Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,255 members, 7,860,586 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:03 PM

Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row (22880 Views)

Jose Mourinho Is The First Manager To Win UCL, Europa & Conference League / Pep Guardiola Becomes First Manager To Receive Yellow Card (Photos) / TECNO Celebrates Her Partner, Mancity For Winning The EPL In Grand Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by Padipadi: 1:26pm On May 20
anonymous1759:

cheesy grin grin grin How many players did pep buy at Barcelona to win sextuplet ?
Your Pep Guardiola wasted over €340m euros on players. See here. And make we nor talk about notable flops. In fact, Almiron or Almoron that's ya name, you ll never expect what's coming for you and ya Pessi/Uefalona/Gadiyola clan. You guys don't buy market.
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by Padipadi: 1:27pm On May 20
Kukutente23:

That post is a lie. Wenger couldn't have said such. Apart from the English grammar, De Bruyne was already a star before Guardiola came to Man city. Ake is a Chelsea academy player who played in the ucl many times. Same with Akanji. He was not unknown before he came to City. Rodri played for Atletico before joining City. Is Atletico a small club in Europe? Bernado Silva won the French Ligue with Monaco before joining City and they got to semis of UCL that season. So which kind lie be that one say they are unknown players or "nothing"?
Thanks sir. I knew too that he's a childish lier. Almoron or Almiron, you go see pepper!
Something big is coming outta sports section today. Watch out.
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by samwheel(m): 1:29pm On May 20
theredaddy:

Lazy coconut head why not make your point with stats, FIY man city team squad is the most expensive in England followed by chelsea
Man city is far better than chelsea cos they have a good sense of buying correct players while chelsea is filled with overhyped

Guardiola can not shine in a team like Arsenal chances "transfer budget " will fail him is high

But hope you're aware 80% of the players he bought were unknown.

He made them stars.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by theredaddy: 1:54pm On May 20
samwheel:

But hope you're aware 80% of the players he bought were unknown.

He made them stars.

Maybe not popular, they were spectacular in there respective clubs, so if they were spectacular then they are known to football enthusiast, i knew Haaland before he joined city

With or without Guardiola anyone that plays in a team like man city is a "STAR", if you play in chelsea, arsenal, liverpool, man-U you are a star
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by PapaBornboy: 2:12pm On May 20
Padipadi:

Your Pep Guardiola wasted over €340m euros on players. See here. And make we nor talk about notable flops. In fact, Almiron or Almoron that's ya name, you ll never expect what's coming for you and ya Pessi/Uefalona/Gadiyola clan. You guys don't buy market.
Please mention the players guardiola bought with €340m euros at Barcelona.
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by Jokerman(m): 2:12pm On May 20
success1smyn:

If not for Klopp's Liverpool, Pep would have won 7 in a row, get that?

Lol... That's true o... Pep wan kill us... cheesy
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by Jokerman(m): 2:15pm On May 20
Padipadi:

Mourinho is now an average coach crying around after sack upon sack. Even Roma dumped his ass Cos he not too sabi and he too get bad mouth!
Hope you now feel sad? Sorry!

You failure of a coach Arsene Wenger cannot even chat up to Mou... So you no get talk.

3 Portugal league (on a row)
3 Italian league on a row
3 Premiership
1 Laliga

2 UCL better than any Pep UCL... grin
2 Europa
1 Conference league

2 trebles with Porto and Inter Milan.

1st Coach to achieve 100 points in a season wey e take pursue Pep from Laliga 😂

How many coaches can boast of this record if not Fergie (GOAT), Pep and Ancelloti?
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by anonymous1759(m): 2:16pm On May 20
Padipadi:

Chelsea, manU, Newcastle and Arsenal have spent more than pep for the last 4 years . Where are they ? Messi is a World Cup winner please add respect to his name grin grin grin Pep has officially turned EPL to a farmers league i can tell you to bookmark this quote next season that pep will win the 5th EPL nobody can stop him until he leaves ManU

4 Likes

Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by PapaBornboy: 2:18pm On May 20
Padipadi:

You v no joy!
Someone still has a better history than ya Pep and he's well travelled. He's Don Carlo Ancelotti. He has trashed ya Pep severally with less expensive teams.
Meanwhile, had it been that Pep was so good at grooming players, he would v been more respected. All Pep now do is to splash the cash on established players. He's killing Manchester City academy. Them go sack coaches tire when he leaves. Look at Cole Palmer, isn't he better than Jeremy Doku? He sold Palmer to Chelsea as if he's not a good judge of talent.
Less expensive teams like real madrid? Real madrid doesn't spend big money too right? Ancelotti has won only six league titles in his career, guardiola that left Spain in 2012 still has won more Spain leagues than him. Guardiola won a treble both at Barcelona and Manchester city. He has done 100 points in England that is the best league in the world. He has never finished under 3rd in any league in his career unlike ancelotti. He has won a sextuple only bayern is the other club that has done it. When he reaches ancelotti's age he would have won more ucls than him.
Going to academy is foden not from their academy, is palmer who even scored in two finals before he left to Chelsea not from their academy, is Rico lewis not from their academy, is Oscar Bobb that scored against Newcastle and in champions league not from their academy so what are you even saying. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by Faposky95: 2:19pm On May 20
Namaster:
Guardiola is an INCREDIBLE manager!

