threads about it already. I only need to go push them up.

Keep deceiving yourself, you liar! You're the same as Antichristian.

The letters are not the source of the Spirit. They're just vehicles for the message. The message, when mixed with faith produces revelation. Then, revelation releases the Spirit.
AbuTwins is as confused and Demon-possessed like Muhammad who confessed that demons live inside of him

1 Like

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by AbuTwins: 5:47pm On May 23
I dey report nonsense abusive mentions as i no get time for shit!
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by TenQ: 6:45pm On May 23
AbuTwins:

You are late and can't turn this mistake over!
Was Abiathar ever mentioned as a Priest with David and Consecrated bread?
No! Ahimelech was the Priest with bread dealings with David not Abiathar!
Jesus was portrayed to have quoted wrongly!

And even David did not just enter the house of God to take bread like the disciples did. He requested for loaves of bread!
The citation error is much!
Did Jesus say it was Abiathar that gave David the Holy Bread?

Read again!
Just as Allah deceived Iblis, he has successfully deceived you too.

Quran 19:71-72 says your destination backed up by the decree of Allah: wake up before it is too late!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Did Jesus Advertised Miracles? / The Meeting Point Of Warm Nd Cold Water Is A Testimony Of God's Existence / Is Bible True Word Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.