Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,156 members, 7,860,140 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:34 AM

Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t (26542 Views)

Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... / Aliko Dangote: I Withdrew $10m Just To Look At It / Aliko Dangote: 'I Need A Wife, I Am Not Getting Any Younger At 61' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by ppogba: 8:01pm On May 20
Gerrard59:

The top four economies in sub-Saharan Africa are English-speaking - South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana. Should Namibians manage their newfound oil wealth, they will become more prosperous than Ivory Coast. Already, even Botswana and Namibia are properly run/managed than Gabon or Ivory Coast.

The French wrecked Haiti and elsewhere. The black man has suffered more at the hands of the French than the English man. Heck, even in Europe, black people regardless of their origin have more opportunities in the UK than ANY French-speaking region.

Yes. The language is the best gift. Singaporeans and Hong Kongers can attest to this. This is a language young Chinese learn from childhood to adulthood. It is the most spoken language in trade shows across the world. Europeans learn it so they can use it outside Europe. Japanese are stunned when I tell them my level is native-level as the British colonised Nigeria during the 1960s. The Brits have their faults, but you see
that language? It is gold.

It is better to learn Spanish as one can use it in a part of the world that is actually prosperous than sub-Saharan Africa which has more French speakers. To show how the French don't favour the black man, it would have made sense to ensure the region where most speakers of your language become wealthy as that would further promote the language's prominence. But the French are not interested in that.

Point of correction.
The Egyptian economy is bigger than those of Kenya and Ghana.
The Algerian economy is bigger than that of Ghana if not bigger than Kenya.

Sorry. I just discovered you said sub Saharan.
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by mamawa123: 8:01pm On May 20
oz4real83:
If I had a country, with the attitude of some Nigerians, even with visas they won't still be allowed to enter my counrty angry sad

Words
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by Bluntemperor: 8:03pm On May 20
The African Continent Leaders would not isten to Alh.Dangote now because they are majorly appendages of their Colonial Masters:
-Develop your Regional African Market.
-Develop African Free Trade Market.
- All African Leaders should meet and work out the African Free Passport - issues to most of our Top Business Executives,not to their associates, unless,the Particular Leader consented!
Good one from Dangote!
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by Gerrard59(m): 8:04pm On May 20
ppogba:

Point of correction.
The Egyptian economy is bigger than those of Kenya and Ghana.
The Algerian economy is bigger than that of Ghana if not bigger than Kenya.

Please re-read my comment. I stated it clearly: sub-Saharan Africa.

I don't merge black Africa with Arabs in everything.

1 Like

Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by hosemujica: 8:05pm On May 20
lol, an average Nigerian poor man don’t care or understand what you are saying. If left for them Yoruba man should get a visa to go to sokoto and Igbo man should get a visa to come to Lagos.

Dull people plenty for that country.
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by ppogba: 8:06pm On May 20
Gerrard59:

Please re-read my comment. I stated it clearly: sub-Sahara Africa.

I don't merge black Africa with Arabs in everything.

I have corrected it the moment I discovered you said sub Saharan.

Sorry about that
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by OChimex: 8:10pm On May 20
enien:
How do the political class travel the whole continent with investing all their time in the Embassies

Get a Top Professional Company Logo Or Letterhead for your Business for 2k Only

PAY AFTER SERVICE

Drop us Your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/a6dgio1WGRHnBahb6

Diplomatic passport
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by OChimex: 8:12pm On May 20
Babangidapikin:
Africa doing themselves can't we have an African Union Passport.

How can a union of idiots work?
They should first solve the hunger and terrorism wey want kpai majority of their citizens before thinking of something like that.
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by Gerrard59(m): 8:17pm On May 20
ppogba:

I have corrected it the moment I discovered you said sub Saharan.

Sorry about that

Thank you.
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by membranus: 8:17pm On May 20
D4gmail1:

Why don't you set up your own refinery plant and show us what you can do differently for the people of Nigeria?
grin

Don't mind them, they hate their country, they hate other tribes, they envy anybody who is doing well than them, and they even hate themselves intra- tribal wise. And f00lishly they are expecting the other hated tribes to vote for their kinsman, how possible?

1 Like

Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by TollinsN: 8:32pm On May 20
peleson1:
Until inec stops stesling people's mandate and African leaders lead by example by allowing free and fair elections .