How he manages to MOTIVATE his players year after year of winning should be studied in business schools. Most managers would have lost their players to the complacency of constant success. Especially last year when they won 3 titles.

But not Pep. He keeps them HUNGRY. It's remarkable.

Another great thing about Guardiola is how he kept his team of star players COHESIVE. Under a lesser manager, the team would have FRACTURED with each star player doing their own thing. Case in point is PSG.

But not Guardiola. He made them a TEAM.

In fact, the man deserves a Knighthood for his contributions to English Football.

Sir Pep Guardiola. grin

Your typical case of success management.....
APC...go learn
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by CheapHomes1: 2:31pm On May 20
theredaddy:

Despite Chelsea’s vast spending, City still have the most valuable squad in the Premier League, man city squad £933.5m while your chelsea is team worth is £925.1m

At the time chelsea had the most expensive squad they won trophies back2back, what happened is bundes liga is one time off is just like when leicester won the premiership

count how many times Bayern munich have won the league back to back, is it not over an do.

My point is MONEY facilitate trophies "Most times" not always, once in a yle an offset like leicester will happen

I don't know what you mean by "save" .. chelsea finished 6th and bayern munich has a champion league final to play .. naa beans ??

who is my Chelsea? when did me and you discuss that I have a chelsea? if money "facilitates" trophies, why then did chelsea and bayern not win any trophy? is finishing 6th and finishing 3rd the same thing as winning trophy?

where did you get your figures that chelsea team squad is worth less than manchester city?

lets even assume your figures are true. 933 minus 925 is 8. is it because of 8m pounds difference that guardiola used to dominate english league compared to chelsea?

for how long did chelsea have the most expensive squad and under which coach?

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by CheapHomes1: 2:35pm On May 20
Padipadi:

how did he waste €340m euros on players? who are the "notable flops"? why did these "notable flops" not impact the results guardiola has produced for 7years? when Guardiola was "wasting" €340m euros on players, what were other clubs doing? were they saving money?
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by CheapHomes1: 2:38pm On May 20
Padipadi:

You v no joy!
Someone still has a better history than ya Pep and he's well travelled. He's Don Carlo Ancelotti. He has trashed ya Pep severally with less expensive teams.
Meanwhile, had it been that Pep was so good at grooming players, he would v been more respected. All Pep now do is to splash the cash on established players. He's killing Manchester City academy. Them go sack coaches tire when he leaves. Look at Cole Palmer, isn't he better than Jeremy Doku? He sold Palmer to Chelsea as if he's not a good judge of talent.

who are the "established"players Guardiola buys and what makes them "established"?

what do you mean by "he would v been more respected"? "he would v been more respected" by who?

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by AImiron: 2:39pm On May 20
EggSoup:
your head is very empty. Dumbass
Ogun kee your papa

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by Kukutente23: 2:40pm On May 20
PapaBornboy:

Less expensive teams like real madrid? Real madrid doesn't spend big money too right? Ancelotti has won only six league titles in his career, guardiola that left Spain in 2012 still has won more Spain leagues than him. Guardiola won a treble both at Barcelona and Manchester city. He has done 100 points in England that is the best league in the world. He has never finished under 3rd in any league in his career unlike ancelotti. He has won a sextuple only bayern is the other club that has done it. When he reaches ancelotti's age he would have won more ucls than him.
Going to academy is foden not from their academy, is palmer who even scored in two finals before he left to Chelsea not from their academy, is Rico lewis not from their academy, is Oscar Bobb that scored against Newcastle and in champions league not from their academy so what are you even saying. undecided
Oshey prophet of life
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by AImiron: 2:41pm On May 20
Kukutente23:

That post is a lie. Wenger couldn't have said such. Apart from the English grammar, De Bruyne was already a star before Guardiola came to Man city. Ake is a Chelsea academy player who played in the ucl many times. Same with Akanji. He was not unknown before he came to City. Rodri played for Atletico before joining City. Is Atletico a small club in Europe? Bernado Silva won the French Ligue with Monaco before joining City and they got to semis of UCL that season and even eliminated same Guardiola in the process. So which kind lie be that one say they are unknown players or "nothing"?
he was already a start playing for Bayern Munich abi.. you should have stfu instead sounding so dvmb, and making it so obvious 🤣🤣

