Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,110 members, 7,860,021 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:05 AM

TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why (28675 Views)

Ruga Settlement: Kano Government Unveils N36 Billion Project / Dino Melaye Shares Ongoing Road Project See Peoples' Reactions / Ambode Inspect Dangote Project, See Who Went With Him (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by PointZerom: 7:20pm On May 20
pandoragirigory:
As expected, when bitter grieving obi and his 40 million people are always grieving and mourning seriously over their lose

Coming from a man full of debts.

2 Likes

Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by Justiceganduje: 7:22pm On May 20
helinues:
Toh

We get Dangote for here.. Food wey man go chop no go pass am
Do you want to work at Dangote refinery?

1 Like

Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by CheapHomes1: 7:22pm On May 20
anonymous1759:
Evening chaw for ranting pig, Dangote refinery is worth x3 of that . grin grin grin You win some and loose some, you can’t have all the investments but election sour losers will cry , ask them how many investments their fraud brought to Anambra that’s worth $2b they’ll insult you , yet they said we should vote YO-YO bitters.

pls how does this topic concern anambra state? how much crude does Nigeria supply dangote refinery that? how many foreign trips did the president of angola make to france to look for "foreign investments?
Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by ghettochild(m): 7:22pm On May 20
same total that's left south Africa few days ago...
I guess Angola eye never open...so they need to take advantage before them eye open.
if they can leave south Africa n plan to sell stake in Naija...
let's see how long they will exploit Angola.
Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by HugoBoss10(m): 7:22pm On May 20
BAT, you see your life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by CheapHomes1: 7:23pm On May 20
pandoragirigory:
As expected, when bitter grieving obi and his 40 million people are always grieving and mourning seriously over their lose

bros, how the topic take concern obi?

1 Like

Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by Lavor234: 7:24pm On May 20
Fkmodhi:
We don’t need your money and investment. We have Dangote and $15tr coastal road project.
😂🤣😹
Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by watchindelta(m): 7:24pm On May 20
This man is stupid for saying Nigerians lack talent and non educated! .the rest is on point. I no blame you now our stupid politicians and some stupid citizens 🙄 .

1 Like

Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by bionixs: 7:24pm On May 20
vanbonattel:
Well, I think they're right to reject Nigeria and choose Angola instead, because,

Their company will just be demolished in a short while.

Don't invest in Lagos, even the international community knows.
all the mugus supporting this no do good government, will pass suffering to their next generation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by Femeto: 7:25pm On May 20
Tinubu for say them done carry investment come Naija. Wicked people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by ozo13(m): 7:27pm On May 20
eweqwatr:
If Nigeria president supporters stole balot boxes and were attacking and physically harming innocent voters in Lagos to win election.. then how will any sane investor bring such huge investment to Nigeria?

You think investors are blind? they know what is happening in Nigeria and will rather invest were there's reasonable peace at least.
I hope u read part of the long write up.problem has been in for more than 12 years atleast from the write up
Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by Kushites: 7:27pm On May 20
watchindelta:
This man is stupid for saying Nigerians lack talent and non educated! .the rest is on point. I no blame you now our stupid politicians and some stupid citizens 🙄 .

HE NEVER SAID THAT!

I WATCHED THE INTERVIEW.

He said Nigeria and Rwanda HAD the educated talent unlike some other African nations.

The OP lied.

Here’s the video.

https://www.youtube.com/live/mYGNC7L-UXE?si=whmWRr_-7D9Z7-AC
Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by Flame333: 7:27pm On May 20
The man just finish Nigeria nyash..

Indirectly, you people just dey born without any plan to add value to the children of the land..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by bionixs: 7:29pm On May 20
anonymous1759:
Evening chaw for ranting pig, Dangote refinery is worth x3 of that . grin grin grin You win some and loose some, you can’t have all the investments but election sour losers will cry , ask them how many investments their fraud brought to Anambra that’s worth $2b they’ll insult you , yet they said we should vote YO-YO bitters.
senseless mumu.
So you drive away new customers because you already have some. This is why no matter how you your tribes men struggle , they don't excel in business. They would rather accuse those accommodating more customers as using juju. Imagine the NONsense you submitted here and your like-minds are giving you likes

Before I forget , you are the pig here

2 Likes

Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by bionixs: 7:31pm On May 20
anonymous1759:
senseless mumu.
So you drive away new customers because you already have some. This is why no matter how you your tribes men struggle , they don't excel in business. They would rather accuse those accommodating more customers as using juju.

