Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,348 members, 7,868,006 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:47 AM

I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi (28720 Views)

Have You Received Your Share Of The Federal Government Grant / I Could Have Asked For My Share Of Fuel Subsidy, But God Forbid — Tinubu / Federal Character: Ugwuanyi Canvasses Fair Share For Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by grandstar(m): 12:25am On May 24
Exjoker:
In most kingdoms and emirates in the north, kingship is rotated between royal families after the decease of a king. That is unlike what we see in nollywood movies where the son of the king automatically inherit the kingship after the death of his father. In most northern kingdoms, the king children don't have that kind of pleasure. As the king can be choosen from any of the royal families by the king makers or in another system like a rotational kingship where the next family takes on the rulership after a king dead...

I thought the king's son had greater right to the throne than anyone else. Thanks for the correction.

I'm Yoruba and the kingship rotates amongst 4 royal families. The present Ooni of Ife is not from the previous ooni of Ife royal family nor their descendants.

Succession in Yoruba land can be more contentious than in the deep North. Incest marraiges are not allowed amongst the Yoruba. You're not even allowed to marry your inlaw.

Since Lamido and the immediate predecessor are first cousins, and Lamido is even married to his sister, it makes what could have been a violent spectacle end peacefully.
Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by BALLOSKI: 6:21am On May 24

I also had a bit of apprehension about coming to speak at a public forum such as this.

It's now time to talk less.
Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by BALLOSKI: 6:25am On May 24
The coincidence here is, when Sanusi was announced in 2014 as the emir, Kwankwaso was Portharcourt and there he received the names of the contestants and Sanusi's name came atop and he said God guided him to pick Sanusi because the kingmakers already have his name ontop based on many criteria. And today, Sanusi is being reinstated and he's also in Portharcourt when this is happening. Life!
Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by Zona123(m): 9:04am On May 24
You are laying curse on yourself inadvertently, I'm glad that it's coming from your heart and not from those you think you're laying the curse on.

post=130106222:
On this Emir's issue in Kano State....

May Allah's will be done.

God bless Kano State.

God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬

We Rise ✔️

AMEN AMEN AMEN

So shall it be and the same fate will also befall their supporters.
They will never know peace all the remaining days of their miserable lives.

No be curse,
Na FACT!
Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by Eriggs: 2:25pm On May 24
Zona123:
You are laying curse on yourself inadvertently, I'm glad that it's coming from your heart and not from those you think you're laying the curse on.

Say AMEN to the prayers of shut up.
Hypocrite.
Afraid catch am, he no fit say amen grin
Re: I’ve Had My Fair Share Of Controversy – Sanusi by bewisemasses: 4:40pm On May 29
Eriggs:
Some idiots wey Kano matter no concern,
Pigs wey no know anything about emir, na dem dey put mouth for dis case since, instead make them face their village wey terrorists dey flog and behead their kings.
Foolish pigs dem.
I'm not Igbo but this isn't normal

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Pictured With His Beautiful Daughters / Ize-Iyamu: Those Who Brought Obaseki From Nowhere Can Look Elsewhere / Human Rights Activist, Deji Adeyanju Called To The Nigerian Bar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.