Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,726 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:29 AM

Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti (11354 Views)

Two Arrested For Stealing Bitter Kola, Phones, Others In Anambra / EFCC Arrests Two Yahoo Boys In Ibadan, Recovers Expensive Cars, Phones, Others / Man Steals N104,000 Phones With Rope In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by Truvelisback(m): 6:46am On May 24
If they were mere thieves, imprisonment would have been better. But Armed robbery is a very serious crime. You could imagine how many lives they must have taken and women they must raped and rendered as widows. Those guys are heartless. You go rob person still rape am join.

2 Likes

Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by Joy2dworldxyz: 6:54am On May 24
immortalcrown:
Capital punishment for lesser crimes, pardon for bigger crimes. That is Nigeria for you.

No crime is justifiable. I am not defending these thieves. But do these boys deserve to be killed? If Boko members can be rehabilitated and tagged repentant, why not rehabilitate these boys?

But if you think these boys deserve death, why can't governors, senators and apprehended Boko members that commit grievious crimes be treated this same way?

Tears rolled!,
I weep for their souls!

Meanwhile those robbing the treasury of the nation are conferred with national honours.

1 Like

Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by Raysleek: 6:57am On May 24
I dont know why people twist the truth to get comments. It is pbvious these people killed someone in the process of robbery. No judge wil kill amyone for armed robbery only.
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by godofuck231: 6:59am On May 24
Yet emefiele lives
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by Pickmycall: 6:59am On May 24
Tijani009:
I was rubbed off my phone and #170,000 cash, it may look small to you but it's my business capital, and the psychological effect, I have been at home for days, seeking loans, if you refuse to give them you might be stabbed or shot, more talks
Fulani bandits are doing worst but they are granted pardon and enlisted into the military.
Raysleek:
I dont know why people twist the truth to get comments. It is pbvious these people killed someone in the process of robbery. No judge wil kill amyone for armed robbery only.
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by Exceed15: 7:07am On May 24
Well deserved.
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by Fuckyoumod: 7:11am On May 24
immortalcrown:
Point out where I support crime. Otherwise, admit that your response is senseless.
hahahahahahahahaha Oga, lol..... No be quarrel na! Haba.... I even wished you a nice day.

You didn't see "have a nice day"?
Wish me back na.

Have a nice day once again bro
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by DMerciful(m): 7:23am On May 24
Bokoharam kill by the hundreds yet pardon and rehabilitated.

Why did you cherry-pick and left out this point he made?

Those guys should be given long sentences but certainly not hanged. They did not kill anybody
Mynd44:

What they did isn't a "lesser crime". Only those who do not understand the law push narratives like this.

There is a world of difference between robbery and armed robbery. If they had stolen without carrying a gun, snatched the items of initimadated, they won't be getting this punishment.

Once you cross that line and arm yourself before going to rob, you have entered a new world where your life is Forfeit

As for the politicians who you think commit bigger crime, financial crimes are not on the same level as armed robbery in the eye of the law. This is why Yahoo boys get 3-year sentences
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by Johnpat198: 7:33am On May 24
Evans the kidnapper is still alive, Nigerian judiciary cases always favor the rich but cripple the poor

1 Like

Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by immortalcrown(m): 7:37am On May 24
Fuckyoumod:
hahahahahahahahaha Oga, lol..... No be quarrel na! Haba.... I even wished you a nice day.

You didn't see "have a nice day"?
Wish me back na.
I have not quarrelled with you. I simply ask you to prove your claim.

"Have a nice day" does not change your claim that my type condemns an entire tribe.

So, go through my history and point out where I condemn an entire tribe. Otherwise, you are a false accuser.
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:37am On May 24
So sad
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by immortalcrown(m): 7:48am On May 24
Mynd44:

What they did isn't a "lesser crime". Only those who do not understand the law push narratives like this.

There is a world of difference between robbery and armed robbery. If they had stolen without carrying a gun, snatched the items of initimadated, they won't be getting this punishment.

Once you cross that line and arm yourself before going to rob, you have entered a new world where your life is Forfeit

As for the politicians who you think commit bigger crime, financial crimes are not on the same level as armed robbery in the eye of the law. This is why Yahoo boys get 3-year sentences
Politicians kill during elections. But who will admit it in a law court? grin
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by KoshCAD: 7:50am On May 24
And Yaya Bello still breathing
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by bluefilm: 7:54am On May 24
That's harsh

But it's good

No single mercy for armed robbers at all
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by ibtommy(m): 7:57am On May 24
immortalcrown:
Capital punishment for lesser crimes, pardon for bigger crimes. That is Nigeria for you.

No crime is justifiable. I am not defending these thieves. But do these boys deserve to be killed? If Boko members can be rehabilitated and tagged repentant, why not rehabilitate these boys?

But if you think these boys deserve death, why can't governors, senators and apprehended Boko members that commit grievious crimes be treated this same way?

Bro, we really need this to curb evil in the land. It is just a pitiable situation that the Nigerian judiciary has lost its value. If the judiciary can stand on truth and justice, their judgements will serve as a deterrent to all those defiant kidnappers and thieves parading our roads/highways.
For now, let those guys face the music. Remember, they could have murdered these victims if they had struggled with them. Do you even know if they had killed people before? Let the judgment stand. We go sha start from somewhere na. angry
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by immortalcrown(m): 8:00am On May 24
ibtommy:
Bro, we really need this to curb evil in the land. It is just a pitiable situation that the Nigerian judiciary has lost its value. If the judiciary can stand on truth and justice, their judgements will serve as a deterrent to all those defiant kidnappers and thieves parading our roads/highways.
For now, let those guys face the music. Remember, they could have murdered these victims if they had struggled with them. Do you even know if they had killed people before? Let the judgment stand. We go sha start from somewhere na. angry
You didn't get my point. If you want to kill them, why not kill others that commit similar or bigger crimes? If you leave those ones with bigger or similar crimes, why not leave these ones?
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by Flows001(m): 8:02am On May 24
immortalcrown:

Stop being emotional bro!