You'll cry till death

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by AImiron: 2:44pm On May 20
theredaddy:

Maybe not popular, they were spectacular in there respective clubs, so if they were spectacular then they are known to football enthusiast, i knew Haaland before he joined city

With or without Guardiola anyone that plays in a team like man city is a "STAR", if you play in chelsea, arsenal, liverpool, man-U you are a star
Can you define "Spectacular"? Few years from now una go dey yarn say Doku was a star where he was came from, shey you don ever hear that name before he join City. Messi made Gvardiol popular more when he use am shine in the world cup, I bet he was already a star too.

Y'all just getting dvmber, it's ok to lose and cry, just cry in peace

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by Kukutente23: 2:45pm On May 20
AImiron:
he was already a start playing for Bayern Munich abi.. you should have stfu instead sounding so dvmb, and making it so obvious 🤣🤣

You'll cry till death
You sound dumb. De Bruyne was already in man City and an established starter before Pep arrived
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by yomi531(m): 2:46pm On May 20
AImiron:
I remember before Pep come to EPL dem say he go struggle say EPL no be farmers league, fast forward to today, he turned the league in to farmers league, a shitty and lousy league, mediocrity nothing but PR

In another twist Pep got so bored of winning, he gave arsenal his assistant and sold em few players to create some form of competition, yet he win again.

I have no interest in 5peat but if una lose guard again he go win am..

Pep is the 🐐 of all coaches. I'm glad SAf is alive to witness the greatness of his noisy neighbors

As for una assnal fans una be learners, in burnaboy's voice. I told em. Y'all gonna cry all summer and try and lose again next season. Una be title pretenders...

PS: Assnal fans una know what to do with em bucket 🤣🤣🤣

15 years in management and he has spent over 1.5 billion on transfers. Will I be wrong to say he buys his success? Would he have achieved all these with Athletico in Spain, Dortmund in Germany or Spurs in england A certain Sir Alex did his with a small Aberdeen. The Greatest still remains Ferguson. Yeah yeah.....
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by AbuTwins: 2:51pm On May 20
dotedote:
1st tell us how much Chelsea spend

Over a Billion!
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by AbuTwins: 2:52pm On May 20
Chidolalar:

Why rubbish financial constraints are u talking about when Chelsea can't win any tangible trophy or league or make top 4 after spending 1b pounds plus under two season.
Why can't man UTD win likle man city too after spending more than city during guardiola tenure?
U pple will just be talking out of pain and jealousy rather than facts and logic.

No Pain and Jealousy here!
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by AbuTwins: 2:55pm On May 20
komzy589:

There was a time Arsenal have thrashed Chelsea more times.
For previous meetings, Arsenal is better.
For most recent meeting, Arsenal is better.
Your mumu na still first class.

Your are right!

Arsenal is better than Chelsea in the last 10 years! undecided Zulu!
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by Padipadi: 3:07pm On May 20
Jokerman:

You failure of a coach Arsene Wenger cannot even chat up to Mou... So you no get talk.

3 Premiership
1 Laliga

2 Europa
1 Conference league

How many coaches can boast of this record if not Fergie (GOAT), Pep and Ancelloti?
Meat wey get horn dey talk your edu be sbail dey show face. Look, don't let me useless Mourinho for you o.
If you know what's good for you, I m about to release Abido-Shaker on Almoron aka Almiron and his gangs. I v been busy with work but they ll soon feel my missile. So carry ya mouth to support me or else you share from their pains. I m not s nice person. You hear!
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by AImiron: 3:20pm On May 20
Kukutente23:

You sound dumb. De Bruyne was already in man City and an established starter before Pep arrived
delu delu I don't have time for pointless conversation, would have pull up his stats before and during pep era for you lil dvmb fvck

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by AImiron: 3:23pm On May 20
yomi531:
15 years in management and he has spent over 1.5 billion on transfers. Will I be wrong to say he buys his success? Would he have achieved all these with Athletico in Spain, Dortmund in Germany or Spurs in england A certain Sir Alex did his with a small Aberdeen. The Greatest still remains Ferguson. Yeah yeah.....
another headless m0ron... Chelsea spent over $1B in less than 2 seasons, yet they managed 6 position. PSG couldn't win the UCL on top all the money wey dem spend. How much did Leverkusen spent to win the bundesliga, how much did Xavi spent last season to win the laliga. Y'all just getting dvmber every day.... Now stay the fck off my mention