We do not want sit tight presidents .
Infact single term of seven years should be made compulsory in Africa
How does your comments relates to the subject of discussion. I was even pondering that if such occurred to Dangote who else is exempted. This have to do with obsolete immigration laws which no-one is ready to tampered with. What concerned the President In this, since no bill had been passed and sent to the President for assent
PLEASE STOP ABUSING PEOPLE AND CONCENTRATE ON SELF DEVELOPMENT GOALS

1 Like

Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by maasoap(m): 8:36pm On May 20
Olachase:
Oga you too talk pump fuel make we see undecided undecided

Too talk with that massive investment? You don't know what you are saying. Everything has a timeline
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by maasoap(m): 8:38pm On May 20
Thundafireseun:

Dangote the scammer ….

Nigeria exports crude oil to buy refined products

Now Dangote the scammer imports crude oil so he could refine in his refinery….

Yet we are still waiting to see the impact of this madness …

Mstheeeeeeew and you are busy complaining about Visa …

Don't tell me this mumu has education. SMH
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by Nolevel666: 8:38pm On May 20
enien:
How do the political class travel the whole continent with investing all their time in the Embassies

Get a Top Professional Company Logo Or Letterhead for your Business for 2k Only

PAY AFTER SERVICE

Drop us Your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/a6dgio1WGRHnBahb6
Because they are not really busy as they claim.
They have all the time to apply for all the passports in the world.
Fools
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by JuanDeDios: 8:42pm On May 20
rantingpigs:
UK as a colonial master treats NIGERIA with utmost disdain. Maybe that is the reason TINUBU aligns more with France, who incidentally are now trying to recapture lost African territory.

Get my submission. France doesn't mean well and UK is just extremely worthless..
My submission is that you have to choose one - it's hard to take your position seriously because it's running with two contradictory ideals. What some of you don't know is that after independence, Nigeria signed a military alliance with the UK. But UI students strongly opposed it and the Balewa government had to back down. The UK prefers to hands of its colonies–one of the reasons is that they're embarrassed about their imperial past. It's why you'll hardly see them sell arms to African countries.

France, on the other hand, has never had any inhibitions about being involved and interfering in its colonies. This ought to have both advantages and disadvantages but it has not really worked out well for the people of those countries since France cares far more about regime stability than development.

No, the UK is not worthless. If we get our act together, we could trade with them on equal terms.
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by Babangidapikin: 8:47pm On May 20
OChimex:

How can a union of idiots work?
They should first solve the hunger and terrorism wey want kpai majority of their citizens before thinking of something like that.
I don't know about terrorism but we can certainly solve hunger problem ..Uganda and Kenya boast of beautiful lands but if you see Ethiopian lands you will just melt in alore of such beauty ...
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by rantingpigs: 8:51pm On May 20
Ypu can never trade with colonialist on equal terms.

JuanDeDios:

My submission is that you have to choose one - it's hard to take your position seriously because it's running with two contradictory ideals. What some of you don't know is that after independence, Nigeria signed a military alliance with the UK. But UI students strongly opposed it and the Balewa government had to back down. The UK prefers to hands of its colonies–one of the reasons is that they're embarrassed about their imperial past. It's why you'll hardly see them sell arms to African countries.

France, on the other hand, has never had any inhibitions about being involved and interfering in its colonies. This ought to have both advantages and disadvantages but it has not really worked out well for the people of those countries since France cares far more about regime stability than development.

No, the UK is not worthless. If we get our act together, we could trade with them on equal terms.
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by JuanDeDios: 8:56pm On May 20
rantingpigs:
Ypu can never trade with colonialist on equal terms.
Ok
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by airsaylongcome: 8:58pm On May 20
rantingpigs:
DANGOTE JUST EXPOSED FRANCE and the growing foothold in Africa.

UK is just a waste...and worthless partner cool

France is no different. If they were, Niger, Mali and Burkina Faso would not have chased them out like thieves

2 Likes

Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by rantingpigs: 9:01pm On May 20
Atleast all francophone countries enjoy some semblance of a working relationship with France. UK is just there for the economic extortion.

airsaylongcome:

France is no different. If they were, Niger, Mali and Burkina Faso would not have chased them out like thieves
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by Menclothing1: 9:09pm On May 20
This is backwardness we can’t even trade with ourselves but going to Asia and Europe
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by naijapips02: 9:09pm On May 20
Babangidapikin:

Make you carry am go dey carry drugs for Morocco?
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by airsaylongcome: 9:36pm On May 20
rantingpigs:

Atleast all francophone countries enjoy some semblance of a working relationship with France. UK is just there for the economic extortion.

Keyword being "semblance". Here in Nigeria, Britain doesn't force us to have Naira minted by them or the Bank of the Exchequer as our Central Bank. Loads of neo-colonial slavery by both France and England. NONE is better than the other

2 Likes

Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by Konquest: 9:37pm On May 20
ijustdey:

Aliko Dangote, Africa’s richest person, says he still faces difficulties travelling in Africa with his Nigerian passport.