Before I forget , you are the pig here

1 Like

Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by bionixs: 7:32pm On May 20
helinues:
Toh

senseless mumu.
So you drive away new customers because you already have some. This is why no matter how you your tribes men struggle , they don't excel in business. They would rather accuse those accommodating more customers as using juju. Sorry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by Kushites: 7:34pm On May 20
That summit was very pro-Nigeria and the OP just picked one point made there to turn it negative against Nigeria.

I bet he is an Emergency Nigerian.

Here’s the full video of the CEO Summit in Kigali.

HE NEVER SAID HE DIVERTED A PROJECT FROM NIGERIA TO ANGOLA.

1 Like

Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by anonimi: 7:36pm On May 20
Omalicious1:
How far for India, UAE and The Netherlands? Shay they promised BAT that they would invest in Nigeria?

All the propaganda balablu noise of immediate this, immediate that has lule inside the lagoon, which is what ThiefNuibu's Oba in Lagos wished for Igbos in 2015 if they fail to vote for Ambode then.

Almost one year, nothing to show for their immediate noise.

wwwihy:
PRESIDENT TINUBU SECURES LANDMARK DEAL WITH UNITED ARAB EMIRATES ACROSS SECTORS; VISA BAN ON NIGERIAN TRAVELERS IS LIFTED IMMEDIATELY

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and President of the United Arab Emirates, Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, on Monday in Abu Dhabi, have finalized a historic agreement, which has resulted in the immediate cessation of the visa ban placed on Nigerian travelers.

Furthermore, by this historic agreement, both Etihad Airlines and Emirates Airlines are to immediately resume flight schedules into and out of Nigeria, without any further delay.

As negotiated between the two Heads of State, this immediate restoration of flight activity, through these two airlines and between the two countries, does not involve any immediate payment by the Nigerian government.

In recognition of President Tinubu's economic development diplomacy drive and proposals today presented by President Tinubu to his counterpart, an agreed framework has been established, which will involve several billions of U.S. dollars worth of new investments into the Nigerian economy across multiple sectors, including defense, agriculture and others, by the investment arms of the Government of the United Arab Emirates.

Additionally, President Tinubu is pleased to have successfully negotiated a joint, new foreign exchange liquidity programme between the two Governments, which will be announced in detail in the coming weeks.

In conclusion, the President wishes to commend the UAE President, Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, for his unalloyed friendship and his determined effort to join hands with him to fully normalize and reset to excellence, the standard of relations between the two important countries.

Chief Ajuri Ngelale

Special Adviser to the President

(Media & Publicity)

September 11, 2023

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by bionixs: 7:36pm On May 20
FreeStuffsNG:
Chevron chose Guyana over UK too and heavens didn't fall.
Meanwhile, same TotalEnergies is hustling to bring the oil to Nigeria's Dangote Refinery.

God bless Nigeria for ever!Check my signature for free stuffs!
senseless mumu.
So you drive away new customers because you already have some. This is why no matter how you your tribes men struggle , they don't excel in business , looking for civil service where they can easily steal and empty Nigeria they way she is today. They would rather accuse those accommodating more customers as using juju.
I thought you have sense
Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by nedekid: 7:36pm On May 20
eweqwatr:
If Nigeria president supporters stole balot boxes and were attacking and physically harming innocent voters in Lagos to win election.. then how will any sane investor bring such huge investment to Nigeria?

You think investors are blind? they know what is happening in Nigeria and will rather invest were there's reasonable peace at least.
Oga, this is the the second time I am hearing tori about foreign investor in the last 7days. The first was from my lawyer, a senior yoruba Muslim gentleman, then staunch supporter of buhari and apc, during elections, obviously supporting the current fellow. Just last week I spoke with him, the man says baba is just junketing around the world wasting his time, that no investor will take his money to where there is no justice, so one person will not just wake up and use or play around with judicial process to frustrate their investments. I was in shock. The question is what did this learned fellow see, that changed his mind so soon?

