Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,325 members, 7,860,781 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:16 PM

UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules (22520 Views)

Ebonyi Government Begins Upgrade Of Airport Runway / Airport Safety: FG Happy With Measures Taken By Enugu Govt / Enugu Airport Safety: State Government Orders Relocation Of TV Mast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by t2luv1: 4:03pm On May 20
Omoawoke:
When I say the British has never been our friends, are not our friends and will never ever be our friends.
These guys only want pain and suffering for the west Africans. They don’t even care which country not to talk of your tribe or ethnicity.
Black Africans wisen up and know your enemies

Partner I 100% agree with you. When it comes to the British, they are a class-inclined society. In America, it is more into income and zip code-inclined society. This explains why the vote on Brexit passed. The UK people because of their racism against outsiders voted against their self-interest economically speaking. Mind you these are other white people, migrants from other European countries they were against. It is a lousy society. I once did an ERP assignment there for six months for Wipro, Lawdy I hated that country.

2 Likes

Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by MatrixCircle: 4:20pm On May 20
International politics.
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by Padipadi: 4:26pm On May 20
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

Please no tribal sentiment allowed.

Safety of the aircrafts is a priority.

I also don’t understand why our Igbo brothers always think Yorubas are beefing them.

This is like saying Messi is beefing Ronaldo, both are great in their own way.

Please read the whole article to understand.

We won’t want to Airpeace planes to crash now, would we ?

I m a detribalized Nigerian. I m looking for what airpeace really did wrong.
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by ElevationD: 4:27pm On May 20
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

I also don’t understand why our Igbo brothers always think Yorubas are beefing them.

Stop this arrogant display of ignorance. First you must know what EFBs are. You must know their use and ask if other airlines worldwide use them.

EFBs are popular with commercial, private and military aircrafts and do not in anyway affect the safety of aircrafts. You think that Pilots would just fly without proper reading of plans and arrangements with their aircrafts? If they choose not to use stacks of paper, then all the British need to do is to discuss their own rules.

What’s with you people and tribalism by the way? You all agree on poverty, hardship, misery and sorrow. Rather than face the politicians who are your common poverty inducing enemies, you turn against others with tribalistic chants.

Airpeace for now stands are the nation’s carrier. They have saved Nigerians billions since plying that route and we all know that the British must do all they can to stop them and make life harder for all Nigerians. Or do you assume that Airpeace is flown by only the Igbos?

1 Like

Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by teebaxy(m): 4:29pm On May 20
fullclub:
They are not happy that he entered their airspace. The big airlines will look for ways to keep hitting him hard while the half baked brain filled with hate for their fellow Africans join them

What do u even understand in the write up... Nothing

Electronic Flight Bag is a device that is used to manage and display a variety of aviation data, it's like a computerise gadget replacing traditional paper-based materials.
This new system is widely used in USA as its better than paper chart. The goal is to facilitate a paperless flight.

This show airpeace is ahead and using latest technology.

Why the British chose to stick to the old way remains a thing I don't know

Do you have any sense like this, even the owner of airpeace will be shocked at your level of stupidity… Airpeace is ahead of UK ?
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by fullclub: 4:30pm On May 20
Barzinime:
Go and tell them how to govern their country na.

Typical black man.. I hope I have schooled u today
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by fullclub: 4:32pm On May 20
teebaxy:
Do you have any sense like this, even the owner of airpeace will be shocked at your level of stupidity… Airpeace is ahead of UK ?

I just interpreted the report to u.

Airpeace was using an advanced appliance that most airlines do use but they just needed it done on paper map.
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by ElevationD: 4:32pm On May 20
teebaxy:

Sensible man, please tell us what EFBs are. Also please tell us what you understood from the letter to NCAA by the UK authorities.
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by jamjo: 4:33pm On May 20
mofedamijo:

Arik Air was going to the U.K at least twice a week in the past. Arik was always filled up, and they never complained. Mismanagement was their problem. Airpeace is not the first indigenous Airline to go to the U.K. Belview, Arik, and Medview Airlines were frequent flyers until corruption and mismanagement crept in.

We need to stop accusing the U.K of any wrong doing.

All the airlines you mentioned went into the UK market, whether it was corruption or mismanagement the end products were failures. Let's come back to Air Peace what was their complaint about the Electric Flight Bag is a computer approved by the (FATHER) of the aviation regulator body ICAO The International Civil Aviation Organization. Air Peace did not compromise on safety rules, the British wanted a pen and paper to let them continue, and Air Peace wanted a computer because ICAO approved what is the problem.
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by qtx(m): 4:39pm On May 20
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

Which one is END IS NEAR? as if you have been praying for it? Sit down jare, if those UK people are trying to play politics to edge Air Peace out, why should you feel gratified? some guys sha!
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by ComeToJesus: 4:40pm On May 20
Pink nose racists on the beat again.
Don't give me that safety crap..

