Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,855 members, 7,862,803 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US (23192 Views)

Heineken Lokpobiri: NNPCL Is Responsible For Refinery Renovations / Heineken Lokpobiri: Nigeria's Oil Production Now 1.7 Million Barrels Daily / President Tinubu Receives Wike And Heineken Lokpobiri In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US by bixton(m): 10:45am On May 24
worksmart:
I have been saying for years that I strongly suspect Dangote Corporation is owned by colonizers, and Aliko Dangote is just a figurehead to deceive Nigerians.

Since Late Abacha's wife made that comment (I'll say it's a gossip though) that they can never be as poor as him that was when we knew that he is just only a figure head to those whose aim is to strong arm the Nigerian economy.

1 Like

Re: Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US by Jomonix: 10:55am On May 24
N
Re: Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US by malali: 10:56am On May 24
Konquest:

Nicely put.

There's NO way though that Heineken Lokpobiri wouldn't have known that cheap crude shipments are on the way from the United States because it's been reported in the global media on sites such as Bloomberg and other international sites that I regularly visit which are devoted to reporting global energy issues. The newspaper publication may have misrepresented him here. It's either he meant that he wasn't aware of imported crude oil that has recently landed in Nigeria for Dangote. I will have to see the full video of the comments Heineken Lokpobiri made to really be sure that the newspaper isn't misrepresenting his words. A lot of newspapers and Journalists usually misrepresent people's live comments from time to time, NOT just in Nigeria but globally.

Dangote Refinery can always complement crude oil sourced from Nigeria with cheaper crude oil sources from the U.S. and even TotalEnergies is also gearing up to supply Dangote with crude oil. As long as the pump price of fuel is cheaper than it is now, and Dangote Refinery is able to declare profits, then all is well.

The reporter quoted him , he probably did not feel accountable to the reporter forgetting he is a public officer. The impunity some of these people have forgetting they are there to serve the public and thus accountable to them. He could have been more diplomatic in his answer but he chose an outright lie. That's just unethical and dubious of him.

3 Likes

Re: Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US by bukatyne(f): 11:24am On May 24
helinues:
Is Dangote no longer a private business owner?

Why should the government be monitoring the activities on how a business man run his business when he his not doing illegal things.

Shalaye is unnecessary

Kindly shut up!

Just shut up!

How can a government not be aware that someone is importing crude oil into Nigeria?

Is crude oil a pin or air or is Dangote a smuggler? Even if he was, how did he manage to move tankers of crude oil without knowledge?

What crumbs do the government give you that makes you confident to support such ineptitude?

2 Likes

Re: Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US by theredaddy: 11:32am On May 24
vanbonattel:

Chinedu is also a private business owner, but the government monitors his business because he's from a part of the country, and closes the border or increases import duties because of Shinedu.

The government will not be talking about FX and BDC today if not because they think they shoupd kill the businesses of a region who imports items using forex.

Now when it gets to Dangote or Otedola, the government will become deaf, dumb and blind at the same time.

Your mindset is not only ridiculous, it stinks

so it is only igbos that import and need FX, this "victimization mentality" is beginning to drive some of you stupid.
Re: Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US by Emanodimo(m): 11:40am On May 24
If this statement is true from this minister, then he needs to keep quiet.

Sometimes, they make very provocative statement.

I wish they can be treated the same way, they go about arresting the citizen for such unguided statement.
Re: Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US by nkwoemeka(m): 12:01pm On May 24
Federal government unaware that the citizens are suffering, unaware that our roads are very bad, unaware that cost of living is very high.

1 Like

Re: Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US by UnabashedIPOB: 1:49pm On May 24
“I’m not aware that Dangote Refinery has started importing crude oil from the US. That’s the reason why we’re talking about an increase in production.

I am still amazed that this government keeps lying to its citizens. How can it in good conscience claim that it does NOT know that the country's quota system so-called billionaire is importing crude oil from the US? Any reasonable person knows it's a lie that the Fulani Government of Nigeria is unaware of this open secret. I keep saying that you can win an election through lies and propaganda but you can NEVER run a country with lies and propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US by konvicted77: 6:53pm On May 24
masterfactor:
Nigeria my country, The government is so confuse that they don't know what is going on in the country, and there is a ministry for information. Politician don't read news at all
When he says he is not aware that's the truth.
How can you be importing crude oil when your refinery is yet to commence work, dangote refinery is not working all the pipelines their are leaking.
Re: Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US by Samtob90(m): 10:57pm On May 24
vanbonattel:

Chinedu is also a private business owner, but the government monitors his business because he's from a part of the country, and closes the border or increases import duties because of Shinedu.

The government will not be talking about FX and BDC today if not because they think they shoupd kill the businesses of a region who imports items using forex.

Now when it gets to Dangote or Otedola, the government will become deaf, dumb and blind at the same time.
But shinedu is from where otedola comes from except if you mean Chinedu
Re: Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US by HRMK: 6:56am On May 25
you mean one does not obtain a licence to import crude oil?what is this man saying?

1 Like

Re: Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US by tobore4u(m): 3:34pm On May 29
victorazy:
Stolen from Nigeria brought back to Nigeria
Re: Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US by victorazy(m): 10:27am On May 30
tobore4u:
Good Afternoon Sir

Pls can u bless my week?

OK.
Your week is blessed in Jesus Name, Amen!
Re: Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US by tobore4u(m): 1:06pm On May 30
victorazy:

OK.
Your week is blessed in Jesus Name, Amen!
Thx sir but blessing me finacially is what i was refering to.
Re: Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US by victorazy(m): 7:56pm On May 30
tobore4u:
Thx sir but blessing me finacially is what i was refering to.

Sorry, blessing from bottom of heart don't come upon a man twice.
Ask about Esau & Jacob. You would have been specific. grin
Re: Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US by tobore4u(m): 8:30am On Jun 02
victorazy:

Sorry, blessing from bottom of heart don't come upon a man twice.
Ask about Esau & Jacob. You would have been specific. grin
would have been? cheesy ; ; cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Otedola In Trouble With Love Child’s Mum / Osinbajo: FG To Create 5million Jobs / Aba Residents Lament As They Wade Through Flood At Nwigwe Junction (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.