1 Like

Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by Okarakwu: 7:38pm On May 20
Who asked you to vote yoyo bitter...go and vote Tinubu ...animal
anonymous1759:
Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by watchindelta(m): 7:38pm On May 20
Kushites:

HE NEVER SAID THAT!

I WATCHED THE INTERVIEW.

He said Nigeria and Rwanda HAD the educated talent unlike some other African nations.

The OP lied.

Here’s the video.

aha thanks for letting people know.

1 Like

Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by Ewedegubbler: 7:38pm On May 20
Why would Any right thinking person invest in Nigeria right now?
Is it Lagos that thrives in crazy taxation and demolition of properties or the terror ridden north or the east that is ravaged by IPOB miscreants?

Abeg
Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by Masculino: 7:39pm On May 20
Why won't they choose Angola over Nigeria! Nigerian future is highly unpredictable. There is a serious geopolitical tension rocking Nigeria from all sides. The west sees Nigeria fit for only military outposts not for economic investments
Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by idahme(m): 7:39pm On May 20
helinues:
Toh

You no sabi anything oo, dangote is a major player in the downstream while Tonal energeties is a major player in the upstream. I don't expect you to understand.
Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by Oblizdahfuture: 7:40pm On May 20
Shame to This country

See what we have reduced ourselves intooo.....

We the citizens are not safe even outsiders too are not safe!
Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by Ashawoman82: 7:40pm On May 20
ASAPFERG:
There is dangote refinery
guy, you're too dull.. So common sense did not tell u that we need all the whole foreign investment we can get, even as low as 50m$ can have a huge impact on our economy.. U are a dunce.. How else do u want us to get forex if we chase away foreign investors with our draconian policies.. Suffer no dey tire u?
Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by idahme(m): 7:41pm On May 20
agabusta:
So why did they choose Naija for Egina instead of Angola?

Egina was in the dispensation of Yaradua/Goodluck, think.

There is consequences for our actions.
Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by treatise: 7:41pm On May 20
vanbonattel:
Well, I think they're right to reject Nigeria and choose Angola instead, because,

Their company will just be demolished in a short while.

Don't invest in Lagos, even the international community knows.
The Shell didn't want to raw: Nigerian bug men like bribes
Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by Gerrard59(m): 7:42pm On May 20
FreeStuffsNG:
Chevron chose Guyana over UK too and heavens didn't fall.
Meanwhile, same TotalEnergies is hustling to bring the oil to Nigeria's Dangote Refinery.

God bless Nigeria for ever!Check my signature for free stuffs!

The UK does not have crude oil in the same quantity as Guyana. However, Angola and Nigeria are major oil producers in Africa. Comparing Guyana to the UK is disingenuous and apples-to-oranges.

But as an APC miscreant, I am not surprised by your reasoning.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by bionixs: 7:43pm On May 20
anonymous1759:

Sharap, other investors will come , are they the only ones ? Whenever some these multi nationals don’t see chance to exploit they can come up with anything .
You’re opening your gutter mouth to talk nonsense. I hope you’ll use that same mouth to caution Airpeace , that’s already violating laws in UK,
You won’t bring in conspiracy theories that Uk wants to gang up against airpeace . Emergency lovers of Nigeria over night . We know all your tricks.
senseless mumu.
So you drive away new customers because you already have some. This is why no matter how you your tribes men struggle , they don't excel in business , looking for civil service where they can easily steal and empty Nigeria they way she is today. They would rather accuse those accommodating more customers as using juju.
I thought you you have sense.
Bus conductor
Re: TotalEnergies Chose Angola Over Nigeria For $6 Billion Project. See Why by bigiyaro(m): 7:43pm On May 20
This is what happens when you have stranger making laws for you. Fulani herdsmen have been making laws for Niger Delta people since the time of John debabtist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari’s Victory Another Bad Market – Sex Workers / Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi / Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.