I know the story..
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by Smartcitizen: 5:07pm On May 20
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

I have always reasoned like you, remaining neutral in all issues between Igbos and Yorubas. But I was really disappointed when I saw a celestial church pastor's video saying Igbos are their greatest problem and not even the Fulani herdsmen.... waooo!

Pastor Tunde Bakare came lately with his own video about how he was invited in a plan to destroy some houses belonging to Igbos in Lagos and he was very worried about that meeting.

If you were an Igbo person, how would you have started seeing the Yorubas?

I'm just wondering as you are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by Barzinime(m): 5:07pm On May 20
Schooled who?
In your wildest dreams.
Enter plane go London enter Downing street go and school them there untypical black man
fullclub:

Typical black man.. I hope I have schooled u today
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by Iko5000: 5:09pm On May 20
This is not Nigeria where you flout saftey rules , this is from the civil regulator who has nothing to do with or any airlines business .
Freddonance:
They really want to frustrate this man out of business. There is a serious gang up somewhere that we are unaware of
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by stevups(m): 5:12pm On May 20
Ha ha, from 3m to 1.2m, he's a good man, truth!
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by Omodua(m): 5:22pm On May 20
Dapromzy333:

https://leadership.ng/uk-reports-air-peace-to-ncaa-over-alleged-safety-violations/
This is expected. It's part of the ploy to kick Air peace out of operations so that they could continue their dominance and exploitation of Nigerians.

We should say No!to this intrigues and razzmatazz. They're not happy seeing Nigerian airline trying to demystify their stronghold of domination and exploitation.
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by seunayantokun(m): 5:36pm On May 20
I was like 'they've come again' but when I read the issues raised,... I just can't come to terms with actions that compromise safety. Abeg Air Peace, no disappoint us your supporters o. The only song you must learn to sing in aviation industry is safety first. Please, make it second to none o.
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by fullclub: 5:38pm On May 20
Barzinime:
Schooled who?
In your wildest dreams.
Enter plane go London enter Downing street go and school them there untypical black man
Am already in the UK.
Please calm down. What I wrote is what the article actually says.

So there is no shortcut by airpeace anywhere rather he made use of sophisticated equipment which the British has not yet integrated into their system reason best known to them.

If there is any explanation of urs then drop.
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by ade4real2016: 6:07pm On May 20
If this is not conspiracy theory,then every meaningful Nigerian Must take this very seriously n do away with tribal sentiment...We all know air disaster is Not what d authorities should handle with kids gloves...If this is about d beefing of this fantastic airline,then they must know that,Air Peace has come to stay n her magnanimity will vindicate d Airline n most especially Allen Onyema...
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by ViceGovernor: 7:17pm On May 20
They are trying to get this man’s airline out of the market for obvious reasons.

He has taken food from the mouth of some very powerful people.

First they attacked his persona….they saw it wasn’t working as people were still using his airline beyond expectations.

Now they have gone after the reputation of his planes ✈️

This Brit’s are the most e evil people on earth I hope they don’t bring down any plane cos this aviation industry is more like mafia industry
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by Yankee101: 8:05pm On May 20
Them don start
But airpeace knew they’ll be watching closely
Please comply with all safety regulations for customers safety
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by samintegrity(m): 9:49pm On May 20
fullclub:
They are not happy that he entered their airspace. The big airlines will look for ways to keep hitting him hard while the half baked brain filled with hate for their fellow Africans join them

What do u even understand in the write up... Nothing

Electronic Flight Bag is a device that is used to manage and display a variety of aviation data, it's like a computerise gadget replacing traditional paper-based materials.
This new system is widely used in USA as its better than paper chart. The goal is to facilitate a paperless flight.

This show airpeace is ahead and using latest technology.

Why the British chose to stick to the old way remains a thing I don't know

Pls read the article nau..

The UK authority accused air peace of not getting an approval for using it. They even mentioned that one of her pilots attested to using the device for navigation

And also, they accused them of not mounting the device while being used, it's like holding a GPS device while driving without properly mounting it, even Uber drivers are advised to always mount Thier phones to help them focus while driving..

also, no charging points provided to ensure the device is on and operational at all times, also no battery backups..

Simply put, it means perhaps they use an handheld device, without charging while in air, also no extra battery available just in case the device goes drained..

I think sir peace needs to respond to this and do the needful, Lagos to UK is a long flight, and we wouldn't want to put our people's lives in danger.
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by Nickymezor(f): 12:09am On May 21
Hope it's not bad belly sha..if he is guilty let him do the right thing o.We don't Wana hear stories that touch.
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by Lexusgs430: 2:29am On May 21
Nickymezor:
Hope it's not bad belly sha..if he is guilty let him do the right thing o.We don't Wana hear stories that touch.

Have you read about the infractions....... If you do, you would know they are all genuine safety concerns........

Nothing like bad belle, Air peace should rectify all safety concerns + train their staffs adequately........
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by fullclub: 3:34am On May 21
samintegrity:

Pls read the article nau..