Theft and Armed robbery are two totally different crimes.

If they had just stolen these items, they would have only gotten jail sentences and not death, but the mere fact that they were ARMED with deadly weapons, it then means that they were ready to KILL their victims at the slightest resistance. Therefore, that amounts to a Capital offence. The law is clear on punishment for capital offences..

I lost my dad to armed robbers, an ordinary thief would have just stolen his valuables and escaped, but the Armed Robbers brutally shot him and his friend to death, before going away with their car and other valuables.

You can't compare Armed robbery and Kidnapping with financial crimes...

Boko haram's case was politically influenced, otherwise, terrorism is also a Capital Offence that deserves Capital Punishment, but the Presidency granted them pardon, which was a condemnable decision, but then, this is Nigeria..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by ibtommy(m): 8:05am On May 24
immortalcrown:
You didn't get my point. If you want to kill them, why not kill others that commit similar or bigger crimes? If you leave those ones with bigger or similar crimes, why not leave these ones?
I got your point, bro. Their death warrants will not be signed. They will only waste their time in the prison-mind you there is no correctional centre in our country. We are only deceiving ourselves. Japan and China started this way, too till they are where they are today. We still have very few God-fearing judges in Nigeria.
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by TechCapon(m): 8:19am On May 24
immortalcrown:

stop defending rubbish pls. The reason they got death penalty is because they robbed with deadly weapons and it's the standard all over the world. The moment you rob with gun you get the maximum
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by immortalcrown(m): 8:20am On May 24
TechCapon:
stop defending rubbish pls. The reason they got death penalty is because they robbed with deadly weapons and it's the standard all over the world. The moment you rob with gun you get the maximum
You are the one defending rubbish here. Otherwise, point out where I defend any crime.
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by Mathain19(m): 8:27am On May 24
The chief Judge on this matter probably is learning how to pass judgement on cases and just want to use those criminals to shine..
In the robbery incident as stated above! the victims weren't murdered or anyone was! Why the capital punishment??
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by sonofsteven: 8:29am On May 24
This judgement is razzz

What happened to life imprisonment?

Their victims didn't die so what prompted the judgement... the law stated that when a victim dies

If they have money they can appeal the judgement
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by idahme(m): 8:49am On May 24
immortalcrown:

Armed robbery is no lesser crime anywhere in the world. What you are looking at is the money and not the crime of armed robbery.

1 Like

Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by idahme(m): 8:54am On May 24
HallaDaTruth:
Yet poliTHIEFcians that steal billions are told to "go and sin no more "

There is difference between stealing 100k and armed robbery resulting in robbing 100k from the victim. The first will land you to few years in jail while the latter will land you to death penalty.

The latter crime is more serious than someone who stole 1 trillion of Nigerian money that's the law . Armed robbery doesn't look at the money involved even if it's 100 naira, once you use arms like knife, guns, Cutlass to rob that 100 naira then death penalty awaits that person if caught.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by TechCapon(m): 9:13am On May 24
immortalcrown:
You are the one defending rubbish here. Otherwise, point out where I defend any crime.
you're defending rubbish because armed robbery and looting are not on the same level in the eyes of the law. The moment you arm yourself with gun and rob people you've crossed a red line with which there's no going back. So an armed robber deserves the death penalty

1 Like

Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by Apel147(m): 9:21am On May 24
This judgement is nothing more than abuse of judges rule! Such a judgement is barbaric and cannot stand! What rubbish
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by Ajehkpako4naija(f): 9:22am On May 24
immortalcrown:

But someone stole with bullion vans without repercussions
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by Adewale1603(m): 9:44am On May 24
Even creams?
This one deep
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by omojeesu(m): 10:11am On May 24
That's why they say that the law is an ass!

What about bandits, terrorists and kidnapers? What about economic saboteurs? Political office looting looters?

The law is for the poor and unconnected...
God is the final judge!
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by abuhusna1: 10:20am On May 24
lexy2014:
very good judgement but is it always the same judgement given in every case of armed robbery? also, politicians who steal hardly get jail time
Any robbery with arms and ammunition is a capital punishment of either life imprisonment or death in Nigeria.
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by lexy2014: 10:26am On May 24
abuhusna1:

Any robbery with arms and ammunition is a capital punishment of either life imprisonment or death in Nigeria.
can you show me where I said that armed robbery does not attract capital punishment?
Re: Two To Die For Armed Robbery, Stealing ₦‎105,000, Phones, Others In Ekiti by ogbonti: 10:55am On May 24
ogolemati:
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed what a country.where politicians steals in billions and they get higher office of pardon but someone that stole Maggi will be sentence to death

You are right, politicians get a slap on the wrist and the poor must be hanged BUT have you noticed that NO FULANI herdsman has ever been convicted to die by hanging for the kidnappings, robbery on the highway, trains, the mass rapes and abductions and all the massacres they have commited all over the country for almost 10 years now and counting

The 2 names here are southern christian names - my little question is WHEN WILL A FULANI HERDSMAN BE SENTENCED TO DEATH FOR ARMED ROBBERY AND KIDNAPPING?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Bites Off A Policeman’s Ear / I Raped A Mad Woman Some Years Back / 2 Men Accused Of Molesting Boys In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.