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by AImiron: 3:26pm On May 20
Jokerman:

3 Premiership
1 Laliga

2 Europa
1 Conference league

your football knowledge don dey shrink o, abi you no think before you type ni... Pep is the only coach in history of football to win 2 trebles, that's said I can understand 2 UCL better than Pep cos na Manure united we use carry two useless club and fan base, even Chelsea finished ahead of una, una don finish. You go suffer in the FA Cup finals as usual.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by yomi531(m): 3:28pm On May 20
AImiron:
another headless m0ron... Chelsea spent over $1B in less than 2 seasons, yet they managed 6 position. PSG couldn't win the UCL on top all the money wey dem spend. How much did Leverkusen spent to win the bundesliga, how much did Xavi spent last season to win the laliga. Y'all just getting dvmber every day.... Now stay the fck off my mention
U made no sense in what u just said. I been dey find u since. I think na u dem dey call Almiron. Come let me lecture u on football 101. U will never regret listening to muah.... U know next to nothing about football. All ur analysis na Pep and barca u dey always hail.
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by AImiron: 3:29pm On May 20
yomi531:
U made no sense in what u just said. I been dey find u since. I think na u dem dey call Almiron. Come let me lecture u on football 101. U will never regret listening to muah.... U know next to nothing about football. All ur analysis na Pep and barca u dey always hail.
goan lecture your father at home. na last response or read be this
Ogun kee your papa
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by Jafar1: 3:34pm On May 20
yomi531:

The way some of you comment here makes me wonder if you guys actually passed through school..

1. Ya'll said pep buy success, but in actual sense, Man utd and Chelsea have more net spending than Man city since the arrival of Guardiola, and even with those spending, they couldn't even challenge for the title talk more of emerging champion.

2. Ya'll said he only sign established players... LOL! most of the players Pep signed were not even known when they were playing for their previous club (Exception of De bruyne and Halaand, and grealish too) But hope you know three players don't make a team. At a time in the past, PSG had 3 out of the top 4 best players in the world, it resulted to nothing. Most of them are considered world class players now only because they play under Pep. Arsenal fans are insulting Gabriel and Zinchenko now because they are not in form, but they were playing very well under Guardiola and Arsenal rushed to pay for them not knowing that Pep is a great contributor to their success..
When we talk of signing already made names, real madrid and Psg are even guilty of that, with the likes of Bellingham and the arriving Mbappe, Psg Signed Messi, Neymar, Mbappe and others, yet nothing to show for it..I wonder why you don't label them as success buyers.

3. Y'all asking him to go prove himself in a lower team.. This is even the funniest.
This is like asking a Microsoft software engineer to go and work in computer village or Banex plaza just to prove he is a great engineer.. You use this as a criteria to qualify a great coach, yet you refer to Fergie as the GOAT? Common man?
The fact that he is always wanted by big teams shows that he is the greatest. I'm even sure you'll give thanks to your God the day he is announced as yr team's new coach.
Mind you, Guardiola has never, I repeat never ever receive a sack threat by any team he has coached in the past, talk more of getting sacked, he always leave on his own..

4. You all said he doesn't groom players, hope you know the cole palmer that chelsea is regarding as it's current best player was groomed by pep?
Was Phil Foden groomed by pep or not?
What about Lewis?
The thing is, he has eyes to see the potentials in players and also know how to bring the best in them..
That's the reason why almost all the players he sign always turn out good and you all say he signed an established player? That established player has been playing for years, why didn't your team signed him?

Like it or not, Pep is a great coach, you don't need a prophet, fortuneteller or a soothsayer to tell you that. And before he retire, he will achieve atleast 3X more than what any other coach has achieved before.

Y'all just pained he doesn't coach your team.

From a neutral football fan..

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by yomi531(m): 3:34pm On May 20
AImiron:
goan lecture your father at home. na last response or read be this
Ogun kee your papa
E pain am. See Gen Z dey follow me argue football. Make trailer fail brake kill ur P*pa der. W*rey . Very lousy nigga. E go just dey disturb senior men here with mumu analysis Upandan. Bomb kee u der
Re: Guardiola Is The First Ever Manager To Win Four EPL In A Row by Kukutente23: 3:35pm On May 20
AImiron:
delu delu I don't have time for pointless conversation, would have pull up his stats before and during pep era for you lil dvmb fvck
Stat ko. Analysis ni

He was already established. That's the fact not any dumb stat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Stoke City To Sign John Mikel Obi On A 1 Year Deal / See Moment Chelsea Were Crowned Europa League Champions / Messi Asked Me If He'll Score Goals Like Ronaldo In Italy - Boateng (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.