Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,963 members, 7,863,426 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:32 PM

Labour Slashes Proposed New Minimum Wage To N500,000 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Slashes Proposed New Minimum Wage To N500,000 (20147 Views)

Chinwe Nnabuife Fumes Over Inclusion Of Her Town In The Proposed New State / Minimum Wage: Labour Slashes Demand To ₦‎500,000 / Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Slashes Proposed New Minimum Wage To N500,000 by triplechoice(m): 10:13pm On May 24
ogbonti:

Am glad you know there is a problem --- and the big part of it is that it is outrageous - it is utopian --- such minimum wage cant be payed!!!

Which problem again now?

The minimum wage has not been approved yet. What labour is proposing is for negotiation . Don't use that to judge them
This is not the first time minimum wage is being negotiated in this country.
Re: Labour Slashes Proposed New Minimum Wage To N500,000 by triplechoice(m): 10:45pm On May 24
ogbonti:

you so much believe in ------ IT IS THE LAW ----- please show me where the law is enforced in the states where it is not payed

I am agreeing with you ---- IT IS THE LAW ---- please prove me wrong that your MINIMUM WAGE LAW WORKS!!!! ndi ara

Na wah for you o! Owhe edo.

If Nigerians don't obey the law will it work?

Well ,my point of arguing that minimum wage is law is to prove to you ,contrary to what you believe,that it's not in the hands of private businesses to determine what to pay as minimum wage. It's the Federal government that set minimum wage so that those category of workers are not exploited by their employers. Anything outside minimum wage you free to do what you like.

And the law says, if you have over 25 staff in your payroll , you must pay it to the lowest paid staff in your business. Whether you're making profit or not , you must pay . If you can't, then, it's either you do the work yourself or make sure your staff strength doesn't exceed 25 ,if not, you will sanctioned when caught and also asked to pay some fine.

But trust Nigerians in the private sector to lie about their staff strength so they don't pay.

It's because of the dishonestly in the private sector, where they lie so they avoid paying, together with the other exemptions most
of them enjoy, I say minimum wage is mostly for those in the public sector in Nigeria. It's not for everyone. If people know this here nobody will be singing hyperinflation based on what they read from an economic textbook which doesn't apply to the abnormal situation in Nigeria.

If you want everyone to benefit from minimum wage or you don't like to be forced to pay it when you're not making enough profit in your business then agitated for more inclusion and also tell them what you want instead of calling labour unrealistic. Once a new minimum wage is signed into law by Tinubu there's nothing you can do again to change it until 5 years time.
Re: Labour Slashes Proposed New Minimum Wage To N500,000 by ogbonti: 10:53pm On May 24
triplechoice:

Na wah for you o! Owhe edo.

If Nigerians don't obey the law will it work?

Well ,my point of arguing that minimum wage is law is to prove to you ,contrary to what you believe,that it's not in the hands of private businesses to determine what to pay as minimum wage. It's the Federal government that set minimum wage so that those category of workers are not exploited by their employers. Anything outside minimum wage you free to do what you like.

And the law says, if you have over 25 staff in your payroll , you must pay it to the lowest paid staff in your business. Whether you're making profit or not , you must pay . If you can't, then, it's either you do the work yourself or make sure your staff strength doesn't exceed 25 ,if not, you will sanctioned when caught and also asked to pay some fine.

But trust Nigerians in the private sector to lie about their staff strength so they don't pay.

It's because of the dishonestly in the private sector, where they lie so they avoid paying, together with the other exemptions most
of them enjoy, I say minimum wage is mostly for those in the public sector in Nigeria. It's not for everyone. If people know this here nobody will be singing hyperinflation based on what they read from an economic textbook which doesn't apply to the abnormal situation in Nigeria.

If you want everyone to benefit from minimum wage or you don't like to be forced to pay it when you're not making enough profit in your business then agitated for more inclusion and also tell them what you want instead of calling labour unrealistic. Once a new minimum wage is signed into law by Tinubu there's nothing you can do again to change it until 5 years time.

oga e don do, cant read your epistle- you win, happy now? thanks- enjoy your weekend
Re: Labour Slashes Proposed New Minimum Wage To N500,000 by reacthunt: 5:43pm On May 29
I wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I appreciate the amazing stuff you have been sharing. Your writings are consistently very perceptive and jam-packed with useful knowledge. I am a small business owner, and I have found your techniques and recommendations to be of great assistance in navigating the tricky world of SEO. Your commitment to offering insightful counsel is clear, and it's having a significant impact on how I manage my internet presence. For anyone trying to improve their SEO efforts, I highly recommend looking into the [urlhttps://ai-seoservices.com/mobile-seo]best SEO Services for Small Businesses[/url] you have to offer. Maintain the great work; your knowledge and enthusiasm are evident in each and every post!
Re: Labour Slashes Proposed New Minimum Wage To N500,000 by reacthunt: 5:44pm On May 29
I just wanted to say thank you for all of the amazing stuff you have been offering. You consistently write really intelligent pieces that are jam-packed with useful information. I own a small business, and I've found your advice and tactics to be quite beneficial in navigating the tricky realm of search engine optimization. It's clear that you're committed to offering wise counsel, and it's changing the way I go about managing my internet presence. Checking out the best SEO Services for small business you offer is highly recommended for anyone trying to improve their SEO efforts. Keep up the great work; every post genuinely demonstrates your knowledge and enthusiasm!
Re: Labour Slashes Proposed New Minimum Wage To N500,000 by reacthunt: 12:02pm On May 30
Excellently shown. I loved every quote, and I appreciate you sharing the information. Continue inspiring and sharing with others. By the way, I recommend checking out my blog on how to sell used electronic devices at https://www.gizmogo.com .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Mourns Death Of PDP Supporters / SOS To INEC From Chikun LGA In Southern Kaduna / Mahmood Yakubu visits FCT polling units (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.