Dangote spoke recently at the Africa CEO Forum Annual Summit in Kigali, Rwanda.

“I still complained to President Kagame. I told him that as an investor, I have to now apply for 35 different visas on my passport, and I told Mr. President, I really don’t have the time to go and be dropping my passports in embassies to get a visa,” he said.

“But you see, the most annoying thing is that yes, if you are treating everybody the same, then I can understand.”

Using the French passport as an example, Dangote said Patrick Pouyanne, chairman of Total Energies, does not need 35 visas on his French passport to gain access to African countries.

“You don’t need 35 visas on your French passport. This means you have a freer movement than myself in Africa,” he said.

Speaking further on businesses within Africa, he said right now, “our main job is to make sure the regional markets all work. Once they work, then we can now go to Africa Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA). But then, for AfCFTA also, we need to make sure that it works”.

“We cannot have a very promising continent and our intra-trade rate is less than 16 percent. Okay, so we Africans will have to do it. If we are waiting for foreigners to come and do it, both the development of Africa, it’s not going to happen,” he said.

“So it can only happen to us Africans. We must risk our sources and make sure that we lead, then we will have people who actually trust and believe in Africa like Patrick to come and help us to push to the next level.”

Also, at the event, the business mogul announced that Nigeria will not have to import petrol into the country by June when Dangote refinery commences production of the product.

https://www.thecable.ng/dangote-i-need-35-visas-to-travel-within-africa-but-french-investors-dont/amp/
The golden visa is the key bruv.
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by finallybusy: 10:03pm On May 20
Black people enforcing the arbitrary restrictions white people put on them. Sha, it’s not like we were at peace before Caucasians colonized us. We warred among ourselves.
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by VanuatuWycombe: 10:08pm On May 20
It’s good we make Africa border-less. We would have all developed beyond where we are now and have stronger currencies.
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by Ameduedwin: 10:08pm On May 20
That's how you dangote you sell your cement cheap to other Africa and sell to Nigeria in a very high price. You have not been Fair to Nigeria too. What is go around come around
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by HNICEARTH: 10:12pm On May 20
rantingpigs:
DANGOTE JUST EXPOSED FRANCE and the growing foothold in Africa.

UK is just a waste...and worthless partner cool

"....EXPOSED FRANCE".
How?

Was france responsible for african countries not making movement easier for africans within africa?

Is it France's duty to come down and talk sense to african leaders that they need to enable free and easy movement within africa in order to enable and enhance free trade and investment between africans?

Was there anytime france stopped the 54 countries in africa from developement a frame work to achieve that?

Dangote gave an example with the french citizen to paint a picture of how ridiculous it is that Africa is neglecting africans and wholesomely welcoming westerners. The message was directed to Paul kagame, the Rwandan president-an African leader.

Africa is the continent with the worst political leaders in the world. Instead of these politicians sitting back and fixing the continent, they will rather gallivant round the world begging for aids they will later loot and squander on luxury items.

Then their are citizens like you, who will never hold these leaders accountable but will rather blame the west for the misfortunes brought upon the continent by these same leaders you guys idolise.

Keep blaming france!
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by WantsandMore: 10:35pm On May 20
oz4real83:
If I had a country, with the attitude of some Nigerians, even with visas they won't still be allowed to enter my counrty angry sad
lmao, aren't you a Nigerian?
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by NwaliE01: 11:02pm On May 20
Babangidapikin:

In Europe, they don't need Visa to transverse within the European countries. As an African, don't even think of visiting without firstly considering how to navigate their stringent Visa policies.
But in Africa, we close our doors to neighbours; ourselves, and widely flung the door open to the foreigners even grant them Visa on arrivals left, right, and centre.
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by Odotech: 11:17pm On May 20
enien:

Politicians travel with diplomatic passports which don't require visa application. Many of them purchase overseas citizenships through citizenship by investment programs using stolen funds. A private businessman like you and Mr Dangote don't have a diplomatic passport and don't have the privilege that goes with it. You will have to queue, pass interview, get visa denials before getting approval. Dangote loves Nigeria with passion if not, the frustrations re enough to abadon Nigeria and go spend his loot in Europe like the politicians
Re: Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t by Change4dbeta: 11:34pm On May 20
Olachase:
Oga you too talk pump fuel make we see undecided undecided
grin grin grin He promised next month.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wheelbarrow Shopping: Shopping With A Difference / 7 Strong Reasons You Should Start A Business In Your Twenties. / “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.