The UK authority accused air peace of not getting an approval for using it. They even mentioned that one of her pilots attested to using the device for navigation

And also, they accused them of not mounting the device while being used, it's like holding a GPS device while driving without properly mounting it, even Uber drivers are advised to always mount Thier phones to help them focus while driving..

also, no charging points provided to ensure the device is on and operational at all times, also no battery backups..

Simply put, it means perhaps they use an handheld device, without charging while in air, also no extra battery available just in case the device goes drained..

I think sir peace needs to respond to this and do the needful, Lagos to UK is a long flight, and we wouldn't want to put our people's lives in danger.

cool

I read it. How will a planes not have where to charge and mount such device? Think.

Those planes are brand new and latest series

Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by teebaxy(m): 5:14am On May 21
ElevationD:

Sensible man, please tell us what EFBs are. Also please tell us what you understood from the letter to NCAA by the UK authorities.
Send the full letter here let me read and understand before passing vague judgement… More-so allow the Nigeria Govt and Air peace management respond to the said letter … you can’t be smarter than those who receive the original letter . Finally, Stop politicking every issues … UK have the power to revoke Air-peace licence if the don’t want them in their country and their is nothing any body will do. Allow this man grow in his business in peace you guys can’t grow by being Toxic to every critics
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by fullclub: 5:35am On May 21
ElevationD:

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/05/20/alleged-safety-violations-at-gatwick-addressed-air-peace/

Airpeace have responded
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by BigkokoRep: 6:58am On May 21
I love in Europe, and I can tell you with all sincerity that most Europeans loathes the Brits, especially the French, Germans, Nordics etc. Recently, the Spaniards slammed tourists from UK a visit fee....and asked them to pay up or go home!

Now, regarding their evil nature. The Brits are singularly responsible for starting WW2 when she invaded other people's land and won't want other Powers to do the same! Especially Japan!

Now, through wickedness to themselves, just like some people in Nigeria, they voted Brexit and their Economy went into recession. They encouraged the Ukrainian war, and their Economy tanked. It's easier to get a job in Nigeria, than in UK..... Ask anyone currently living in the UK!

Too bad, they taught some tribes in Nigeria how to hate themselves to the point of playing Politics!

ViceGovernor:
They are trying to get this man’s airline out of the market for obvious reasons.

He has taken food from the mouth of some very powerful people.

First they attacked his persona….they saw it wasn’t working as people were still using his airline beyond expectations.

Now they have gone after the reputation of his planes ✈️

This Brit’s are the most e evil people on earth I hope they don’t bring down any plane cos this aviation industry is more like mafia industry
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by agabusta: 7:01am On May 21
themanderon:

Are you aware this guy broke the monopoly these powerful international airlines enjoyed for years and years ago? Do you expect them to be happy with him?
Then Imagine the massive promotion in reputation Harrys visit gave to Airpeace. I mean he left off using the more known airlines to fly airpeace. These guys are very green with envy and they will throw all spanners into the wheel of airpeace.
Expect more negative press against Airpeace in the coming days. Shebi their tabloids have labeled him a wanted fugitive in America? I was watching Sky News Australia and these guys were just taking great pleasure tearing down Harry and Meghan trying to find faults with who they met and what they said. It's just plain malicious journalism.
Expect more fallouts from the visit.

Harry and Meghan did not fly Airpeace from UK to Nigeria.
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by agabusta: 7:06am On May 21
themanderon:

I know those guys did travel there but did they interfere with their pricing them? Did they challenge the monopoly of these guys? Nay.

You're funny. Airpeace price is not significantly lower.

Airpeace is just making propaganda. Their ticket is from 1.4 - 1.6m. Eventhough they are claiming they are doing promo.

Turkish, Ethiopian and Rwand Air price is about same range. Its only BA and Virgin that is higher by about 400k.

Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by ElevationD: 8:50am On May 21
teebaxy:
Send the full letter here let me read and understand before passing vague judgement… More-so allow the Nigeria Govt and Air peace management respond to the said letter … you can’t be smarter than those who receive the original letter . Finally, Stop politicking every issues … UK have the power to revoke Air-peace licence if the don’t want them in their country and their is nothing any body will do. Allow this man grow in his business in peace you guys can’t grow by being Toxic to every critics

So you did not bother to read the letter or comments in the first place, before your conclusion of “passing vague judgement”?

Where is the “politicking” in my comment?

Have people like you allowed grow his business in peace since he started with the London route?
Re: UK Authorities Report Air Peace Over Alleged Violations Of Airport Safety Rules by samintegrity(m): 9:56am On May 21
fullclub:

cool

I read it. How will a planes not have where to charge and mount such device? Think.

Those planes are brand new and latest series

It is well sir,
I just read air peace reply..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country / Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement / Nigerian Stowaway Dies In Arik’s Undercarriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.